|Apply for Admission 2022-23
Welcome back to my posts on the nursing colleges in Bangalore. I hope you are liking the posts and sharing them with your near and dear ones. There are exams approaching and you are trying to figure out which career will be best for you. Don’t worry, I will suggest to you the best college as per your requirement. In today’s post, I am going to talk about Zulekha Nursing College Mangalore. It is among the well-known colleges in the city of Mangalore. I will tell you more about the college.
Table of Contents
- Zulekha Nursing College Mangalore Overview
- Courses available
- Documents needed
- Admissions 2022-23 at Zulekha Nursing College Mangalore
- Zulekha Nursing College Mangalore Fees Structure
- Placements at Zulekha Nursing College Mangalore
- Campus life
- Departments and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
Zulekha Nursing College Mangalore Overview
Zulekha Nursing College is one of the institutions which come under the Yenopaya Group of Institutions. It was established in the year 2006. Their main aim is to prepare nursing professionals to meet the health needs of society with values like dedication, competence, and commitment.
The institute has a parent hospital called Yenopaya Speciality Hospital, which comes under the leadership and guidance of the Chairman Mr.Y.Abdulla Kunhi. The hospital has two hundred and fifty beds with modern equipment and nursing professionals. Dr.Muhammed Thahir is the Director of Medical operations, Mr. Abdulla Javed is the Director of operations and Dr.R.Kanagavalli is the Principal of Zulekha Nursing College.
The college is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. It is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi, and Karnataka State Nursing Council, Bangalore. it is located at the Zulekha Complex, Bibi Alabi Road, in Mangaluru-575001. Zulekha Nursing College started the B.Sc. Nursing course in the year 2006 and M.Sc. Nursing in the year 2013 to help the healthcare industry.
Nursing is considered a selfless profession that involves a lot of patience and dedication toward the service of humanity. Nurses must have compassion and kindness towards the community. In today’s world, nurses are in high demand in our country as well as abroad because there is always a dearth of nurses who can provide holistic care.
Zulekha Nursing College offers bachelor’s and master’s degree courses such as Bachelor of Science in Nursing(B.Sc. Nursing) and Masters of Science in Nursing(M.Sc. Nursing).
B.Sc. Nursing at Zulekha Nursing College Mangalore
B.Sc. Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a course for a duration of four years. The student intake for the course is sixty students per year. The academic session begins in the month of October.
M.Sc. Nursing at Zulekha Nursing College Mangalore
M.Sc. Nursing or Master of Science in Nursing is a master’s level course for a duration of two years. The yearly intake of students is four students per specialization. The academic session for the course begins in October. The specializations offered are:
- Medical-Surgical Nursing.
- Community Health Nursing.
- Child Health Nursing.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing.
- Mental Health Nursing.
The underlying eligibility criteria for getting admission to B.Sc. Nursing are:
- The candidate must have passed PUC/12th Standard or its equivalent from RGUHS, with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- Must have a minimum score of forty-five percent in Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) in the English language.
- For students belonging to SC/ST, the minimum aggregate score must be forty percent.
- Students who have completed vocational courses from the State Government of Kerala with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English, which is equivalent to the 12th standard examination or from Karnataka state Pre-university examination starting from the academic year 2005-06 onwards. Marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology will be considered as eligibility for B.Sc. Nursing.
- Must have completed seventeen years of age at the time of getting admission or will complete on or before 31st December on the year of admission.
The eligibility criteria for getting admission to M.Sc. Nursing is:
- Candidate must have passed B.Sc. Nursing or B.Sc. Hons.Nursing or Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing with a minimum of at least fifty-five percent in aggregate.
- The degree of B.Sc. Nursing or B.sc Hons.Nursing OR Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing must be recognized by the Indian Nursing Council.
- Must be a Registered Nurse and midwife or its equivalent with any State Nursing Council.
- Should have one year of experience working after completing B.SC nursing in a Hospital Nursing Educational Institute or Community Health Nursing.
- Must have one-year work experience before or after Post Basic B.SC nursing.
- Five percent of relaxation may be given to SC/ST candidates.
- Should be fit for the course.
The documents that you are required to carry during the time of admission are:
- 10th Standard/HSC Mark sheet.
- 12th Standard/SSC Mark sheet.
- 10th Standard Passing Certificate.
- 12th Standard Passing Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate or TC.
- Caste or Community Certificate. (If applicable).
- Recent photographs.
- Aadhar Card.
The necessary documents required for M.Sc. Nursing are:
- Mark sheet of B.Sc. Nursing or B.Sc. Hons.Nursing or Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Passing Certificate of B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons.Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Registration Certificate from any State Nursing Council.
- Work experience certificate.
- Transfer Certificate or TC.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste or Community Certificate (if applicable).
- Physical Fitness Certificate from an Authorized Government Medical Officer.
- Copy of the Aadhar Card.
- Recent photographs.
Admissions 2022-23 at Zulekha Nursing College Mangalore
Application forms for the courses available at Zulekha Nursing College can be downloaded from the website. Here are a few steps which you need to follow:
How can you apply?
- A requisition needs to be sent to the Principal, Zulekha Nursing College, Bibi Alabi Road, Mangaluru with cash or a Demand Draft of Five hundred rupees drawn in favor of Zulekha Nursing College.
- The form must be filled correctly in his/her own handwriting.
- After completion of the form, it must be sent to the address mentioned above with the required documents.
- Photocopies of the original documents which are duly attested by a Gazetted Officer must be enclosed with the application form:
- Domicile or nationality certificate if there is any change of domicile.
- Mark sheets of SSLC and 12th
- Eight latest passport size colored photographs.
- Certificate of Conduct.
- Birth Certificate.
- Certificate of Physical Fitness from an Authorized Medical Practitioner.
- OBC/SC/ST certificate (if applicable).
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Eligibility Certificate from RGUHS, Bangalore (For students who are not from Karnataka).
- If any of the certificates are not in English, then it has to be translated into English and has to be attested by the respective Principal of the last college attended.
- A self-addressed envelope with a postal stamp has to be sent along with the application for intimating the interview date and time.
- The students are required to attend an interview which will be conducted by the college. You will be notified by the college.
- Students who are awaiting their PUC/PDC results can also apply.
- Interview call letters and originals must be carried out at the time of the interview.
- Students who are selected provisionally will have to undergo a medical examination. If they are found unfit, they will be disqualified.
Provisional Admission and Fees
- Once the provisional admission is done, fees must be paid.
- All the documents in originals must be submitted.
- Eligibility certificate must be submitted from RGUHS, Bangalore.
- Medical fitness clearance is also required.
Zulekha Nursing College Mangalore Fees Structure
If you want to know about the course fee structure of the various courses at Zulekha Nursing College, you can call us and we will guide you through the break-up of the course fees.
Placements at Zulekha Nursing College Mangalore
Students at Zulekha Nursing College get placed in top private hospitals, research centers, and nursing homes. The placement cell conducts seminars, conferences, and workshops to develop the skills of the students so that they are industry ready for the healthcare sector.
Mangalore-Iconic coastal city of Dakshin Kannada
Mangalore or Mangaluru is the largest coastal city in the district of Dakshin Kannada in the state of Karnataka. It is a commercial, industrial and educational hub. The place is famous for its pristine beaches, heritage temples, and coffee plantations. It is among the go-to places on the bucket list of travelers for its scenic views of the Arabian Sea and seafood.
Places to visit in Mangalore
The most iconic places that you can visit in the Mangalore city are:
- Gadaikullu and Belthangady.
- Saavira Kambada Basandi.Mooodabidri.
- Sodhe Vadiraja Matha.
- Chaturmukha Basandi.
- Sasihithlu Beach.
- Pilikula Lake.
- Kadavinakatta Dam, Bhatkal.
Sulekha Nursing College has excellent infrastructural facilities which are available to the students while studying on the campus. The facilities available are:
Hostel Accommodation and Mess
Hostel Accommodation is provided for all the students. Wardens are present in the hostel to supervise the students. Both Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian Mess Facility is available. Discipline is the most important in the hostel and the mess.
Library at Zulekha Nursing College Mangalore
There is a separate library around two thousand five hundred feet. It has got a seating capacity of hundred students. Over two thousand five hundred books, and Indian and international journals are available. Helinet facilities are available for both the faculties and students.
Clinical Facility at Zulekha Nursing College Mangalore
Students receive training facilities in the parent hospital Yenopaya Speciality Hospital, Kodialbail which has around two hundred and fifty beds as well as Yenopaya Medical College which has around one thousand and fifty beds. It is a well-planned training course to teach them patient care.
Labs at Zulekha Nursing College Mangalore
The Labs are available to the students to get hands-on experience in the subjects of nursing. Labs that are present in the college are:
- Nutrition Foundation and Medical-Surgical Nursing.
- Maternal and Child Health Nursing.
- Community Health Nursing.
- Anatomy and Physiology.
- Computer Science.
A bus facility is provided to transport the students from the hostel to the college and to the clinical postings.
Zulekha Nursing College organizes various cultural festivals. They conduct and organize programs on health in the hospital and community. Indoor and outdoor games facilities are available on the campus.
Careers in Nursing
Nursing is a career that has got an ample number of opportunities available in India and abroad. Some of the types of jobs for nurses are:
- Home Care Nurse.
- Nursing Assistant.
- Junior Psychiatric Nurse.
- Ward Nurse.
- Nursing Assistant Supervisor.
- Nursing tutor.
- Home care nurses.
- Nurse in Nursery School.
- Patient Educator and Nurse.
- Nurse Manager.
- Infection Control Nurse.
Departments and Research
Nursing is an integral part of the healthcare system. Becoming a nurse requires lots of patience, hard work, and caring nature towards the sick and the needy people. Zulekha College of Nursing, Mangalore believes in providing hands-on clinical experiences through various departments.
The different departments are:
- Child Health or Paediatric Nursing.
- Community Health Nursing.
- Medical-Surgical Nursing.
- Mental Health or Psychiatric Nursing.
- Nursing Foundation.
In my post, I have tried to gather as many details about Zulekha Nursing College, Mangalore. I have researched the college online as well as offline. I talked to some of the faculties and students who have passed out from that college. It has got excellent infrastructure facilities and experienced faculty members. If you want to know more about the college, admissions, etc. please visit http://www.rguhs.ac.in/.
You can also write me in the comment box below, I will get back ASAP. It would be helpful to other students if you write a review about the college.
You can also go through my detailed post about the best nursing colleges in Bangalore if you are interested in colleges in Bangalore.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which of them is better: B.Sc. Nursing in India or MBBS abroad?
To pursue MBBS abroad, lots of money is required and the clinical exposure is not as good as in India. Everyone cannot crack the MCI examination for practicing Medicine in our country.B.Sc Nursing has got the tremendous scope and job opportunities as nurses are in demand all the time.
2. Is Mangalore City a good place for pursuing B.Sc. Nursing?
Yes, Mangalore City is a good place for pursuing B.Sc. Nursing.
3. Can I do M.Sc. in human genetics after completing my B.Sc. Nursing?
Yes, you can pursue M.Sc. in human genetics after B.Sc. Nursing. You need to be good in Maths for getting through M.Sc. in human genetics. Genomics, bioinformatics, and genetic algebra are also part of genetics.
4. How to choose a good college for doing B.Sc. Nursing?
B.Sc. Nursing is a course that requires good infrastructure and experienced faculties. Good private colleges provide teaching and the syllabus is up to international standards. The main criteria to look for in a good college are:
- The number of patients.
- Faculty Members and
- Clinical exposure.
5. What are the different courses available in B.Sc. Nursing?
Different courses are available in B.Sc. Nursing are:
- Diploma courses-ANM (Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery) and GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery).
- Graduate course-B.Sc. Nursing.
- Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing can be pursued after Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree.