Dentistry is a field of medicine that involves analysis, diagnosis, prevention as well as treatments related to the oral cavity. Professionals who look after oral health are called dentists. Karnataka has the best dental colleges in the country. One among them is AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research Bangalore. Let’s know more about the College of Dental Sciences!
Table of Contents
- AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research Bangalore Overview
- AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research Bangalore Admission
- AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research Courses Offered
- AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research Bangalore Fees Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research Bangalore Overview
The Institution comes under Amrit Educational and Cultural Society. It was founded in 1992. The pioneers behind the educational institution are its Group Chairman, Smt Geetha Devi, a philanthropist, and educationist, along with Shri R Venkatesh, the Secretary, and treasurer, with experience across various education sectors in the field. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in dentistry. This college is the top choice for students among top dental colleges in India.
|AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research
|#108, Hulimavu Tank Bund Road, BTM 6th Stage, 1st Phase, Kammanahalli off Bannerghatta.Road, Bangalore 560076.
|Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences University, Bangalore
|Dental Council of India, GOI, Government of Karnataka
|Both Boys and Girls
The institution’s vision is to become a healthy integration of both Eastern and Western dental sciences, in order to help humanity with good care.
The college’s mission is to become an academic center of excellence, by providing training and education to dental health professionals, who can understand the community’s needs with professional standards and ethics. It must be according to the standards set by the National Oral Health Policy.
Why study at AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research?
AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research Bangalore is among the best colleges in Karnataka. So, you must study here because:
- It provides quality education and healthcare in a safe environment.
- The College is a center of research and development.
- Faculty Members are qualified, experienced, and trained in their respective fields.
- It has state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities with hostels, labs, classrooms, seminar halls, conference rooms, etc.
- It gives a good environment for diagnostic and therapeutic training facilities.
AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research Bangalore Admission
The admission procedure for the courses available in AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research Bangalore is:
- Admissions to the programs take place via the Karnataka counseling, which is conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority.
- Aspirants for admission to BDS and MDS have to be NEET qualified.
- Students get admissions directly through KEA counseling.
- You can contact the admissions department for more information on getting admissions.
Eligibility Criteria for BDS
To get admission to BDS, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria. The criteria are:
- Aspirants must have passed 12th Standard or PUC from a recognized board or college.
- He/She should have Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English subjects.
- The aggregate score must be 50% for General students and 40% for SC/ST students.
- The minimum age at admission is 17 years, and the maximum is 25 years.
- He/She must be NEET qualified.
Documents Required for BDS
You must get along with you, the following documents during the admission process:
- Printout of the Application Form.
- 10th Standard Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- 12th Standard Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- NEET Admit Card and Scorecard.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Passport-size photos.
Eligibility Criteria for MDS
Master of Dental Surgery is a PG course for a duration of 3 years. The eligibility criteria for admissions are:
- Aspirants must have passed BDS from a recognized college or university, which is in accordance with the regulations of DCI and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Students should have provisional or permanent registration with DCI and State Dental Council.
- He/She must also have completed 1 year of compulsory internship.
- Must be NEET qualified.
Documents Required for MDS
You must carry these documents with you while getting admission to the MDS course:
- Class 10th Marksheet or its equivalent.
- Class 12th Marksheet.
- Year Wise BDS Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- Internship Completion Document.
- Document of registration with the Dental Council of India or any other State Dental Council.
- Recent passport-size photos.
AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research Courses Offered
AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research Bangalore offers undergraduate BDS and postgraduate MDS courses.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
Bachelor of Dental Surgery is otherwise known as BDS. The time taken to complete the course is 5 years, including 4 years of classroom teaching, followed by 1 year of internship. It is the second most preferred course in the field of medicine. Students are taught about tooth extraction, tooth fillings, scaling, and smile design. After the course completion, graduates can either open their clinics or work in clinics.
BDS Course Subjects
BDS is becoming the most sought-after program after MBBS. In the course, the students are taught about dental and medical subjects. Subjects covered in the syllabus are:
- General Human Anatomy.
- Human Physiology and Biochemistry.
- Dental Materials.
- Prosthodontics, Crown, and Bridge.
- General Pathology and Microbiology.
- Dental Pharmacology.
- Conservative Dentistry, and so on.
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
Master of Dental Surgery is otherwise called MDS. The program is a specialized area of study that looks into oral health, jaws, and other facial tissues. It is a 3-year PG course. The course suits students who have completed their bachelor’s degree in BDS from any recognized college or institution. There are 5 specializations offered in the college.
MDS courses can be taken when you want to better understand the specialized subjects. The College gives the following specializations in MDS:
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Preventive Dentistry and Paediatrics.
AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research Bangalore Fees Structure
The fees for the course offerings at AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research Bangalore are:
|Fees (per year)
The other fees which you need to pay for the BDS course are:
- University Fees for Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, is Rs 15,000/-, which is payable for 4 years.
- Material and Lab Fees are Rs 45,000 per year.
Other fees for the MDS course are:
- University Fees for RGUHS is Rs 15,000/-, payable for 3 years.
- Material and Lab Fees are Rs 45,000/- per year.
Scholarships are financial aid awarded to students to continue their education. They are based on academics, merit, needs and skills. The College awards scholarships to meritorious students based on their academic performance. Apart from it, various private and government organizations also provide scholarships.
Placements and Scope
AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research Bangalore organizes student placements and internships. It has a placement department with student coordinators who look after creating the database of the students according to their skills. Seminars, conferences, workshops, and mock interviews are conducted on campus. Students get placement in the top healthcare organizations.
Nowadays, BDS is among the well-known courses in the medical field. After completing your BDS Program, lots of jobs are available across various sectors, in both the private and government sectors. Sectors in which jobs are available for BDS students are:
- Private Hospitals.
- Dental Clinics.
- Government hospitals.
- Research Centres.
- Dental Equipment Manufacturers.
- Pharmaceutical Companies.
College alumni play an important role in placement-related activities. Alumni Committee organises the Alumni Meet, in which the alumni are invited from various sectors, to interact with the students. They also help them out with placements and internships.
Rankings and Recognitions
AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research Bangalore is ranked among the best dental colleges in Karnataka. The College comes under Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. Its courses are approved by the DCI, the Government of Karnataka, and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi. Students get placements in hospitals, research clinics, pharmaceutical companies, etc.
The College is located on the Hulimavu Tank Road, in BTM 6th stage, in Kammanahalli on the Bannerghatta Road, in the city of Bangalore. The City is the educational and industrial hub of the country. Its pleasant weather and its welcoming people attract students from across different states. The environment is the most conducive for studying and living on the campus. Facilities that are offered on the campus are:
Boys and girls have separate buildings for their hostels. Each of these buildings is further divided into rooms. The warden is present at all times, to look after the problems and issues of the hostelites. Each room is cozy, airy, well-ventilated, and spacious. The rooms are well-furnished with study tables, beds, and study tables. The College ensures a safe and homely environment during their study period.
The canteen at AECS Maaruti College of Dental Sciences and Research Bangalore looks after the faculty members, scholars, patients, and visitors. It provides healthy South Indian, North Indian as well as continental food. It also has a bakery, which prepares orders on a prior basis.
The library forms an integral part of the college. It has a huge collection of reference books, textbooks, national and international journals, newspapers, and magazines. The faculties and students can access the books and study quietly in a small reading room.
The College has modernized, well-equipped, and airy classrooms, which enable a conducive study environment and promote good learning. Its settings enable the breeze from the Hulimavu Lake to enter the classes, thereby making it well-ventilated.
Students are encouraged to be bit both physically and mentally. Outdoor sports like cricket, football, basketball, volleyball, and jogging tracks. Indoor games facilities for chess, table tennis, and carrom are arranged in the hostels. Sports tournaments are organized for the students, on the campus every year.
There is a hospital attached to the campus. It has doctors, nurses, hospital staff, and ambulances for any emergency situation. Bannerghatta Road has the top hospitals in Bangalore.
The College campus is a combination of modern facilities as well as a green environment. It has sewage treatment plants and a rainwater harvesting facility within the campus. The medical wastes are collected and disposed of in an eco-friendly way.
- Address: #108, Hulimavu Tank Bund Road, BTM 6th Stage, 1st Phase, Kammanahalli off Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru 560076.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. In which city is the college located?
The College is located in the city of Bangalore.
2. What are the courses offered by the AECS Dental College Bangalore?
The College offers undergraduate and postgraduate, BDS and MDS courses.
3. When was the college established?
AECS Maaruti Dental College was established in 1992.
4. Does the college have hostel accommodation?
Yes, the College has hostel accommodation.
5. How much time is required to finish BDS?
It takes 5 years to finish BDS including 1-year of Internship.
6. Is the AECS College campus safe for girls?
Yes, the college campus is safe for girls.
7. How many specializations are available for MDS in the college?
The College provides 5 specializations for MDS.
8. Does the college arrange placements for the students?
Yes, the college arranges placements for the students.
You can also look for another dental college. All you need to do is click and follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A small favour
I would request you to do me a small favour, by writing about what you think about the pros and cons of the institution. You can mention your views and opinion in the comments box below. Your feedback can influence the decision of an upcoming dentist. Thanks in advance!