Choosing a good college to pursue a bachelor’s degree is quite a tedious task. If you are looking for a healthcare program as such BPT or MPT, then you are at the right place. Here I’ve featured one of the top physiotherapy colleges in Bangalore which is quite a prestigious one in Bangalore. The Ramaiah group is quite a well-known name in the field of primary education to doctoral-level education. This group of institutions manifests a legacy of more than forty-two years and runs M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy Bangalore which is a top college for physiotherapy. Read further to know more about its admission process, fee details, courses, placements, facilities offered etc.
Table of Contents
- M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- Courses available
- Eligibility requirements
- Document required
- Application Procedure/Admission Procedure
- M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Fees Structure
- Collaborations and Exchanges
- Facilities Offered
- Placements at M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Departments and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
The Ramaiah Medical College was established in the year 1979, with the objective of providing quality education to everyone. The group is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Karnataka Government and it is also recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). To meet the training needs of all the doctors, the Ramaiah Medical College Hospital was set up in the year 1984. The private hospital has around one thousand three hundred beds with all the specialities for treatment.
The Ramaiah group was founded by its Late Founder Mr M.S.Ramaiah. The Group has over twenty-one institutions in the fields of education and healthcare, which is spread over seventy acres of land. The Group of Institutions offers MBBS, MD, and MS in all specializations, DM and MCH in super specializations, PG Diploma and PhD courses, Bachelors in Physiotherapy(BPT), Master’s in Physiotherapy(MPT) as well as PhD in Physiotherapy.
The Physiotherapy Department was established in 1996. It offers programs at graduate, postgraduate, and PhD levels. All its courses are recognized by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. The college inculcates with the students who are studying medicine and allied sciences. It aims to create an academic environment where they will be learning and growing environment together.
The college is located in M.S.R Nagar near the MSIR post, in the city of Bangalore. The college of physiotherapy is headed by Dr Savitha Ravindra, who is the HOD and Professor of the Department of Physiotherapy. Her team of experienced, qualified, and trained faculty members are:
- Dr.Veena Nambiar-Assossiate Professor
- Dr Soni Satish-Associate Professor
- Dr Shobhalakhmi. S-Associate Professor.
- Dr Ramesh D.V-Associate Professor
- Dr Nanda Kumar S-Associate Professor
- Mrs Kirti Joshi-Assistant Professor
- Dr Shaswat Verma-Assistant Professor
- Dr Sundar Kumar Velusamy-Assistant Professor
- Ms B.Divya Priya-Lecturer
- Dr Diana Rodrigues-Lecturer
- Ms Riya Rahul Thote-Lecturer
- Dr Betty Thomas-Lecturer and many more.
The Physiotherapy Department of the M.S.Ramaiah College offers bachelor’s (BPT), master’s (MPT), and Ph.D. in Physiotherapy.
Bachelors in Physiotherapy at M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The college is offering its undergraduate-level course, Bachelors of Physiotherapy (BPT), which is for a duration of four and half years and includes six months of compulsory rotating internship.
During the internship, the students are required to utilize their time in Paediatrics, OBG, Orthopaedics wards, General medicine, and general wards. There is an intake of forty students for this course.
Master’s in Physiotherapy (MPT) at M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
MPT is a post-graduate level course for a duration of two years. The college has an intake of twenty students. The selection for the course is based on merit which is followed by an interview. Ramaiah Medical College offers MPT courses with different specializations:
- Musculoskeletal Disorders.
- Phychomastic Disorders
- Community Rehabilitation.
PhD in Physiotherapy at M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The College offers both full-time and part-time PhD in physiotherapy. The duration for the full-time PhD is for three years and for the part-time, it is around five years. The guide-to-student ratio in the course is 1:3.
Students who are looking to pursue BPT as a course must satisfy the eligibility requirements:
- Must obtain a minimum of fifty per cent marks in PUC or 12th standard or any other equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the optional subjects with English.
- For students belonging to SC/ST in the state of Karnataka, the minimum qualifying mark is around forty-five per cent.
- Must have attained seventeen years of age on the 31st December on the year of admission.
- Must obtain a medical fitness certificate from an authorized Medical officer, stating that he/she is medically fit to undergo the course.
The eligibility requirements for MPT are:
- The student should have passed BPT from a recognized university.
- Should have completed the internship before joining the course.
- Must have obtained fifty per cent in BPT from a recognized board or university.
- Students who have completed the BPT through correspondence or distance education are not eligible.
The eligibility requirements for PhD are:
- Students must have completed MPT or MBBS with fifty percentage marks from an affiliated or recognized university.
- There is no age limit.
The students must have all the original documents with him/her, once he/she has been selected for the KEA counselling or are eligible for admission under the management quota. The documents needed are:
- 10th and 12th standard/II PUC Mark sheet
- Certificate of transfer
- Migration Certificate (For outside Karnataka)
- Identity Proof (PAN Card/Aadhar/Driving Licence/Passport)
- Community/Caste Certificate (if it is applicable)
- Eligibility Certificate from RGUHS, Bangalore.
The student who is willing to get admission to MPT must have an original copy of the original documents during the counselling or for direct admissions through the management quota. The documents required for MPT are:
- BPT Degree Certificate issued by a recognized university.
- Mark sheet of all the years of BPT(1st to 4th year).
- Completion certificate of rotatory internship from a well-recognized college.
- 10th standard and 12th standard Mark sheet (proof of age).
- Caste/Community Certificate(If it is applicable).
- Students must obtain the eligibility certificate before the last date of admission notified by the university. They must register their names with the university, within a month of paying the registration fees.
The documents required for getting admission for PhD in Physiotherapy are:
- MPT or MBBS Degree completion certificate from a recognized college/university.
- Year-wise MPT or MBBS Certificate.
- Address and age proof(PAN/Aaadhar/Driving Licence/Passport).
- 10th and 12th standard mark sheets.
- SC/ST/Caste Certificate(If applicable)
Application Procedure/Admission Procedure
The application procedure for the various courses is given below. You can also call me or write to me and I will guide you through the whole process.
- Students who are looking to get admission to the various courses such as BPT, MPT, and PhD, must fill out the online application form available on the website.
- Fill in the necessary details carefully.
- Download the completed form along with the necessary documents during the time of admissions.
M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Fees Structure
The fee structure for the various courses at M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy is as follows:
|Name of the course
Collaborations and Exchanges
Cross-cultural exchanges and cultural sensitization are the key aspects of cultural exchanges. The department runs programs with the University of Ghent, Belgium, and the University of Groningen, Netherlands. There are enhanced learning programs for students through overseas exchange learning programs.
International students are given the opportunity to participate in the clinical observership for arou
It is a food street located on 70 acres of campus with eating joints serving various cuisines.
There are separate hostels for boys and girls. The girl’s hostel can accommodate around 680 students and the boy’s hostel can accommodate around 310 students.
There is a mess facility provided for all the students who are residing on the campus, during the course duration. It provides clean and healthy food, keeping in mind the health of the students.
The hostel accommodation has got common rooms with TV, Wi-Fi and indoor games facilities such as chess, carom, etc. are available within the campus.
The College has got a vast collection of books, CDs, and journals which are both national and international. The students are given access to the e-library facility, where they are able to gain more knowledge and get inclined towards research by reading international standard journals. There are reading areas for faculties and students.
There are other facilities such as stationery shops, flower shops, and grooming and washing areas to provide a wholesome experience to the students.
Placements at M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy Bangalore provides placements to all its graduate and postgraduate students. The placement cell trains and develops the students for getting through campus interviews.
Some of the organizations where the students are provided placements are:
- Apollo Hospitals.
- Fortis Healthcare.
- Columbia Asia.
- Aster Healthcare.
- Wockhardt hospitals.
- Hosmet Hospitals.
- Global Hospitals.
- Narayana Hrudalaya Hospitals.
- Manipal Hospitals.
Departments and Research
The Department of Physiotherapy is very proactive about original research which needs to be conducted by the various faculty members. There are nine ongoing research projects going on currently which are being handled by the department.
The research is funded by both government and non-government agencies like RGUHS, ICMR, PFI, TDF, and DST.
Focusing on the ability of physiotherapy helps to make a difference in the lives of people. M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy is involved in lots of community outreach programs like:
- Visiting the differently-abled children’s school in BEL, Bangalore three times a week to offer rehabilitation facilities. Both undergraduate and postgraduate students participate in it on a rotational basis.
- Manning and overseeing the physiotherapy clinic at Sai Mandalli physiotherapy centre and the Dignity Foundation for the elderly.
- Collaborating with the Dignity Foundation to create fitness awareness among senior citizens.
Life in Bangalore
- Bangalore is a young, technology-driven, fast and multicultural city. There are lots of colleges here. Students get exposure to seminars, cultural activities, and symposiums conducted by colleges in and around the city.
- It is also known as the Garden City of India with parks everywhere around. It is also a hub for culture and heritage.
- The City is known for its museums, concerts, and events.
- Because of its multicultural diversity, it is a social hub and houses the best multi-cuisine restaurants and coffee houses.
Physiotherapy is a growing field with enormous opportunities available within the country and abroad. M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy is among the best colleges which have got experienced faculty members and excellent infrastructure facilities. I gathered information about the college online. If you want to know more, please visit http://www.karnatakaphysio.org/.
Anything else you would like to know regarding colleges, admissions, courses, fees, etc, please write to me in the comment box. I will get back soon. Write a review for us, if you are a student of the college. Your review will be helpful to others.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to get admission to the M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy Bangalore?
Students who are looking to get admission to various courses at M.S.Ramaiah College of physiotherapy have to go through two modes of admission: Merit Based-Students looking for admissions to the nursing colleges affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences Institute (RGUHS) can undergo counseling conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). Management Quota-Students who are willing to go for the management quota can go for direct admissions.
2. Is M.S.Ramaiah College of physiotherapy a private or public college?
M.S.Ramaiah College of physiotherapy is the top private college affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
3. Where is the college located?
M.S.Ramaiah College is located in MSR Nagar. It is well connected by road, rail, and bus. It is located at around 7.7 km from the Bangalore City Railway Station and around 31.2 km from Kempegowda International Airport.
4. What are the internship opportunities provided there?
The placement cell at the M.S.Ramaiah College of physiotherapy provides internship opportunities available in India and throughout the world. The students are trained, guided, and prepared for different competitive exams and professional interviews.
5. What is the average salary of the students after completing BPT at M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy?
The average salary which a student gets after completing BPT from M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy is around 9 lakhs per annum. The minimum salary ranges from 3 lakhs per annum to around 15 lakhs per annum.
6. What are the career opportunities for physiotherapy?
The majority of the physiotherapists provide help to patients with physical difficulties, in order to improve their health and quality of life. There are opportunities available at hospitals, physiotherapy practices, sports clinics, football clubs, special schools, and nursing homes.
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case you are a student or alumni of M.S.Ramaiah College of Physiotherapy Bangalore, then please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.