Hi students! and welcome back to our blog on Ayurvedic Colleges. It makes sense that you would be worried about how you would apply to and be admitted into the university of your choice if you intend to pursue a career in Ayurveda after high school. We are here to address all of your inquiries regarding the college you intend to attend. Today, we are providing you with all the information about SDM Ayurveda College Udupi. By carefully reading this article, you can decide if this college is the greatest choice for you.
Table of Contents
- SDM Ayurveda College Overview
- Admission Procedure
- Courses and Departments
- Fee Structure
- SDM Ayurveda College Placements
- Ranking and Recognitions
- SDM Ayurveda College Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
SDM Ayurveda College Overview
|Name||SDM Ayurveda College|
|Address||Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara, College of Ayurveda & Hospital, Kuthpady, Udupi – 574118|
|Foundation||1968 by Dr M.C. Modi|
|Principal||Dr Mamatha K.V.|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, Bangalore.|
|Recognized by||The Department of AYUSH, Government of India|
|Managed by||Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Educational Society|
The SDM Ayurveda College Udupi is committed to the spread of Ayurveda and offers world-class assistance to those in need. The organization has helped scholars and clinicians throughout its history, fostering interest in Ayurveda study and advancement. The college is successful in producing competent medical professionals to serve humanity.
“Evidence-based understanding of the disease, Goodwill and compassion for the suffering,” is the mission statement of SDM College.
The mission of SDM Ayurveda College is
- To provide comprehensive instruction for students through daily ayurvedic practice and engagement with contemporary medical knowledge.
- To thrive in education and service while being efficient, effective, and accepted by the community. to provide education for the needy and to reach the unreached.
- To actively participate in the national educational system.
Why choose SDM Ayurveda College?
- Campus Life
The journey is just as crucial as the destination when it comes to student life, if not more so. The campus environment at SDM is designed to make the experience both memorable and ideal for studying. The SDM Ayurveda Udupi campus is situated at Udyavara in Udupi and spans 21 acres of land. It is renowned for its lush landscaping.
- Faculty Team
The college’s faculty is kind, approachable, eager, and caring. They are approachable to everyone on campus, not just students. Teachers are open to hearing any problems or worries that students may have. All of the lessons that teachers present are interesting, practical, and patient at the same time.
- Advanced Education
Students studying at SDM Ayurveda College enjoy cutting-edge, modern educational tools by using computers, multimedia, and the Internet to learn. Students learn how to create many kinds of traditional Ayurvedic remedies. College students’ development goes beyond academic learning and is not just limited to it.
For the benefit of the student’s comprehension and to allow them to express their opinions on the ayurvedic area, the institution hosts a variety of seminars and workshops. The institution invites a unique guest speaker who is a professional to uplift students and inspire them to excel in their topic.
How to Apply?
- Students can obtain the application form from the college’s official website for both undergraduate and graduate programs.
- The application fee is Rs. 500/- which can be paid Online or through NEFT.
- There are three modes through which students can apply to SDM Ayurveda College:
- All India Quota: All students who passed the National Testing Agency’s (NTA’s) NEET UG test are qualified to apply for the All India Quota Medical Counseling programme.
- State Quota: Through KEA, students who meet the state quota can apply. He or she must have graduated from a Karnataka-based school with a Class 10 and Class 12 diploma.
Additionally, he or she must have completed seven years of study at a government school in Karnataka. He or she must have graduated from a Karnataka-based school with a Class 11 and Class 12 diploma.
- Management Quota: A government-approved method offered to private or deemed universities under the name of “Management Quota” allows students to get Direct Admission into the institution.
Students need to give an entrance examination for both UG and PG Courses. Also, candidates must qualify NEET Exam.
- For admission to the UG & PG programmes, candidates need to clear NEET & AIAPGET entrance examinations respectively.
- The NRI/foreign candidates can seek admission to the course of Ayurveda provided, that the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences recognizes the basic qualification of that country and successful passing in the examination conducted by the University.
Courses and Departments
|Course||Duration||Number of Seats|
|BAMS||4½ years + 1 year of Internship||75|
|MD/ MS (Ayurveda)||03 years||71|
|PhD||04 or 05 years||–|
|BAMS||The BAMS course aims to provide candidates with extensive and thorough instruction in the many facets of Ayurveda so that students may recognize the Ayurveda principles concerning human health.|
|MS (Ayurveda)||A postgraduate medical degree known as MS Ayurveda (Master of Surgery in Ayurveda) covers a variety of surgical procedures, surgical issues, surgical emergency treatment, trauma, and other areas.|
|MD (Ayurveda)||Graduates of the MD Ayurveda program learn how to treat human illnesses naturally and holistically. Students often study research in the following courses: Ayurveda, Serendipity research, Ancient Ayurvedic Research, and Principles of Ancient Ayurveda.|
Department of SDM Ayurveda College
|Ayurveda Samhita and Siddhanta||
|Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana||
|Agadatantra Evam Vidhi Vaidayak||
|Rog Nidan Avum Vikriti Vigyaan||
|Swasthavritta and Yoga||
|Prasuti Tantra and Stri Roga||
|Vijnana Avum Manasa Roga||
PhD in Ayurveda
There is a total of five subjects in the SDM Ayurveda College Udupi in which students can pursue PhD
- Roga Nidana.
- Rachna Shareera.
- Prasootitantra & Streeroga.
All the details of Research Program are updated on RGUHS, Bangalore, Karnataka’s official website
Here is the detail about SDM Ayurveda College Udupi Fee Structure
- The tuition fee is occasionally outlined by the Government & Fee Regulation Committee (FRC).
- The average fee structure for BAMS is around – Rs.2,00,500 per annum in almost all the colleges of Karnataka.
- The average fee structure for MD/MS (Ayurveda) starts from Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 5,00,000.
|Room||Fees per year|
|Single Sharing||Rs. 30,000/-|
|Twin Sharing||Rs. 24,000/-|
|Triple Sharing||Rs. 22,000/-|
- College can apply some changes in fee structure.
- The mess charges are approximately Rs. 3,000/-
- Every year, the college awards scholarships to deserving students.
- Additionally, the college offers a loan option, particularly for those students who are unable to pay a significant amount of tuition.
SDM Ayurveda College Cut-Off
- The admission is based on the NEET UG and PG scores of the particular year.
- Students who applied through the Management Quota need to give an entrance exam and based on its cut off they are selected.
- Some marks relaxation is given to the minority students according to the guidelines of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
SDM Ayurveda College Placements
After a BAMS course has been completed for four and a half years, SDM Ayurveda College Udupi provides an internship. Students receive a stipend of Rs. 2000 a month, and if they do well in their internship, the institution may offer them a permanent position with a very excellent income in their hospital.
Due to our changing lifestyles, which make us more susceptible to illness, the Ayurvedic healing method is becoming increasingly important. The primary tenet of the Ayurvedic philosophy is the use of natural treatments to eradicate the underlying causes of several ailments.
The following are some potential job paths for Ayurveda students.
- Becoming a Doctor of Ayurveda
You might open a private ayurvedic medicine practice. In addition, there are job opportunities in research facilities, pharmacies, general hospitals with departments of indigenous medicine, public and private hospitals, Ayurvedic Pharmaceuticals, National Rural Health Mission campaigns, medical tourism, the National Ayush Mission, and Ayurveda Specialty Centers.
- Becoming a Therapist for Healing
There is more to Ayurveda than its medications. You can train to be a herbalist, acupuncturist, massage therapist, physical therapist, or yoga instructor.
- Becoming an Ayurvedic Researcher
These courses will offer doors of success for those who are interested in fieldwork and research. The most common degrees to undertake research are the MD and PhD.
Students may participate in research initiatives carried out by various institutions as Junior Research Fellows.
- Launch or Expand a Range of Natural Products
Customers are increasingly seeking locally sourced, natural goods. You don’t have to create conventional Ayurvedic items to be moved by its knowledge and incorporate its precepts into a range of products. Food, cosmetics, and beauty items are great places to start as natural products
Ranking and Recognitions
- SDM Ayurveda College Udupi has been recognized as a Center of Excellence in Knowledge, Education, Drug Development & Research, and Clinical Research by the Department of AYUSH, Government of India, and has been awarded funding to expand its operations and facilities to the highest standards.
- The SDM Ayurveda College Udupi is given the rising consumer acceptance of AYUSH as a significant element of pluralistic healthcare systems both domestically and internationally.
- The International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQUA), a global organization that approves accreditation bodies in the healthcare industry as a sign of the parity of accreditation programs in member nations, counts NABH as an institutional member. The hospital of the college has NABH accreditation as of 2018.
SDM Ayurveda College Facilities
- Within the campus, there are established and well-maintained hostels for both boys and girls.
- Both hostels include updated, sanitary kitchens and eating areas.
- Modern conveniences are offered, such as large halls, eating areas, a safe setting with round-the-clock security, and CCTV surveillance.
- The hostels provide enough for 350 women and 50 boys.
- Inmates at hostels have access to a gym, a yoga/prayer room, a reading area, and other amenities.
- On campus, there is a digital library with plenty of e-books and internet access that is open to everybody.
- There are 20,080 volumes in the library, of which 15,534 are pertinent for undergraduates and 2,809 for graduate students.
- Separate departmental libraries are furthermore accessible in addition to the main library.
- OPAC ( Online Public Access Catalogue) is also available.
- The SDM Ayurveda Udupi food court allows for the sanitary cooking of south Indian and north Indian dishes, meeting the demands of the diverse hospital and college populations.
- Both north Indian and south Indian dishes are available at the food court.
Sports and Fitness
- There is a well-kept playground ready for sporting events. The students often use the facilities to play indoor activities like chess, carom, and table tennis as well as sports like football, volleyball, cricket, and volleyball
- Additionally, the college guarantees successful participation in intra- and inter-college sporting tournaments.
- A full-time physical director works with a multi-facility gym on campus to help students stay physically healthy.
Bank and ATM Facility
- The services of Corporation Bank have been expanded to include college campuses.
- For the students, the transaction will be simple and secure.
- Additionally, there is an ATM on campus.
- A 7-acre plot of land has been set aside just for the herbal garden.
- 400 different types of medicinal plants total 2200 in the garden now.
- The Sanskrit and botanical names of the plants make it straightforward for both the general audience and students to identify the plants.
- The campus’s water purification facility treats the water used to irrigate the garden.
- With 275 beds in a brand-new facility, the hospital is well-equipped.
- Treatment facilities vary from luxury, special, and semi-special rooms to regular wards.
- The hospital’s maternity and pediatric units are both well-equipped.
College Contact Details
Address: Sri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara, College of Ayurveda & Hospital, Kuthpady, Udupi – 574118
- Contact Number: 0820-2520332.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regardless matter whether how diligently you research universities or think through your degree options, it never feels like enough and the added stress of your hectic schedule can throw you off the wagon. It is best to turn to professionals for anxiety treatment in such a circumstance.
The sort of service we provide here, coupled with extensive information on Ayurvedic Colleges all over the country. As a result, read our blog for additional information and consider including us in your vacation by contacting us immediately for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What programs does SDM Ayurveda College Udupi offer?
Courses Offered by SDM Ayurveda College are- BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery) Medicine Doctor (Ayurveda) Master of Surgery in Ayurveda PhD
2. What is the SDM Ayurveda College Udupi fee structure?
The tuition fee of SDM Ayurveda College is occasionally outlined by the Government & Fee Regulation Committee (FRC).
3. Does the SDM College of Ayurveda offers a PhD program?
Yes, the college offers a PhD program in five subjects of Ayurveda.
4. Does SDM Ayurveda College provide a hostel?
Yes, the college provides separate hostels for boys and girls at a very reasonable price.
5. What is the cost of the SDM Ayurveda College application for admission?
The cost of the application form is Rs. 500/- which is non-refundable.
6. What is the intake of BAMS in SDM Ayurveda College Udupi?
The intake of the BAMS Course is 75 in SDM Ayurveda College.
7. What is the intake of MD/MS (Ayurveda) in SDM Ayurveda College Udupi?
The intake of the MD/MS (Ayurveda) Courses is 71 in SDM Ayurveda College.
8. How is the campus of SDM Ayurveda College Udupi?
The campus environment is lush and green. All the facilities like Bank, Hostel, Library, and Playgrounds are available within the campus area.
If you are curious to know about another Ayurveda college, you can click on the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Humble Ask:
If you are an alumnus or a current student at SDM Ayurveda College, Udupi, we request you to visit the comments section. You can drop a genuine review so that upcoming batches of youngsters can highly benefit from it. Thank you in advance!