|Apply for Admission 2021-22|
Hi and welcome back to yet another exclusive post where I’ll discuss one of the most famous nursing colleges in Bangalore, India. I have been providing you with all the details of different nursing colleges in Bangalore for your convenience to choose the best.
Today I’ll be talking about the Koshys College of Nursing which is situated on the Hennur-Bagalur Road. The college was established in the year 2003 when they got recognization by the Nursing Council of India and the Karnataka Nursing Council.
The college has all the nursing courses viz. Basic B.Sc Nursing, Post Basic B.Sc Nursing, GNM Nursing, and M.Sc Nursing. The college has a widespread campus of 7 acres accompanied by all the good facilities and amenities. The Koshys College of Nursing aims at providing world-class health care education aiding to your better tomorrow.
There are currently 1500 students studying at the institution and I have personally met a few of them who have told me about their experiences and are happy with their decisions. The college has a very good academic reputation and is one of the most renowned colleges in Bangalore for Nursing.
In the upcoming columns, I’ll be providing you every detail about the college including all academics, extra cultural activities, sports activity, campus life, and much more. This will help you understand the whole overview of the college thus helping you decide the best for your career.
Table of Contents
- College Overview
- Courses Available
- Facilities in KOSHY’S SCHOOL AND COLLEGE OF NURSING
- Departments and Faculties
- Hostel Facility
- Eligibility for Admission
- Documents for Admission
- KOSHY’S SCHOOL AND COLLEGE OF NURSING Fee Structure
- Ranking and Reputation
- Scholarship Details
- Admission Procedure
- Application Procedure
- Ownership Type: Private.
- No. of Faculties: 115.
- Campus Area: 7 acres.
- Founded Year: 2003.
- Approved by: INC.
- No. of Students: 1400.
- B.Sc NURSING.
- GENERAL NURSING AND MIDWIFERY.
- POST BASIC B.Sc NURSING.
- M.Sc NURSING.
Facilities in KOSHY’S SCHOOL AND COLLEGE OF NURSING
The Koshys College of Nursing spreads over a campus area of 7 acres which has been associated with all the facilities of the hostel, library, cafeteria, canteen, mess, clubs, and other associations. The college houses around 1500 students providing them with the best experience and facilities.
The college has a separate hostel for boys and girls along with the mess services providing you with nutritious daily meals. The rooms of the hostel are clean, hygienic and comfortable available for both the undergraduates and postgraduates. The hostel is also facilitated by 24/7 security services.
There is a Cafe Coffee Day outlet at the campus for the coffee lover in you along with a cafeteria where you can find wholesome and delicious food throughout the day at really affordable prices.
CHAPEL AND PRAYER HALL
“Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence”- As all of us know that peace lies in spirituality thus at Koshys College of Nursing you have a chapel followed by a prayer hall for inner peace and praying every day.
The college also has a Football court, Basketball court, Table Tennis game, Badminton Court and other more sports for your fitness and love for sports. College also hosts monthly tournaments and game events for the students.
‘Happiness is nothing more than good health’- The college also has a GYM on the campus which is equipped with all the latest machines and types of equipment for a healthy experience.
CLASSROOM AND SEMINAR HALLS
The classrooms are well designed with comfortable seatings and projectors. There are also seminar halls along with it for the daily presentations, discussions, meetings, etc.
The college has a world-class library facility giving you access to all the latest books, journals and articles for your knowledge. The library has been added along with an audio-visual section having a variety of CD Roms, audio and videos for extensive information.
They also have a surfing section with wi-fi for gathering information and your research works. You can access the library from 9:00 am in the morning to 6:00 pm in the evening on all the working days.
The whole campus is digitalized along with the whole campus being wi-fi enabled for connectivity.
In addition to this, the college also has an International Students Association and Anti-Ragging Cell.
They look after the interest and well being of the students coming from other countries to maintain their dignity and safety. The Anti-Ragging cell guides the students towards zero-tolerance along with a strict inquiry and action towards any crime or heinous acts. They provide you with a helpline number that is 24 hours active for your convenience.
Departments and Faculties
The Koshys College of Nursing will help you achieve your dreams and goals with its most qualified staff members who will help you at every step of your career. They will teach you all the latest techniques and give you an in-depth knowledge of everything.
At every stair of your career ladder, you will be guided with the best faculty.
The College has separate departments and labs for different courses which have well trained and qualified staff for your betterment and learning.
PROFESSOR SERENA SHAJI – PRINCIPAL OF KOSHY’S COLLEGE OF NURSING.
DEPARTMENT OF OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGICAL NURSING
- PROFESSOR MRS. BIJI JOSEPH.
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR MRS. MINI MATHAI.
DEPARTMENT OF CHILD HEALTH NURSING
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR MRS. ANCY JOSE.
- LECTURER MRS. FEBA NESAMANI.
DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH NURSING
- LECTURER MRS. JIPSA PHILIP.
DEPARTMENT OF MEDICAL SURGICAL NURSING
- LECTURER MRS. LINTAMOL THOMAS.
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR MRS. MELBA ELIZABETH K.
- LECTURER MISS RESHMA TAMANG.
- LECTURER MISS PRIYANKA PAUL FERNANDES.
- MISS. POOJA D. R.
- MISS. RENU V.
- No. of Rooms -150.
- Maximum Capacity – 300.
- Facilities – Canteen/Smart Campus/Wi-fi/Library/Sports etc.
- Hostel Fees – Rs.3000 /month.
- No. of Rooms – 300.
- Maximum Capacity – 600.
- Facilities – Cafeteria/Library/Security/Wifi etc.
- Hostel Fees – Rs.3000 /month.
Eligibility for Admission
Those students who want to apply for admission can apply by going through the eligibility norms for an overview.
In order to apply in B.Sc Nursing, the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The candidate must have passed their 10+2 or any equivalent state board examination with a minimum aggregate of 45% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology along with English.
In the case of General Nursing & Midwifery,
- Candidates should have Passed PUC/12th std/10+2 or Equivalent in any of the Stream with Minimum aggregate of 40% Marks.
- The student shall be medically fit.
For Post Basic B.Sc Nursing,
- The age of the candidate must not be more than 48 years of age.
- The candidate must have passed the course of General Nursing & Midwifery with the minimum qualifying marks.
In M.Sc Nursing,
- After passing Basic B.Sc Nursing with a minimum aggregate of 55%
- And at least one year of experience after Basic B.Sc Nursing from any authorized health service care or hospital.
Documents for Admission
Documents play a very important role in the whole admission process. Keep all your documents attested and handy for easier evaluation during your application procedure and a visit to the college.
Note: Keep 4-5 photocopy of all the documents with you for future use as the college might take your original documents at the time of admission which will be given back once the course completes.
Following are the documents required:
- 10th marks card.
- 12th marks card.
- 10th passing mark sheet.
- 12th passing mark sheet.
- Transfer certificate.
- Character certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Aadhar card.
- Income certificate in case asked.
- Medical certificate.
- You’re a B.Sc mark sheet if applying for M.Sc Nursing.
KOSHY’S SCHOOL AND COLLEGE OF NURSING Fee Structure
- BSc Nursing – Rs.95,000/year.
- GNM – Rs.30,000/year.
- Post BSc Nursing – Rs.50,000/year.
- MSc Nursing – Rs.75,000/year.
I have already mentioned the college and the hostel fees in the post. Apart from this, there can be additional examination fees, material fees, cafeteria charges, etc.
The hostel fees include the mess charges or not depends upon the college.
The examination fees for the university papers are decided by the university every year and notified to the students.
Any other facility availed by the students on the campus will be charged accordingly by the college.
Ranking and Reputation
The Koshys College of Nursing is one of the most reputed colleges in Bangalore. It aims at providing the best quality education and health training. At Koshy’s, they aim at helping you carve your career with all the necessary knowledge for a better future.
At Koshys College of Nursing, they aim at creating a student-friendly atmosphere for better understanding and learning.
The college is recognized by the INDIAN NURSING COUNCIL and KARNATAKA NURSING COUNCIL.
The college firstly started with a course in General Nursing & Midwifery and then was followed by Basic B.Sc Nursing and Post Basic B.Sc Nursing. Later they added the course of M.Sc Nursing to amplify the experience of the students and train future health professionals.
The college is well equipped with all the modern technologies and latest training programs where you learn with all the enthusiasm and support from the highly qualified staff.
Nursing is one of the noblest professions in the health services of mankind. Thus, Over a brief span of 15 years, only The Koshys College of Nursing has earned a very good reputed name in our country. The college along with its efficient staff members aims at helping students achieve both academic and extracurricular excellence in life.
At the Koshys College of Nursing, throughout the year they arrange various workshops, orientation, and seminars in order to train and make the students ready for their recruitment day.
An Employment Program is very necessary to provide the students with an overview of the recruitment services that have been set up by the college along with a tie-up with many good reputed colleges.
There are Grooming classes that make sure that you look representable when working or practicing. Appearance makes a remarkable impression thus making it important to dress up properly in uniforms that accentuate ease of working and movements.
There are various certification programs that help you add a feather to your cap for your future placements.
The college also has a tie-up with many community centers and NGOs that help you to provide your services to those who need it the most.
The college has an exclusive collaboration with very renowned hospitals that recruit you at the end of every course, such as:
- Manipal Hospitals.
- Columbia Asia Hospital.
- Koshys Hospital.
- Hosmat hospital.
- Cytecare Cancer Hospitals.
The college provides scholarships to those students who are eligible to avail it. It is an outrageous opportunity for those students want to achieve their dreams but are setback by their financial shortcomings.
NOTE: The Scholarship program is not applicable to all the students. It is only applicable for those who qualify the mentioned criteria.
- A scholarship of 50% is available for those who have scored 90% or above in their higher secondary studies.
- A scholarship of 30% is available for those who have scored 80- 90% or above in their higher secondary studies.
- For those belonging to the scheduled tribe or scheduled caste can avail a scholarship of 10%
- Tot those belonging to the defense services can avail a scholarship of 20%.
The Koshys College of Nursing has a total intake of approximately 149 students where 60 students accommodate in General Nursing and Midwifery whereas 60 students each in Basic B.Sc Nursing and Post Basic B.Sc Nursing. There is an intake of 29 students in M.Sc Nursing which started in the year 2010.
Please read the below-mentioned points carefully before applying for the same.
- The candidate must go through all the mentioned eligibility criteria before applying for the college.
- Read the instruction thoroughly on the college website guiding the application form.
- Fill in all the details of the required field in capital or normal font as mentioned.
- Attach in all the documents as asked by the college along with the form.
- The college will send you a confirmation mail about the submission on your email id.
- Your application will be shortlisted according to the college’s criteria list.
- As per selection, you’ll be contacted by the college through email or phone call.
- You’ll be asked to come to the college along with all the documents for cross-checking and finalization.
- There will be a short personal interview.
- After which you’ll be asked to complete all the formalities and take the admission letter.
In order to apply to Koshys College of Nursing, there are few ways to apply it according to your convenience.
You can directly go to the college academic office and apply directly from there or you can fill the form by downloading it online from the college website and then submitting it to the college office. The other way is to apply online through the college website. Or you can directly contact us in order to experience a hassle-free admission and proper guidance.
In order to apply online through the college website go through the procedure carefully.
- The application form is available online on the college website.
- Fill in the form online carefully checking every column carefully with the utmost attention.
- Check all the spellings carefully before moving to the next.
- Keep all the documents handy to fill in all the details like a colored photograph for uploading the image on the form and then your scanned 10th and 12th mark sheet and rest other documents that are required.
- Then you will be redirected to the payment gateway after which an online application number will be displayed after the successful payment.
- Enter your email id carefully for the confirmation of the application form submission and the rest of the further details.
Admission Helpline: +91-8217834627.
The Koshys College of Nursing is situated on the Hennur-Bagalur Road which can be easily reached by your vehicle, cab or bus services.
The college is situated at a distance of seventeen kilometers from the Bangalore Internation Airport which will take you approximately 26 minutes to reach the college.
Those traveling by train can reach the college from the Bangalore Railway Station by vehicle or cab which will take approximately 42 minutes as the distance is twenty-four kilometers.
The college can also be reached via bus as the distance between the Majestic Bus Stand and Koshys College of Nursing is twenty-four kilometers which will approximately take 42 minutes.
I hope I have provided you with all the in-depth detail about the Koshys College of Nursing which will help you in deciding to choose the best nursing college comparing all the details and the facilities.
I have collected all this information through complete online and offline research about the college. I have visited the college personally and asked the students about the environment and the experience.
For more detailed information you can directly contact me on the stated number or comment in the thread given below. I’ll try to contact and revert back as soon as possible to clarify all your queries and concerns.
Till then wait for my next post where we’ll be talking about a new college.