Hi guys! Hope that all of you are doing well. It’s time to get ready for writing the entrance examinations to the courses which you are likely to choose for the future. There must be lots of discussions going on with your parents as to what will be your career or course such as Medicine, Nursing, Paramedical, Ayurveda Homeopathy, and so on. No worries! I am here to help you and guide you for getting you the best college, which you deserve. To continue, I am going to tell you more about Yenepoya Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore. It is among the best colleges for Homeopathy courses.
Table of Contents
- Yenepoya Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore Overview
- Courses Offered
- Career after completing BHMS
- What to do after BHMS Course?
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- Admission Procedure for Yenepoya Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore
- Placements at Yenepoya Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore
- Facilities available
- Departments and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
Yenepoya Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore Overview
Yenepoya University is a well-known University known for providing standard education in the Medical Sciences field. To take another step ahead and to add a new stream, homeopathy which is the second most sought-after course after Allopathy got added to the Group of Institutions. The AYUSH system of medicine was the Holistic approach to medicine. The college was founded in February 2015 by inaugurating its first unit, Yenepoya Homeopathic Treatment Centre. After which, Indoor Facilities were added with the Indoor Facilities in August 2015.
The campus was located at Naringana in the jurisdiction of Deralakatte in the outskirts of Mangalore within the campus of thirty-seven acres, which provides the infrastructure facilities according to the norms of the Statutory Bodies and Department of Ayush, Government of India. The location of the college is at S. No 28, 29, 31, Naringana, Manjanady Taluk: Bantwal, Post: Deralakatte, Mangalore 575018, District: Dakshina Kannada.
The Principal/Dean of the college is Dr.Vivekanand V. Vernekar. His team of experienced, knowledgeable, and qualified faculties are present on campus to monitor, mentor, and train the students to become healthcare professionals. The faculties at Yenepoya Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital are:
- Vijayandra V. Itagi – Professor.
- Melita Alva – Associate Professor.
- Apeksha S Bhandary – Assistant Professor.
- A. Vincer George – Professor.
- Tom Alexander – Assistant Professor.
- Shilpi Rastogi – Professor.
- Vishnu T. M – Assistant Professor.
- Jenita Rosario Fernandes – Professor.
- Riswana A – Assistant Professor.
- Sushrutha. K – Assistant Professor.
- Jaideep Desai – Professor.
- Sneha John – Assistant Professor and many more.
Medicine is considered to be the noblest and most respected profession. It is among the branches of holistic systems of medicine, which comes under the system of AYUSH. Homeopathy is ranked the second largest system of medicine having around four hundred and fifty million patients throughout the world.
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery is also known as BHMS. It is an undergraduate course for a duration of five and a half years. It includes one year of compulsory internship. It comes under the Department of AYUSH, Government of India which is governed by the Central Council of Homeopathy as its Regulations as per MSR 2013.
BHMS Course is a five-year course. The first year has Pre-Clinical Subjects. The second-year has Para-Clinical Subjects. The third and the fourth year have Clinical Subjects. Fifth-year has one year of compulsory internship.
The course curriculum of the Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery BHMS comprises the following subjects:
Basic Medical Subjects
- Physiology and Biochemistry.
- Pathology and Microbiology.
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
- Medicine includes Pediatrics along with Homeopathic Therapeutics.
- Genecology & Obstetrics along with Homeopathic Therapeutics.
- Surgery includes Orthopedic, ENT, Ophthalmology, and Dentistry with Homeopathic Therapeutics.
- Community Medicine.
Subjects in Homeopathy
- Materia Medica and Therapeutics.
- Organon of Medicine and Philosophy.
- Homeopathic Pharmacy.
- Homeopathic Repertory.
Career after completing BHMS
BHMS has become a popular course with an immense number of opportunities opening in India and abroad. Here are some of the career options which are available:
- Independent Medical Practice by setting up a private clinic as a Homeopathic Surgeon.
- Working in Government Homeopathic Hospitals and Dispensaries.
- Working in research centers.
- To do Homeopathic Manufacturing.
- To do Homeopathy Pharmacy.
- Doctor at Homeopathic Hospitals or Private Institutions.
- Corporate Clinics.
- Doctor at LIC, Private Industries, and other similar organizations.
- Teaching in Homeopathy.
What to do after BHMS Course?
If you are looking to take up higher studies after finishing your BHMS course. You can go for the following options for higher studies:
- M.D (Hom.) Post Graduate in Homeopathy in different streams.
- Ph.D. (Hom.).
- Post Graduate in Medical Subjects.
- Post Graduate in Hospital Administration or Management.
- Civil Services like IAS.
Students looking for getting admission to BHMS, need to fulfill the eligibility criteria:
- Must have passed 12th Standard/PUC/10 +2 Standard examination from a recognized board or college or university.
- The combined score of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology along with English as elective and compulsory subjects must be fifty percent.
- Should have written the NEET entrance examination.
- The minimum age of the student should be seventeen years of age as of 31st December on the year of admissions.
- The student must be physically fit to undergo the course.
The documents required for BHMS during the time of admissions are:
- 10th Standard Mark sheets and Passing Certificate.
- 12th Standard/PUC/10 +2 standard Mark sheets and Passing Certificate.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Certificate of Conduct from the last attended institution.
- AYUSH allotment letter/NEET Score Card/Admit Card issued by NTA.
- Eligibility Certificate from Yenepoya University (For students who have studied other than P.U.C in Karnataka).
- Medical Fitness Certificate from a recognized Medical Practitioner.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate along with income certificate.
- Aadhar Card Copy.
- Recent Four Passport Size Photos and Four Stamp Size Photos.
- Two sets of the attested copies of Passport (For international students).
- Passport Copy/Sponsorship Affidavit (stating that the sponsor is ready to bear the expenses for the whole duration of the study) for the NRI Sponsored Candidates.
Note-Keep three to four sets of photocopies ready to be produced along with the originals during the time of admissions.
Admission Procedure for Yenepoya Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore
The admission procedure for various courses at Yenepoya Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore is available on the website. Please follow the steps to complete the admission process:
- Go to the” Apply Now” button and choose your preferred course and college.
- Register yourself with the correct details.
- Fill in the application form with the necessary details and upload the documents.
- Download the completed application form and pay the application fees.
|Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS).||Five and half years (including one year of internship).||Must have passed PUC/12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English with fifty percent.|
At any time during the filing of the application form, if you face any difficulty, please drop a message or give me a call. I will guide you through the complete admission process.
Placements at Yenepoya Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore
The employment and placement cell looks into getting all the students placed in different areas in the healthcare field. The students get groomed by the guest lectures, workshops, seminars, and training. It helps them in gaining more self-confidence while facing the interviews and becoming ready for a career in the healthcare field.
Yeneopaya University has got a mesmerizing, beautiful, and serene campus located in the city of Mangalore. There are excellent infrastructure facilities provided for the students. They are made to feel at home even while being far away from their native place. The facilities available are:
The campus provides residential accommodation to the students who are admitted to the regular courses. It is compulsory for the students at Yenepoya University. Students who are staying within a ten kilometers radius are allowed to stay along with their parents. The hostel warden is in charge of taking care of the hostels. He appoints floor representatives for each semester. The rules and regulations of the hostel must be strictly followed by the students.
The library at Yenepoya plays an important role in teaching, learning, and research programs. It has fifty-three thousand books, two hundred and twenty printed journals which include one hundred and twenty-four national and ninety-six international journals, two thousand five hundred e-resources, and over two thousand thesis and dissertations.
The main purpose of the Department of Physical Education At Yenepoya University is to ensure that physical fitness and activities become an important part of life. Activities that promote physical leisure in the spare time, help in providing health benefits. The various sports facilities available are:
- Multipurpose Hall.
- Standard Basketball Court.
- Shuttle Badminton Court.
- Volleyball Court.
- Table Tennis.
- Squash Court.
- Board Games.
- Air Conditioned Fitness Centre.
- Mini Theatre.
Various clinical facilities on campus are:
- Specialty OPDs.
- Operation Theatre.
- Labor Theatre.
- Clinical Laboratory.
Information and Communication Technology
ICT Section at the Yenepoya Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore manages state-of-the-art infrastructure and secure access to help in supporting teaching, learning, research as well as administrative functions. The facilities of ICT at the campus are:
- Wireless Internet.
- Gigabit campus backbone network (LAN).
- Student Information Systems.
- Document Management Systems.
- Hospital Management and Information Systems.
Departments and Research
Research helps in fostering professional excellence in order to keep up with the rapid growth in the use of scientific knowledge. The Research Centre at Yenepoya has played a vital role in providing new methods, ideas, techniques, and innovation across various multi-disciplinary areas for the students. It offers support and training at undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral as well as post-doctoral levels.
The various departments at Yenepoya Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore are:
- Department of Anatomy.
- Department of Homeopathic Pharmacy.
- Department of Physiology with Biochemistry.
- Department of Materia Medica.
- Department of Organon of Medicine.
- Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
- Department of Pathology and Microbiology.
- Department of Surgery.
- Department of Obstetrics and Genecology.
- Department of Practice of Medicine.
- Department of Community Medicine.
- Department of Repertory.
I have put lots of effort and time, into collecting information about the college. I went to visit the institution and talked to the students and the faculty members, about how the college is in terms of academics, course structure, placements, and so on. Yenepoya Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore are among the best known for their courses, infrastructure as well as faculty members. To know more, please visit http://www.rguhs.ac.in/.
Post your questions to me in the comment box below or call me. I will definitely revert soon. If you are an alumnus of the college, please write a review about the college so that it can be helpful to others.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What can a BHMS Doctor do?
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery or BHMS is an undergraduate-level program. It is a course for a duration of five and half years which includes one year of internship. It mainly covers the knowledge of the system of homeopathy.
2. Can I do BHMS without NEET?
No, you cannot take admission to BHMS in any private college of any state without the NEET examination. No university, college, or deemed university does not take admission without NEET examination.
3. What will a BHMS Doctor earn after doing MD in India?
There is no fixed salary for a homeopathic doctor in India. When he/she is doing private practice, they can earn around thirty thousand to around two lakhs. But in other places like hospitals and research centers, the salary varies according to the type of the organization and the amount of experience.
4. Is it difficult to study BHMS?
No, it is not to study any course. BHMS has almost similar subjects to MBBS. In the end, it purely is dependent on your interest and liking. Initially, you might find the subjects a bit difficult, but slowly when you develop an interest it will become easier.
5. Does NEET Marks matter for getting admission to BHMS?
Yes, writing the NEET examination and having the NEET Scorecard is a mandatory eligibility criterion for getting admission to BHMS and Medical as well as Allied Courses.
6. Can I practice abroad after completing BHMS?
Yes, there are a vast amount of career opportunities which are available in India and abroad. Many companies which are in the manufacturing and the research field abroad require professionals from the homeopathic field.
7. Can I do Genecology after BHMS?
Yes, after completing BHMS, you can apply for a Diploma in Genecology. The Diploma in Gynecology and Obstetrics is a three-year full-time Diploma Program.
- Sri Satya Sai College of Homeopathic Medical Science Dharwad
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case if you are a student or alumni of Yenepoya Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital Mangalore, then please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.