In the healthcare landscape, the role of medical education is foremost in shaping the future of medicine and patient care. Individuals for whom the pursuit of medical knowledge is not merely a task but a passion that reverberates through their entire existence. If you think you are one of these individuals, GR Medical College Mangalore is the right place for you.
GR Medical College Mangalore is a beacon of knowledge and innovation, nurturing the next generation of medical professionals who are fated to make impactful contributions to society.
Let’s determine if this college will become your first step toward a promising medical career.
Table of Contents
GR Medical College Mangalore Overview
GR Medical College Mangalore was established in the year 2021. The college is made according to the National Medical Commission (NMC) guidelines that make it a high standard Medical college. But in the academic year 2023-24, the college is yet to get approval from NMC to admit MBBS students. It has a good reputation and is known for its state-of-the-art facilities that grant the students a great learning experience and help in the overall growth of their personality.
|Name||GR Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre|
|Address||G.R Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Neermarga, Mangaluru, Karnataka India – 575029.|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
- To make GR Medical College, Hospital, and Research Centre a world-renowned institute that provides world-class medical education and hospital health care.
- To develop doctors who are qualified, competent, and capable of research that benefits society globally.
- To provide health care that caters to the unique needs of each patient
- To impart high morals and ethics to the students and make them professionals who are compassionate and empathetic towards all their patients.
Why choose GR Medical College Mangalore?
The following are the reasons that make GR Medical College Mangalore a good choice:
- Faculty:- GR Medical College faculty are highly experienced and qualified and are capable of imparting knowledge to the students and making them worthy doctors who are an asset to society.
- Facilities and Infrastructure:- The college has various facilities within its campus that make its students carry out their college activities in a manner that is convenient for them. The college has all kinds of necessary infrastructures that provide immense value to the students.
- Departments:- The college has various departments separated into three categories. Each department has its function and specialization that helps students practice in their chosen field of expertise.
- Clinical Exposure:- The college also has a hospital allowing students to gain practical experience by treating different patients and improving their skills at the same time.
Colleges with good experience are always given priority over the newly established college. Check out my article on a College with 50+ of experience in medical education – JJM Medical College Davangere.
GR Medical College Mangalore Admission
The process can be divided into these steps:
- Entrance Examinations:- The college requires applicants to take national or state-level entrance exams. These exams assess your knowledge of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Application Form:- Fill out the application form for the college that consists of sections like personal information, education history, and scores obtained in the qualifying exam.
- Counseling/Interview:- During this process, the college may assess your academic background, extracurricular activities, and other achievements.
- Merit List and Admission Offer:- Based on the entrance exam scores, counseling, and interview results, the college will release a merit list. If you are selected, your name will be on the list, and later you’ll receive an admission offer letter from the college.
- Fee Payment:- After receiving the admission offer, you must pay the required fees within the stipulated time.
|Minimum Marks Required||
The following documents are required by the GR Medical College for admitting a student.
- 10th standard or equivalent mark sheet and certificate.
- 12th standard/PUC or equivalent mark sheet and certificate.
- Transfer certificate.
- Conduct certificate.
- Migration certificate.
- Entrance exam scorecard.
- Identity proof.
- Passport-size photographs.
- Category certificate.
- Domicile certificate.
- Medical fitness certificate.
- Payment receipts.
GR Medical College Course Offered
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery)
- Intake of students this year – 150
- Duration – 4 and a half years plus one year of internship
MBBS is an undergraduate program that every doctor must complete before starting clinical practice. During the MBBS program, students study various medical subjects, including anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, pathology, microbiology, and clinical subjects like internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry, and more.
The curriculum includes both theoretical knowledge and practical clinical training, which is usually conducted in hospitals and clinical settings. Upon completion of the MBBS program, graduates usually need to undergo further training and internships to gain hands-on experience in different medical specialties.
After completing these additional training periods, graduates become eligible to apply for medical licenses and practice medicine under the guidance and regulations of their respective medical boards or councils.
GR Medical College Mangalore Fee Structure
As said before, this year, GR Medical College is yet to get approval from NMC to admit MBBS students. Thus, the fee structure of the college is not updated from the last year. Still, in the table below, I will give you the last year’s fee structure of GR Medical College Mangalore:
|Govt Quota||Private Quota||Management Quota|
|INR 1,41,196/-||INR 10,92,602/-||INR 32,65,500/-|
Placement and Scope
Medical universities lack a systematic campus placement procedure, unlike conventional career placements in other areas.
Instead, graduates must pass licensure tests held by the relevant medical authorities of their countries after finishing the MBBS course and internship.
- Medical students must do a one-year rotating internship after finishing their academic coursework.
- They serve as interns in various hospital departments during this time, acquiring hands-on experience and attending to patients under supervision.
- This internship is essential because it gives them the experience and training they need to become qualified doctors.
- The MBBS program is challenging, requiring commitment, diligence, and a sincere love of medicine. The completion of this course opens up a variety of non-clinical and clinical job opportunities.
Once they get their medical license, they can work in various healthcare facilities, such as:
- Nursing homes or private clinics.
- Careers in teaching and research are pursued in medical colleges and universities.
- Pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors.
GR Medical College Mangalore is an NMC-recognized college that follows most NMC guidelines. It has quite a good reputation for producing medical professionals that have made significant contributions to the field of medical health care. The college is also known for its state-of-the-art facilities, which makes it a near-perfect learning environment.
There are plenty of facilities within the campus, from lecture halls to libraries, recreational facilities, to hostels. Let’s take a closer look at some of them:
- Library:- consists of 3000+ books and internet access to understand the subject better.
- Recreational facilities:- Playfields for outdoor games are available. Games like Volley ball, Foot Ball, Cricket, etc can be played on campus. Indoor gaming facilities, along with a gymnasium, are also available.
- Clinical Laboratories:- Different departments in the college have different laboratories, and each department has state-of-the-art equipment and facilities to keep the students aware of new medical developments.
- Other facilities:- Operation theatres, Labor rooms, and Radiology facilities are also available.
- Address: G.R Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Neermarga, Mangaluru, Karnataka, INDIA – 575029.
- Distance from:
- Airport: Mangalore Airport is 12.6 km.
- Railway station: Mangalore Junction is 7.3 km.
- Bus stand: Neermarga Bus Stop is 1.2 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Where is GR Medical College?
A: GR Medical College is in Neermarga, Mangaluru, Karnataka.
Q2: What course does GR Medical College offer?
A: GR Medical College offers MBBS program.
Q3: When was GR Medical College established?
A: The GR Medical College was established in 1996.
Q4: What is the minimum percentage required for admission into GR Medical College?
A: Aggregate marks in physics, chemistry, and biology should be at least 50%.
Q5: Does GR Medical College Mangalore provide practical clinical experience during the course?
A: The college has its own hospital that provides students with hands-on experience with patients to enhance their practical skills.
Q6: How far is the airport from GR Medical College Mangalore?
A: GR Medical College is 12.6 km from Mangalore airport.
Q7: Does GR Medical College has recreational facilities?
A: GR Medical College has both outdoor and indoor game facilities within the campus.
Q8: Which regulatory body recognizes GR Medical College?
A: National Medical Commission (NMC) recognizes GR Medical College.
Note to the reader
We really hope that you found the knowledge provided in this post to be both interesting and worthwhile.
We invite you to contribute your ideas and viewpoints in the space below. We find your questions to be insightful, and we’d be happy to have a serious conversation with you.
Thank you for your cooperation.