Greetings to all of you! If you are here, you must be a high school student who intends to pursue a degree in Ayurvedic sciences. It is usually advised to research various ayurvedic colleges in the country to determine which ones are the greatest for you. Our knowledgeable team of guidance specialists is available to assist you at every stage of the admissions process. If you require further information to help you decide on the ayurvedic college to attend contact our esteemed team at the earliest. Let us now talk in-depth about Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Ayurvedic Medical College Gadag. Make sure to read the full post and make a note of everything you want to know from us.
Table of Contents
- Bhagwan Mahaveer Ayurvedic College Overview
- BMJ Ayurvedic Medical College Admission Procedure
- BMJ Ayurvedic Medical College Courses and Departments
- BMJ Ayurvedic Medical College Fee Structure
- BMJ Ayurvedic Medical College Placement
- BMJ Ayurvedic Medical College Rankings and Achievements
- BMJ Ayurvedic Medical College Reviews
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Bhagwan Mahaveer Ayurvedic College Overview
Ayurveda is an ancient medical science of the Indian subcontinent developed by the Rishis and Gyanis of ancient times. It involves treating and curing diseases with the help of natural compounds like plant and mineral formulations.
With an increase in lifestyle disorders, the modern generation is turning toward their roots and applying ayurvedic principles to lead a healthy lifestyle. In this scenario, the importance of Ayurveda acharyas and Ayurvedic colleges has risen significantly.
The College of Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Ayurvedic Medical College, Gadag is situated in a calm surrounding on the outskirts of the city providing all the facilities for a complete campus life for students.
College Key Highlights
|Name||Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Ayurvedic Medical College, Gadag|
|Address||Gadag GH Road, Gadag, Gadag, Karnataka|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved By||Ministry of Ayush and Central Council of Indian Medicine|
|Hostel||Separate hostel for boys and girls|
The students excel to become Ayurveda acharyas under the mentorship of the excellent faculty.
The college maintains all the necessary infrastructure according to CCIM standards to conduct Ayurvedic courses.
The college is attached to an Ayurvedic hospital which allows students to gain clinical experience and inculcate social values by treating patients with care and compassion.
Why Choose BMJ Ayurvedic College?
- The campus area of the college is huge with well-designed buildings and infrastructure.
- The college has 14 departments that are fully functional and well-equipped with models, charts, and instruments necessary for better teaching strategies.
- The college is filled with pride as it has meritorious faculty who are duty-driven.
- They constantly mentor students towards excellence.
- The college faculty strength is up to 50 members who provide one-on-one interaction with the students.
- The college organises various cultural events such as annual fests where students participate with enthusiasm and spirit.
- This ensures cultural inclusivity and diversity on the campus and strengthens human relations among students.
BMJ Ayurvedic Medical College Admission Procedure
Every academic year, Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Ayurvedic Medical College Gadag makes admission decisions for its BAMS programme based on the NEET merit list. Students who are eager to enrol in the Ayurveda programme undergo counselling and apply for the programme after satisfying the eligibility requirements. Let’s talk about the eligibility criteria and the documents needed to submit during the counselling process.
|Courses Offered||Duration||Intake Capacity|
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)||4.5 years of classroom programme along with a 1-year internship.||50|
|MD (Doctor of Medicine- Ayurveda)||3 years||20|
Eligibility Criteria for BAMS
- At least 17 years old must be the applicant’s age as of December 31 of the admissions year.
- Candidates who achieved at least 50% pass marks in the fields of Chemistry, Physics, and Biology on a test equivalent to the 12th grade.
- Candidates who have qualified for the Pre-professional Medicine exam of a recognized university are eligible to apply. Occasional course subjects will not be taken into account.
- Candidates who have completed graduation in Chemistry, Zoology and Botany are eligible after providing a pass certificate in Physics subject equivalent to the 12th standard.
- The Zoology and Botany scores at the degree level of the candidates will be taken as Biology scores.
- Candidates who have any one of the above eligibility should secure a minimum of 50% overall marks in Physics, Biology and Chemistry in the qualifying exam or University level exam.
- An eligibility Certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health sciences is required for candidates who have qualified for an exam other than the 12th standard.
- Birth Certificate.
- 10th Marksheet.
- 12th Marksheet.
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Score Card.
- Aadhaar Card or any other identity card.
- Passport Size Photos.
Eligibility Criteria for MD
- A BAMS degree from an institution recognised by the Central Council of Indian Medicine.
- Those with an interest in teaching and research will be given preference.
- Candidates should have passed the concerned subject of specialisation in the first attempt during the BAMS course.
- A minimum of 55% pass marks are required in the final year degree exam and 50% pass marks for SC/ST/Service candidates
- Complete the internship by the time of application.
- Below 45 years at the time of applying for general candidates and SC/St candidates age limit is 48 years.
- Certificate of Birth.
- 10th Marksheet.
- 12th Marksheet.
- Eligibility Certificate from RGUHS, Bangalore.
- Aadhaar Card or any other identity card.
- Passport Size Photos.
- The responsible authority publishes an All India Merit list with the names of the qualified applicants.
- The Ayush Admissions Central Counselling Committee handles All India Quota (AIQ) seat counselling for government institutions, while government-authorised authorities handle AIQ seat counselling for private institutions. Counselling for State Government Seats is handled by the State Government’s Counselling Authority.
- These counselling sessions are attended by students, who thereafter receive admission to the designated colleges.
BMJ Ayurvedic Medical College Courses and Departments
One of the best Ayurvedic institutes in India, Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Ayurvedic Medical College, Gadag has a long tradition of producing deserving Ayurveda acharyas. For a comfortable stay on campus, the college provides students with accommodation and boarding options. Students can learn practical skills to become better professionals by utilising the infrastructural facilities offered by the college. The college places a strong emphasis on both academic and cultural growth.
Courses offered by BMJ Ayurvedic Medical College:
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S)||50|
|M.D. (Doctor of Medicine- Ayurveda)||20|
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Students that meet the required NEET cut-off score can join the BAMS course in any Ayurveda college. The course curriculum is of five and half years which includes a one-year mandatory internship. Students get insights into various Ayurvedic principles, drug formulations, and treatment methods.
The course training gives students the chance to succeed as Ayurveda acharyas and strive to improve people’s general health. To ensure equal opportunities, the college accepts both boys and girls into the BAMS course.
|Samhitha and Siddhanta||
|Rasashastra & Bhaisajya Kalpana||
|Prasuti and Stri Roga||
|Kaumarabhritya Bala Roga||
|Roganidana Avum Vikriti Vigyana||
Doctor of Medicine (Ayurveda)
Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Ayurvedic Medical College, Gadag offers 20 seats in MD in Ayurveda in 4 departments. Students who have qualified for the required entrance exam can get themselves enrolled on the following courses.
Specialisations Offered for the MD Programme
- Rasashastra & Bhaisajya Kalpana.
|MD Ayurveda in Kayachikitsa||05|
|MD Ayurveda in Panchakarma||05|
|MD Ayurveda in Rasashastra & Bhaisajya Kalpana||05|
|MD Ayurveda in Shalyatantra||05|
BMJ Ayurvedic Medical College Fee Structure
|Programme||Fee Amount (Govt. Quota)||Fee Amount (Priv. Quota)|
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery||Rs. 60,500||Rs. 2,00,500|
|Doctor of Medicine (MD Ayurveda)||–||–|
BMJAMC offers both graduate and postgraduate courses in Ayurveda. Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Ayurvedic Medical College’s fee structure is considerably lower than other medical courses such as MBBS and BDS. Financial constraint is not that great for parents if their wards opt to join the BAMS course.
Nonetheless, due to financial limitations, enrolling in an Ayurveda course may still be a faraway dream for some people. Therefore, these students should make use of scholarships and educational loan options. Central and state governments, Ayurvedic colleges, and NGOs award scholarships of decent amounts to deserving students which could help students to pursue their desired courses. Additionally, a lot of banking institutions lend money to poor students.
Contact our elite team if you’re interested in learning more about loans and scholarships. They can provide you with first-hand knowledge about the numerous financial choices available to students.
BMJ Ayurvedic Medical College Placement
As we can see, the importance of traditional medicine is growing both domestically and internationally, as the current generation is keen to develop a holistic lifestyle and prevent any lifestyle diseases. As a result, Ayurveda has once again risen to popularity among youth. So, it is not surprising that BAMS graduates are in high demand right now.
As more and more young people gravitate to Ayurveda for its curative and preventative capabilities, BAMS graduates from Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Ayurvedic Medical College, Gadag, perceive a growing relevance for their involvement in the lifestyle market. For B.A.M.S graduates, this need has opened up several work opportunities. Let’s now take a closer look at a couple of them.
- Undergraduates in BAMS must do a one-year internship as a requirement to learn how to treat patients according to Ayurveda principles.
- For a decent income, one can work as an ayurvedic doctor at a public or private hospital.
- Ayurveda acharyas are essential for administering Ayurvedic knowledge and medications to patients, hence many governments and private health clinics recruit them.
- The field of pharmaceuticals and formulations is vast with each medical field prescribing its medicines.
- If the Ayurveda acharyas are knowledgeable about ayurvedic medicinal compositions and their use, they can become Ayurvedic pharmacists and set up their pharmaceutical stores after acquiring the required licences.
- BAMS graduates can become lifestyle coaches who encourage individuals to adopt Ayurveda principles for a better lifestyle and health.
- Many graduates are now running Youtube channels and Instagram pages advocating to followers about various benefits of Ayurveda.
- Any field’s development is dependent on the research being done in that field by qualified researchers.
- Regularly adding new findings is necessary to keep the stream of Ayurveda from becoming static.
- Students who are interested in research activities might enrol in prestigious Ayurvedic colleges and make a career out of them.
- After completing a BAMS programme, one can work as a lecturer for any Ayurvedic educational institution, instructing undergraduates in a variety of courses.
- This position offers a better work-life balance, respect, and decent income.
- Ayurvedic clinics can be established to provide one-on-one care for patients with health issues.
- Ayurveda is becoming more and more popular, therefore this career path could be rewarding.
- Numerous Ayurveda ashrams in India treat both locals and visitors from various parts of the country.
- For BAMS graduates, joining ashrams like Ayurveda Acharya may be an alternative career path.
- Master’s Degree: To further one’s educational qualification, one may enrol in an MBA programme, a master’s in public health programme, or an M.D. course in Ayurveda. Obtaining a master’s degree may open up work prospects with higher compensation and status. Further, one can also go fo research or pursue a PhD or fellowship program in Ayurveda.
Top employers of BAMS graduates include Patanjali Ayurvedic Limited, Surya Herbal Limited, Himalaya Wellness, and Dabur India Limited.
BMJ Ayurvedic Medical College Rankings and Achievements
Rankings show what the college has accomplished thus far. Students feel more confident knowing they are enrolling on the best college after reflecting on the college’s rankings and achievements. One of the best Ayurvedic institutes, Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Ayurvedic Medical College, Gadag has contributed to the preservation of Ayurvedic education so far.
BMJ Ayurvedic Medical College has always worked to deliver the best Ayurvedic education to students with moral and social values to increase the number of Ayurveda acharyas who can offer health services to the general public.
- Students from the college have secured gold medals in the BAMS course and have settled in good positions in the field of Ayurveda.
- The college is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Being approved by the Ministry of Ayush and Central Council of Indian Medicine shares light on the quality education and cutting-edge equipment facilities that the institution harbours.
We provide reliable information on the Ayurvedic colleges’ rankings and contributions in the country which would help you to choose the best Ayurvedic college. So, to acquire all the needed information on the college’s ranking and alumni contact our well-informed team that can provide you with all the required data.
BMJ Ayurvedic Medical College Reviews
- The library is considered to be a temple of knowledge by our ancestors as it harbours books that enhance both the knowledge and understanding of life. Hence, every college across the world ensures to maintain a library so that students are provided with an opportunity to go through various reference books.
- Along the same lines, BMJ Ayurvedic Medical College also has a well-established library facility, which allows students to visit it to increase their knowledge base.
- The library is stacked with more than 12,000 books that are related to various ayurvedic subjects.
- Students are required to maintain a silent environment in the library as it facilitates better concentration and grasping of the reading context.
- Ayurveda essentially is the science that deals with drug formulations made out of plant juices to cure sickness and promote health. So, it is necessary for every Ayurvedic college in the country to maintain a herbal garden.
- The college has a massive herbal garden which spreads across 3 acres of land.
- Students often visit herbal gardens to get demonstrations on various medicinal plant species and learn about their characteristics and uses.
- This helps them to acquire an in-depth understanding of how to recognize a suitable medicinal plant to cure a particular disease.
- Students find this herbal garden trips exciting.
- The college has a separate hostel facility on its campus for boys and girls. The hostels are well-maintained by the hostel staff.
- The security and surveillance of the hostel premises are ensured by the wardens, Students are given spacious rooms with proper ventilation.
- Other amenities like a cot, fan, lights, washroom, and water facility are provided to the students.
- A mess facility is provided to the hostel students while they are on campus. Hygienic and nutritious food is served three times a day.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served unlimited to the students at fixed timings.
- Students should ensure to reach a mess for their meals in these fixed timings. The mess halls are spacious and accommodating.
- Sports change the outlook of students towards life and problems. They help them to accept failures and inculcate team spirit in them. Hence, sports are encouraged by the college.
- The students are provided with both indoor and outdoor gaming options by the college.
- Students actively play these games daily to improve physical stamina and mental stress. Sports help students to diversify their interests and maintain their sanity on campus.
- The college has a 120 bedded fully equipped hospital that offers facilities like ECG, scanning, X-ray, labour room, and an operation theatre.
- The students attend the clinical sessions in the college and acquire practical training in the fields of Panchakarma, Ksharasutra, etc.
- The college also conducts Swarna Prasanna camps for young children.
College Contact Details
Address: Gajendragad, Ron, Gadag, NH-367, Gadag Gajendragad Hanumasagara Road, Gadag, Gadag, Karnataka
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Number: 08381 263242.
Getting enrolled on a bachelor’s degree after the 12th standard is a daunting task for students and parents. The anxiety of getting a merit rank to secure a seat in the desired college may increase the stress levels of students. Students and parents should consider various aspects of a college before joining it to ensure that the students get all the facilities and opportunities while studying at the college. A few college requirements that have to be looked for are college premises, connectivity, geographical location, college faculty, fee structure, amenities provided by the college, security system of the college, etc. After considering all these factors one can opt for a college to pursue the desired course.
We have an understanding of this tedious process and help you with the admission process into your desired Ayurvedic college. We also give comprehensive details on the Ayurvedic courses, placement opportunities, and fee structures of the courses provided by the colleges at a given time. We provide accurate information that aids students in selecting a better college for their studies. So, if you’re still eager to learn more, please get in touch as soon as you can.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a Hostel Facility at BMJAMC?
At BMJAMC, there is a separate hostel for boys and girls. The hostels are well-ventilated and well-equipped.
2. Does the college have a herbal garden?
Yes, the college has a huge herbal garden area sprawling across 3-acres on the campus.
3. Is there a library facility at BMJAMC?
Yes, the library at BMJAMC is a spacious hall with 12000 book volumes.
4. What is the duration of the B.A.M.S course?
The BAMS programme lasts five and a half years, including a one-year internship.
5. How many seats are offered in the master's programme in Ayurveda at BMJAMC?
20 seats are available under the master's programme at BMJAMC in various departments.
6. How is campus life at BMJAMC?
There are all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay on campus, and campus life is safe and secure.
7. How many seats are available for the BAMS programme at BMJAMC?
50 seats are available for the B.A.M.S programme at Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Ayurvedic Medical College, Gadag.
8. Is there a postgraduate course at BMJAMC?
Yes, there is a postgraduate programme at BMJAMC, Gadag.
Want to have a look at another Ayurveda college? Click and follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Small Ask:
We hope you have gone through the college specifications and found our information valuable and reliable. But, if you are someone who has graduated from or attended courses at Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Ayurvedic Medical College, Gadag, please comment below on your experience at the college. It might give a clear insight into the college aspects to many who are considering joining the college. So, don’t forget to comment below!