Welcome to the blog! If you are exploring the best dental colleges across India and you are worried about how to start this journey of finding the best college for yourself, we are here to provide you with the best guidance for the same. Through this blog article, we will take you on a journey where you will receive in-depth information about Mamata Dental College Khammam (MDC). We are certain that the information provided will help you learn more about the procedures involved in enrolling in a reputable dental school. To choose the Best BDS Colleges in India for your advanced studies, keep reading till the end.
Table of Contents
- Mamata Dental College Overview
- MDC Admission Process
- Courses offered at MDC
- Mamata Dental College Departments
- MDC Fee Structure
- Placements & Career Scope
- Ranking & Rewards
- On-Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Mamata Dental College Overview
|Name||Mamata Dental College, Khammam|
|Address||Mamata Dental College, Rotary Nagar, Khammam-507002, Telangana, India.|
|Principal||Dr G. Venkateswara Rao|
|Affiliated to||Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences (KNRUHS), Warangal, Telangana|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India|
|Hostel||Boys and girls|
Sri Puvvada Nageswara Rao, who has dedicated his life to advancing education, founded the Mamata Dental College Khammam in 2001 as a subsidiary of the Mamata Educational Society. It was primarily created to improve healthcare, socioeconomic conditions, and educational opportunities for residents of the Khammam district in the Telangana area of Andhra Pradesh.
- The College operates as a unified structural and functional entity and offers a contemporary integrated BDS and MDS program.
- The students get acquainted with a demanding curriculum through which they get outstanding preparation for the issues that they will encounter as dental professionals.
- The Institute fosters a welcoming environment where male and female students from all groups and backgrounds may cooperate and practice religious tolerance to accomplish shared objectives.
- The College is dedicated to instilling the moral commitment, responsibility, and discipline that are good traits.
- Students participate in academic and extracurricular activities, athletics and moral & ethical education to develop values-based qualities and internationally applicable abilities.
- To provide globally recognized standards of patient care.
- To impart accessible, high-quality dentistry education.
- To give special attention to the rural tribal population and research.
Mission of MDC
- To provide a setting that is conducive to learning the necessary knowledge and abilities that can satisfy international dentistry standards.
- To provide education access to the disadvantaged communities by firmly implementing the laws of the reservation during admissions.
- To make technology-mediated dental education in healthcare accessible.
- To encourage pupils to have strong moral and ethical principles.
- To transform students into responsible Indian citizens by instilling a sense of national pride and equality, regardless of caste, ethnicity, or religion.
- To give the weaker and poorer parts of society access to dental and oral health treatment.
- To encourage professors’ and students’ research efforts.
- To strengthen ties with the local community via patient care and dental outreach activities.
- To evolve into a highly sought-after center of excellence.
Why Choose MDC?
For students to succeed professionally, the institute members are dedicated to supporting their professional, intellectual, and emotional growth. Following are a few reasons that may enable you to choose Mamata Dental College Khammam:
The campus of the institution is home to advanced, high-tech amenities that aid students in studying more effectively and quickly. The institute’s infrastructure is excellent for encouraging both professional and personal development. The college has made it possible for you to navigate the campus through its website.
- Dentistry and medical skill lab
A medical and dental skill lab are available at the Mamata Dental College Khammam, giving students a secure learning environment and the chance to practice their professional abilities by using training manikins in a safe and regulated setting.
Professors are now able to teach modern methods and processes, including specialised courses because the lab has fake human bodies with organs and biological functions. To prepare the students for the finest clinical experiences in the future, the faculty assists the students in enhancing and illuminating their hands-on learning experiences using the models.
Students may visualize the topic and get first-hand knowledge by visiting the numerous museums in the dentistry college and hospital. These museums have a broad variety of samples, models, charts, etc.
- Lecture Hall
There are air-conditioned lecture halls with various seating capacities that allow the opportunity to see professionals at work while also providing possibilities for observing live surgical procedures. Additionally, it has audio and visual aids.
It is a conference venue that is extremely beautifully constructed with a 1000-seat capacity and outstanding audio and video amenities. Guest lectures are also held here.
MDC Admission Process
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
|Duration||4 years + 1-year internship|
Selection: Candidates will be chosen purely based on their merit.
Eligibility for BDS
- The applicant must have turned 17 years old by December 31 of the year of admission to the BDS program at the Mamata Dental College, Khammam.
- The applicant should have passed the Indian School Certificate Examination, which is equivalent to the 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after 12 years of study, with the last two years of study consisting of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than the core course.
- The general category candidate must have obtained at least 50% of the aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in their 10+2 or any other acceptable equivalent.
- The ST/SC/OBC category candidate must have obtained at least 40% of the aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in their 10+2 or any other acceptable equivalent.
- An applicant must receive at least a 50th percentile score on the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) administered for the relevant academic year to be eligible for admission to the BDS Course for that academic year.
- The minimal NEET score for applicants from Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes is 40th percentile.
- The minimal NEET score for applicants with lower-level locomotor disabilities is the 45th percentile.
- NEET- Score Card and Admit Card.
- Class 10th- Certificate and mark sheet.
- Class 12th- Certificate and mark sheet.
- Identification document (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving Licence/Passport).
- Eight passport-size photographs of the candidate.
- Letter of Provisional Allocation.
- Residential proof.
- Certification of Caste (if applicable).
- PwD certification (if applicable).
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS):
This is a 3-years duration and research oriented course, The various specialty offered under MDS is given below with their individual intake capacity.
MDS Seat Distribution
|Specialty||No. of seats|
|M.D.S. (Oral Pathology)||5|
|M.D.S. (Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics)||6|
|M.D.S. (Oral Surgery)||5|
|M.D.S. (Oral medicine & radiology)||3|
|M.D.S. (Public Health Dentistry)||5|
Selection: Candidates will be chosen purely based on NEET MDS counselling.
Eligibility for MDS
- Applicants must hold a recognized Bachelor in Dental Surgery degree from an Indian university or institution recognized by the State Dental Council and must have obtained provisional or permanent registration.
- Applicants should have completed the one-year mandatory rotational internship program at an approved or recognized dental college.
- Applicants should have qualified NEET MDS.
Documents Required for MDS
- Scorecard and Admit card (NEET MDS).
- Mark sheet of BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year exams.
- BDS Degree Certificate.
- A permanent or provisional certificate issued by the DCI/Dental Council.
- A certificate from the institution’s head attesting to the completion of the internship.
- A tenth-grade mark sheet or certificate.
- Valid government-issued identification documents (driver’s licence, PAN card, voter ID, passport, or Aadhar card).
- Medical certification for physical impairment (if necessary).
- SC/ST/OBC certificate (if necessary).
Courses offered at MDC
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||5 years including a one-year compulsory rotatory internship program|
|Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)||3 years|
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
|Year||Subject of Study|
The goal of the curriculum:
Students should acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes during their training in the institution. The pupil should also be able to engage in the nation’s rural health care delivery programmes and comprehend the notion of community oral health education.
Skills you will acquire
- Identification and treatment of a variety of common dental issues that arise in general dentistry while keeping in mind the demands and society’s entitlement to the finest care.
- The ability to avoid and deal with issues that may arise when doing diverse tasks and procedures, both surgical and otherwise.
- The capacity to perform certain investigative techniques and analyse test results.
- Managing patient pain and anxiety throughout dental procedures.
Mamata Dental College Departments
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
The MDS specialities offered by Mamata Dental College Khammam are as follows:
Cons. & Endodontics.
Oral Medicine and Radiology.
Public Health Dentistry.
The Goal of the Curriculum
The objective of the course curriculum is to prepare the graduates in dental surgery who will practice their respective specialities efficiently and effectively, supported by scientific knowledge and skill and to inculcate empathy and a caring attitude and high ethical standards.
Skills you will acquire
- Abiliato records a thorough clinical history, patient examination and performance of necessary diagnostic procedures.
- Conducting pertinent tests and interpretation.
- Reasonable diagnosis concerning the illness.
- Knowledge, proficiency, and abilities to carry out the numerous processes necessary for the speciality.
MDC Fee Structure
Mamata Dental College fee structure for Graduate and Postgraduate programs is presented below:
|Course||Amount (INR) per year|
The kind of investment concerning fees can be a lot overwhelming for students who come from economically weaker sections. However, this should not discourage you from availing yourself of quality education that an institute like Mamata Dental College is providing. You can always enquire if the college administration is providing special programmes that let you pay the fees in instalments.
Placements & Career Scope
The compulsory internship that begins after the completion of 4 years of the BDS program helps the students in developing:
- Willingness to utilize contemporary dental knowledge for the benefit of patients and the community.
- High level of professional ethics and behavior in all phases of professional life.
- Positive attitude towards raising awareness and proposing potential solutions for oral health problems and needs within the community
- Willingness to engage in various programs to refresh knowledge and professional skills regularly.
Career Opportunities for BDS graduates
- An experienced dentist can enroll in nutrition and dietetics courses provided by top universities across the world. This may provide the opportunity to work as a dietician in reputable hospitals.
- Depending on the departments, the central and state governments offer a few vacancies for dentists in a variety of industries with a temporary rural posting and eventually a permanent posting. Government employment is stable and offers several benefits, including insurance and pension plans.
- Pharmaceutical research is a profitable profession since pharmaceutical corporations outsource a wide variety of their services. Principal Investigator, Co-investigator, Medical Advisor, Drug Developer, Regulatory Affairs Manager, and Clinical Research Physician are the career options open to BDS graduates of Mamata Dental College Khammam.
- Clinical cosmetologists are now more in demand because people are getting more and more self-conscious. They don’t mind spending a lot of money to appear beautiful. BDS students may get significant information and experience to become an expert in cosmetology treatments by taking significant knowledge.
Career Opportunities for MDS graduates
- MDS degree holders may work as senior dental surgeons at hospitals and they may acquire jobs at nursing homes and dental clinics.
- They may start their private clinics.
- They may work as lecturers and professors at renowned hospitals across the nation.
- MDS graduates may work as research scientists at pharmaceutical firms and other businesses that produce oral care medications and related products.
|DreamWeaver Infocom Pvt. Ltd.||Icvastglobal|
|Nathiya Consultant Service||Doctor Door|
|Virtual Physicians Scribe, India||Hosmat Hospital|
|Primera medical Tech Pvt, Ltd||Fortis healthcare|
|SKD health Allied services||Seven consultancy|
Ranking & Rewards
MDC is one of the highly reputed institutes of Telangana. It is the first organization to receive entry-level (NABH) accreditation. Received “A” Grade by NAAC with CGPA 3.31.
The institute has both air-conditioned and non-ac boys and girls hostels. Each room has a separate toilet and bathroom. The living arrangements are pleasant, the cuisine is healthy and hygienic. There is also a television in the common area.
- Yoga and Meditation
Institute takes care of students’ mental as well as physical health by facilitating yoga and Meditation on campus. These sessions are held regularly so that students develop these healthy habits which they may carry throughout their lives.
- Sports and Games
To develop team spirit, coordination and physical health students are encouraged to participate in annual sports events organised on the campus of Mamata Dental College Khammam. Both outdoor and Indoor games are given equal importance, Boys and girls are given equal opportunities to participate and display their sportsman spirit.
- Food Court
It is a centre of attraction of the institute, a variety of healthy cuisines are cooked regularly as the institute believes in delivering high-quality food to its students. It can accommodate 200 students. The food court functions throughout the year.
To pick up and drop off students at certain locations, the institution offers a safe and secure bus service. Their buses are operated by qualified and trained drivers. Buses are also utilised for student excursions such as Campus Placement Drives beyond the campus, study tours and industrial visits, NSS programmes, etc.
- International Students’ Cell
The cell provides support to international undergraduate and postgraduate students who want to pursue further education in their institute. The management and the college have always welcomed students who are interested in receiving a dentistry education of the highest calibre.
- Central Research Lab
The Laboratory offers centralised research facilities to aid researchers in several fields. By providing information on research paning, research project administration, research documentation, technical assistance, and access to cutting-edge and high-end scientific instruments, the Central Research lab supports the research activities of the Faculty, PhD scholars, postgraduate, and undergraduate students from all the specialities of the institution.
The entire library is air-conditioned, has a calm atmosphere and has modern infrastructure that offers a comfortable reading environment with resources of the highest quality. These materials are used to teach and learn the skills required for academic inquiry and lifelong learning to support faculty and postgraduate research and are constantly being updated with new volumes of books and journals.
- Alumni Association
The management team, administrative team, and former students of Mamata Dental College came together to create the organisation. It was named Spoorthi. The alumni play an extremely important role in advising students on how to continue their education or work as dentists in the community. They serve as a conduit between departing students and the outside world, where they are expected to solve needs in the healthcare industry.
- Bank facilities
To meet the needs of students and staff members who wish to keep savings accounts with a minimal amount, the Andhra Bank branch is located on campus. Customers of this bank get access to all amenities provided by any top-tier Standard Bank of India.
This completely automated bank provides top-notch services and makes it simple for those on campus and in the surrounding area to manage their money. The Andhra Bank on campus also offers a 24-hour ATM service.
As students prepare for their board and entrance exams, they go through an extremely anxious and distracted time. We are aware of this, which is why we offer services that are especially focused on helping students choose a college that will best suit their interests. Count on us to make the admissions process painless for you! To ensure a hassle-free transition to the next stage of your life, get in touch with us today.
College Contact Details
Address: 65Q7+8C5, 4-2-161, Rotary Nagar, Manikya Nagar Basti, Khammam, Telangana 507002.
- Email: +91-8742-235161.
- Phone: email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Mamata Dental college Khammam address?
The institute is located at Rotary Nagar, Khammam-507002, Telangana, India.
2. How many seats are available in the BDS programme?
100 seats are available in the BDS programme.
3. Does Mamata Dental college provide transportation facilities?
Yes, they provide transport facilities to their staff and students.
3. How many seats are available in the MDS programme?
Around 43 seats are available in the MDS programme.
4. Do they provide a mess facility at the campus?
Yes, they provide a highly diverse and hygienic mess facility on the campus.
5. How many specialities do they offer in their PG course?
They offer 9 specialities in their PG course. They are Pedodontics, orthodontics. Prosthodontics, oral pathology, oral medicine, conservative dentistry, oral surgery, Public health dentistry and periodontics.
6. Do they offer internships at the hospital located on campus?
Yes, they offer internships at the hospital located on campus.
7. Do they hire students from their own institute?
Yes, many bright students get hired by the institute itself.
8. Does Mamta Dental college offer hostel facilities?
Yes, they offer separate hostels for boys and girls, which are located on the campus.
You can also checkout my detailed post on another dental college if you are looking for one:
Show Your Love & Support:
If you have liked the post then please share your reviews in the comment box below. Also, if you are a student or an alumnus of Mamata Dental College Khammam, you can share your experiences and know-how of the college education and campus life. This will just take a while, but it can significantly aid the potential dental aspirants in their future careers.