Hi! If you are reading this, you are probably in the last year of your school life and wondering what’s next? Well, that’s a very normal response and that’s something which all of us have done. But if you are here, that means you like business or perhaps management or maybe you have that entrepreneurial spirit.
Well, whichever it is, a degree in business administration is always useful and can’t hurt. So, why not go for one of the premier institutions for this degree? This institution is none other than GITAM School of Business in Bangalore and today, we will learn more about this college and its offerings in our blog.
Table of Contents
- GITAM School of Business Bangalore Overview
- GITAM School of Business Bangalore Admission
- GITAM School of Business Bangalore Courses Offered
- GITAM School of Business Bangalore Fees
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Recognition
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
GITAM School of Business Bangalore Overview
The GITAM School of Business is a constituent of the Deemed to be Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) University. It was established in 1980 by eminent individuals and personalities led by Dr. M. V. V. S. Murthi, a former member of parliament and popular philanthropist. The Bangalore campus of GITAM was established in 2012.
|Name||GITAM School of Business|
|Address||NH 207, Nagadenehalli,Doddaballapur taluk, Bengaluru – 561203, Karnataka,India.|
|Affiliated To||GITAM (Deemed to be) University|
|Approved By||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Accreditation||National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
The vision of GITAM School of Business is to use the resources of transformative education, research, innovation and the spirit of entrepreneurship to be a world class institution for the field of business and be one of the best business schools globally.
The college has a mission of achieving excellence in academic design and delivery, pursuing research that adds value to scholars and businesses and to entrepreneurial and social duty to ensure a sustainable environmental and societal development and solutions to society’s challenges.
Why Study at GITAM School of Business?
The GITAM School of Business is one of the oldest and most prominent business school in our country. Here are a few reasons to consider studying here:
- Digital classrooms with furniture and amenities of international standards.
- Anti-ragging cell and CCTVs and security personnels to ensure student safety.
- Placement cell to train and prepare students for real world placements and work.
- Experienced faculty with years of industry and teaching experience.
GITAM School of Business Bangalore Admission
- Register on the college website.
- Verify mobile number and email id.
- Fill in details.
- Pay the application fees.
- Print your application.
- Sit for GITAM Assessment Test (GAT) for UG/ PG Level.
- You will receive an intimation regarding your admission in due course with the following process.
Eligibility Criteria for BBA Course
- Passed 12th or equivalent to it from a recognized board.
- Minimum 50% aggregate or equivalent marks in the qualifying exam.
- Have the qualified marks in Undergraduate GITAM Assessment Test (UGAT).
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Course
- Must have an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum 50% aggregate or equivalent marks in undergraduate degree course.
- Must have appeared and qualified Postgraduate GITAM Assessment Test (PG GAT).
Documents Required for Admission
Keep the scanned copy of the following documents at time of admission:
- Passport size photograph.
- 12th Marksheet.
- 10th Marksheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
GITAM School of Business Bangalore Courses Offered
Business Administration deals with the day to day operation of a business. It pertains to the managerial perspective of running an organization. It is a complete course that develops leadership skills, technical knowledge and sound techniques to create good managers that are capable of handling a variety of types and sizes of organizations.
The GITAM School of Business offers a few specialization in Business Administration, the details of which are given below:
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is a three-year undergraduate degree program whose primary objective is to develop a student’s intellectual ability, leadership personality, and management skills through a blend of business and general education. The program focuses on helping students understand and develop the unique leadership qualities necessary for successfully managing complex business functions.
The BBA program offers several specializations such as Human Resources, Marketing, and Finance. The program broadly covers the following topics across the years:
Principles of Management, Human Behavior and Ethics in the Workplace, Management Accounting, Banking and Insurance, Financial Accounting, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Quantitative Techniques.
In this college, the BBA program is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in business concepts and skills, as well as the ability to apply them in real-world situations. The coursework is designed to be practical, so that students can apply the knowledge and skills to their future careers.
- Scope – The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program is designed to help students learn about and perform various management responsibilities such as Marketing, Human Resource Management (HRM) and Finance. The curriculum is designed to improve students’ effective communication skills for professional business conduct, as well as to teach the importance of ethics in decision-making and the spirit of social responsibility. Additionally, students will learn to analyze and understand the applicability of different management principles in solving complex business problems.
Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Business Analytics
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Business Analytics at GITAM is a multidisciplinary program that aims to provide students with the analytical skills and methods needed to address societal and business issues. Through the curriculum, students will be able to describe issues, employ analytical methods and tools to find patterns, gain understanding, create business plans, and make better decisions.
Throughout the curriculum, students will receive input in managerial disciplines and a thorough knowledge of data science. The analytical mindset and methodology students will learn will enable them to creatively use analytics across various functional management areas.
The MBA (BA) curriculum is designed to teach students the principles of business and the technical and soft skills necessary to run a company successfully. Some of the subjects taught in this program include: Accounting, Finance, Marketing, International business relations, Human resources and Management. The MBA in Business Analytics is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in the field of business analytics and decision-making.
- Scope – Business analytics is widely used by organizations to understand data and make informed decisions based on market conditions. By tracking performance metrics and interpreting the outcomes with the help of analytics, organizations are able to make better business decisions. These tasks require graduates with the expertise to provide in-depth analysis and the training to understand these circumstances.
Business analytics is not just limited to the private sector, there is also a growing demand for business analysts in the government sector. Many government agencies rely on forecasts to guide decision-making. Companies in the public sector also employ data scientists, data analysts, data miners, and qualitative analysts to harness the power of analytics.
GITAM School of Business Bangalore Fees
The fees structure of courses at the college are:
|COURSE||1ST YEAR FEES||2ND YEAR FEES||3RD YEAR FEES|
|Bachelors in Business Administration (B.B.A.)||Rs. 1,26,000||Rs. 1,33,000||Rs. 1,39,000|
|Masters in Business Administration (M.B.A.)||Rs. 3,68,000||Rs. 3,87,000||–|
The college provides the following types of scholarships:
- Merit Scholarship – The students who have an excellent academic record can apply for a scholarship based on merit on a first-come first-serve basis. Only 25% of the total program sanctioned seats can receive scholarships. The criteria of marks must be fulfilled in a qualifying exam and the scholarship will only be applicable for the 1st year of the course. For availing the scholarship for the succeeding years, the student must maintain a CGPA of 8.0 or above.
- Sports Scholarship – Based on the sports facilities of the college, GITAM provides scholarships to students with an exceptional record in sports. The main aim of the scholarship is to provide quality education and a platform for talented athletes where they can receive both education and facilities to further their sports talent.
Placements and Scope
The placements at GITAM School of Business Bangalore can be categorized in two aspects:
- Career Guidance Centre (CGC) – The CGC is a place dedicated to collaborating, learning and training. Here the main aim is to impart practical knowledge in students and develop their skills and make them industry ready.
The CGC team works with a network of employers in the fields of Information Technology, Finance, Banking and more, giving opportunity and patronage to students to work with such multinational companies.
They prepare students for interviews, help with their resume and train them for working in reputed organizations. They also provide learning and various certification courses in partnership with Udemy and Coursera. They also have a 1200 seater auditorium with 2000+ terminal computer labs to host online exams as well as boardrooms and meeting rooms for recruiters to train and select prospective candidates.
- Entrepreneurship – The Venture Development Center (VDC) acts as an alternative for students who don’t wish to pursue traditional jobs but rather create their own business. The VDC acts as an auxiliary to CGC and provides training, investment, seed funding, incubation space and also helps connect students with potential contacts in relevant industries who can help guide the new entrepreneurs and grow their business to its full potential.
Some of the successful ventures out of VDC are Ethno, Astro Research Society, Go Easy, Spanni and many more.
Rankings and Recognition
The GITAM School of Business has many accolades such as:
- ‘A+’ Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- 12 (B) Status to the University by University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Ranked in top 150 in NIRF 2022 Overall Rankings.
- Ranked 80th in QS India Rankings 2022.
- Ranked 160th in QS South Asia Rankings 2022.
- Ranked 501+ in THE Impact Rankings 2022.
- B.B.A. in Financial Markets in collaboration with the National Stock Exchange (NSE).
- They also have collaborative projects with the Elon University, University of Nebraska – OMAHA, The University of Melbourne and many more.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The GITAM School of Business Bangalore is located in the heart of the silicon valley of India, Bangalore. It is known as the IT hub of India and it is the best place to look for opportunities in the field of design and arts. It is home to thousands of Multinational Companies like Microsoft, Google, Dell, etc. It provides a diverse and rich environment for a student to learn, grow and excel in his field.
The facilities offered by the institute on campus are:
The college has state of the art digital classrooms that are technology enabled and are of global standards.
The college has various clubs engaged in various extra-curricular activities such as:
- Perspective Art Team.
- GITAM University Science and Activity Centre (GUSAC).
- Kalakriti Club.
- Speaking Club.
- G-Studio Bengaluru.
The college promotes sports and has various sporting facilities for outdoor sports such as football, basketball, volleyball, cricket, shuttle court and more as well as indoor sports such as chess, table tennis, etc.
The college has a cafeteria that serves quality and delicious food at all times to hungry students, at reasonable prices.
The college has hostels for both boys and girls and comes with sharing rooms, clean washrooms, common room for students to relax, dining hall and games room for students to play and enjoy. It also comes with WIFI and daily cleaning services.
The college has dedicated college buses that goes from campus to specific areas in Bangalore city and back. For a payment of a fee.
- Address – NH 207, Nagadenehalli, Doddaballapur taluk, Bengaluru – 561203, Karnataka, India.
If GITAM has resonated with something inside you and you think this is the right college for you, or maybe you are still confused, feel free to contact the Career Mudhra Team and learn more about the college and the further admission process.
Make sure to check out my detailed article on Oxbridge Business School Bangalore.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the college located?
The college is located at NH 207, Nagadenahalli, Doddaballapur taluk, Bengaluru - 561203, Karnataka, India.
2. Is GITAM Private or Government College?
It is a private college.
3. Does the college provide placement services?
Yes. The college has a placement cell named Career Guidance Center (CGC) that helps students train, prepare and help in placement.
4. Does the college provide hostel services?
Yes. The college has hostel facilities for both boys and girls.
5. Which University is the College Affiliated to?
The college is affiliated to the Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) Deemed to be University.
6. When was the College established?
The College was established in 2012.
7. How does the college rank?
The college ranks among top 150 as per NIRF 2022 Overall Rankings.
8. What is the duration of BBA Course?
The BBA courses have a 3 year duration.
A Small Request
It makes us immensely proud and happy that you like our posts and find them intriguing and helpful. If you are an aspirant, a student currently, or alumni of this very college, please leave a review expressing your views and experience. It will be really helpful for the upcoming designers and artists of our time.