If you are searching for good physiotherapy colleges in Bangalore to join for your higher studies, this will be useful to you. I am here to help you to know about the details of one of the good colleges in Karnataka. Welcome to a detailed description of Jupiter College of physiotherapy, Bangalore.
After going through this post you will know more about the college facilities, courses available, and other features of the college. I have given the information from genuine resources. I have collected this information about this college through friends, by contacting the college, and from other genuine sources. I have tried my best to help you know about the college so that it will be useful for you if you want to join this college.
Table of Contents
- Jupiter College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- Courses Offered
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents required
- Facilities Available at Jupiter College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Hostel Accommodation at Jupiter College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Hostel Mess Facility at Jupiter College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Experienced Faculties at Jupiter College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- State of Art Classrooms
- Conference Hall
- Outdoor Games and Recreation Facility
- Health center
- Department and Research
- Jupiter College of Physiotherapy Bangalore placements
- How to reach Jupiter College of Physiotherapy?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Jupiter College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
Jupiter College of Physiotherapy was established in the year 2004, by the Jupiter Group of Institutions. It is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences Institute (RGUHS). It is also recognized by the Karnataka Government, Karnataka Nursing Council (KNC), and Indian Nursing Council (INC), New Delhi.
The institute is spread across sprawling two acres of land near Neelamangala. It is a co-education college with excellent infrastructure facilities available during the stay on campus. The vision is to provide the highest quality of education and to produce highly qualified physiotherapists in the healthcare industry.
The college offers various programs for the overall development of the students. There is a team of highly qualified, experienced, and knowledgeable faculty members, who impart knowledge to the students during the duration of the course
Bachelors of Physiotherapy in Jupiter College of physiotherapy Bangalore
Jupiter College offers a graduate-level program, Bachelors of Physiotherapy (BPT), which is a course of four years duration along with six months of internship. Physiotherapy is a growing field that focuses on the movement of science and which helps people restore, maximize and maintain their physical function, strength, motion, and overall well-being by looking into the underlying issues.
Physiotherapy Treatment: What conditions do physiotherapists treat?
Physiotherapists are those medical professionals which provide treatments for:
- Preventing injuries and disability.
- Managing acute and chronic conditions.
- Help in improving and maintaining optimal physical performance.
- Rehabilitating injury and the effects on the disease or disability.
- Educating patients inform them regarding the recurrence of injury.
Physiotherapists also offer treatment for the following conditions:
- Cardiorespiratory: Helps in providing support, prevention, and rehabilitation of people suffering from diseases and injuries that affect the heart and lungs like asthma.
- Cancer, palliative care, and lymphedema: Treating, managing, and preventing fatigue, pain, muscle, and joint stiffness.
- Women’s health concerns: Looking into health issues surrounding pregnancy, birth, post-partum care, breastfeeding, menopause, bedwetting, pro-lapsed, loss of bladder or bowel movement.
- Musculoskeletal: Treating and preventing patients with musculoskeletal conditions like neck pain and back pain.
- Neurological: Promoting movements and improving the quality of life in the patients who have had severe brain or spinal cord damage from trauma, or who suffer from neurological diseases like stroke, Parkinson’s disease, and multiple sclerosis.
- Orthopedic-help patients in preventing and managing severe or chronic orthopedic conditions like arthritis and amputations.
If you are looking to pursue, a Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT), then students must fulfill the following criteria:
- Must have passed 12th standard/II PUC or any equivalent examination. The combined score of forty percent with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with English subject.
- For students belonging to SC/ST and Category-I-The combined score of Physics, Chemistry and Biology is around thirty-five percent.
- Students who are looking to pursue BPT should have completed seventeen years of age as of 31st December on the year of getting admissions.
- Before getting admission, each student is required to submit to the Principal of the College, he/she is required to submit a Physical Fitness Certificate from an Authorized Government Officer, that he/she is medically fit to undergo the course.
If you are looking to get admission into the BPT course at Jupiter College of Physiotherapy, the following documents are required:
- 10th Standard Certificate.
- 12th Standard/II-PUC Mark sheet.
- Certificate of transfer.
- Certificate of migration.
- Birth Certificate.
- Certificate of Nationality (Only for International Students).
Facilities Available at Jupiter College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Jupiter College of Physiotherapy Bangalore offers excellent infrastructure facilities during their stay on the campus. The aim of the college is to provide a conducive environment for the students who come to study for their bachelor’s degree, a safe and secure place, just like home. Some of the facilities available on campus are:
Hostel Accommodation at Jupiter College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The institution provides hostel accommodation to all the students, who enroll themselves for the BPT course. There are separate hostels for boys and girls. Each hostel room is spacious, well-lit, airy, and clean. It has security round the clock. There is ample space available for recreational activities, entertainment, and indoor games.
Hostel Mess Facility at Jupiter College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
There is a mess facility for students who are residing on campus. It provides healthy and hygienic food. There is clean purified drinking water provided everywhere on campus.
Experienced Faculties at Jupiter College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
There is a team of highly qualified and experienced faculty who are present on the campus to mentor and guide the students, in every way during the duration of the course curriculum.
State of Art Classrooms
The classrooms are modern, and well equipped with facilities like LCD Projectors, Whiteboards, and internet access.\
There is a conference hall with a seating capacity of around a hundred people. Cultural events and festival celebrations take place there. Conferences, seminars, and workshops take place there.
Jupiter College has a huge library, which has a vast collection of books, which are from varied subjects. It has got an e-library, which has got subscriptions to both national and international level journals.
Outdoor Games and Recreation Facility
The institute believes that physical activity is required for the overall development of the students. There are facilities for outdoor games such as football, hockey, volleyball, cricket, lawn tennis, badminton, and many more. Recreation facilities like an indoor gym, fitness center and recreational room facility are available within the hostel.
There is a separate health center for students who are undergoing a BPT course at the campus. It has an ambulance available on campus for emergency situations.
The college has got state of an art lab facility, for providing hands-on experiences in the clinical labs with equipment. Care is taken to see that they learn from the practical demonstration.
Department and Research
The highly qualified and experienced faculty members encourage mentors and motivate the students to develop a keen interest in research. The students have published lots of research papers in national and international journals.
Jupiter College of Physiotherapy Bangalore placements
Jupiter College provides placement assistance to all the students who are getting admissions into the Bachelors of Physiotherapy (BPT) program. There is a placement cell that trains the students in their interpersonal skills, and soft skills, and builds self-confidence so that they are able to get through campus interviews.
How to reach Jupiter College of Physiotherapy?
|Sl. No.||Mode of transport||Time taken to reach college|
|1.||Car||1 hour 6 minutes|
|2.||Bus||3 hours 6minutes|
|3.||Walk||7 hours 14 minutes|
Different routes you can take to college
Jupiter College of Physiotherapy is located Behind Tata Motors on Archinakunte which is on Tumkur Road in Neelamangala. The place is well connected by various modes of transport such as buses, trains and public transport.
Some of the routes which you can take to reach the college are:
- Via NH-48-The distance to the college on this route is around 48.4 km and takes around one hour and five minutes.
- Via NH-48 and Outer Ring Road-The distance to the college on this route is around 37.5 km and takes around one hour and fourteen minutes.
- Via NH-48 and NH-75-The distance to the college on this route is around 40.4 km and takes around one hour and forty minutes.
I went to Jupiter College of Physiotherapy and talked to the students and the faculty members about the college. My research was conducted both online and offline. It is a good institution for pursuing physiotherapy courses as it has excellent faculties, labs, hostels, and other campus facilities. If you wish to know more, visit http://www.karnatakaphysio.org/.
You can write your queries or questions to me in the comment box. I will reply as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does BPT have a scope?
Yes. BPT Course graduates get placements in sectors like hospitals, health institutes, fitness centers, and private clinics.
2. Does BPT require NEET?
NEET is not required for pursuing BPT in India. The student must have attained seventeen years of age with 12th standard/II PUC combined score of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with the English language must be forty percent.
3. How can I do BPT after the 12th standard?
In order to get admission to the BPT courses, you must have passed your 12th standard with a minimum of forty percent marks with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the compulsory subjects. You also have to pass the entry-level exams for admission to the BPT programs.
4. What do physiotherapists do?
Physiotherapists help people who are affected by injury, illness, or disability through movements and exercise, manual therapy, educating the patient, and counseling. They help to maintain the overall health of the patients in order to manage the pain and help in preventing disease.
5. Who can benefit from physiotherapy?
Home physiotherapy will be of great help to those people having mobility problems or any other long-term conditions that affect the mobility of a person. Physiotherapy has proved to be an effective form of treatment for muscular pains and joint pains. Joint injuries, arthritis, people having mobility issues, and even helps people with respiratory issues like cystic fibrosis.
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case if you are a student or alumni of Jupiter College of Physiotherapy Bangalore, then please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.