Hello, readers! I hope you are doing well. Keeping up with my usual reviews of colleges that students might be interested in knowing more about, today I have brought you the review and description of an incredible ayurvedic college from northern Karnataka. AVS Ayurvedic College Bijapur is one of the finest colleges trained in the skills of Ayurveda and diligent about developing curiosity and knowledge for this age-old tradition of science among the next generation. If you are thinking about pursuing a degree in Ayurveda, read ahead to decide if this is a suitable choice for you.
Table of Contents
- AVS Ayurvedic College Overview
- Admission at AVS Ayurvedic College
- Ayurveda Courses Offered
- Course Fees Structure
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Rankings and Awards
- AVS Ayurvedic College Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
AVS Ayurvedic College Overview
|Name||AVS Ayurvedic Mahavidyalay, Vijayapura|
|Address||BLDEA’s A.V.S. Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Hospital & Research Center, Vidya Nagar, Bagalkot Road, Bijapur – 586 101.|
|President||Dr M.B. Patil|
|Hostel facilities||Available for both boys and girls|
|Recognised By||NCISM, Ministry of Ayush, New Delhi|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science, Karnataka.|
Aiming to create a beautiful amalgamation of standardized formal education and the gurukul system of ancient India, AVS Ayurvedic College stands on the contributions of a great many philanthropists who have made ayurvedic education possible for the youth through this institution. It is one of the best institutions in Ayurveda from North Karnataka through its various programs and courses.
- AVS Ayurvedic College Bijapur offer a value-added course on Ayur-Genomics and a Certificate Course in Herbomineral Drug Technology along with their regular BAMS and MDS courses with elective subjects like Samhita & Siddhanta, Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana, Dravya Guna, Kayachikitsa, and Shalya Tantra.
- They have 140 beds in their hospital where students learn the intricacies of clinical training.
- They aim to bring about economic and social development in the state of Karnataka with a special focus on empowering minorities.
- AVS Ayurvedic College Bijapur have a well-irrigated herbal garden where you can find all necessary herbs required for the preparation of ayurvedic medicines.
- They have state-of-the-art infrastructure and laboratory facilities.
They have only a concentrated vision for their institute and that is to make their college the global centre for Ayurvedic teaching and Research.
- They have a lot of missions to fulfil through their educational endeavour, starting with providing quality education in Ayurveda and health services. They are confident in creating a platform for engaging in standard research and systematizing Ayurveda in a way that suits international standards.
- They want to inculcate quality values in their students and make them experts in each disciplinary course while giving them the theoretical, practical, and clinical boost through knowledge to serve humanity.
Why Choose AVS Ayurvedic College?
Now, keeping all of that aside, you must be curious to know why, out of all the other colleges, should you go for AVS Ayurvedic College Bijapur and what makes it the best institution to suit your interests. This section of the article, that’s why is particularly devoted to that question alone. So, let’s check it out.
- Expert faculty
One of the major gems of any institution is its teaching faculty and this college surely has been able to garner a lot of appreciation for its expert faculty members. They are all incredibly approachable and educated professionals in their respective fields.
- Multicultural Learning Environment
AVS Ayurvedic College provides the best multicultural learning environment as students from all over the country await in anticipation to join the institute and be a part of their community. But that’s not all. As the value of Ayurveda is coming into notice internationally, they have maintained their standards in creating a positive learning environment for the students.
- Sports Facilities
Sports is an essential tenet in Ayurveda as it concentrates on the physical well-being of a person. Keeping that in focus, AVS Ayurvedic College encourages its students to participate in various sports events like kabaddi, and cricket. They even organize an annual sports meet for this purpose only.
- Hospital facilities
They have their hospital facilities equipped with ayurvedic pharmacies, lab rooms, treatment rooms, an operation theatre, and a herbal garden. Their medicines are prepared specifically in an order, according to the ongoing treatment of the patients.
- Anti-Ragging Policy
Ragging is strictly prohibited in the college under the L.O.No.ED/122/UR/C96 dated 16/01/1997 with added prohibitions in that order so that you get a safe and secure learning environment.
Admission at AVS Ayurvedic College
If you have carried on reading this article, at this point there must be a series of questions that you might have starting with the admission process in the various courses offered by AVS Ayurvedic College Bijapur. Without further delay, let us look at what the admission procedure is-
- For both B.A.M.S and M.D./M.S., you have to qualify for NEET UG and NEET PG entrance, respectively, to make it to further steps of state counselling.
- The state counselling process will take place per the notifications issued for the college after the results of NEET entrance are out. The information filled out during the application process will be used for counselling.
- A merit list will be furnished according to the All India Rank based on the entrance examination according to which the counselling will take place.
You can get seats based on both government quota and management quota in the college.
Eligibility Criteria for BAMS
- To be eligible for this course, you must be 17 years of age by the 31st of December in the year of admission.
- You must have passed your 12th exams with a 50 percent aggregate in PCB with English as a language course.
- For SC/ST candidates, the aggregate must be 40 per cent.
Documents Required for BAMS
- Class 10 Certificate and Marksheet.
- Class 12 mark sheet and provisional certificate.
- NEET Admit & Score Card.
- Character Certificate.
- Reservation Certificate, if applicable.
- Migration Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Address proof.
- Passport size photos.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses
- If you want to pursue an M.D. or M.S. degree, you must have completed your B.A.M.S degree from an institute recognised by CCIM with a compulsory one-year rotatory internship.
- Selection will be done through an interview process according to the merit list that will be produced by the AIAPGET.
- If you are looking to get a PhD degree from AVS Ayurvedic College, you must have completed your M.D. from an institute recognised by CCIM to be eligible.
- If you do not belong to the state of Karnataka, you must visit the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Health Sciences with your qualifying mark sheet to get your eligibility certificate. You have to pay Rs 1000 to get the said certificate.
- Fulfilling the eligibility criteria doesn’t guarantee you a seat in the college. You will have to go through further steps of the admission process to get a seat.
The cut-off is deliberated after the results of state counselling are declared. Based on that, a merit list will be produced according to which you can get admission to the college if you qualify.
- Take original documents along with several photocopies for verification. The college will not retain your original documents and will return them upon verification.
- The verification will be done online partially. The remaining will be verified at the centre.
Ayurveda Courses Offered
Course-Wise Intake Capacity
|Name of Course||Seat Intake||Duration|
|Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S.)||60||5.5 years|
|M.S. Shalya Tantra||4||3 years|
|M.D.Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana||5||3 years|
|M.D. Dravyaguna||5||3 years|
|M.D. Kaya Chikitsa||5||3 years|
|M.D.Ayurveda Samhita and Siddhanta||3||3 years|
|PhD. Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana||6||5 years|
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Science (B.A.M.S.)
The B.A.M.S is an undergraduate course in Ayurvedic Medicine and Science offered by the college. It has a seat intake capacity of 60 which, as they mentioned in their prospectus, will increase to 100 within a short period. The duration of the course is 5.5 years including a one-year compulsory rotatory internship.
|1st year||Sanskrit, Moulik Siddhant & Astanga Hrudaya, Padartha Vigyana & Ayurveda Itihasa, Shareera Rachana, Kriya Shareera||1-year|
|2nd-year||Dravyaguna Vigyan, Roga Nidan, Rasa Shastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana, Charaka Samhita (Purvardha).||1 Year|
|3rd-year||Agadatantra & Vyavahara Ayurveda, Swasthvritt a, Prasuti Tantra & Stree Roga, Balaroga, Charaka Samhita (Uttarardha)||1-year|
|4th-year||Kayachikitsa, Panchakarma Shalyatantra, Shalakya Tantra Research Methodology & Medical Statistics||1.5-year|
|Internship||The one year of compulsory rotatory internship is for every undergraduate course in the college and students will have to intern in their hospital.||1 year|
Doctor of Medicine (MD)/ Master of Surgery (MS)
After the completion of your B.A.M.S., if you are interested in carrying on with your studies, you can go for a postgraduate degree from the college. They offer two postgraduate courses- MD and MS. There are a total of 5 options available for you in these courses- M.S. Shalya Tantra, M.D.Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana, M.D. Dravyaguna, M.D. Kaya Chikitsa and M.D.Ayurveda Samhita and Siddhanta. The duration of every postgraduate course in the institute is 3 years.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
If after your master’s program you are interested in a research scholarship then you should get a PhD. AVS Ayurvedic College offers you a PhD in the discipline of Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana. The degree can take you approximately 5 years, depending upon your research.
AVS Ayurvedic College Bijapur has a total number of 14 departments which are all well-equipped and managed by professional scholars. These departments consist of- Samhita and Siddhanta, Roganidana, Kayachikitsa, Shareera Rachana, Swastha Vrutta, Shalyatantra, and Kriya Shareera, Prasuti Tantra and Sthree Roga, Shalyaka Tantra, Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana, Kumarabhrutya, Panchakarma, Dravyaguna and the last but not the least Agadatantra and Vyavahara Ayurveda.
These departments are all part of the B.A.M.S, MD, MS, and PhD course curricula.
Course Fees Structure
Let us take a look at the AVS Ayurvedic College Fee Structure.
|Name of Course||Fees|
- Registration fee, eligibility certificate fee, and other such miscellaneous fees are not included in the above table.
- Admission fee is only incurred once during the time of admission.
- Private education in India tends to get expensive for many students. In such cases, you should look for education loans provided by the RBI and other banks to complete your education. You can also apply for scholarship programs offered by the government for economically weaker sections.
If you want further help with the details of loans and scholarship programs that you might be eligible for, you can get in touch with private and government banks. They have some of the best loan plans that have significant low-interest rates to make education available to students coming from varied socioeconomic backgrounds.
Placements & Career Opportunities
Getting a degree in Ayurveda today opens up a lot of avenues for you career-wise. There are a lot of directions that you might decide to go further with your degree so let us look at some of the prospects-
Your B.A.M.S course is of 5.5 years. That’s because after you are done with your degree, you have to complete your one year of rotatory internship which is compulsory. This will be determined by the college itself.
- Private Practice
If you get a legitimate Ayurveda degree, you can open up your private practice very easily. You will need to register yourself Under the Shops and Establishment Act and look at the general legal aspects of it. You will need the specified stationary, equipment, medicines and furniture as well.
- Higher Studies
After the completion of your B.A.M.S degree, if you don’t want to do a job right away and want to go for higher studies, you can do so by pursuing either an M.D or M.S. after that you can even get a PhD. and go into the field of research. You can even become a professor later if you carry on this course and qualify for your AYUSH NET.
- Business Opportunities
Completing your B.A.M.S degree qualifies you for a lot of business opportunities in the arena. Many organizations are offering franchises like Ayurveda Equipments India, Garden of Ayurveda, and Deep Ayurveda to name a few.
- Medicinal Cultivation
With a high boom in the cultivation of medicinal plants, it is a very good career opportunity for someone with the right degree. Many boards are providing financial aid to people who are in the business as well. The buying community in this business can be anyone from private collectors, and the pharmaceutical industry to medicinal boards of Ayurveda.
The world today is obsessed with organic and herbal products and the demand for Ayurvedic experts is increasing in the pharmaceutical field. You can get a government job, start your pharmacy, get jobs in sales or become a research officer and so much more.
- Corporate Fitness Expert
You can easily get yourself to run a corporate fitness centre if you have the right design and plan in mind. There are currently many ayurvedic centres that are offering the same, including names like Shreyas Retreat, Shathayu Ayurveda Wellness Centre, and The Ayurveda Sanctuary, for example.
Rankings and Awards
The rankings and awards can say a lot about an institute, especially the standard of education and knowledge they impart.
- AVS Ayurvedic College Bijapur is recognised by the NCISM and the Ministry of Ayush, New Delhi for its academic integrity and well-maintained campus.
- AVS Ayurvedic College Bijapur secured the 28th University rank in session 2018-2019 exams under RGUHS.
- The scholars of this institute have published several articles in peer-reviewed journals.
|Name of Author||Journal||Year of Publication|
|Dr P C Baragi, Dr U C Baragi||Jaims, Vol 2 Issue 1||2017|
|Dr Kashinath Hadimur, Dr R S Sarashetti||Wjpps, Vol 7, Issue 1||2018|
|Dr Jyoti Alias Jyotsna, Dr Pramod C Baragi, Dr U C Baragi||Jaims, Vol 5 Issue 6||2020|
|Shruti Hiremat, Khazi. Rahimbi, Seeta. Biradar||Iamj||2021|
|Dr Amit R. Nampalliwar, Dr Sateesh S. Patil, Dr Shruti Hiremath, Dr Seeta M. Biradar||Ijsr, Vol10 Issue 4||2021|
AVS Ayurvedic College Facilities
The college offers a wide range of facilities for its students for holistic development during their transformational years.
Skill Development Program
AVS Ayurvedic College Bijapur offers a skill development program as part of their curriculum in specific disciplines so that students can get the maximum benefit out of their education. Skill development programs are of utmost necessity as they help you hone your skills and increase your productivity levels.
The infrastructure of this college is outstanding as they provide a welcoming and organized campus for its students. They have separate laboratories, seminar halls, and lecture rooms within their campus. The seminar halls have multimedia tools that make learning effective for the students.
The library is a storehouse of information and the one in this college is packed full of books and information. They have books, journals, and periodicals that are relevant to the field of Ayurveda and other related medical sciences so that they can provide their students with the tools required to attain excellence in their studies.
A mentorship programme holds pragmatic values that are necessary for the wholesome development of students. Students under a mentorship program get valuable guidance from their mentors or counsellors in anything they find difficult during their education. AVS Ayurvedic College provides all the help that students might need through their mentorship program.
They have individual separate hostels for both boys and girls where they get a homely environment. They offer a mess system that provides them with healthy and nutritious food for the developing mind and bodies simultaneously. With proper water and electricity facilities in the hostel, it is the primary choice of accommodation for students.
College Contact Details
Address: Vidya Nagar, Bagalkot Road, BIJAPUR – Pin-586 101, Karnataka.
- Telephone: (123) 08352 – 262770.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The right education can either make or break your career prospects and this makes it all the more stressful to make the right decision regarding your selection of college and courses. To help students out of the pressure of choosing, we provide specialized service where we do deep research on the college and course most suitable for you. So, contact us without any delay and make us a part of your journey!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is the Principal of AVS Ayurvedic College?
The current acting principal of AVS Ayurvedic College is Dr M.B. Patil.
2. How many seats are there in the B.A.M.S. course at AVS Ayurvedic College?
The Bachelor of Aryuvedic Medicine and Science or the B.A.M.S course has 60 seat intake capacity as of now. They are planning on increasing the seats to 100 shortly.
3. Where is AVS Ayurvedic College?
AVS Ayurvedic College is located in Vijaya Nagar, North Karnataka.
4. How are the labs in AVS Ayurvedic Mahavidyalay?
The labs of the college are very well equipped and have all the necessary tools required for treatment purposes.
5. Does AVS Ayurvedic College have its treatment facility?
Yes, AVS Ayurvedic College has its in-house treatment facility where they treat its patients with utmost care through herbal medication especially made for its specific treatment.
6. What are the eligibility criteria for postgraduate courses in AVS Ayurvedic Mahavidyalay?
To pursue a postgraduate course of M.D. or M.S. in the college, you must have completed your B.A.M.S degree with one year of compulsory rotatory internship. Only then you'll be eligible for the admission process.
7. Does AVS Ayurvedic College also have a PhD course?
Yes, AVS Ayurvedic College has a PhD course in Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana.
8. What are the student activities available at AVS Ayurvedic College?
The college encourages its students to take part in many co-curricular activities including sports and cultural festivities. They have both indoor and outdoor spaces for this purpose.
If you like post and want to know about another Ayurvedic college, you can follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Small Ask:
It is only logical for students to seek out information that can help them avail of authentic information regarding colleges. You and I can help them achieve that. While we are always up and about helping students realise their goals, you can help them by taking out a moment to add a review to the comments section. It will be of primary value if you can elaborate on the kind of experiences you have had by being associated with AVS Ayurvedic College Bijapur. Thank you!