Hello, readers! For readers who have only recently come across my articles, we post regular blogs on various colleges es and with it, comes everything that you need to know about their admission process. So, if you are someone who is on the lookout to find the best dental colleges in the country, let me assure you that you have landed on the right page. Today, we bring you yet another college that has been filling up on our discussion more often than not. It is none other than Desh Bhagat Dental College Mandi (DB Dental College).
Table of Contents
- Desh Bhagat Dental College Overview
- DB Dental College Admission Process
- DB Dental College Courses And Departments
- Desh Bhagat Dental College Fees Structure
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Ranking & Awards
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Desh Bhagat Dental College Overview
The institution is a part of the Desh Bhagat University which derives its spirit of foundation from Sr. Lal Singh Ji who was an eminent freedom fighter. His services towards the freedom of India fetched him “Tamra Patra” by the government of India.
- Established in the year 2000, the institution, Desh Bhagat Dental College & Hospital (DBDC) is considered to be one of the finest dental institutions in the region, providing students meaningful education in the field of dentistry.
- The students are provided with an unmatched learning environment by imparting quality education and the best possible exposure to make them highly successful professionals.
- With a yearly intake of 100 students for their BDS course, they hold the honour of providing 4 speciality departments in their post-graduation programme, M.D.S.
|Name||DB Dental College & Hospital|
|Address||Mandi Gobindgarh, District Fatehgarh Sahib|
|Principal||Dr Sunil Malhan|
|Affiliated To||Desh Bhagat University (DBU), Mandi Gobindgarh, Punjab|
|Approved By||Dental Council of India|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
The college is working towards emerging as a premier dental institute in building world-class oral and general healthcare standards by facilitating the students of dental sciences at the grassroots level. This will be powered by providing an adequate culture of the learning process that will be apt for the betterment of society.
The college aims to promote a mission that facilitates the following:
- Establishing holistic and unique work culture in alleviating patients’ oral sufferings.
- Bestowing exceptional and effective oral health care survives.
- Powering through a paradigm shift in the community regarding oral hygiene through proper cognizance.
- Fostering global skills by inculcating value systems among learners.
Desh Bhagat Dental College & Hospital, Mandi Gobindgarh has programme educational objectives which are as follows:
- To enable graduates to acquire and recognize the scientific principles needed for the provision of high-standard oral health care and follow rules and regulations that govern the dental profession.
- Critical thinking and taking a liking to research opportunities with course-specific creativity are some educational objectives in addition to practising evidence-based dentistry in the provision of high-standard oral health care.
- To provide students with strong foundational concepts and advanced techniques so that they can practice dentistry with exceptionally high regard for work ethics and display a promising degree of professionalism in dental research.
- According to a Desh Bhagat Dental College review, the college has excellent infrastructure. the multi-storied college building has an Administrator Block and a well-equipped auditorium
- 4 Lecture Hall with Audio Visual Aids provided.
- 2 Operation theatre with the latest equipment at all preclinical medical and dental departments. with well-equipped laboratories as per the requirement of the Dental Council of India.
Why Choose DB Dental College & Hospital?
With the mission of acting as a primary care provider for individuals and groups of patients, DBDC understands the need of providing the students with strong foundational concepts and advanced techniques to practice dentistry with a professional attitude that speaks volumes about abiding ethics and generating enthusiasm toward dental research.
The faculty at the college are professionals with the sheer determination of imparting to students with the highest knowledge and counselling them in times of need. They are highly qualified and experienced individuals committed to their profession. They have more than 194 papers published to their names.
The college has a central and departmental library that contains books over 10,000 in number with a subscription to various National and International dental journals with a huge database of e-journals. It has a spacious reading room that can accommodate 100 students at a time with a different journal and staff reading room.
DS Dental College has separate hostels for boys and girls with the capacity of 130 and 300 students respectively. Basic amenities like the availability of hot water in winter months, mess, T.V., and indoor games are present.
- Latest Equipment
The college believes in imparting knowledge to its students infused with modern technology. It is equipped with a comprehensive range of instruments and advanced materials to fulfil the requirements of all contemporary treatment procedures. Audio-visual aids are used for classroom teaching.
DB Dental College Admission Process
Being a constituent of the Desh Bhagat University, DBDC’s admissions schedule depends on the notifications produced by the University.
Courses Provided by The College
|B.D.S. (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)||5 Years||100|
|M.D.S. (Master of Dental Surgery)||3 Years||9 (Combined in 4 specialities)|
Eligibility for BDS
- Must have passed class XII with a minimum of 50% marks with PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology).
- For seeking to take admission into colleges offering the BDS programme, one must score at least 50 percentile (unreserved category) in the NEET examination which is the minimum qualifying mark.
Documents Required for BDS Admission
The documents required to be produced at the time of admission are as follows:
- NEET Hall Ticket.
- Community/Caste Certificate.
- 10th Marksheet.
- 12th Marksheet.
- Aadhar Card.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Copies of Passport and Stamp Size Photos.
Eligibility for MDS Program
- Must possess a Bachelors of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree from a recognized university.
- Must have completed 12 months of compulsory rotatory internship/practical training at a recognized and approved dental college by March 31, 2022.
- Must have passed the NEET-MDS examination with minimum qualifying marks.
Documents Required for MDS Admission
- 10th and 12th Marksheet.
- Community/Caste Certificate.
- NEET MDS Admit Card.
- BDS Marksheet.
- Permanent/Provisional Registration Certificate issued by Dental Council of India/State Dental Council.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Copies of Passport and Stamp Size Photos.
- Transfer/Leaving Certificate.
- Attempt Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate.
Admission Requirements for PhD. Program
Since PhD programmes are highly specific academic lines, not much information is available pertaining to the admission procedure and requirements. If you are interested in knowing about the PhD programme, feel free to contact us or talk to the administration.
DB Dental College Courses And Departments
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
BDS is an undergraduate course of 5 years with 1 year of compulsory training. It is fused with theoretical and practical modules and under the norms and standards set by DCI which prepares the students as dental practitioners. The college has amalgamated pre-clinical & clinical practice and rigorous dentistry into its curriculum with various theoretical and practical subjects divided into pre-clinical and clinical categories.
|General Anatomy (A combined discipline of Histology, Osteology and Embryology)||It is to enlighten the student on the functional anatomy of the various body parts in normal conditions such as the head and neck.
This with the associated bony structures, and other soft tissue structures such as the blood vessels, nerves, muscles, glands, etc. will also be addressed in the classroom and practical sessions.
|General Human Physiology & Biochemistry||It is to provide a comprehensive knowledge of the normal physiological and biochemical functions of different organ systems, tissues, and cells of the body.|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology & Oral Histology||What this course entails is an interesting mix of various disciplines such as morphology, normal functioning and structural knowledge of various oral tissues, their normal development versus development in pathological/non-pathological states.
The coursework requires a dental student to understand the histologic as well as the physiologic basis of the ageing progression of teeth and adjoining muscle tissues.
|General Pathology & Microbiology||To make the student understand the pathological and microbial basis of disease processes which will result in morphological and functional alterations in cells, tissues, and organs.|
|General & Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||To make the students understand the rationale and scientific basis of drugs and therapeutics pertinent to dentistry as well as other diseases and conditions which may have dental implications and interactions.
The pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of essential and commonly used drugs in general and in dentistry.
|Dental Materials||Different type of dental materials used in the treatment along with continued research has led to new material systems. The vast knowledge will help the student to practice dentistry with the utmost skills.|
|Pre-clinical Conservative||This will aid the dental undergraduate student to understand the basic principles of tooth preparation as well as its accompanying restorative materials. The practical sessions will encompass the treatment skills that the student needs to emulate for tooth restoration.|
|Pre-clinical Prosthodontics||This subject will aid the dental undergraduate student to understand the basic principles of prosthetics and rehabilitation for partially and completely edentulous patients.
It also helps to acquire knowledge of different instruments and different materials to be used for the same.
|General Medicine||It is a medical speciality dealing with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of adult diseases. Diagnosing oral health conditions is one of the skills that is the desirable outcome of this course.|
|General Surgery||The undergraduate students will be able to understand the basic principles of surgery, healing, and other surgical guidelines.|
|Oral Pathology & Oral Microbiology||Oral pathology is that part of pathology and a branch of dentistry concerned with understanding the causality and symptoms of oral conditions and diseases. This helps fairly in the diagnostic abilities of the students to provide a detailed treatment plan for the patients.|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||This branch of dentistry allows the students to gain fundamental knowledge about the normal functioning of oral health, necessary prerequisites of the morphology in normal conditions, and much more.|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||This branch is concerned with the conservation of teeth in the mouth. Students must be able to imbibe the necessary skill of operative dentistry that can include restorative techniques that range from indirect to direct types.|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||It is a branch of dentistry responsible for teaching future dentists the technicalities concerning the diagnosis of pathological conditions and other oral concerns in the maxillofacial region of the mouth.|
|Paediatric & Preventive Dentistry||From diagnosing and treating infants from infancy to adolescence, dental students gain a broad knowledge base of treatments that underlines preventive, restorative, and prophylactic aspects during the practical sessions.|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||This branch of dentistry is comparatively general since it doesn’t focus on one particular aspect of oral health.
With the acquired knowledge concerning the clinical and pathological nature of oral health conditions, students can use those principles to hone their research skills and find knowledge gaps through critical thinking.
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics||As far as developmental studies in the field of dentistry are concerned, this department allows the students to create an elaborate understanding of the various developmental and positional issues that affect the aesthetics of a normal face.
While the corrective measures are being taught to the students, the restorative results highly elevate the mental well-being of the patients.
|Public Health Dentistry||Public Health Dentistry is a branch of dentistry that analyses statistical records to better equip the community with required treatment and technologies.
They engage with the community by holding awareness camps that look to disseminate knowledge and the importance of sanitisation to maintain good oral health for all members of society.
|Periodontology||Be it dental implants or understanding the scope of various oral diseases, it is this department that is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of oral health issues.|
Fifth-Year for Internship
One year of paid compulsory rotatory training in which the students will be posted in all dental specialized departments and will be exposed to all the treatment protocols.
MDS (Master of Dental Surgery)
MDS is a 3-year post-graduate programme. The college provides 4 specialised departments with varying intake capacities in each department.
|MDS in Periodontics||Periodontics is the branch of dentistry that deals with diseases related to tooth-supporting parts or structures. Additionally, what this involves is elaborate coursework that deals with various dental conditions and the associated treatments concerning the areas of gum and its ligament and alveolar bone.|
|MDS in Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics is a branch that entails a detailed understanding of oral diseases, and the procedures to treat an injured or broken tooth.
the restorative techniques can either have direct or indirect methodologies to treat the broken tooth to normalcy. some of the common conditions that patients have are discolouration, dental trauma and malfunction, and unaesthetic structure of the teeth structure.
|MDS in Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics||The coursework in this line of speciality includes students perfecting the art of restorative measures undertaken to help restore the aesthetics of normal teeth structure.|
|MDS in Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||Students pursuing a dental speciality in the field of Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge is concerned with rehabilitation measures through various techniques. some of the techniques taught in this department are silver amalgam restorations and root canal therapy.|
Desh Bhagat Dental College Fees Structure
|Programme||Fees/ Year (INR)|
|BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)||–|
|MDS (Master of Dental Surgery)||–|
Desh Bhagat University supports its students by availing financial assistance for pursuing their education to encourage them to take up higher education irrespective of their financial status. They provide loan facilities and supportive loan assistance to students at the time of admission for which they have a tie-up with Indian Overseas Bank.
They have sufficient scholarship assistance for deserving candidates so that the financial gap doesn’t become an issue in their aspiration to study further. Since tuition fees are most likely to change every few years, the college doesn’t let out information regarding the same in advance.
So, for more details on fee structure on specific programmes offered by DB Dental College and Hospital, you may head over to the campus to talk to the administration or may reach out to us for your queries to be solved.
Placements & Career Opportunities
- Practitioners in the Field of Dentistry
The college since its inception in the year 2000 has been going strong and proudly being dubbed as one of the finest dental institutions in the region. To date, it has produced professionals in the field of dentistry with exceptional zeal and passion to serve back to society by providing healthcare services.
- Internship Placements by the College Administration
BDS students have to undergo one year of compulsory rotatory internship, only after which they are provided with a BDS degree. Since the college has its hospital, the college has a record of 100% placement record for the students’ mandatory one-year internship programme.
- Placements Abroad
With the degree of BDS and MDS in hand, one can pursue their dream goal of ending up with job opportunities in other countries. Since the possibility of financial fulfilment is quite high when you are placed abroad, dentists lead a fairly decent life.
- Academic Placements (Research Scholarship/Lecturer)
Interested candidates can pursue MDS or Masters in Public Health after the completion of their BDS degree and can go for dental cosmetology, or can start their clinic. One can even go for research and become a lecturer. The scope is endless.
- Top Recruiters
Every year the students get placed by top healthcare firms and pharmaceutical companies such as Apollo Hospitals, Colgate, Fortis Healthcare, etc.
Ranking & Awards
Desh Bhagat Dental College is hailed to be one of the top dental colleges in the country. The college is a distinguished institution that has been successful in receiving government approval from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for both its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the field of dental sciences. This inevitably hints at the excellent infrastructure as well as facilities that the college provides in curating the best form of a learning experience for its students and faculty members.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
Desh Bhagat Dental College & Hospital, Mandi Gobindgarh has risen to prominence in the state of Punjab by providing top-notch facilities to students interested in Dentistry. Following its mission of providing quality & low-cost dental care to patients, it fulfils its vision through the students who are made capable of providing services to the society with its full capability. Let us look at some of the college’s distinguishing facilities which make this college at par with the Best BDS Schools in India.
- The institution does not fall short of providing students with theoretical and practical knowledge. It is equipped with a comprehensive range of equipment, instruments, and advanced materials fulfilling the requirements of all contemporary treatment procedures.
- The latest equipment brought in by the college administration includes surgical lasers, simulation software, dental chairs, implant tools, and much more.
Great Learning Atmosphere
- Classroom teaching is blended with micro-teaching with the usage of audio-visual aids.
- Under the supervision of senior-most students and faculty members, the newcomers to the BDS programme get first-hand experience in patient care.
- The students are taught to use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis, interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- The Desh Bhagat Dental College faculty at DBDC are experienced and well-qualified professionals who strive to provide the highest level of dentistry in a convenient atmosphere that is warm, friendly, and relaxed.
- Their expertise is a testament to the fact that all the teaching faculty members combined at the college have published 194 papers until now in various national/international journals.
- The college’s library boasts more than 10,000 books in the central and departmental libraries and has subscriptions to numerous national and international journals and also has a huge database of e-journals.
- Internships are an integral part of Dental studies. The college administration runs a hospital under the same name and banner wherein students can choose to complete their compulsory one-year rotary internship program.
- Separate hostels are provided for girls and boys with an intake capacity of 300 and 130 students respectively.
- Facilities like a mess, T.V, indoor games, and hot water are available in winter.
- Provisions for accommodating more students are in the process which is estimated to be finished in some time.
In the wake of the admission process, we understand that you are on the lookout for a college that suits your academic needs and allows you to thrive academically. We are here as your constant guide to support you in times of confusion and to give unbiased information on various colleges. Feel free to contact us for your queries to be solved.
College Contact Details
Address: Off to NH1, Mandi Gobindgarh, District Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab- 147301 India.
- Phone: +91-8283811111 , +91-8283833333.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What courses does Desh Bhagat Dental College & Hospital Mandi Gobindgarh provide?
In DB Dental College, BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery), MDS (Masters of Dental Surgery), and PhD. are provided.
2. What is the intake of students in the BDS programme?
The intake is 100 students for the BDS programme.
3. Does the college provides a hostel facility?
Yes, the college has a hostel facility for boys and girls.
4. What is the intake capacity of students in the hostel?
The intake capacity for girls and boys in the hostel is 300 and 130 respectively.
5. What is the duration of the UG programme?
The duration of the UG programme is 5 years, which is inclusive of 1-year compulsory training.
6. What is the duration of the PG programme?
The duration of the UG programme is 3 years.
7. How many specialities are there in the PG programme?
There are a total of 4 specialities in the PG programme.
8. Can I take up the course online?
No, there is no such facility as of now. All courses are full time and you need to attend the classes, once you enrol in the course
You can also check the link below if you are looking for other dental colleges:
Take a Moment:
I have one small request to make to you. All you need to do is put up a review in the comment section below about Desh Bhagat Dental College if you are a graduate or a student of the college. You can tell about the college education and campus life. This can significantly assist the potential dental aspirants.