Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore is an iconic institution that has been awarded the Centre of Excellence in Bangalore City. The Campus is a safe haven amidst the fast-paced environment, which creates the most enduring atmosphere to achieve academic excellence in Ayurveda. Independent Minds think independently to come out as strong, reflective, and responsible doctors for society. I will share more information about this premier institution.
Table of Contents
- Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore Overview
- Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore Admission
- Government Ayurvedic Medical College Courses Offered
- Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore Fee Structure
- Training and Scope
- Rankings and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore Overview
The College was established in 1967 and comes under RGUHS, Bangalore. It is approved and recognized by the Central Council of Indian Medicine and the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi. The programs offered are BAMS, MD Ayurveda, and Ph.D. Ayurveda.
|Name||Government Ayurvedic Medical College|
|Address||Dhanavantri Road, Majestic, Bangalore-9 Karnataka|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Approved by||Central Council of Indian Medicine|
|Recognized by||Ministry of AYUSH|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
The vision of the college is to achieve significant progress as a Centre of Global Excellence in the field of Ayurvedic Education. To provide the students with adequate infrastructure facilities for doing research and development in the field of healthcare.
The mission of the institution is:
- To incorporate standard methods of education to help in understanding learning as well as implementing the ancient techniques of Ayurveda to address the present healthcare issues.
- Utilizing the hidden potentials to investigate and establish the principles of Ayurveda systematically.
- Delivering quality healthcare professionals who are knowledgeable in academics as well as research.
Why study at Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore?
Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore is one of the oldest Ayurvedic institutions in Bangalore. In 1967, the Bachelor in the System of Ayurvedic Medicine BSAM Course was started with an intake of 30 students. BSAM Course became BAMS in 1977. A few reasons to pursue the BAMS Course here are:
- The College has been awarded with the Centre of Excellence in Bangalore City.
- Its lush green campus provides a conducive atmosphere in order to pursue academics.
- Students are encouraged to think independently and come out as responsible physicians who are a benefit to society.
- Alumni of the college have gone on to become famous physicians in higher societal positions.
- Excellent infrastructure, experienced faculty members, updated course structure, and the support staff are strengths of the college.
- Students are given individual attention and mentorship according to their skills and strengths.
- Regular Seminars, Guest Lectures, conferences, and Workshops are organized to keep the aspirants updated with happenings in the field.
Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore Admission
The admissions procedure for various courses at GAMS, Bangalore, is as follows:
- Step 1: In order to pursue BAMS, you need to appear in the NEET examination. You are supposed to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Step 2: After you appear for the NEET examination, the results will be declared. You will receive your NEET Admit Card and Scorecard with the ranking.
- Step 3: You have participated in the Karnataka State Counseling for BAMS. You will have to register with the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)website or the concerned authority.
- Step 4: During the choice filling, you have to fill up your preferred colleges of BAMS in Bangalore or other locations in Karnataka.
- Step 5: Based on your NEET ranking and score, options filled, and seat availability, you will get a seat allotment in a BAMS College in Bangalore or anywhere in Karnataka.
- Step 6: Once the seat is allotted, you will be called by the college for the verification of documents. Make sure you carry your NEET Scorecard, 10th and 12th Class Marksheets, Identity Proof, and other documents.
- Step 7: After your documents are verified, you have to pay the admissions fees as per the fee structure of the college.
- Step 8: Finally, when you have finished the above formalities and fee payment, you can start attending the classes for BAMS.
Eligibility Criteria for BAMS
To get admission to BAMS, you need to fulfill the eligibility criteria:
- Aspirants must have passed PUC/12th Class/10+2 from a recognized institution.
- He/She must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the 12th Class.
- The admission process to the various courses is done through the NEET examination and on Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore cut-off scores of various categories.
Documents Required for BAMS
You must bring along the given documents along with the application form for the counseling process:
- 12th Class Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- 10th Class Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- NEET Admit Card and Scorecard.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- SC/ST/Caste Certificate.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Recent photos.
Eligibility Criteria for MD (Ayurveda)
The eligibility criteria for admission to MD Ayurveda are:
- Aspirants must have passed BAMS from a recognized College or University recognized by CCIM.
- He/ She should have completed 1 year of internship.
- Candidates must have scored at least 50% aggregate in the BAMS Course.
- Admissions are done through the NEET PG examination.
Documents Required for MD (Ayurveda)
Documents that you must bring during admissions to MD(Ayurveda) are:
- NEET PG Admit Card and Scorecard.
- BAMS Marksheet and Scorecard.
- Year Wise Mark Sheets for BAMS Course.
- Recent photos.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Recent Photos.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. Ayurveda
Eligibility Criteria for admissions to PhD Ayurveda are:
- Aspirants must have passed MD Ayurveda from a recognized University and approved by CCIM.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of at least 55% in the post-graduate degree. For the reserved category, a relaxation of 5% is given in the aggregate score.
Documents Required for Ph.D. Ayurveda
You must bring the following documents to get admission to PhD Ayurveda:
- Post Graduate MD Ayurveda Marksheet.
- Post Graduation Passing Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Recent Photos.
Government Ayurvedic Medical College Courses Offered
Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore offers undergraduate BAMS, postgraduate MD Ayurveda, and Doctoral PhD Ayurveda.
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery is a full-time UG Course for a span of 5 years and 6 months. The Course includes 4 years and 6 months of academics, followed by 1 year of internship. There are 60 seats for BAMS in the college. Students get acquainted with the techniques and methods used in Ayurvedic medicine. Both theoretical as well as practical aspects of Ayurveda and Surgery are taught during the course.
Some of the subjects covered in BAMS are:
- Siddhanta and Samhita.
- Sharira Rachana.
- Sharira Kriya.
- ShalyaTantra and so on.
MD Ayurveda is a postgraduate-level program that is spread over a 3-year duration. The Course deals with the study of broader areas of health as well as wellness. The subjects covered include the study of different types of surgeries, disorders in surgery, trauma, surgical emergency management, and so on.
PhD Ayurveda is the highest degree in the field of Ayurvedic Medicine. The Doctoral level course covers a duration of 3 to 5 years. It involves the study of the domain of traditional and ancient forms of treatments. The Course provides in-depth knowledge about Ayurveda and its uses.
Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore Fee Structure
The Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore fee structure for the different courses offered by the institution is given below:
- Government Ayurvedic Medical College Fees are based on the guidelines of CCIM, Ministry of AYUSH, as well as by the College Management. Food and Accommodation charges are charged on a yearly basis. The Institution assures to charge fees at reasonable rates to the students.
Training and Scope
The SJIIM Hospital is located within the GAMC, Bangalore Campus. It is a 225-bed hospital with modernized facilities and well-equipped OPD. The patient flow is around 250 to 300 per day. It also has an herbal garden, a source of the ayurvedic medicines that doctors use to treat patients. A specialized team of doctors, nurses, and hospital staff looks after the healthcare needs of people coming for treatments.
Government Ayurvedic Medical College is one of the oldest Ayurvedic Colleges in the State of Karnataka. Since its inception, it has generated a large number of healthcare professionals who are now in higher positions in top hospitals in the country. The Alumni Network plays a vital role in getting internships and placements for students.
Rankings and Affiliations
The Institution is one of the premier medical colleges in Bangalore. It comes under the RGUHS, Bangalore, and CCIM, New Delhi. The Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi, approves the undergraduate BAMS, postgraduate MD Ayurveda, and Doctoral PhD Ayurveda. It is known to have a top ranking because of the standard facilities, highly qualified teaching faculty along updated courses. Top organizations visit the campus for recruitment and offer the best packages to them.
On Campus Facilities Offered
Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore is situated on Dhanvantri Road in Majestic, Bangalore. Its lush, green, and landscaped campus is in the heart of Bangalore City. The place is the hub of some of the best Ayurvedic institutions in the country. Students across the world come to study in these colleges. Bangalore is well-connected to other states and countries.
The College assures students by providing a safe and secure environment. Lots of care is taken to make sure they feel comfortable on campus. Some of the facilities offered are:
The library is the knowledge hub for the college. It has an exhaustive collection of textbooks, reference books, journals, and magazines. Faculty Members and students have separate reading rooms. Computers within the library have an internet facility, which helps the students complete their projects and assignments.
The College Offers sports facilities within the campus. It has playgrounds for cricket, basketball, volleyball and tennis. Students are encouraged to participate in various state and national-level tournaments. Yoga and Recreation Centre is present in the hostels.
To look after the issues concerning the students residing on the campus, the college has created various grievance cells to address concerns on a daily basis. The College has formed various committees to look after the students’ well-being on campus. Some of the Cells are:
- Anti-Ragging Cell.
- Student Grievance Redressal Cell.
- Student Welfare Committee.
- Student Counselling Cell.
- Women Sexual Harassment Cell.
College Contact Details
- Address: Dhanavantri Road, Majestic, Bangalore-9 Karnataka.
- Distance From:
- Distance from Majestic Railway Station: 1.3 km.
- Distance from Majestic Bus Stop: 1.1 km.
- Distance from Kempegowda International Airport: 32.9 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore have a hostel facility?
Yes, Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore has a hostel facility.
2. How much is the BAMS Cut off for Government Ayurvedic Medical College?
BAMS Cut off for Open Category is 50 percentile and Reserved Category is 40 percentile for Government Ayurvedic Medical College.
3. What are the courses offered by the college?
Courses offered by the college are BAMS, MD Ayurveda and PhD Ayurveda.
4. How much time does it take to complete MD Ayurveda?
It takes 3 years to complete MD Ayurveda.
5. Is it necessary to complete an internship after BAMS?
Yes, it is compulsory to complete an internship after BAMS.
6. When was Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore established?
Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore was established in 1967.
7. How many seats are there for BAMS?
There are 60 seats for BAMS.
8. Do I need to register on KEA website for BAMS admissions?
Yes, you need to register on KEA website for BAMS admissions
A small ask
If you are a student currently studying or an esteemed alumni of the college, I would request you to kindly spare your precious time to post a review for us. Mention your views and comments in the box below. Let us know the strengths and weaknesses of the college. Your opinions matter the most as you will help someone in making a life-changing career decision. Thanks for your time!