Hello! We warmly welcome all aspiring medical professionals to the blog. Whether you are a recent high school graduate or a college graduate looking to continue your education in the pharmaceutical industry or in the manufacturing and distribution of medicines, you will need to go through the proper training to earn a degree that will help you succeed in your career. This article will provide all the information you need about St Johns Pharmacy College Bangalore and help you understand the courses and college life you may need to experience.
Table of Contents
- St Johns Pharmacy College Overview
- Admission to St Johns College
- Pharmacy Courses Offered
- St Johns Pharmacy Departments
- Program Fees Structure
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Rankings & Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
St Johns Pharmacy College Overview
St Johns Pharmacy College Bangalore opened its doors in 2014 with the primary goal of providing the highest calibre of pharmaceutical education. The campus is conveniently situated in Bengaluru and has a sizable surrounding area that is surrounded by a crowded and welcoming learning environment.
Affiliated with RGUHS, St. Johns Pharmacy College is part of the East-West Group of Institutions, which is known for fostering the holistic development of students. The college’s principles rest on four fundamental aspects, or what they call the “4 D’s” – Dedication, Discipline, Diversity, and Determination.
|St. John’s Pharmacy College
|No.6, 9th Cross, 2nd Main, Hampinagar, Vijayanagar, Bengaluru – 560 104.
|Dr Ravichandra V D
|AICTE and PCI, New Delhi
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka (RGUHS)
|Government of Karnataka
|Boys and Girls
- St Johns Pharmacy College Bangalore has grown in reputation over time for providing students from all socioeconomic classes with value-based education.
- The institution exemplifies a fusion of traditional and contemporary education, where students are given quality information to help them stand out in the competitive world and build their personalities while maintaining the beauty of their minds and intelligence.
- While achieving academic achievement is a top priority, the college is also committed to developing and preparing students for life by assisting them in becoming confident in their talents and contributing members of society.
- They offer students the right opportunity at the right times throughout their lives to make the greatest decisions about their job, education, and life orientation.
- They provide the students with an education that meets an international level to better prepare them for their future.
Vision: To provide quality education in Information Service and Engineering so that the students can help general, specialised, and allied pharmacy professionals in reducing the demands placed on local, state, and federal pharmacy healthcare services.
- To provide patient-centred service and pharmacy healthcare education that is learner-centred.
- To give students a solid foundation in fundamental concepts, analytical abilities, programming, and problem-solving techniques.
- To educate technical knowledge while incorporating practical research skills to support business and societal demands
- To inspire and promote skill-based activities for turning original concepts into functional goods in the present.
- To equip graduates with a blend of social, human, and ethical principles to face career problems.
Why choose St Johns Pharmacy College?
Choosing St Johns Pharmacy College Bangalore may be motivated by the following factors:
- The primary focus of the college is to equip students with pharmaceutical knowledge, experience, and instruction at both the academic level of pharmacy as well as the fiercely competitive worldwide market.
- A pleasurable and straightforward learning experience is made possible by the infrastructural amenities and cutting-edge equipment combined with talented and motivated faculty members.
- By encouraging fresh ideas from many points of view and logical thought to set off true success, the institute’s holistic approach fosters creativity in its pupils.
- The college places a strong emphasis on co-curricular, extra-curricular, sporting, cultural, and volunteer activities in addition to academic ones to completely improve students’ lives.
Anti-ragging and Squad
- In addition to monitoring and supervising the effectiveness in preventing ragging in the institution, the Anti-Ragging Committee assures compliance with the anti-ragging Regulations and any terms of any law now in effect regarding ragging.
- The Anti-Ragging Squad is in charge of upholding vigil, oversight, and patrolling duties actively. The Anti-Ragging Squad conducts surprise raids on hostels and other locations.
Women Welfare Committee
- The committee is in charge of planning health awareness campaigns, resolving women’s-specific problems and grievances, and providing counselling to them.
- It advocates for women’s rights, runs programmes, inspires and guides female students to recognise their abilities, and creates a multidisciplinary strategy for comprehensive personality development.
- Additionally, it arranges seminars and workshops on women’s empowerment and advises women on welfare legislation.
- The cell was established to protect the students by offering preventive measures, to end any form of bias or mistreatment against any college student.
- They provide equal opportunities to everyone inside its fold, regardless of caste, religion, language, or basis for gender.
- Every person on campus is guaranteed equal rights, and any conduct or expression that undermines social harmony is taken seriously and dealt with by the institution as it provides instruction.
- If any of these problems are discovered, they must be reported through an email to the Anti-Discrimination cell authorities.
Admission to St Johns College
The following are the programmes that are offered at the college:
|Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm)
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)- Lateral
- D. Pharm.
The PUC/10+2 or an equivalent examination with a passing grade and any combination of PCM/PCB/PCMB/PCMC’s/PCME is the essential requirement for admission to the Diploma in Pharmacy programme.
- B. Pharm.
A passing grade in PUC/10+2 or an equivalent exam with a minimum of 40% marks in any combination of PCM/PCB/PCMB/PCMC’s/PCME is necessary for admission into the Bachelor of Pharmacy programme.
- B. Pharm (Lateral Entry).
The PUC/10+2 or an equivalent exam must be passed with a minimum of 40% of the total marks for admission to the Bachelor of Pharmacy programme Lateral course.
The process for St John’s Pharmacy College admission 2022 is as follows:
In addition to their application, Demand drafts/bank drafts/ checks for the amount of Rs. 500 are required for Indian applicants. In addition to their application, foreign applicants must pay a 15 USD Demand Draft or Bank Draft.
The college brochure will be mailed to the provided address once the above payment has been received. You will get to know about the further process through college authorities after you complete these two steps.
The students must have the following documents with them during the time of admission:
- Certificate of Birth.
- 10+2 PUC Certificate, or certificate of an equivalent examination.
- ST/SC/Backward Class Certificate, if applicable.
- Passport-size photographs.
- Government IDs such as Aadhar Card.
- Any documents that the college authorities deem necessary.
For B. Pharm (Lateral Entry) candidates- a valid D. Pharm degree with a passing grade of 40%
The college provides a comprehensive list of documents that they require once you begin the process of admission. You can directly speak to the college administration regarding the same, or get in touch with us so that we can help you out.
Pharmacy Courses Offered
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B Pharm)
Chemistry, human biology and physiology, pharmaceutics (how pharmaceuticals are created), and pharmacology are frequently covered in pharmacy courses (how drugs interact with the body).
- The majority of pharmacy degrees integrate academic study with more practical training and professional pharmacy abilities, like understanding legal and ethical dilemmas and how to communicate with patients.
- You will gain a thorough understanding of prescriptions, pharmaceuticals, and clinical practise and practice responding to various scenarios.
- You might have the chance to focus on a specific sort of role (such as patient care or the research of new medicines) or a specific area of medical care when you study pharmacy.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)- Lateral Entry.
Nothing is more important than expanding one’s knowledge and becoming more versatile as a student and a professional. This course is excellent for students who have completed their diploma degree in pharmacy and aspire to continue their education. Students join the degree in the 2nd year of the B.Pharm program and gain a more in-depth knowledge of the science of the technicality of the field.
Diploma in Pharmacy (D Pharm)
The diploma programme at St John’s is an excellent course if you wish to get the minimum qualification to work as a professional in this field. The 2-year long degree teaches students all the important aspects of the pharmaceutical industry.
Here are some of the subjects that are covered in these degrees.
- Human anatomy and physiology.
- Pharmaceutical analysis.
- Organic and inorganic chemistry.
- Pharmaceutical biotechnology.
- Pharmaceutical jurisprudence.
- Pharmaceutical marketing management.
- Social and preventive pharmacy.
- Hospital pharmacy.
- Industrial pharmacy.
- Pharmaceutical Covigilance.
- Cosmetic science… and more.
The curriculum is curated by RGUHS and PCI, and they keep updating the syllabus with time. The curriculum is designed in a way that teaches students to learn the fundamentals of pharmaceutics as well as makes them aware of all the important aspects that help on the professional front.
St Johns Pharmacy Departments
Program Fees Structure
The St John College of Pharmacy Fees structure is represented through the table given below:
|Annual Fees (INR)
|Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharm)
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm)
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm) – Lateral
The purpose of a student loan is to help cover a student’s college fees. Anyone can apply for a student /education loan from the college’s partner bank. In India, there are four categories of educational loans.
- Undergraduate student loans
These are granted to students who have completed their secondary education and are looking to pursue undergrad studies. You can carry it out in India or overseas.
- Post-graduate student loans
These are loans for higher education granted to people who desire to pursue a post-graduate degree after completing an undergraduate programme at a reputable university or college. Also, in this case, the loan may be used for studying in India or overseas.
- Parents obtaining a loan for their child’s education
This situation involves parents obtaining a loan for their children’s education. This is an unsecured loan that can be used for elementary and secondary school courses in addition to graduate and post-graduate work.
If you are experiencing financial troubles and feel overloaded by the weight of your financial issues, a student loan would be a recommended solution. You won’t need to worry about making EMI payments until the moratorium period is finished because college loan programmes feature low-interest rates and a moratorium period. You could just focus on your study without worrying about money if you take this course.
Placements & Career Opportunities
It is well acknowledged that one of the most crucial parts of an institution is its training and placement cell.
This programme is a crucial component of a developed and competitive institution. A dedicated group of professionals work at the St John College of Pharmacy Placement & training cell and are always willing to offer students excellent advice.
Roles of placement cell
The placement cell has strong connections with the business community. In order for the students to attain a great place in their professional careers, it regularly seeks advice from the industry and guarantees that students are polished to the necessary level.
The goal of conducting the training and placement for students is to help them land suitable and well-paying jobs in the sector’s leading organisations. Most students start their employment well before they graduate since the placement cell holds a stellar track record of placing students.
They also strive to involve students in the daily planning, organisation, and execution of Training and Placement activities.
- This cell takes care of the fundamental requirements of the business sector. Along with placement assistance, Cell places a strong emphasis on preparing students by educating them about current market trends so that they are prepared to meet today’s industry difficulties.
- To support students in their efforts to build creativity, solid ethical nature, technological aptitude, and effective leadership skills.
- Community Pharmacists
They oversee the safety of pharmaceuticals at every stage of the medication-use process, from ordering to storage, transcribing, preparation, dispensing, counselling, and more. They do a clinical examination of prescribed medications before dispensing them to make sure the therapies are suitable.
- Hospital Pharmacists
They are a part of the medical staff at hospitals and are involved in developing medical products for patient use, performing clinical studies, assessing medication consumption, counselling patients, and offering drug information and guidance to healthcare professionals and the community. They often interact with the general public and other healthcare professionals.
- Health-Care Administration
In hospitals and other healthcare facilities, a healthcare administrator is in charge of managing the daily administrative tasks. Their primary task is organising and supervising all medical services. Among the responsibilities are maintaining medical records and monitoring finances. A thorough understanding of medical terminology and healthcare laws is necessary for this position.
- Production Chemist
Research and lab tests are carried out by a production chemist to find chemical resources that help manufacture medical industrial goods and services. Production chemists plan out efficient ways to maximise the efficiency and quality of the product while adhering to legal and safety requirements. To ensure their safety and lessen their impact on the environment, they also do quality tests on the components.
- Medical Representatives
Are generally called pharmaceutical sales representatives or medical sales representatives, who market and sell the pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter drugs, and medical equipment of their respective companies. To spread the word about a specific medical good, they employ a variety of tactics.
- Health Inspector
Government entities at the municipal, state, and federal levels employ Health inspectors. They monitor and examine any health risks. Restaurants, public swimming pools, educational institutions, nursing homes, and daycare facilities may all be subject to inspections. They are thoroughly assessed by health inspectors, who will then determine whether additional steps to eliminate potential threats are required.
- eHealth Network Solutions Private Limited.
- Wonmed Pharma Agencies Private Limited.
- Apolo Hospital Enterprise limited.
- Vaidurya Lifesciences Private Limited.
Rankings & Achievements
- AICTE approval has been granted to St Johns Pharmacy College in Bangalore.
- In addition to having a successful teaching approach, the Institute is a frontrunner in training and Research.
- There is a strong emphasis on extracurricular activities, links with other countries and infrastructure, all of which demonstrate that their aim for students goes beyond academic goals.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The institution includes well-equipped laboratories where students can conduct experiments for their diploma, bachelor and doctoral pharmacy programmes.
It is a location for the information and resource centre for education. The best way to describe it is as a “home of knowledge” that quickly offers professionals and students a vast array of resources where learning thrives.
Table tennis, badminton, carom, chess, and other games are available at the St Johns Pharmacy College Bangalore indoor and outdoor sports facilities. Tournaments for sports including basketball, cricket, kho-kho, kabaddi, netball, and throw-ball are ideal on the large outdoor field.
To facilitate events and activities, rehearsals, and performances, the college has access to an auditorium and a seminar room. Various cultural events are supported and encouraged by the institute to allow the students to showcase their abilities.
For both boys and girls, the college offers separate, cosy, and hygienic on-campus housing options. To surpass the comforts of home, they have been working to improve the hostel now and then.
The students’ well-being is the institute’s priority. Because of this, the transportation facility is perfectly equipped to offer the safest and most practical transportation option. The college has a fleet of buses that offers first-rate transportation services.
College Contact Details
Address: No.6, 9th Cross, 2nd Main, Hampinagar, Vijayanagar, Bengaluru – 560 104.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Number: +9180-23350035 /(Principal) +91 9886127061/ (Director-Admissions) +91 9448224779.
We know that preparing for your board exams, admission examinations, and future academic plans might be stressful. We provide services that are only intended for students who are looking to enrol in the university that most closely matches their interests because we are aware of this. When you get in touch with us, we’ll simplify the admissions process and make it simple for you to move on to the next phase of your life.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What programmes does St Johns Pharmacy College Bangalore offer?
The institute offers a Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm), Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) and Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) – Lateral.
2. How is campus life at the institute?
The institute offers the best facilities and a great environment where you can easily focus on achieving your personal goals and train for professional growth.
3. Is it a government college?
No, it is a Private college.
4. Do women get equal opportunities at this institute?
Women at this college do indeed have equal opportunities. They are welcome to take part in and direct the many sports and activities performed at this college. An organisation called the Women's Welfare Committee watches out for the rights and equality of all female students and ensures that no one is discriminating against them.
5. Do they provide safe transportation facilities?
Yes, The transportation facility has all the necessary equipment to provide the best possible transit choice, both in terms of safety and convenience. A fleet of top-notch buses owned by the college provides excellent transportation services.
6. Do they offer training for job placement?
Yes, they provide their pupils with the education they need to get the jobs they want.
7. What kind of hostel facilities do they offer?
The college provides separate, comfortable, and hygienic on-campus living alternatives with internet and mess facilities for both boys and females.
8. What is the duration of the B. Pharm Course?
The course takes 4 years to be completed.
If you’re looking to check out another pharmacy college, you can click and follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Sincere Request:
It is crucial that applicants receive honest evaluations of their education if they hope to build a strong basis for their professional lives. We’re dedicated to creating a platform that satisfies all of their informational needs. You might be able to help us if you read the comments. Add a review in the comments section if you have a personal or professional connection to the institute. We appreciate your assistance!