Good day to all! If you are here, you must be someone who is about to graduate high school and wants to pursue a medical degree. It is always advised to research colleges to check if they are a perfect fit for you. If you want more information to make the right choice, our certified staff of guidance experts will assist you at every level of the admissions process. The college that we will be detailing is JSS Ayurvedic Medical College Mysore. Make sure to read through till the end and make a list of all the things you want to know from us.
Table of Contents
- JSS Ayurvedic Medical College Mysore Overview
- JSS Ayurvedic Medical College Admissions
- JSS Ayurveda Medical College Mysore Courses
- JSS Ayurvedic College Mysore Fees
- JSS Ayurvedic College Mysore Placement
- JSS Ayurvedic College Mysore Rankings
- JSS Ayurvedic College Mysore Reviews
- JSS Ayurvedic Medical College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
JSS Ayurvedic Medical College Mysore Overview
|Name||JSS Ayurveda Medical College, Mysore|
|Address||41/E, Lalithadripura Road, Alanahalli|
|Website||JSS AYURVEDA MEDICAL College (jssayurvedacollege.org)|
|Principal||Dr Sarbeswar Kar|
|Approved By||Ministry of AYUSH and Central Council of Indian Medicine|
|Hostel||Separate hostel for boys and girls|
Ayurveda is an ancient field of health science in India that deals with treating diseases and maintaining a healthy life. In recent times, Ayurveda is finding its ground back in the field of medical science because of its ability to address the disease at the root level.
Also, with youngsters interested in learning ayurvedic principles like oil pulling in recent times, Ayurveda is gaining its long-lost significance. Ayurveda as a stream of education will provide many career opportunities to youngsters in recent times like nutritionists, health influencers etc.
- JSS Ayurvedic Medical College Mysore was established in 1996 to provide youngsters with an opportunity to study Ayurveda and its principles. The college aims to be the top institution in the world for professional training, research, and patient care in Ayurveda.
- The graduates from this college are highly talented and efficient. Many of them are placed in reputed institutions. And some went on to pursue higher studies.
- Approved by the Ministry of AYUSH and the Central Council of Indian Medicine, the college provides both an undergraduate and a postgraduate program. The selection is merit-based. The college strives for excellence in the field of Ayurvedic education with smart infrastructure, duty-driven faculty, and best management.
- The students are motivated to acquire great knowledge and skills in the field of Ayurveda. They are trained in clinical decision-making with the recently included program called Ayurveda Modelling and Simulation Games.
- JSS Ayurveda Medical College teaches Ayurveda in a distinctive and cutting-edge way. It aims to impart the right knowledge, right skills and right ethical values for a successful professional career, and the development of the appropriate attitude by the students.
- With experienced faculty, the college aims to develop the overall character of the student to that of a passionate and determined individual. The extracurricular activities make campus life a pleasant experience. The sports activity Centre at JSS Ayurvedic Medical College Mysore promotes sports and indoor games.
Vision: Making the country strong by educating and empowering female students is the vision of JSS Ayurveda Medical College. Dr Sarbeswar Kar, principal of the college and Vikas Nandy, assistant administrative officer of the college, work hard to achieve this vision.
Mission: The mission of JSS Ayurvedic Medical College is to give women access to affordable higher education, to make them aware of the challenges of the modern world and to empower women with the proper education to become self-sufficient.
Why Choose JSS Ayurveda Medical College Mysore?
Extra-ordinary Learning Methods
The college implements extraordinary learning methods which include theoretical classes, clinical case-based learning activities, development of soft skills, participation in seminars and presentations, etc. CME and internship opportunities are provided by the college for students to gain greater knowledge.
Research and Publications
Students are encouraged to work on research projects and publish their work. The faculty are in constant support of the students to come up with research ideas and protocols. The faculty themselves have many publications to their name.
Every year, the best firms visit the college campus to recruit students in their final year. Many students of this college have been selected to top companies in previous years. The students are trained in soft skills, mock interviews, and group discussions before they attend the interviews.
Career Management Centre
There is a dedicated Career Management Centre at JSS Ayurveda Medical College. The CMC hosts a variety of events, including guest lectures, pre-placement discussions, and workshops, that allow the students and the business community to engage.
The campus is equipped with the best infrastructure to enable students to learn efficiently. The herbal gardens are available for the real-time learning experience of medicinal plants. The laboratories are well equipped with instruments like microscopes, and mortar pestle among others.
The college faculty is well qualified to train students as the best Ayurvedarcharyas in the country. The dynamic and brilliant professors help the students to achieve their goals and dreams. With the best teaching methods, they are engrossed in inculcating the best moral values into the students.
JSS Ayurvedic Medical College Mysore strictly prohibits ragging in any form in and around the campus.
JSS Ayurvedic Medical College Admissions
BAMS Course Requirements
- Should possess a valid NEET rank.
- Qualify the interview process.
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S)||4.5 years of classroom program along with a 1-year internship.|
|M.D. (Doctor of Medicine- Ayurveda)||3 years|
Eligibility Criteria for BAMS
- The applicant must be at least 17 years old as of December 31 of the admissions year.
- Should have received at least a 50% pass percentage in the PCB category subjects to pass the PUC (12th Standard) in Science. Another alternative to this could be some other equivalent qualification acknowledged and conducted by the State Education Boards.
- Students are chosen based on their performance in the interview and their PUC rank.
Eligibility Criteria for MS/ MD
- A B.A.M.S. degree from a university approved by the central agency called the Central Council of Indian Medicine is required.
- A merit rank in AIAPGET.
- Merit in the BAMS-Ayurvedacharya program and grades in the relevant topic will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates should appear for an interview and the candidature will be confirmed based on the interview performance.
BAMS Admission Process
- Admission begins upon the release of PUC results.
- Students with a merit rank in NEET will be considered for admission.
- The eligible candidates should buy an application form of Rs. 1000/-
- Fill out the form and attach the required documents and submit it by hand or by post.
- The applications will then be reviewed and candidates will be shortlisted.
JSS Ayurveda Medical College Mysore’s cut-off marks for admission into the graduate course are not available on their official website. Contact us to let our experienced staff find information regarding the cut-off marks and documents required for you.
JSS Ayurveda Medical College Mysore Courses
JSS Ayurveda Medical College Mysore is an eminent Ayurvedic college in India. It provides the best infrastructure facilities for students to excel in their careers. This college not just provides academic excellence but also the all-round development of students.
Intake for Ayurveda Courses at JSS Ayurveda Medical College:
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)||100|
|MD (Doctor of Medicine – Ayurveda)||26|
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery is a five and half year course along with a 1-year internship. This course helps in gaining comprehensive knowledge of Ayurveda and its branches. This course is available at JSS Ayurvedic Medical College Mysore for both boys and girls who secured a desired rank in the NEET examination.
Departments of JSS Ayurveda Medical College Mysore:
|Agada Tantra Avum Vidhi Vigyan||This department will help students to become effective instructors, doctors, and researchers in the fields of toxicology, forensic medicine, and medical law. The Agada Tantra Department provides superior theory, clinical, and practical instruction and exposure to the students.|
|Kayachikitsa||The first and most significant of Ayurveda’s Ashtanga (eight branches) is Kayachikitsa. It mainly emphasises the treatment of illnesses that affect both the body and the mind. It is the only branch that has a strategy for treating multisystem illnesses in both young and old people.|
|Shareera Rachana||This branch deals with human anatomy. The department has established a “do and learn” philosophy that includes practical training in model preparation, embalming, plastination, anatomical paper art, and drawing, thus helping the students to become skilled surgeons.|
|Kriya Shareera||Panchamahabhuta, Rotas, Indriyas, Mala, Oja, Prakriti, Agni, Kriya-Kala, Triguna, Dosha, Dhatu, and Upadhatu are the topics dealt with under this department. The basic principles that are involved in the function of the body are clearly explained by using teaching methods such as theory, practice, and clinical classes.|
|Shalakya Tantra||Shalakya Tantra involves the science of oral & dental care, head care, and eye, ear, nose, and throat care. The department strives to bring excellence to students by conducting theory and practical classes. Students are encouraged to have a research mindset to succeed in the examination.|
|Kaumarabhritya||One of the eight branches of Ayurveda, Kaumarabhritya deals with the science of child health care. High-quality theory and practical classes are provided to students to excel in this department.|
|Prasooti Tantra and Stree Roga||The Ayurvedic branch that deals with the total care of women is Prasooti Tantra and StreetRoga. The Prasooti tantra includes the distinct ideas of preconception care, antenatal care, intra-natal care, postnatal care, and care of pregnancy and its treatment, as well as diseases during pregnancy, complications during labour, and postnatal abnormalities and their management. Streeroga deals with gynaecological illnesses.|
|Roganidana Avum Vikriti Vigyana||deals with the study of pathology and diseases. It delivers theoretical and practical classes to the students.|
|Ayurveda Samhitha and Siddhanta||Ayurveda Samhitha and Siddhanta deal with the diagnosis and therapy planning of illnesses. Students are provided with extraordinary classes on Ayurveda and its branches.|
Doctor of Medicine- Ayurveda (MD)
JSS Ayurvedic Medical College Mysore provides a post-graduation course in six departments. A total of 26 seats are available in these 6 departments for Ayurvedacharyas to pursue their higher education.
JSS Ayurvedic College Mysore Fees
The JSS Ayurvedic College Mysore fee structure for the course of Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S.) is not currently available on the official website. However, don’t worry since we are here to give you additional details. If you want to learn more about the college’s fee structure for graduation and post-graduation courses.
JSS Ayurvedic College Mysore Placement
B.A.M.S. graduates are the need of the hour because of the rising awareness and importance of traditional medicine in the modern population nationally and internationally. With many youngsters turning towards Ayurveda for its healing and preventive abilities, B.A.M.S. graduates see a rising significance for their role in the lifestyle industry.
Future options for a B.A.M.S. graduate include the following:
- Health Supervisor.
- Teaching faculty.
- Healthcare and Hospital Administration posts.
- General Practice as an Ayurvedacharya.
If you want information regarding the placement opportunities that the previous years’ students have enjoyed and taken advantage of, ensure that you reach out to us. We will conduct our research at the grassroots level to find the relevant information for you.
JSS Ayurvedic College Mysore Rankings
A high-ranking medical college like JSS is bound to have an excellent academic record. Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences is a prestigious institution that has many medical as well dental colleges under its wing. One such college is JSS Ayurveda Medical College, Mysore. According to the annual listings released by RGUHS, six JSS post-graduate students were able to get 22 ranks in their name across six specialties.
We are dedicated to providing our readers with factual information for Ayurvedic college and medical school applications. The majority of students use college rankings as one of the factors they consider before applying to any institution for better judgement. Therefore, as the JSS Ayurveda Medical College’s website does not disclose information about its rankings, if you require any information regarding the college’s national rankings, you can either contact their administration or us to get it directly from the source.
JSS Ayurvedic College Mysore Reviews
Some of the commonly discussed JSS Ayurvedic College Mysore Reviews among peers and visitors are:
- Library Services
JSS Ayurveda Medical College Mysore is known for its central library with an area of 6000 sq. ft. The library consists of more than 12,335 books, 24 journals, and 4000 reference books. The library at JSS Ayurveda Medical College is unique as it possesses some of the rarest books of Ayurveda. The library is Wi-Fi enabled and is under CCTV surveillance. It is accessible to the students from 8:00 A.M to 3:00 P.M.
There are special department libraries under the guidance of the HOD of the concerned department. The department library’s books are sourced from the main library. The latest book editions and journals are available at the department libraries for both students and staff.
- IT Facility
The college is IT equipped with Wi-Fi facilities, a digital library, audio-visual reading rooms and a discussion hall. With 24/7 internet availability, on-campus students can work on project presentations and seminars without any hindrance.
- Laboratory Facilities
A majority of learners at this college vouches for their lab facilities as they are excellent with all the required equipment in place for various experiments on all subjects. This helps the students to learn and apply various principles of Ayurveda in real-time.
The classrooms are provided with desks and chairs. The projectors help in audio-visualized classes. Students are encouraged to give seminars in the seminar halls. The guest faculty are invited to give seminars and interact with the students.
Specimens and samples are kept in museums for students to have a better understanding of the subject. Students are allowed to visit museums on campus and make notes of their findings.
- Herbal Garden
The JSS Ayurvedic Medical College Mysore is famous for its herbal garden with more than 300 species of medicinal plants. The knowledge of medicinal plants is essential for Ayurvedic studies and this herbal garden helps students to better understand the Ayurvedic subjects.
- Hostel Accommodation
Separate hostel accommodation is provided for both girls and boys. The hostel rooms are well furnished and cleanliness is maintained.
The college provides transportation facilities to the students. The college has a fleet of buses in good condition and makes travelling daily, easy and comfortable.
- Extracurricular activities
Sports and Yoga are encouraged on campus. Students participate in programs like annual fests, National Ayurveda day, Teacher’s day, Independence day etc.,
JSS Ayurvedic Medical College Contact Details
Address: # 41/ E, Lalithadripura Road, Mysuru, Karnataka 570028.
- Phone: 0821 254 8360.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many seats are available for the B.A.M.S. program at JSS Ayurveda Medical College?
100 seats are available for the B.A.M.S program at JSS Ayurveda Medical College.
2. Is there a postgraduate course at JSS Ayurveda Medical College?
Yes, there is a postgraduate program at JSS Ayurveda Medical College.
3. Is there a Hostel Facility at JSS Ayurveda Medical College?
A hostel facility is available for boys and girls separately at JSS Ayurveda Medical College.
4. Does JSS Ayurveda Medical College have a playground?
A vast playground is available on the campus for sports and other activities.
5. Is the library at JSS Ayurveda Medical College Wi-Fi enabled?
Yes, the library at JSS Ayurveda Medical College is Wi-Fi enabled.
6. What is the duration of the B.A.M.S course?
The B.A.M.S. is a five and half year course which includes a 1-year internship.
7. How many seats are available under the master's program at JSS Ayurveda Medical College?
26 seats are available under the master's program at JSS Ayurveda Medical College.
8. How is the campus life at JSS Ayurveda Medical College?
The campus life at JSS Ayurveda Medical College is pleasant with the right balance of academic and extracurricular activities.
If you are looking other BAMS colleges, you can follow my detailed post about other college in Bangalore:
Just a Moment:
Are you a graduate or a students pursuing degree from JSS Ayurvedic College Mysore? If yes, please do share your opinion in the comment box below about your experiences at the college. We’d love your review posted as it can help the potential BAMS aspirants in their educational careers.