Hey! Do you aim to be a dentist but aren’t sure what to do after high school? Are you still trying to find a way to enter any top dental institute in India? Or are you looking for the most accurate information on the steps you must take to pursue a career in dentistry from a good institute? We are sure that we will be able to provide solutions to all your queries through our blogs. Keep on reading if you wish to know more about the Kamineni Dental College Nalgonda, an excellent dentistry institute located in Telangana, India.
Table of Contents
- Kamineni Dental College Nalgonda Overview
- KIDS Admission Process
- Courses Offered
- KIDS Fee Structure
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Kamineni Institute of Dental Sciences Ranking
- On-campus Facilities Offered
- Frequently Asked Questions
Kamineni Dental College Nalgonda Overview
|Name||Kamineni Institute of Dental Sciences (KIDS), Nalgonda|
|Affiliated to||KNR university of health sciences|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
According to the standards set by the Dental Council of India, the dental college is furnished with all contemporary amenities and instructional resources. Some major information about the college is highlighted below:
- The primary objective of the institute is to provide dental health services to the inhabitants of the district it is situated in and the surrounding districts.
- The college places a high emphasis on instilling in the students a desirable value system in addition to skill development.
- They also aim to keep the students informed of the most recent advancements in dentistry. These outcomes are meticulously planned for and attained through co-curricular, extracurricular, and curricular activities.
- This institute meets the needs of the nation and the world by educating and inspiring people about topics including AIDS awareness, polio eradication, and immunization campaigns to safeguard the environment and social climate.
The vision of Kamineni Dental College Nalgonda is to identify and locate the dental conditions of the rural population of the districts by ensuring the production of some of the best dental practitioners. The idea is to provide the best infrastructure and instill in students the highest regard for ethics and education.
- Making the Institute a center of academic excellence via suitable, modern, demand-driven programmes of teaching, research and service with a focus on the community in a supportive learning environment.
- Encouraging students to view studying as a pleasant experience so they can graduate with the necessary information and abilities.
- Delivering education through the use of ICT and reorienting the emphasis from teaching to learning.
- Granting access to dentistry education to those in the most underprivileged groups in society.
- Encouraging and cultivating the research spirit among the teachers and the students.
- Providing the students with a feeling of national pride, respect for Indian heritage and culture, as well as ethical & moral principles and dedication to society.
- Collaborating with other universities to exchange information and conduct research.
Why Choose KIDS?
The Kamineni Dental College Nalgonda takes all necessary measures to set up and carry out training programmes for aspiring dental students to engage them in all focus areas, enabling them to develop into qualified professionals capable of helping mankind. Here are some reasons that may help you to make a wise choice:
- Education Driven by Technology
The institute provides dynamic technology-driven learning tools in a student-friendly atmosphere to spark the interest of future Dental Healthcare Professionals. Through a non-linear learning process, technology-mediated education offers a completely new way to study a difficult subject.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
To prepare the students to compete in the international job markets, ICT is incorporated into the curriculum. College courses emphasise understanding the integration of medical science and technology. Computers and information and communication technology are used to integrate teaching and learning across the curriculum.
- Research Oriented Education
Encouraging a scientific mindset in the professors and students using the right research techniques in oral & dental healthcare to prepare them to solve diverse issues. To advance dental healthcare, they motivate undergraduate and graduate students to pursue research-related endeavours.
The institute promotes student participation in all of the athletic and extracurricular events that it sponsors as well as those that other universities and institutions hold. There is a play area distributed across 6 to 7 acres of land for outdoor games like Cricket, Football, Volleyball, Throw-ball, basketball and lawn tennis. Indoor games like Carrom, Chess, Table-tennis and Badminton are also encouraged on the campus.
- Cultural Events
To promote the total personality development of the students, participation in intercollegiate and inter-university sports and games, as well as literary and cultural competitions, is encouraged. The Ganesh Festival, an annual social event, dance performances, plays, singing, rangoli-making, and other extracurricular activities are a few examples of cultural events held there. The Cultural and Sports Committee of the Kamineni Dental College Nalgonda is responsible for organizing these.
- Career opportunities
A Placement cell for career counselling and job placement has been established to help students find jobs. The members of this cell provide information about various job openings throughout the year. Their main focus is to train and prepare the students for the future and help them in acquiring their dream jobs.
KIDS Admission Process
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS):
- Duration: 4 years + 1-year internship.
- Intake: 100.
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
- Course Duration: 3 years.
- Intake: 30.
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||
|Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)||
Documents Required for Admission to BDS
- Printout of a fully-filled online application form (KNRUHS).
- Printout of acknowledgement of online verification (KNRUHS).
- Allocation letter.
- SSC or equivalent examination certificate with date of birth.
- NEET- rank card and admit card.
- 10+2 or equivalent exam score card.
- Transfer certificates.
- Migration Certificates.
- Aadhar card or another kind of official identification.
- Caste certificate (if needed).
- Residence proof.
Documents Required for Admission to MDS
- KNRUHS, Warangal allotment letter.
- NEET-MDS Admit card.
- NEET-MDS Score Card.
- Birth certificate or document demonstrating the date of birth.
- The original BDS degree.
- All years certificates of BDS.
- BDS Marks Memo.
- 10+2 certificate or score card.
- Certificate of the mandatory rotational internship.
- Temporary or permanent dental registration with the relevant state dental Council.
- Transfer Certificate.
- A certificate of migration.
- 10 recent passport-size photos.
- Candidate’s Specimen Signature.
- Father or Guardian Recent Income Certificate (Original).
- Copy of the student’s Aadhar card.
- Copies of all the documents mentioned above.
The institute offers two programs
|For Undergraduates||For Graduates|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)|
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- To develop sufficient awareness of the scientific concepts that support dentistry as well as a strong grasp of different important scientific methodologies, biological function principles, and the capacity to assess and analyse various proven facts and data scientifically.
- To develop a sufficient understanding of how the teeth, mouth, and jaws developed, how they were built, and how they functioned in health and sickness, as well as how those factors are related to the patient’s overall health and physical and social wellbeing.
- Three primary components make up the undergraduate dental course. Anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, behavioural science etc. are among the topics covered in the first component of the curriculum which is common to medicine and dentistry.
- Oral and dental tissues, oral biology, and oral pathology are covered in the second component, which runs concurrently with the first.
- The third component covers the clinical and technical elements of dentistry that are necessary for a general dental practice.
Skills that students will gain through the course
- An ability to recognise and treat a range of dental issues that are frequently seen in general dentistry while keeping in mind society’s expectations and its right to get the finest care feasible whenever possible.
- An ability to foresee and handle difficulties that can arise when performing various surgical and other treatments.
- The ability to conduct certain investigation techniques and have the knowledge and skills necessary to evaluate the laboratory results.
- The ability to encourage good dental hygiene and take steps to ward off oral infections.
- The capability of effectively managing patient pain and anxiety by forming a good doctor-patient relationship.
- An understanding of the body’s normal structures and functioning, the changes brought on by disease, and in particular, the situations for which cooperation between the medical and dental fields is crucial for effective care.
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
The Kamineni Dental College Nalgonda provides MDS in 8 specialities. Also, the courses of the BDS program are in line with the standard curriculum as per the DCI as well as those set by the following departments of the college.
|Dental surgery||This is a branch of dentistry that focuses on treating conditions that affect the hard and soft tissues of the oral and maxillofacial region, as well as diagnosing, surgically correcting, and treating chronic conditions. It is a speciality that focuses on operations on the jaws, face, and mouth.|
|Prosthodontics||The repair and replacement of missing or broken teeth is the main focus of this speciality. Learners become highly skilled professionals with a specific awareness of all the components that go into a beautiful, functional, and natural-looking smile, including the teeth as well as the gums, lips, and facial features.|
|Orthodontics||This is a dental speciality that concentrates on tooth alignment and dental arches. The treatment of malocclusion and other anomalies of the developing or fully developed orofacial structures falls under the purview of this speciality.|
|Periodontics||This is the branch of dentistry that focuses on the understanding of illnesses and ailments that impact teeth’s supporting structures. The students gain particular expertise in dental implantation as well as in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease.|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||This is the area of dentistry that deals with treating teeth that are decayed, deformed, discoloured, unesthetic, or cracked, whereas endodontics deals with treating pulpal and periapical illnesses and managing dental pain.|
|Pedodontics||This is a branch of dentistry that focuses on looking after children’s oral health. They learn to rectify developing tooth position anomalies in this speciality.|
|Oral Medicine||The objectives of the curriculum are to teach the students how to identify the frequent conditions of the orofacial area through clinical examination and research. To teach the students about the significance, function, application, and methodologies of radiography, digital radiographs, and other imaging technologies in diagnosis.|
- To equip graduate students with the skills necessary to practise as certified dental specialists.
- To encourage the growth of analytical thinking, research techniques, and advanced clinical abilities.
- To educate students to work as practitioners and advising consultants.
Students will gain the following skills:
- Capability to operate in sensitive and uncertain environments.
- Commitment to professional responsibilities and medical ethics.
- Eagerness for knowledge and new research.
- Technological Research and Development Capabilities.
- Excellent Memory and Speedy Response.
- Interaction and Emotional Intelligence.
- Compassionate abilities.
- Ability to be approachable and empathetic.
- Patience and perseverance.
KIDS Fee Structure
The latest information about the Kamineni Dental College Nalgonda fee structure is provided below:
Fee Structure for BDS
|Tuition Fee/year (INR)||45,000||4,20,000||5,25,000|
|Other fees/year (INR)||75,650||75,650||75,650|
|Total amount/ year (INR)||1,20,650||4,95,650||6,00,650|
Fee Structure for MDS
|Tuition Fee amount/year (INR)||2,57,500||4,80.000||12,00,000|
|Tuition Fee amount/year (INR)||1,62,500||3,15,000||7,87,500|
Note: The fee structure is subject to modification.
Student loans with low-interest rates can be some of the ways that can help you ensure the completion of your degree without letting the fee numbers overwhelm you. You can always enquire if the college provides merit-based scholarships or scholarships that can aid in the process of learning. The idea here is to not let economic constraints hinder your journey to attain your career goals.
Placements & Career Opportunities
On completion of the 4th year of the BDS programme the candidates are required to undergo 1 year mandatory paid internship in any recognised dental organisation.
|Aims of Internship||
|Interns acquire these skills||
Career Opportunities for BDS graduates
- Numerous hospitals seek dental consultants to help them develop their dentistry departments by advising, mentoring, and educating other dentists as well as by enhancing their human resource and marketing strategies. BDS graduates may earn well as dental consultants depending on their level of expertise and experience.
- Both medical and dental transcribing are careers a BDS graduate can pursue. Being knowledgeable about medical terms, having strong listening and typing abilities, and having a firm command of the language can all help graduates succeed as general medical transcriptionists.
- After BDS, starting a private clinic, preparing for government job exams and pursuing post-graduation are some career opportunities that a graduate can seek.
Career Opportunities for MDS graduates
- Graduates of the MDS programme may work as research scientists for pharmaceutical companies.
- They may even work as senior consultants at dental healthcare organisations.
- Most of the time they get placed at colleges as teaching faculty.
- They acquire jobs overseas by applying to various dental organisations that have branches that function in different nations.
|Vibes Healthcare Ltd||Lakeside Dental Care|
|Maurya Dental Healthcare||Medi Assist|
|Oc Dental Clinic||Pristine Solutions|
|Medway Academy||Laungia Dental Hospital|
|BCS recruitment Pvt. Ltd||BDS Educomp Pvt. Ltd.|
Kamineni Institute of Dental Sciences Ranking
Kamineni Dental College Nalgonda is accredited with a NAAC “A” grade rating and is considered one of the Best Dental Schools in India. The institute satisfies the needs of both the national and international communities by educating and energising the public on topics including AIDS awareness, the fight against polio, and immunisation campaigns to safeguard the environment and social climate. To educate the people about oral health, the institution has had remarkable success in hosting Dental Camps in several villages and rural areas across Telangana.
On-campus Facilities Offered
In a separate hostel for men and women, there are both single rooms and dorm rooms accessible for students and residents. Bathrooms are clean, and sanitary procedures are followed. Both residents and students may use the mess hall. Simple hostel regulations and three meals every day are provided.
The labs at Kamineni Dental College Nalgonda have recently been updated and are furnished with advanced equipment. Students learn how to apply their theoretical knowledge practically under the expert supervision of highly experienced faculty members and well-trained lab personnel. Numerous labs, including those for biochemistry, physiology, dental materials, anatomy, pharmacology, microbiology, pathology, and preclinical conservatives, are constantly available for research.
For a more effective study, students can borrow books from the library that cover a wide range of dental-related topics, from foundations to cutting-edge concepts. It offers a huge collection of regional, national, and international publications.
A diverse group of highly educated, skilled, and technologically equipped faculty members are available at this college. Furthermore, there are sufficient numbers of non-technical staff members to support an environment where students may study independently. They are responsible for improving and preserving the standards of medical education at the Kamineni Institute of Dental Sciences, Nalgonda.
- Orientation Programmes
To guarantee fairness, bridge courses and orientation programmes are offered to new students, with a focus on helping individuals from rural backgrounds overcome their transition issues and fear of psychosis. Remedial courses are offered to students who need to take them to enhance their academic performance. fostering unity among pupils regardless of race or religion.
- Remedial Coaching
The institute offers excellent help for people who struggle with learning through remedial lessons that are held after regular classes so that the subjects that are challenging are taught slowly and differently to make them simple to understand.
- Anti-Ragging Committee
The Kamineni Dental College Nalgonda offers a safe and secure environment to the students through an Anti-Ragging committee which is dedicated to maintaining discipline on the campus. The committee empowers new students by guiding them about their rights and duties. They also make students aware of the regulations that need to be followed on campus.
The Grievance Redressal Committee investigates complaints made by any student and determines their validity. They have the authority to investigate alleged instances of harassment. Anyone with a legitimate complaint is welcome to speak with the Grievance Redressal Committee members in person. They can also drop complaints anonymously in the complaint box provided on campus.
Instilling a sense of timeliness in the pupils is also significantly aided by the transportation system. For field trips, field trips, and other academic events, students and instructors have access to a bus facility. The inconvenience of taking public transportation to school is not experienced by the students.
- Lecture Rooms
The lecture rooms are equipped with LCD projectors. Strong relationships between students and teachers are fostered in these classrooms via exchanges between professors and students.
- Student Council
The student council works to carry out various activities like arranging tests, elocution and essay contests, sporting events, and cultural activities. They present students’ demands to the management and they also plan the students’ activities and event calendar with the management.
- Alumni organization
Former students of the College joined together to form the organization. The alumni are incredibly helpful in counselling students on how to further their studies or get employment as dentists in the community. They help students by sharing their own experiences and guiding them on steps to be taken further.
Every student has an extremely anxious and distracted period throughout their board and entrance exams. We are aware of this, which is why we offer services tailored especially for students trying to choose the ideal institution that fits their interests. We’ll make the admissions process painless so you don’t have to! To transition smoothly into the next stage of your life, get in touch with us now.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the Kamineni Institute of Dental Sciences located?
The institute is located in the Nalgonda District of Telangana.
2. What courses do KIDS offer?
They offer BDS courses for undergraduates and MDS courses for graduates.
3. How long will it take to complete MDS?
It takes 3 years to complete MDS.
4. Does the college offer career guidance?
Yes, the college offers career guidance and job opportunities through its placement cell.
5. How to get admission to the BDS programme at KIDS?
The selection process is based on state counselling for which you need to acquire a qualifying score in the NEET exam.
6. How many seats are available for MDS applicants?
30 seats are available for MDS applicants.
7. Is the Institute safe for students?
Yes, KIDS offers a safe and secure setting for students and an anti-ragging committee makes sure to maintain discipline on campus.
8. How many seats are available for BDS applicants?
100 seats are available for BDS applicants.
Are you checking out another dental college? If yes. You can follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Dental College Perambalur
One Small Ask:
Your reviews can immensely assist potential dental aspirants. You only need to put up a review in the comment section below if you’ve been an alumnus or a student pursuing a degree in dentistry from Kamineni Dental College Nalgonda. You can share your experiences about education at college and campus life out there.