We are delighted to welcome you to the series of blogs on management colleges in the country! Students and parents find themselves under tremendous stress while searching for the best management colleges in the country. So, we are providing services that help students and parents know more about the management colleges in our country. In this series of blogs on management colleges, we provide genuine content on college facilities, fee structure, and placement opportunities. In today’s article, let us discuss SJES College Of Management Studies Bangalore. Students who are looking for the best management college can go through the blog till the very end.
Table of Contents
- SJES College Of Management Studies Bangalore Overview
- SJES College Of Management Studies Bangalore Admission
- SJES College Of Management Studies Bangalore Courses Offered
- BBA (Bachelor Of Business Administration)
- B.Com (Bachelor Of Commerce)
- BHM (Bachelor Of Hotel Management)
- BBA In Aviation Management
- BBA in Aviation And Logistics Management
- BBA In Tourism And Travel
- BBA In Tourism And Hospitality
- Bachelor Of Computer Applications Or BCA With Cloud Computing
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- Master Of Commerce (M.Com)
- Master Of Tourism And Travel Management
- SJES College Of Management Studies Bangalore Fees Structure
- Job Opportunities And Scope
- Ranking And Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities
- SJES College Of Management Studies Bangalore Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
SJES College Of Management Studies Bangalore Overview
Founded in the year 1979 by Late Sri. Kaverappa, the Sri Jayachamarajendra Education Society (SJES) is one of the pioneer educational institutions in Bangalore. The college is located at K.R. Puram and is accessible by road. So, one can choose local transportation in the city to reach the college campus.
The institution’s main goal is to provide education to such localities which do not have adequate educational institutions. The college offers courses such as BBm, B.Com, BCA, MBA, M.com, etc., for students who are interested in business and management studies.
|Name||SJES College Of Management Studies|
|Address||Medahalli, Old Madras Road, Bangalore, 560049|
|Affiliated to||Bengaluru North University|
|Approved By||AICTE, New Delhi|
To be a driving force in the education and upliftment of underprivileged individuals, particularly those in rural communities, in pursuit of a more equitable society.
- Their mission is to empower underprivileged individuals, particularly those in rural communities, by providing them with quality education and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- To cultivate creativity and independent thinking among students, creating a supportive learning environment facilitated by their dedicated and qualified faculty members.
- To contribute towards the creation of a more equitable society.
Why choose SJES College Of Management Studies Bangalore?
- Placement Assistance And Internships
The college had set up a Career Guidance and Placement cell within the campus to help students develop skills to face the interviews during placement drives with confidence. The college offers training to students in courses such as communication, aptitude, leadership, personality development, and teamwork. The college engages with top-notch companies to provide students with placement and internship opportunities. Students are also mentored to build up their ventures or start-ups.
- Industrial Visits
The college facilitates study tours and industrial visits to students. This helps them to gain technical knowledge while participating in industrial operations in real time. The students from the college have visited industries such as the Mysore Sandal Oil Factory, Bawa Fish Meal Company, Time of India Press, Celebrations Apparel, NSL Sugars, Conrad Hilton, etc..
- Social Programs
Students are encouraged to participate in social programs to help them develop a sense of responsibility toward society. The NSS unit of the college organizes camps such as tree planting, blood donation, and other CSR activities.
SJES College Of Management Studies Bangalore Admission
- Eligible candidates who want to enrol in any of the business management courses offered by the college can register by submitting an online application.
- Once the application is submitted, the students’ applications will be evaluated. In the case of postgraduate courses, the students may also be contacted for a round of interviews and group discussions.
- The students will be selected on the basis of merit, and PG students, on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam and PI/GD sessions.
- Once selected, students must pay the admission fee to complete the process.
- BBA, B.Com, BHA
- To be eligible to apply for these programs, the candidate has to attend and pass a two-year pre-university course recognized by the Karnataka government or a CBSE-recognized 10+2 course.
- Candidates who have passed an equivalent exam are also eligible to apply.
- To apply for an MBA course in the college, the candidates should pass a Bachelor’s degree with a 10+2+3/4 pattern.
- Students who have passed a Master’s Degree from Bangalore North University or any other recognized University are eligible to apply.
- Eligible candidates have to secure a 50% pass percentage in subjects such as Management, Social Sciences, Engineering/ Technology, Commerce or equivalent. For the candidates belonging to SC/ST, the desired percentage is 45%.
- Candidates who have qualified for a correspondence Bachelor’s or master’s course at any recognized University without a 10+2+3/4 pattern are also eligible to apply.
- Scores of CAT/ CMAT/ PGCET/ MAT are also accepted for admission.
- Master Of Tourism And Travel Management
- Eligible candidates have to pass the 12th grade under a state or CBSE, or ICSE board.
- The students should secure 50% marks in the 10+2 grades to be able to apply for this program.
- To enrol in this course, candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 pattern in any discipline from a recognized university in India or abroad, with a minimum score of 50%, including language courses.
Documents Required for Admission
BBA, B.Com, BHA
- 10th class Mark sheet.
- 12th class Mark sheet.
- Migration Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- Community Certificate(Backward Communities).
- Photographs Of passport size.
- Address proof.
- ID proof.
M.com, Master Of Tourism And Travel Management, and MBA
- 10th class Mark sheet.
- 12th class Mark sheet.
- Certificate of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Birth Certificate.
- Diploma of Community (Backward Communities).
- Certificate of Income ( Economically Backward Classes).
- Photographs Of passport size.
- Address proof.
- ID proof.
SJES College Of Management Studies Bangalore Courses Offered
The following courses are available for students who desire to join SJES College Of Management Studies.
|B.Com (Bachelor Of Commerce)||03|
|BBA (Bachelor Of Business Administration)||03|
|BHM (Bachelor Of Hotel Management)||04|
|BBA In Aviation Management||03|
|BBA in Aviation And Logistics Management||03|
|BBA In Tourism And Travel||03|
|BBA In Tourism And Hospitality||03|
|Bachelor Of Computer Applications Or BCA With Cloud Computing||03|
|MBA (Master Of Business Administration)||2 years|
|Master Of Commerce (M.Com)||2 years|
|Master Of Tourism And Travel Management||5 years|
BBA (Bachelor Of Business Administration)
This course, with a duration of 3 years, helps students acquire knowledge in topics such as business administration, commerce, and management. Students also have frequent industrial visits that allow them to improve their technical knowledge. Guest lectures are also organized by the institution.
B.Com (Bachelor Of Commerce)
If one is keen to learn finance and accountancy, then this is the perfect course to opt for. This course offers students both job opportunities and higher degrees. Students undergo tally training during the coursework. Business lab sessions, as well as investment lab sessions, are also carried out. They also have a BCom with an Aviation and Logistics program that is designed to provide education with a primary focus on aviation and the intricacies of logistics.
BHM (Bachelor Of Hotel Management)
This program is aimed at students who have a passion for culinary arts, catering, and technology. After course completion, graduates are recruited by top companies in the hospitality sector. Students acquire culinary skills and food production event-organizing skills during this course.
BBA In Aviation Management
Apart from business administration, students also gain knowledge in aviation subjects while pursuing this course. Students, as a part of the curriculum, undergo training in business labs, GDS, and investment labs.
BBA in Aviation And Logistics Management
The focus of this course is Aviation and Logistics. Students learn critical inputs regarding GDS, Cargo management, Logistics, and Airline Marketing. They study subjects like production and operations management, management process, e-business, income tax, and languages as well.
BBA In Tourism And Travel
Students pursuing this course can avail of job opportunities in the Travel and Transportation sector, Tourism and Ticketing sector. They study subjects like tourism geography, tourism communication, food and beverage management, tourism activities, tourism marketing, and more.
BBA In Tourism And Hospitality
Students who are inclined to pursue this course can be recruited by top companies with good salaries after completion of the system. The hospitality sector is enlarging every day, and demand for eligible graduates is ever-increasing. Students during the period visit various hotels, vineyards, and other sites as a part of hotel management.
Bachelor Of Computer Applications Or BCA With Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing is one of the evolving sectors of modern technology, and students who opt for this course have great job opportunities in the corporate sector. Students are provided with value-added training in Cyber Security and Cloud Computing. They study techniques like data structures, numerical and statistical methods, CC, EC, database management, C++, operating systems, and more.
MBA (Master of Business Administration)
Most students aspire to pursue an MBA course after graduation, given its demand in the business world. Many businesses, small to big, depending on their managerial staff for day-to-day operations and profits. Students who pursue an MBA course are hired by many companies at administrative posts with decent remuneration.
During the course work, students are taught key concepts of management, business administration, and marketing. Students will have to acquire a critical understanding of the corporate world and how it operates. The college offers specializations in Finance, Marketing, and HR. Students attend guest lectures, visit industries and embark on study tours while pursuing the course on campus.
Master Of Commerce (M.Com)
This course will help students to acquire knowledge in subjects such as economics, accounting, finance, and management. Students pursuing this course are expected to gain in-depth knowledge in subjects such as banking and commerce. M.Com graduates can manage companies daily and hence are recruited by many multinational companies. They study topics like monetary systems, human resource management, softcore communication, risk management, e-commerce, business ethics, accounting, strategic cost management, and so on.
Master Of Tourism And Travel Management
Under this course, students are taken on regular field visits and national and state tours. Students develop great communication and analytical skills that will help them to face any situation. The subjects studied are the geography of tourism in India, hospitality management, fundamentals of food and beverage operations, tourism development, tourism marketing, computer application and IT, and so on.
SJES College Of Management Studies Bangalore Fees Structure
|B.Com (Bachelor Of Commerce)||NA|
|BBA (Bachelor Of Business Administration)||NA|
|BHM (Bachelor Of Hotel Management)||NA|
|BBA In Aviation Management||NA|
|BBA with Aviation And Logistics Management||NA|
|BBA In Tourism And Travel||NA|
|BBA In Tourism And Hospitality||NA|
|Bachelor Of Computer Applications Or BCA With Cloud Computing||NA|
|Master Of Commerce (M.Com)||NA|
|Master Of Tourism And Travel Management||NA|
SJES College of Management Studies Bangalore placements and fees play a crucial role while deciding on the college to join. The fee structure of the college might be on the higher end for certain sections of students. Such students should avail themselves of the scholarship opportunities provided by NGOs or governments. Students are also offered interest-free loans by certain banks. So, instead of giving up on their dreams, students who aspire to pursue courses in SJES College of Management Studies should take advantage of the above-said methods.
Job Opportunities And Scope
The SJES College of Management Studies Bangalore placements are discussed in detail here. The college’s Career Guidance and Placement Cell plays a proactive role in organizing training sessions for students. Students take classes on communication techniques, teamwork, leadership, personality development, and aptitude apart from the regular curriculum. These sessions help students to gain confidence in attending interviews during campus placement drives.
The management world offers a huge opportunity for graduates who study management courses. From finance and banking to hotel management and travel, there are endless possibilities. Students can take up managerial positions and take roles of accounting, analysts, consultants, and more. BCA graduates can also enter the world of software and IT and become programmers and developers.
To enable students to prepare for competitive exams, guidance sessions are also held regularly. The college also organizes Mega Job Fairs. Some of the recruiters that attend the fair are:
- Jubilant Motorworks.
- Pentagon Space.
- HDFC Bank.
- Mandobi Motors Private Limited.
- No Broker.
- Axis Bank.
- Dr Reddy’s Foundation.
- Federal Capital.
Ranking And Recognitions
- Affiliated to Bengaluru North University, the college is one of the renowned management educational institutions in the city of Bangalore.
- SJES College of Management Studies Bangalore is recognized by the Government Of Karnataka.
- Furthermore, the SJES College of Management Studies Bangalore is also approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) , New Delhi.
The college has a hostel facility with both lodging and boarding facilities. 10,000 rupees has to be deposited for the hostel and a monthly fee of 5000 for food and room has to be paid by the students.
The college has a multi-gym facility for students who are conscious of fitness. Students can also play outdoor and indoor sports on campus. The college organizes sports day annually for students to compete at the university and inter-university levels.
The library on campus has large volumes of books, magazines, and journals. The college library is a member of the National Digital Library Network and this helps students to access over two crore knowledge resources.
National Service Scheme
The NSS group participates in several activities, such as blood donation camps, plantation campaigns, etc. These help in cultivating values that will push them to address the needs of society.
Internships and Placement
The placement and career guidance cell of the college helps students to build on their communication skills, personality development, aptitude training, and more. Several workshops and interviews are organized to hone the skills of students.
SJES College Of Management Studies Bangalore Contact Details
- Address: SJES College of Management Studies Bangalore, Medahalli, Old Madras Road, Bangalore, 560049.
Given below is the distance from the SJES College Of Management Studies to the nearest transportation hubs:
- Distance from Kempegowda International Airport: 31.3km (50 min).
- Nearest Railway Station: Hoodi Halt Station (5.6km, 20 min).
- Nearest Bus Terminal: Virgonagar (3.4km, 6 min).
Students stress about getting into the best Management Schools in our country. But researching for the best college among thousands of management colleges in the country needs strenuous efforts and time. So, we provide all the information about various management colleges here! So, follow our blog series for updated information about various management and business colleges in our country.
Do check out my detailed article on SVR College Bangalore.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the eligibility for applying to an undergraduate course at the college?
Only those candidates who have passed the 10+2 exam under a recognized University are eligible to apply for an undergraduate course.
2. Does the SJES College Of Management Studies have a hostel facility?
The college has a hostel that offers boarding and lodging facilities for students.
3. Does the SJES College Of Management Studies offer an MBA course?
Yes, the SJES College of Management Studies Bangalore provides an MBA course.
4. Does the SJES College of Management Studies Bangalore have a placement cell in place?
Yes, the college has a cell for Career Guidance and Placement opportunities for students.
5. How is the library of the SJES College Of Management Studies Bangalore?
The college has a well-equipped library, along with digital resources of over 2 crores. The college has partnered with National Digital Library.
6. Does the SJES College Of Management Studies Bangalore organize cultural activities?
Yes, the SJES College Of Management Studies Bangalore organizes freshers’ parties and sports meets annually.
7. Where is the SJES College Of Management Studies located?
The location of the college is Medahalli, Old Madras Road, Bangalore.
8. Is the SJES College of Management Studies Bangalore affiliated?
Yes, the college is affiliated with Bangalore North University.
Thank you for reading this blog! If you are an alumnus of the SJES College Of Management Studies, then please share your college experience with us in the comments section below! Let Us Meet with another article on Management Colleges in India!