Hello, everyone! Thank you for stopping by. I warmly welcome you to my blogs on Homoeopathic medical colleges. With the admission process beginning in most colleges, I understand that you, as an applicant, are on the lookout for a college, where you can thrive academically. We have a team of professional guides to assist you in every step of the admission process and make your journey of college admission smooth. Now, let me brief you a little on Alvas Ayurvedic Medical College (AAMC).
Table of Contents
- Alvas Ayurvedic Medical College Overview
- Alvas Ayurvedic Medical College Admissions
- Alvas Ayurvedic Medical College Fees Structure
- Career Opportunities
- Ranking & Recognitions
- Facilities Offered at Alvas Ayurveic College
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Alvas Ayurvedic Medical College Overview
|Name||Alvas Ayurveda Medical College|
|Address||Sundari Ananda Alva Campus, Vidyagiri, Moodubidire, Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka– 574 227|
|Principal||Dr Sajith M|
|Affiliated To||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved By||Central Council of Indian Medicine, New Delhi|
|Hostel||Both Girls and Boys|
Founded in the year 1996 with a vision that was inspired by the humanistic approach to medical sciences by the academist Dr M Mohan, the institution has recently completed its silver jubilee year in 2020-2021. AAMC is spread across a magnificent landscape amid the beauty of nature which fosters the love for nature in its students and helps in their overall development.
- The institution aims to produce individuals having fundamental knowledge about Ayurveda with practical training to have a holistic approach to reviving and developing ancient Traditional medicine.
- With a growing number of people seeking Ayurveda for the solution to their health problems and wellness, it is of prime importance, that the students are well-trained in imparting genuine Ayurvedic Health care.
- The institute came up with post-graduate education in the year 2006 and advanced with a PhD centre in Ayurveda in the year 2013-2014.
- The students are given training in theoretical and practical aspects of Ayurveda. The training is aided by knowing the theoretical as well as practical fundamentals that find its unique blend when students work alongside excellent supervision in AAMC hospital called Alva’s Health Centre.
- Along with an excellent teaching faculty, the institution boasts a well-equipped library, a herbal garden, a pharmacy, and a research unit.
Mission: The mission at which the institution has embarked on its journey is ‘to mould a better tomorrow’ for its students. Striving for excellence is what the institution consistently pursues. With the intake capacity of 100 students in the BAMS course, 61 in MD Ayurveda, and, 14 students in MS Ayurveda, the institution believes in imparting quality education and knowledge to its students. It has students from across the country and globe.
Vision: Alvas Medical College is working since its inception to provide social service with utmost precision and genuine care. to achieve this vision, the administration is working through multiple health centres as well as social awareness programs to ensure humanity-based health care.
- They have a special program called the Swarnasanjeevini Programme that is organised every month.
- They have recently launched another solution in the form of Alva’s Arogya Siri that helps people belonging to minority and socially backward groups to avail themselves of healthcare services at a reasonable rate.
Why Choose Alvas Ayurvedic Medical College?
To chose which college to join baffles many students. We are here, to get rid of your confusion and provide you with reliable information regarding colleges.
There are very few colleges in India that provide education on Ayurveda and Ayurvedic Medicine. AAMC is an institution that is surely going to meet your expectations. It boasts of an experienced and qualified faculty, a congenial environment, and infrastructure with modern equipment.
This institution has grown in prominence for delivering the best service to the people by producing competent individuals. AAMC allows you to thrive academically and personally. Alvas Ayurvedic Medical College Reviews are mostly good due to these reasons.
The faculty at AAMC is considered to be top-notch in the field of Ayurveda. They are professionals who are determined to impart to their students the knowledge and counsel them whenever in need. They are highly qualified, experienced, talented, and committed to their profession.
Library is considered to be the heart of any institution. Here, in AAMC, the students get exposed to an array of books of over 12000 in number on Ayurveda and other subjects. Periodicals and journals are also available in the abode of knowledge.
The institution has a great infrastructure, with research units, practical halls, a herbal garden, and a lush green campus. The infrastructure of any institution becomes an important aspect when choosing that college. Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College will not disappoint you in this department.
Alvas Ayurvedic Medical College Admissions
BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine, and Surgery)
The BAMS course is of 5 years and 6 months duration which includes a year of compulsory internship. The intake capacity is 100 students for this course.
Eligibility for BAMS
- The students need a minimum of 50% in their overall score in the PCB category in their PUC/PDC/HSC (10+2). However, 40% is the bar set for students belonging to SC/ST/OBC category. This constitutes Alva’s ayurvedic medical college cut-off.
- The candidate should have completed 17 years on or before the 31st day of December of the year of admission.
- Candidate should fulfil the eligibility criteria for the NEET entrance exam.
- SSLC Marks Card.
- PUC Card.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- 6 Passport and Stamp Size Photos.
- Xerox of Aadhar Card.
- NEET Hall Ticket.
- NEET Marksheet.
- NEET Eligibility Certificate.
- Eligibility from RGUHS (CBSE & Non-Karnataka).
- To get admission into the prestigious college of Alvas Ayurvedic Medical College, you are required to download the application form from their official website and send it to the Principal of the college after completing it. The official address of the college is where you need to send your application. Do not forget to send the documents along with the application.
- The Registration Fee is Rs. 1,000/- which you have to pay through DD or Cheque in the name of the Principal of the college.
This is a post-graduate course, of which the duration is of 3 years. The intake of students in the MD Ayurveda program is as follows:
|Ayurveda Samhita and Siddhanta||5|
|Agad Tantra Avum Vidhi Vaidyaka||5|
|Rasa Shastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana||10|
|Swathavritta & Yoga||4|
|Manovigyana Avum Manasa Roga||4|
|Roganidana Avum Vikriti Vigyana||4|
|Prasuti Tantra Avum Stri Roga||5|
Eligibility For MS/ MD
- Only candidates possessing BAMS Degree are eligible to apply for MS/MD Ayurveda.
- Candidates should have eligibility criteria for the AIAPGET entrance exams.
Documents Required For Admission
- Registration of state Ayurveda Practitioner’s Registration Board.
- AIAPGET Marksheet.
- RGUHS Eligibility (For students who have done BAMS in a University other than RGUHS).
- SSLC Marksheet.
- BAMS Marksheet.
- Photocopy of Aadhar Card.
- AIAPGET Hall Ticket.
- Migration Certificate.
- Transfer certificate.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Attempt Certificate.
- Recent 6 Passport and Stamp size Photographs.
- AIAPGET Eligibility.
- To get admission into the prestigious college of Alvas Ayurveda Medical College, you are required to download the application form from their official website and send it to the Principal of the college after completing it. The official address of the college is where you need to send your application. Do not forget to send the documents along with the application.
- The Registration Fee is Rs. 1,000/- which you have to pay through DD or Cheque.
PhD program at Alva’s Medical Ayurveda College is available in three subjects, namely,
- Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana.
Not much is described as far as the eligibility requirements, documents required, and fee structures are concerned. since these are highly specified academic lines, these have special requirements that must be fulfilled by interested candidates. To know more about this, head over to visit their campus and talk to the administration. if not, you can always reach out to me to help and provide you with all the necessary information you require.
Alvas Ayurvedic Medical College Fees Structure
We believe in giving you authentic and up-to-date information. Since there is a lack of information on the Alva’s Ayurvedic Medical College fee structure on its college’s website, You may reach out to us for your queries to be answered by our top-rated professional guides.
The institution has produced hundreds of graduates in the field of Ayurveda, who have carried the glory of the institution far and wide. There is a wide range of scope once you have completed your BAMS Degree. You can even go abroad to pursue higher studies in the field of Ayurveda.
The college, for now, offers a bachelor’s degree in Ayurveda (BAMS), and postgraduate and PhD courses. These are recognized by the Central Council of Indian Medicine, Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi, Government of India and affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, Bangalore.
if you want real-time placement details and in-campus opportunities that the students at Alva’s Medical Ayurveda College enjoy, you may reach out to us or the authorities to know the exact data.
Ranking & Recognitions
The prestigious institute of Alva’s Medical Ayurveda College has several awards and achievements to its name. At just two decades old, this institute has carved a name for itself in the field of Ayurveda by providing the best individuals to provide service to society through their Ayurvedic knowledge.
It also facilitates its students who top their examination, by updating their names on the website. This inspires the students to do well in their examinations. every year, Alva’s Medical College has been consistently producing some of the brightest minds to achieve their dream goal.
- Why we say this is because most of the toppers throughout their graduate degree have been consistently achieving top 10 ranks at PG entrance exams conducted and facilitated by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- AAMC’s toppers in the past year (2021) have also been able to secure 1st and 2nd rank at the State level in their final year of BAMS degree.
- Prizes, ranks, and accolades have been a regular trend for students from AAMC. from oral presentations in inter-college competitions to holding top ranks for PG admissions, AAMC students have been in the limelight in their field of expertise.
Facilities Offered at Alvas Ayurveic College
In terms of facilities, with just being two decades old, the institute has managed to offer its students the best amenities. It is one of the few colleges in the field of Ayurveda to impress the students with high standards in teaching, a huge library with a huge collection of books, and a congenial environment for the students. Let us look at some of these, that will help you in deciding better.
In the field of surgery and medicine, research constitutes an important aspect of overall knowledge. Without research, one cannot excel in the given subjects.
- The institute offers a research unit for its students to gain as much knowledge as they can.
- They provide an opportunity for all types of research activities connected to PG/Ph.D. scholars and also in collaboration with government and non-government funding boards.
- A well-equipped separate unit called “ATMA” (Alvas Traditional Medicine Archive) Research Centre is established for this purpose.
The students are trained in the pharmacy on how to prepare Ayurveda medicines with the help of the traditional methodologies with inspiration from modern technology.
- It is one of the GMP-certified and CU-certified units. This means that AAMC’s pharmacy is a supplier of authentic raw herbs.
- It is situated 6km away from the college premises. it is responsible for manufacturing and supplying over 200 top-rated patent Ayurveda medicines for the general masses.
The libraries hold a prominent place in any institution. No college is complete without a library of its own. If an institution is the abode of knowledge, then the library is the heart of that abode.
The college has a huge library to offer with over 12000 books on the subject of Ayurveda and other allied subjects. It also has subscriptions to various periodicals and journals. Audio-visual aids, photocopy facility, and computer services with internet are added features to their library, for the convenience of the students.
For the easy commute of students between their hostels and college and clinical out postings, transport facilities are provided. Being in the medical profession, the students require to travel far for their clinical activities. It becomes a matter of inconvenience for the students, who do not have a vehicle of their own to travel to such places. The institute takes care of the students by providing them with transport facilities for such academic and clinical activities.
Ayurvedic treatment combines herbal products, mainly derived from nature. The plants constitute an important aspect in the production of Ayurvedic medicine. They are one of the oldest ways of treating any ailment or curing any disease.
- The institute has Shobha Vana, which is spread across 150 acres of land having 58 Vanas.
- Different species of herbs and about 2000 types of medicinal herbs have been originally cultivated and certified by SKAL International of the Netherlands.
- These herbal gardens are a source of benefit in the field of research for many scientists, scholars, and medicine practicians.
The practical halls provide practical knowledge to the students. These halls have dissection theatre to give the students an insight into human anatomy. Physiology and Pathology laboratories are provided for the same purpose. Dravyaguna Practical hall, Rasa Shastra, and Bhaishajya Kalpana Practical hall provide maximum practical exposure to the concerned subjects of Ayurveda.
Excellent Teaching Faculty
The professors of Alvas Ayurvedic Medical College are individuals, committed to providing the students with the best knowledge regarding the concerned subjects. They are qualified and experienced and have many prestigious publications to their names. They are present to guide the students of UG, MD/MS, and PhD.
Conferences and Academic Activities
Regular workshops and conferences are being held in the institution for the benefit of the students. These workshops allow them to have a wide exposure to the subject of Ayurveda and its use.
- Several webinars on issues like World Mental Health Day are also being held to depict how present-day lifestyle and stress act as the causative factor for psychiatric and behavioural problems that affect our everyday life.
- It highlighted the importance of counselling in the prevention and management of these problems.
- Essay competitions and debate competitions are also being regularly held to inculcate the skill of public speaking in the students.
Address: Sundari Ananda Alva Campus, Vidyagiri, Moodubidire, Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka– 574 227.
- Phone: +919620480722.
- Email: email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the intake capacity in the BAMS course of AAMC?
The intake capacity is 100 students in the course of BAMS in AAMC. It is a UG programme.
2. What programmes does the college provide other than the UG?
The institute provides programmes in UG, PG in MD/MS, and PhD as of now.
3. What is the duration of the UG and PG programmes?
The BAMS is of 5 years and 6 months, which includes one year of compulsory internship. The MD/MS is of 3 years.
4. How many specialities are there in the PG programme?
The institute provides a total of 15 Specialities in its PG programme, i.e. MD and MS courses.
5. Are all the courses full-time?
Yes, all the courses provided by the college are regular/full-time.
6. Can I take up the course online?
No, there is no such facility as of now. All courses are full time and you need to attend the classes, once you enrol the course.
7. How is the teaching faculty of the college?
The teaching faculty of the college are top-notch and are experienced individuals in the field of Ayurveda. The students greatly benefitted from them.
8. Are the application forms available online?
Yes, the application forms are available online. But you need to send them the application form via courier to their official address in the name of the Principal.
9. What are the registration charges?
The registration charge is Rs 1000 which needs to be made in the form of a cheque or DD in the name of the Principal of the college.
10. Do they conduct written tests for enrolment of students in their course?
No, they do not conduct tests for the enrolment of students. You are given admission based on your NEET and AIAPGT results for UG and PG respectively.
You can also go through my detailed post on other Ayurveda colleges following the link below:
Just a Moment:
I hope you won’t mind assisting the budding BAMS aspirants. All you need to do is put up a review in the comment section below based on your views and experiences at Alvas Ayurvedic Medical College if you are a graduate or a current student pursuing a degree from the college.