Bangalore Law College is one of the colleges which you will find in the first few positions while searching for a law college. But how diverse is legal education nowadays and will I be able to make a career in law? What opportunities will I get from Bangalore Law College?
According to the Indian Law Commission, “Legal education is a discipline that conveys to students understanding of specific principles and legal provisions to allow them to join the legal profession.” In contemporary developing nations, the notions of law, legal education, and development have converged. The primary goal of legal education is to create socially conscious lawyers. But in the current day, legal education ought to be seen as a tool for social design as well as a means of producing attorneys. With the diversity in the legal profession, many enthusiasts are diverging toward legal education and searching for law colleges to aid them through the process. Bangalore Law College is one such college that will provide you with opportunities to become a successful lawyer.
Table of Contents
- Bangalore Law College Overview
- Admissions to Bangalore Law College
- Law Programs Offered
- Bangalore Law College Placements
- Rankings and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Bangalore Law College Overview
Bangalore Law College is an institution under Law Wings Educational Trust. Bangalore Law College was established in the year 2014 and is affiliated with the Karnataka State Law University, Hubli approved by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi, and recognized by the Government of Karnataka.
|Name||Bangalore Law College|
|Address||19/74, 8th Cross Rd, 3rd Stage 4th Block, SBI Staff Colony, Basaveshwar Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560079.|
|Affiliated to||Karnataka State Law University|
|Approved by||Bar Council of India|
|Recognized by||Government of Karnataka|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
Since it is close to the city’s center, the college is conveniently positioned. The capable assistance of the Law Wings Educational Trust enables Bengaluru Law College to focus on excellence as a continual process.
- To commit this institution to fostering legal aspirants and providing them with the scholarly tools they need to advance social justice and welfare in society.
- Bangalore Law College is committed to achieving success by equipping prospective attorneys with a rigorous curriculum and the persuasiveness they need to advance society, the legal system, and the country.
- The main goal is to give their students effective foundational skills for the legal profession.
Why Bangalore Law College?
- Skilled & Experienced faculty.
- Online library facility.
- Reading room facility with Journals, Newspapers, and Publications, Magazines.
- Well-built Moot Court.
- Well-built Library and E-Archive facility.
- Career Guidance Counselling.
- Seminars/Workshops on the most delinquent legal matters for the use of the student community.
- Exceptional lectures.
- Group discussions on all significant issues.
- Co-curricular activities & Cultural Activities.
Admissions to Bangalore Law College
What is the admission intake at Bangalore Law College? What are the eligibility criteria for my course?
These questions commonly arise among candidates when asked for admissions. That’s okay as I am going to give you all the information regarding admissions to Bangalore Law College right here in this snippet. Read further!
Admission Intake: Although there is no specific information given about the admission intake, as Bangalore Law College is affiliated with Karnataka State Law University, below is the intake capacity sanctioned by Karnataka State Law University.
|Course Name||Intake Capacity|
- Step 1: Go to Bangalore Law College’s official website and go to the admission page.
- Step 2: Fill out the online application with the details required and the documents asked for.
- Step 3: Bangalore Law College will update you on the status of the college.
- Step 4: Once you’ve been informed about your selection, visit the college campus to complete the admission formalities.
- For LLB, initial admission will be on a first-come-first-serve basis, then for other candidates, a personal interview will be conducted.
- For BA LLB, the selection process will according to the eligibility criteria of the candidate.
Eligibility for BA LLB
- The candidate should have completed 10 + 2 examinations or 10+ Diploma courses.
- The candidate should have scored an aggregate of 45% for the general category and 40% for the SC & ST category in the qualifying examinations.
Eligibility for LLB
- Any candidate who has earned a degree in any field of study from a university is created by an act of the legislature, a state legislature, or an entity deemed by a competent authority.
- The candidate should have scored an aggregate of 45% for the general category and 40% for the SC & ST category in the qualifying examinations.
Documents Required: LLB & BA LLB
- SSLC Marks Card.
- 12th Marks Card.
- Final year semester marks card (For LLB candidates).
- Eligibility Certificate.
- Reservation Certificate from the concerned department (For 371(J) candidates).
- Migration Certificate (For Non-Karnataka candidates).
- Study Permission Letter (For working candidates).
- Caste Certificate.
- Income Certificate.
- Disability Certificate (For PH candidates).
- Foreign Students should also add
- Passport & Visa Certificate.
- Study Certificate.
- Medical Certificate.
LLB & BA LLB are 2 popular law degrees in India. Several universities run competitive exams to select competent candidates for both programs.
Let’s examine a couple of the most significant legal admission exams administered in India.
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT): Pearson VUE administers the LSAT on a global scale on behalf of the Law School Admission Council (LSAC). Offline testing is done to assess skills like reading comprehension and logical and analytical reasoning.
- Common Law Admission Test (CLAT): At the national level, CLAT is administered online in a few designated centres. The applicant must have a minimum cumulative grade of 45% in his 10+2 examinations and may be of any age.
- All India Law Entrance Test (AILET): The Nationwide Law University of Delhi administers the AILET, one of the most renowned admission exams for the legal profession, on a national basis.
Important Admission Dates
|Entrance Examination||Application Starting Date||Application End Date||Date of Examination|
|Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)||1 January 2022||9 May 2022||19 June 2022|
|All India Law Entrance Test (AILET)||17 January 2022||25 May 2022||26 June 2022|
|Law School Admission Test (LSAT) India||18 October 2021||8 June 2022||22 June 2022|
Law Programs Offered
Bengaluru Law College places a constant emphasis on excellence and operates with the capable assistance of Law Wings Educational Trust. The college makes an effort to spread a top-notch legal education. Unquestionably, Bangalore Law College gives students the means they need to not only prepare themselves to excel academically but also become humble citizens of the country.
Courses Offered: The courses offered by Bangalore Law College are as follows.
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Law (BA LLB).
- Bachelor of Law (LLB).
(Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Law )
- The B.A. LL.B. integrated dual degree program combines the Bachelor of Arts and the Bachelor of Law programs.
- The course is affiliated with the Karnataka State Law University and approved by the Bar Council of India.
- The course will last five academic years and be divided into ten semesters.
- The length of the semester will last for around 18 weeks.
- The goal is to help students develop a solid understanding of legal concepts and ideas along with their society’s social, political, and economic context.
- The common subjects for BA LLB are as follows
|Legal Methods||Law of Torts||Constitutional Law|
|Law of Crimes||Law of General Contract.||Jurisprudence.|
|Family Law – I: Hindu Law.||Administrative Law.||Company Law.|
|Property Law.||Family Law- II: Mahemmadan Law & Indian Succession Act.||Public International Law.|
|Law of Taxation.||Clinical Course – I: Professional Ethics & Professional Accounting System.||Law of Evidence.|
|Optional – I: Insurance Law or Human Rights Law and Practice.||Optional – II: Right to Information or Banking Law.||Clinical Course – II: Alternative Dispute Resolution Systems.|
|Civil Procedure Code & Limitation Act.||Optional- III: Intellectual Property Rights – I or Penology and Victimology.||Optional – IV: Competition Law or Interpretation of Statutes and Principles of Legislation.|
|Environmental Law.||Optional – V: Intellectual Property Rights – II or White Collar Crimes.||Optional – VI: Land Law or Law relating to International Trade Economics.|
|Clinical Course – III: Drafting, Conveyance & Pleading.||Labour Law.||Clinical Course – IV: Internship & Moot Court Exercise.|
To get semester-wise subjects for BA LLB, kindly click here
Bachelor of Law (LLB)
- The course is affiliated with Karnataka State Law University and acknowledged by the Bar Council of India.
- The three-year LL.B. degree program will last six semesters or three years.
- The length of the semester will last around 18 weeks.
- This program has shown to be the perfect fit for those who choose to pursue law as a career, with 10 batches of students having previously graduated.
- The course teaches the student how to apply these abilities for addressing social and legal challenges in society while also assisting him or her in developing a logical, analytical, and skeptical understanding of legal concerns.
- The syllabus for the LLB course
Bangalore Law College Placements
Accessible legal education has the potential to be a significant force for good. Students learn the value of teamwork in our supportive environment, and professors are dedicated to helping their students. Bangalore Law College provides a legal education that combines legal precedent theory with applicable knowledge and career prospects.
The legal profession is intended to be a devoted one that calls for individuals who are passionate and empathetic. The goal of Bangalore Law College is to carry out the aforementioned motto.
- Each student is obliged by the university to complete a 15-day internship at the end of the semester.
- A three-year LLB student should have finished 90 days of internship before the course comes to an end or the sixth semester.
- By the completion of the course or the tenth semester, a five-year BA LLB, the student should have finished 18 days of internship.
Higher Studies Options
- Master of Law (LLM).
- PG Diploma in Cyber Law and Information Technology.
- PG Diploma in Cyber Law.
- M. Phil Law.
- PG Diploma Women’s Rights and Human Rights.
- Doctor of Law.
- Master Of Comparative Laws (MCL).
- M.A. Human Rights and Duties Education.
- Ph. D. Law.
- Diploma in Administrative Law.
- Diploma in International Law.
- Diploma in Co-operative Law.
- Diploma in Taxation Law.
- Diploma in Environmental Law.
- Diploma in Alternative Dispute Resolution Systems.
- Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights.
- Diploma in Labor Law.
- Diploma In Corporate Law & Management.
Career Opportunities in Law
Career Options After BA LLB
- Public Prosecutor.
- Company Secretary.
- Legal Advisor.
- Law Clerk.
- Litigation Lawyer.
- Legal Analyst.
- Criminal Lawyer.
- Legal Secretary.
Career Options for LLB Grads
- Legal counsel from Advocate.
- Assistant Legal Advocate.
- Advocate Attorney.
- Legal Senior Advisor.
- Retainer Supporter.
- Panellist’s Advocate.
- Junior Advocate.
- Independent Counselor.
- High Court Lawyer.
- Legal Assistant Manager.
- Compliance in legal management.
- Legal advisor.
- Lecturer in Law.
- Criminal, banking, private, and civil lawyers are all obtainable.
- Associate Attorney, Corporate Attorney.
- Legal Assistant.
- Legal advisor.
Rankings and Achievements
Under the direction of Law Wings Educational Trust, whose mission is to strive and produce responsible citizens for society, Bangalore Law College has indeed been working to provide the appropriate atmosphere.
Bengaluru Law College places a constant emphasis on excellence and operates with the capable assistance of Law Wings Educational Trust. The college is conveniently situated in the middle of the city. The College is accredited by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi, and is associated with the Karnataka State Law University (KSLU). The college makes an effort to spread top-notch legal education. The faculty at Bengaluru Law College is highly skilled and driven, and the school has an affluent infrastructure.
Awards and Achievements
- Awarded as the “Leading & Most Promising Law College Of The Year 2021, Karnataka” on 23rd September 2021 by National Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021.
- A “Special Award” for outstanding performance in virtual knowledge delivery during the pandemic on 23rd September 2021 by Begin up Research Intelligence Private Limited.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
- Anti-Ragging Cell: To keep ragging from occurring on campus, the Anti-Ragging Cell will act as a supervisory and advisory council. These are the main objectives of this cell is to educate students about ragging’s perversity and its demoralizing repercussions and keep a close watch on ragging in order to avoid it from happening and repeating.
- Human Rights Cell: The cell’s objective is to increase professors, staff, and students’ familiarity with human rights. Additionally, it aims to support people as they grow as people and live honorable lives free from violating the liberties of others.
- SC/ST Cell: The Special Cell for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes’ Welfare was established in 1983. The University Grants Commission has funded the creation of a Special Cell to improve, carry out, and oversee the reservation policies and guidelines periodically released for the welfare of SC-STs by the governments of Karnataka, India, as well as the University Grants Commission. The main objective of the SC-ST Cell is to ensure that SC-STs are fairly represented when it comes to hiring for teaching and non-teaching posts as well as admittance to various university programs.
- Women’s Grievance Cell: In an unusual move, the institution created a Women’s Grievance Cell to address staff and student concerns relating to women of any type. In Vishakha and others vs. the State of Rajasthan in 1997, the Supreme Court acknowledged and discussed the issue of workplace sexual harassment.
- Moot Court: The College has set up a sizable Moot Court hall with all of the required equipment. The Moot Court Society is responsible for organizing moot court contests and choosing contestants for intercollegiate events.
The Society hosts interclass moot court and court advocacy competitions that are open to all students throughout all semesters. The Society also hosts writing contests for jury decisions and other advocacy-related events.
- Legal Aid Cell: The Cell offers inhabitants of Basavanagudi and the neighboring areas free legal assistance. Everyone is welcome to utilize the Cell during college hours. By offering prompt and kind support, the cell helps residents and improves society. The cell organizes a number of camping trips in rural areas each year. The committee seeks to come up with a legal solution.
- NSS: The NSS program aims to provide assistance to anyone who requests it, as well as to raise people’s standards of living and promote dignified living. The college has made efforts to travel to rural areas and step outside of its comfort zone through the National Service Scheme.
- Sports: There are both outdoor and indoor game facilities at the college.
Some of the sports accessible include throw ball, badminton, carom, volleyball, cricket, and chess. At the college, various sporting activities are also held. The sports facility has a multi-gym, and there is a trainer on-site to help and instruct the students.
- Cultural Activities: Cultural activities are organized to introduce students to a range of customs and provide them with the chance to interact with one another. It gives students a place to cultivate their aesthetic and creative sensibilities away from the classroom.
College Contact Details
Address: 19/74, 8th Cross Rd, 3rd Stage 4th Block, SBI Staff Colony, Basaveshwar Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560079.
- Email Id: email@example.com.
- Contact No: 080 2323 2444.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When was Bangalore Law College established?
Bangalore Law College was established in the year 2014.
2. Is Bangalore Law College working under any other institution?
Bangalore Law College is a separate college working under the Law Wings Educational Trust.
3. Where is Bangalore Law College located?
Bangalore Law College is located in the 3rd Stage 4th Block, SBI Staff Colony, Basaveshwar Nagar, Bengaluru.
4. Is Bangalore Law College affiliated and approved?
Yes, Bangalore Law College is affiliated with Karnataka State Law University, Hubli, and approved by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi.
5. Are any internships provided by Bangalore Law College?
Yes, Bangalore Law College offers compulsory internships as a part of the curriculum to its students
6. What are the courses offered?
Bangalore Law College offers a Bachelor of Law for 3 years and a Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Law for 5 years.
7. What entrance examinations are needed to get admission for LLB and BA LLB?
You can appear for any CLAT/LSAT/AILET examination to get admission for LLB and BA LLB.
8. What are the facilities offered by Bangalore Law College?
Bangalore Law College offers facilities like an anti-ragging cell, a legal aid cell, NSS, sports, cultural activities, and a moot court hall.
9. How to contact Bangalore Law College?
You can contact Bangalore Law College by mailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org or give a call at this number - 080 2323 2444
If you have an eye for a career in the legal field, you definitely would like to go through my detailed post on another law college. You can click and follow the link below to gather important information on:
If you are an alumnus or associated with Bangalore Law College, then kindly share your experience and a review about Bangalore Law College as it will help our law aspirants to get a better idea of this college.