Smiling is one of the best expressions on someone’s face. Your smiling face boosts your self-confidence. A good smile has the power to attract people. Are you looking to bring that perfect smile? If yes, then dentistry is the right course for you. Dentists are professionals who take care of oral health. Maharastra is the hub of top educational institutions. One among them is Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha.
Table of Contents
- Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha Overview
- Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha Admissions
- Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha Courses
- Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha Fees
- Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha Placements
- Sharad Pawar Dental College Rankings
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha Overview
Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha was started in the year 1991 by the Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur. The Chairman of the trust is Shri Dattaji Meghe, President is Shri Madhukar Ramji Titarmare and the Vice President is Shri Madhukar Janrao Ingle. The College is affiliated with Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha and the courses are approved by the Dental Council of India.
|Name||Sharad Pawar Dental College|
|Address||Sawangi (Meghe), Wardha- 442004, Maharashtra, India.|
|Affiliated to||Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India|
|Accreditation||NAAC A + Accreditation|
|Study Mode||Regular/Full time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha is among the best colleges in the state of Maharastra. It has the biggest Maxillofacial surgery centre in the country. The institution offers graduate and postgraduate level courses and it takes 100 students for the course. The college provides world-class infrastructure facilities which are at par with the other institutions.
The Dean of the college is Dr Manoj Chandak and the Deputy Dean is Dr Alka H Hande. It aims to provide affordable medical facilities to the people of Wardha. The hospital is attached to the institution and it is also a NABH Accredited. Students are given hands-on clinical experience during their internships.
Why Choose Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha?
The institution is known to be the best college for dental sciences. Some of the reasons to pursue a dentistry course here are:
- It has the largest maxillofacial centre in India.
- The course is recognised by the Dental Council of India along with NAAC Accreditation.
- Faculty Members are highly experienced and well-qualified in the dental field.
- The campus provides the best infrastructure amenities to students who come here to study.
- There is a NABH Accredited hospital in the vicinity of the college.
- Students get placements and internships in the top hospitals within Maharastra.
Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha Admissions
The admission Procedure to the various courses at Sharad Pawar Dental College is:
Step 1: You must visit the link for the admissions, where the application form will appear.
Step 2: Fill out the application form with your personal details.
Step 3: Once you have finished filing the application, upload the documents.
Step 4: Pay the fees for the application in the link.
Step 5: Complete all the steps above and keep a copy for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria for BDS
BDS is an undergraduate course for a duration of 5 years. For getting admission to the program, you must satisfy the eligibility criteria:
- Must pass 12th Standard or any other equivalent examination.
- The aggregate score of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology along with English subject.
- The aspirant must be qualified in NEET.
- The minimum age at the time of admission must be 17 years.
Document required for BDS
You must carry the following documents during admissions:
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Scorecard.
- 10th Standard or HSC mark sheet.
- 12th Standard or SSC mark sheet.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Migration Certificate.
- Copy of application form.
Eligibility Criteria for MDS
MDS is a postgraduate course for a duration of 2 years. You need to fulfil the eligibility criteria to get admission:
- Aspirants must have completed a BDS course from a recognised college or institution which comes under the Dental Council of India.
- Should have the internship completion certificate.
- Must have a minimum score of 50% in BDS.
- He/she must be NEET qualified.
Documents Required for MDS
Documents which you need to carry at the time of admission are:
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Scorecard.
- Allotment letter.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Yearwise mark sheets of BDS.
- SSC Certificate (Date of birth).
- HSC Certificate.
- Internship Certificate.
- BDS Degree Certificate.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Registration Certificate from DCI.
- Nationality Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- Recent passport-size photos.
Important Admission Dates
Admissions to BDS and MDS are based on the NEET ranking and the score. After the authorities declare the result, the next step is the process of counselling which can be both online as well as online. The tentative date for the counselling are:
First Round of Counseling (Tentative)
|Filing up of application form||15 September 2022- 23rd September 2022|
|Choice Filing and confirmation||20 September 2022- 25 September 2022|
|Document Verification||23 September 2022- 24 September 2022|
|Seat Allotment Process||26 September 2022 – 27 September 2022|
|Declaration of Results||28 September 2022|
|Time of Joining||29 September 2022 – 4 October 2022|
The mentioned dates in the above table are tentative. They are subject to change.
Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha Courses
Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha offers an undergraduate course, a Bachelor of Dental Surgery BDS and post graduate Master of Dental Surgery MDS. The annual student intake for BDS is 100 and MDS is 35.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Bachelor of Dental Surgery is otherwise called BDS. It is an undergraduate course for a duration of 5 years. It includes 4 years of academics followed by 1 year of internship. The course covers dental issues, oral health and various kinds of treatments. It is the second most sought-after course after MBBS.
Who can study BDS?
BDS is a graduate program for those who are looking to pursue a career in the field of dental sciences. Apart from it, those aspirants who are inclined towards medicine but MBBS course is very expensive, can go for this field.
Benefits of Pursuing BDS
It is a professional course in dental sciences for a duration of 5 years. In this course, the students get knowledge about dentistry as well as its procedures. A few of the benefits of doing BDS are:
- The program is an undergraduate-level course which is recognised by the Dental Council of India.
- It primarily focuses on oral health and hygiene.
- After completion of the course, graduate get opportunities in clinics and hospitals.
- You can also pursue further studies by going for MDS.
- Some of the job profiles available these days are dentist, dental consultant, lab technician, private practice and many more.
Master of Dental Surgery
Master of Dental Surgery is also known as MDS. It is a postgraduate program for a duration of 3 years. The course looks into enhancing the understanding of dental problems. The course is suitable for those who have finished their BDS course. The course includes the study of the different specialisations, mouth and teeth problems and other related problems. Some of the specialisation options are:
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Conservative Dental Sciences.
- Oral Pathology.
What is the course structure for MDS?
MDS is a professional degree in the dental field. The course structure comprises main as well as elective subjects. In the program, 2 semesters have computer programming subject. It has topics like java, artificial intelligence, mathematics, operations and programming. The course structure of MDS includes:
- Course subjects.
- Six Semesters.
- Classroom Teaching.
- Practical Training.
- Lab Sessions.
- Dissertation work.
Skills Required in MDS
A Master of Dental Surgery requires in-depth knowledge of oral problems and mouth care. It is important that aspirants possess the necessary skills for taking the course. Some of the skills required for MDS are:
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Willing to work in a dynamic environment.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable with sharp memory.
- Dedication to work.
- Research skills.
- Patience and kindness.
- Leadership Skills.
- Empathetic and ethical.
Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha Fees
The fees structure for the different programs offered at Sharad Pawar Dental College are:
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||Rs 4,75,000||5 years|
|Master of Dental Surgery||Rs 9,25,000||3 years|
- Apart from the above, the fees increase by 5% each year.
- Candidates are also required to submit an undertaking as well as a security deposit of INR 3 LPA during the time of admission.
|Room Type||Fees of Hostel||Amenities|
|Triple A/C Room||Rs 2,00,000||Rs 30,000|
|Triple Non A/C Room||Rs 1,80,000||Rs 20,000|
- The hostel fees include the mess facilities.
- The hostel is compulsory for all the students.
Scholarships are financial assistance and support given to deserving students. Each of the colleges under the Sharad Pawar Group of Institutions awards them to students. The college has a selection committee which shortlists the candidates based on their academics and extracurricular activities. A few of the scholarships given by the institution are:
|Name of Scholarship||% of covering tuition fees||Number of students|
|Datta Meghe Merit cum means scholarship||100%||10|
|OBC/ SBC Category||40%||110|
Apart from the above, State and Central Governments provide scholarships to dental students. Private organizations, private companies and government organizations also offer financial assistance. Some of the scholarships are:
- Scholarships are given by Minority Department.
- Indian Dental Association Scholarships.
- Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shikshan Protsahan Yojana.
How will I fund my education? Will I get a loan? How much loan amount can I get? These are some questions which come to the mind of both the parents and students. Don’t worry. Let me answer your queries. Yes, education loans are available to medical students. The College also has a tie-up with various banks to make loans available at reasonable rates of interest.
How to apply for an education loan?
The procedure for getting an education loan is:
Step 1: Go to the bank website.
Step 2: Fill in your details in the application form for getting a loan.
Step 3: Once the application form is completed, a representative of the bank will help you with the completion of the process.
Step 4: Finally, you need to complete the documentation for the disbursement of loans.
Documents needed for loan
Education loans are offered to students based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria. If you satisfy the requirements, then you are required to visit the branch of the bank with the necessary documents. Some of the documents required for loans are:
- 10th and 12th Standard Marksheets and Passing Certificate.
- KYC Documents.
- Admission letter from the institution.
- Bank statements for the last 6 months.
- Fees Payment Schedule.
- Guarantor Form.
Payment Method Options
Payment Methods are the techniques used for fee payment. Are the methods safe? Yes, these methods are convenient and secure. Nowadays, the college makes these options available to ease the procedure and also reduce the time. Different payment methods available are:
- Debit Card.
- Credit Card.
- Demand Draft.
- Payment through UPI gateway.
Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha Placements
Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha has a dedicated training and placement department which looks at placement activities. The main objective is to make the students employable as well as give them job opportunities. It organises guest lectures, skill training programs, workshops and seminars. Apart from this, the cell manages to facilitate industry interaction to be updated with the latest developments in the field.
The placement cell works around the year to ensure that the students get final placements and internships in the top hospitals in the country. Some of its objectives are:
- To help in organizing placement-related activities.
- Assist the students by providing career guidance.
- Conduct recruitment drives for placements and internships.
- Facilitate compiling a database of the students.
Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha is known to have an industry interface for career enhancement programs. Some of the training activities conducted by the college are:
- Various industries have to tie up with the institution to provide industry-oriented programs, projects, guest lectures, seminars and workshops.
- With the sole objective to meet the industry requirements, the students are groomed through intense training and mock interviews.
- The college has got a collaboration with the research department to provide knowledge and guidance so that they become successful entrepreneurs.
- The placement process is an ongoing process, where the placement cell works towards the placement of the students.
- The institution has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with top organizations and companies.
Some of the top recruiters for the dental students at Sharad Pawar Dental College are:
|Fortis Hospital||KIngsway Hospital||American Oncology Institute||Jehangir Hospital|
|Suraj Eye Institute||Aditya Birla Hospital||Apollo Hospital||Care Hospital|
|National Cancer Institute||Mother and Child care Hospital||AMRI Hospital||Lenskart|
|Titan eyeplus||Amazon||IBM||HCL Technologies|
What types of jobs will I get after BDS? This is the question which comes to mind of every graduate. A career is of utmost importance for everyone. BDS course has gained popularity these days as MBBS is very expensive. Nowadays, an immense number of opportunities are available for graduates and postgraduates within the country as well as abroad. It is considered to be well respected and handsomely paid. A few of the job profiles available are:
- Dental Surgeon.
- Dental Assistant.
- Sales Representative.
- Lab Technician.
- Forensic Assistant.
- Oral Pathologist.
- Lecturer or Assistant Professor.
BDS course gets placements in the top hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, research institutions, schools and colleges. They are offered lucrative packages as per the experience. The minimum packages differ from one industry to another. Packages start from a minimum of around Rs 2 LPA to a maximum of Rs 7 LPA. Various packages offered are:
|Minimum Salary Package||INR 3 LPA|
|Average Salary Package||INR 2 LPA|
|Maximum Salary Package||INR 7 LPA|
Sharad Pawar Dental College Rankings
Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha is among the top colleges for dental sciences in the state of Maharastra. Its courses are approved by the Dental Council of India and are affiliated with Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha. The College has been awarded awards and recognitions. Some of them are:
- It got 4th rank in the All India Category in the Medical and Dental Category.
- In the QS I- GAUGE rating, the institution got a diamond rating.
- American Heart Association has been accredited for its international training centre for emergency services.
- Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha got NAAC A+ Accreditation.
- Certificate of Accreditation from NABL.
- The College has got a certificate of recognition from the Atal Ranking of Institutions in Innovation Achievements.
- BSCIC Certificate for Quality Management System.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha finds its place on a 125-acre campus, which is located at Wardha which is 80 km from Nagpur. It is geographically placed on the outskirts of the city. It attracts students from across the country. The institution provides a quiet and serene environment for them to stay and study. Wardha is well connected by rail, road and air through Nagpur city. It has an international airport which connects to countries worldwide. The facilities offered within the campus are:
The college has hostels for boys and girls. Each hostel has a single room, double room and triple rooms. The rooms are allotted by the warden on a first come first serve basis. The rooms are well furnished with a clean drinking water facility. Security is available round the clock to ensure safety and security.
Each of the hostels has a separate mess for the students. Mess fees are charged separately from the students. Different types of cuisines are prepared in modernised and clean kitchens. The menu is prepared with the help of student committee members. Health and well-being are a priority of experienced chefs.
The library at Sharad Pawar Dental College is located in an area of 837 square feet. It has 6039 textbooks, 4824 reference books, 1725 General Books and 278 National and international journals. The library staff is experienced as well as qualified. It remains open to the staff and students. The institution has subscribed to the e-library. Graduate, post-graduate students, and faculty members are given access to the resources.
It has a reading room where they can study and research in a quiet environment. Other facilities such as internet access, printing and scanning are available.
The auditorium at the college is where the conference, workshop and seminar take place. It can accommodate 100 people. Cultural activities and the college fest happen here.
The campus has indoor and outdoor games facilities for the students. Participation in tournaments is encouraged by the institution. Games facilities for cricket, football, volleyball, basketball and throwball are available within the campus.
Sharad Pawar Dental College Wardha has various clubs for students. They get encouragement to participate in club activities and develop their interests and hobbies.
College Contact Details
- Address: Sawangi (Meghe), Wardha- 442107, Maharashtra, India.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the courses offered by the college?
The college offers undergraduate, BDS and postgraduate MDS courses.
2. Are the courses approved?
Yes, the courses are approved by the Dental Council of India.
3. Which university is the institution affiliated with?
The institution is affiliated with Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha.
4. How many BDS seats does Maharastra have?
Maharashtra has 2300 seats for BDS.
5. Does the college have a hostel facility?
Yes, the college has hostels for boys and girls.
6. How much is the duration of the BDS program?
BDS Program is an undergraduate course for a duration of 5 years.
7. Does the college have NAAC Accreditation?
Yes, the college has NAAC A+ Accreditation.
8. Are placement facilities provided by the institution?
Yes, the institution provides placement facilities for all students.
If you are looking out to gather information on another dental college, you can click and follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
One Humble Ask To Our Readers:
It gives me immense pleasure to know that you are finding our posts informative and useful. Just take some time to write a review about the college in the comments section. Your views can help in deciding the future of upcoming dentists.