Ayurveda means ‘the science of life’ in Sanskrit. It is one of the oldest medicinal approaches which roots itself in the Vedic times. It cures your body with natural herbs and a healthy diet. The beauty of Ayurveda is that it believes that any disease caused in the body is due to stress or imbalance and tries to cure your body by self-healing. Nowadays, these methods are acknowledged by many people worldwide. Even the World Health Organization is promoting Ayurveda, which is why the knowledge of Ayurveda is giving opportunities for many aspiring students. Dhanvantari Ayurvedic College Siddapur is one of the colleges which provides students with such opportunities.
Table of Contents
- Dhanvantari Ayurveda College Overview
- Admission at Dhanvantari College
- Course Offered
- Dhanvantari Ayurveda College Fees
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Rankings and Rewards
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Dhanvantari Ayurveda College Overview
Dhanvantari Ayurvedic College Siddapur was established in the year 1998, aiming to provide its students with the Science of Ayurveda so that they can help people for a healthy life. This college is the only medical college in the entire district of Uttara Kannada, which makes it a preferable choice for someone located in Uttara Kannada. They provide a systematic approach to the ancient habitat of Ayurveda mixed with the modern science of medicine.
|Dhanvantari Ayurveda College
|Dhanvantari Ayurveda College Campus, Siddhapur – Sirsi Rd, Siddapur, Karnataka 581355
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka
|Dept of Ayush, New Delhi
|the Council of Indian Medicine
|Boys and Girls
The campus is located in the area of Western Ghats in Siddapura for the students to study and research medicine. The college is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore established in 1996 by the Government of Karnataka.
Vision and Mission:
Dhanvantari Ayurvedic College Siddapur aims to provide quality education of Ayurveda to its students so that they can grow in this field and cure people with natural ingredients and help them towards a healthy life.
- Huge Campus.
- Cultural Activities.
- Girls and Boys Hostel.
- Herbal Garden.
The Alumni Association help students to gain confidence in the college they are studying and to show them how they can shape their future with this college. The Alumni of Dhanvantari Ayurveda College have achieved and excelled in the field of Ayurveda.
Admission at Dhanvantari College
Dhanvantari Ayurvedic College Siddapur offers one graduation program which is an undergraduate course for medicine and surgery in Ayurveda. They prioritize providing quality education with complete knowledge in theory and practicals and also develop students with clinical skills to become better vaidyas. The college follows a certain pattern for admission which should be taken care of by the students to get admission in the college.
Step 1: Go to the college website to fill out the application form.
Step 2: You need to submit your application form with copies of your marks card and other certificates to the college’s office.
Step 3: Registration fees if taken, will not be refunded.
Step 4: Your admission will be based on your total marks obtained in the second year of Pre-University, NEET Rank, and your performance in the interview.
Step 5: You will be called for an interview along with your parents.
Step 6: If selected, you will be informed via post or a call and you will have to pay the fees within the given date, or else you will be put on the waiting list.
Eligibility for BAMS
- The candidate should have cleared two years of PU Education.
- The candidate should have Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English in their course program.
- The candidate should have an aggregate score of 50% in all the subjects.
- Candidates with a B S.c Degree from any other university with relevant Science subjects.
- The candidate should have an aggregate score of 50% in all the Science subjects.
- Out-of-state candidates should acquire eligibility certificates from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health and Sciences, Bangalore.
Documents Required for BAMS Admissions
- SSLC Marks card.
- PUC (10+2) Marks card.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate (out-of-state candidate).
- Eligibility Certificate (out-of-state candidate with B Sc degree).
- Medical Fitness Certificate from the Government.
- Color Photograph: Passport Size – 8, with Border Stamp Size – 8.
- Copy of NEET Marks Card.
Important dates for NEET 2022
|Application Registration Date
|April 6, 2022
|Application Form Submission Last Date
|May 20, 2022
|Admit Card Release Date
|July 12, 2022
|July 17, 2022
|August 16, 2022
Dhanvantari Ayurvedic College Siddapur majorly offers one undergraduate course for medicine and surgery. The college focuses on its core values to heal patients in the most natural way which is taught to students in the knowledge they are gaining.
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
BAMS is an undergraduate program that is designed to give students in-depth knowledge of the concepts of Ayurveda. It combines Ayurveda with the concepts of modern medicines as a part of the course curriculum. The duration of the course is 5 ½ years. Dhanvantari Ayurveda College had divided this course into four provisions.
|First Professional Course
|Second Professional Course
|Padartha Vigyan and Ayurveda Itihasa
|Rasashastra and Bahishajya Kalpana
|Roganidanavem vikrithi vigyan
|Third Professional Course
|Fourth Professional Course
|Agada Tantra Avem Vyavahara Ayurveda Vidhi Vaidyak
|Prasooti Tantra & Streeroga.
|Research Methodology & Medical Biostatistics
Scope of BAMS
- The Indian Government allows you to open your own Ayurvedic Clinic or Pharmacy.
- Jobs in top Ayurvedic companies.
- World Health Organizations promote to spread of Ayurveda.
- Career opportunities both in India and abroad.
- You can pursue Ph.D. or MD in Ayurveda.
- You transform yourself and your patients towards a healthy lifestyle.
- You are eligible to be called a doctor and can do their research and practice all over India.
- You can make a career in the manufacturing of Ayurveda medicines and cosmetics related to Ayurveda.
- You can also work as a health supervisor in various centers.
- You can do research and further studies as a Clinical Research Associate in different pharmaceutical companies.
Rules and Regulations
Ayurveda is an ancient study methodology and requires focus and discipline. Dhanvantari Ayurvedic College Siddapur respects and acknowledges the belief in discipline. Therefore, it has documented a set of rules which has to be followed by the students studying here.
The Rules and Regulations are:
- The prayer starts sharp at 9 am and you must attend the same.
- You have to be regular with their classes.
- You should always wear an apron inside the campus.
- You should not be late for classes and in any circumstance, you should have a valid reason to be late for classes.
- In the case of leave, an application regarding your leave should be submitted to the Principle and be granted by it.
- You will have to face consequences if you take leave without permission.
- You need to attend all the examinations and all the programs held in the college.
- Anti-ragging to be followed strictly.
- No groups to be formed outside the classrooms.
- Sillence to be maintained in the classrooms and library.
- You can arrange a meeting or a function only if the Principle permits.
- No mobile phones are allowed inside the campus.
- If you have any complaints, you can contact the concerned authority and it will be taken care of.
- You will be held responsible in case of any irregularity and you will have to pay a fine for the irregularity you have caused.
Dhanvantari Ayurveda College Fees
The detailed fee structure of the course offered by Dhanvantari Ayurvedic College Siddapur is
|Fees (per year)
|5 ½ years
Payment options: There are multiple ways to pay your fees for your course. You can pay cash or cheque or by demand draft in the college itself. You can also pay online via NEFT Transfer, or through UPI.
Scholarships: The Government is providing scholarships to students who want to study and are eligible for the B.A.M.S course. You can apply and get your scholarship from the government.
For more details, you can refer to their official website.
- The candidate should have scored a minimum of 60% in their 12th.
- The candidate’s family income should be between 0 – 5,00,000/-
Educational Loans: Getting into a medical career requires expensive fees to be paid which can be a problem for many students who want to pursue a career in it. But luckily, banks have come to the rescue for such students. You can easily apply for educational loans in any of the banks and they will help you out with the process.
Placements & Career Opportunities
When does a student really complete his studies? When he is placed in a recognized company or gets his dream job for which he had put all his efforts in his years of studying. For a student, his degree holds the most value when he can get the return of what he has invested in his studies and that can be his efforts, his time, his money, the stress, and the workload he spent his time in.
Placements are the most integral part for any student and even the college for that matter because when a student gets placed in a recognized company, it not only shows the brilliance of the student but also the college he has studied.
One of the most searched criteria in a student’s resume is the work experience he has had before getting placed for a job. Because every company wants its employee to at least have basic knowledge about how a job is done. That’s why all the colleges are emphasizing their students to apply for internships and get hand on experience in the field they want to get settled in.
When speaking of internships, a medical student must do an internship before applying for jobs because this field plays a major role in a person’s life. So the student should be trained under proper guidance in the real world. Most of the medical courses come with a one-year internship in the final year of the course.
Dhanvantari Ayurvedic College Siddapur offers its students with a one-year internship in the final year of its undergraduate program of B.A.M.S. (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery). After the internship and the completion of the course, the student is eligible to either work or go for higher studies in the same field.
Higher Studies after BAMS
- MBA in Health Care Management.
- MBA in Medicinal Marketing.
- PD in Panchakarma.
- PD in Emergency Medicine.
- Masters in Public Health.
- Masters of Surgery in Prasutintra and Shalakya Tantra.
- M Sc in Anatomy or Physiology or Microbiology.
- M Sc in Bio-Technology or Bio-Informatics.
Diploma Courses for BAMS Graduates
- Diploma in Ayurvedic Pharmacy.
- Diploma in Ayurveda Nursing and Pharmacy.
- Diploma in Panchakarma.
- Diploma in Herbal Manufacturing.
Career options for BAMS Graduates
- General Practice.
- Clinical Practice.
- Associate Professor or Assistant Professor.
- Research Specialist.
- Management Administration.
- Health Supervisor.
- Healthcare Administration.
- Drug Manufacturing.
- Ayurveda Consultation.
Rankings and Rewards
Awards are a token of appreciation for those who have achieved something with their excellence. The college always takes pride when someone from its own franchise achieves something and receives awards for the same. Dhanvantari has received awards from its faculty as well as its students.
Dr. Roopa Bhat, Principal, DACH
- She was awarded as Ms. Niveditha by Niveditha Women’s Club, Siddapura.
- Felicitated on Doctor’s Day by IMA, Siddapura
- Felicitated as Mata Anugraha on Kannada Rajotsava by Matru Vandana Samiti, Shri Bhuvaneshwari Temple, Siddapur.
Dr. Raghvendra. Y, Assistant Professor, DACH
- Karnataka Darshana Patrika Madyama awarded him “Arogya Ratna” for the year 2018.
- He was awarded the “Best Dissertation Award” for the year 2014-2015 by KLE University, Shri BMK Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Belgaum.
Dr. Srikanth Bhat, Lecturer, DACH
- He won a Gold Medal in the National level debate on Sanskrit held in Delhi in the year 1996.
- Dr. Soumyashree, PG student in the Department of Panchakarma, DACH wrote a paper on ‘My Contributory thoughts for taking Ayurveda Globally’ for which she received the “Best Paper Award” in the International Seminar On Globalisation of Ayurveda’ at Vivanta by Taj, Panjim, Goa in the year 2018.
- Kavya M Rao, UG student, DACH received ‘second place’ in the State Level Chess Tournament held at Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore.
- Kavya M Rao, UG student, DACH has represented RGUHS in South Zone Inter University Chess( Women) held at Vel Tech University, Chennai, Tamilnadu.
Research is a key to many unanswered questions. It helps you get out of your zone and gain more and more information on your question. Further, it helps people to get a better understanding when they read your research paper. Dhanvantari Ayurvedic College Siddapur is one of the colleges which promotes research and has built a research and development center for its students to develop their research. There are many publications done by the faculty of the college which are recognized by many researchers worldwide.
Few publications done by the faculty:
- Article on Diagnosis And Management of Madhumeha in Short by the principal of the college Dr. Roopa Bhat which was published in IMA (Ayush)-2012-13.
- “Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome (APLA Syndrome): A Case Report” by Dr. Raghvendra. Y, Assistant Professor was published in AYU (An International Quarterly Journal of Research in Ayurveda) in the year 2017.
- ‘Preparation and Characterization of TalakaRasayana’ in IJRAP: International Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy by Dr. Sripal L Hirekerur, Associate Professor in the year 2018.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
- The college has a huge campus with multiple facilities.
- Spacious classrooms with proper ventilation
- Classrooms equipped with advanced teaching methodology like audio-visual aids.
- The campus includes a hospital, research lab, and herbal green garden for the students to gain practical knowledge.
- Located near Jog Falls which accommodates plenty of Ayurvedic herbs and plants.
- Covers 40 acres of land with 1000s of herbs including a few endangered ones.
- Students can gain practical knowledge.
- Students can learn pharmaceutical processing with conventional and present-day appliances.
- Lab is furnished with advanced instruments of Panchakarma Lab.
- Panchakarma procedures taught by experts later can be experienced by the students under guidance.
- Students are skilled in Panchakarma.
- Role play classes are organized for students to be well-versed with patient interaction.
- Well maintained physiology lab as per CCIM guiding principle.
- Huge space for proper demonstration of experiments to students.
- Large quantity of equipment for students to experiment on.
- Projectors for better learning.
- The library is built as per CCIM and RGUMS along with a digital library.
- Massive space with sitting arrangements done for 100 students.
- 11000 books, 35 periodicals, and 6 daily newspapers with national and international journals for students to gain knowledge of the world outside too.
- Services like Newspaper clipping, book reservation, and bibliographic directory.
- Separate hostels for both boys and girls.
- Designed in such a way that the students feel at home.
- The food is hygienic and a healthy menu is followed for a better diet for students.
- The accommodation is given according to the availability in the hostel.
- Big outdoor ground for students to play their favorite sport.
- Athletics, cricket, volleyball, and other such outdoor sports are played and practiced.
- Indoor games are also available for the mental growth of students.
- Indoor facilities like table tennis, carom, chess, and other games are accommodated for students.
- Inter and Intra college competitions are conducted annually.
- Many students have won inter-college and inter-university competitions.
- Students with cultural talents are encouraged in many ways by the college.
- There is a cultural committee for such talents and to promote these talents.
- Competitions and activities are conducted by the committee throughout the year.
- The winners are honored and felicitated in the annual day celebration “Peeyusha”.
The hospital has an accommodation of 140 beds with a stimulated infrastructure to help patients and contribute to the struggling population of the country. The hospital has 2 wings named OPD and IPD.
OPD Wing: This wing is for patients who visit the hospital for general diseases and regular checkups. The patient can consult the general physician or that health specialist for his disease. Generally, it is a separate wing outside the hospital for outpatients. Dhanvantari hospital has two branches of the OPD wing which are working in different areas. Both male and female attendees are available for students as well as the public. Till date, this wing has treated about 50000 patients.
The OPD wing consists of:
- General Medicine (Kaya Chikitsa).
- Surgery (Shalya).
- OBG (Streeoga and Prasooti Tantra.
- Procedural treatment of Ayurveda (Panchakarma).
- Pediatrics (Koumarabrithya).
- Emergency (Atyayika Chikitsa).
- Preventive and Social Medicine (Swatharutta).
IPD Wing: The IPD Wing is for the patients who has been admitted in the hospital for any serious issue. The patient needs to be treated with proper care and attention. A patient needs to stay at least 24 hours in an IPD wing. Dhanvanatri Hospital has a separate Panchakarma Hospital to treat its patients.
IPD Wing consists of:
- Laboratory equipment like ECG, USG, X-Ray, etc.
- Lab Tests with all its equipment.
College Contact Details
Address: Dhanvantari Ayurveda College Campus, Siddapur – Sirsi Rd, Siddapur, Karnataka 581355
- Email Id: email@example.com.
- Contact No: 08389 295488.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When was Dhanvantari College established?
It was established in the year 1998.
2. Is Dhanvantari Ayurveda College affiliated and approved?
Yes, the college is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Karnataka and approved by the Ministry of Ayush.
3. Does Dhanvantari College provide internships?
Yes, the college offers internships in the final year of the course.
4. Is Dhanvantari College a government college?
No, the college is private.
5. Does Dhanvantari college provide hostel facilities?
Yes, the college has separate hostels for both boys and girls.
6. Where is Dhanvantari College located?
It is located in Siddhapur, North Kannada, Karnataka-581355.
7. What course does Dhanvantari College offer?
It offers an undergraduate course of B.A.M.S.
8. What is the duration of B.A.M.S?
The duration of the course is 5 ½ years.
9. Does Dhanvantari College teach modern medicine in its course?
The college offers Ayurveda combined with modern medicine as a part of its curriculum.
You can checkout another Ayurveda college by simply clicking the link below:
One Small Ask:
You can share your view and experiences about Dhanvantari Ayurvedic College Siddapur if you’ve an alumnus or a student pursuing a degree from the college. You can share about the education at college and campus life out there. This can significantly help the budding aspirants in their future careers.