|Apply for Admission 2022-23|
Hi all! I welcome you all to my posts on the nursing colleges in Karnataka. I know that all of you might be busy preparing for your entrance examinations. You and your parents must be in a dilemma in deciding which stream or course will be suitable for your bright future. I am here to help you in choosing the right course to get admission to the college of your preference. In this post, let me share more details about Bapuji Nursing College, Shimoga. It is among the best colleges to study nursing in Karnataka.
Let’s know more about the institution in detail.
Table of Contents
- Bapuji College of Nursing Shimoga Overview
- Shimoga: Bread Basket of Karnataka
- How to reach Shimoga?
- How to reach the Bapuji College of Nursing Shimoga campus?
- Eligibility for getting admissions
- Admission Process 2022-23
- Bapuji College of Nursing Shimoga Fees Structure
- Departments and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
Bapuji College of Nursing Shimoga Overview
Bapuji College of Nursing comes under the Babuji Vidya Samasthe, which was founded in the year 1993. Late Shri J.H.Patel who was the Ex-Chief Minister of Karnataka was one of the patrons who founded the college. The Director of the College is Sri. M.V.P Aardaya and the Principal is Professor Mrs. Kavitha. S.D.
The institution is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore, and the Karnataka State Diploma in Nursing Examination Board (KSDNEB). It is also recognized by the Karnataka State Nursing Council and Indian Nursing Council (INC).
The college premises is located on Sowalanga Road, Opposite Agricultural University, Shimoga 577205.
Faculties here believe in providing education in nursing based on the principles of theory and practicals, so as to make professional nurses who will be able to function as team members, in the healthcare sector as nurses. Graduates having experience can move into positions of leadership in the organizations.
More emphasis is given to the overall development of the students. They are provided training on various aspects of human values, which helps them to become not only professionals but good human beings who contribute to this society.
Shimoga: Bread Basket of Karnataka
Shimoga is also known as the Bread Basket of Karnataka. It is located in the Malnad region. Shimoga is around two hundred and seventy kilometers from Bangalore on the Bangalore-Honnavar National Highway no 206. It is truly a nature’s paradise with scenic surroundings, tropical forests, rivers, lakes, and valleys. It is the most sought-after tourist destination in Karnataka.
How to reach Shimoga?
Shimoga is accessible by road, train, and by air.
- Road-City of Shimoga is 270 km from Bangalore. Buses are available from different parts of Karnataka and also from the nearby states.
- Train-It is located on the Bangalore-Talguppa train route. Trains are available from Bangalore and Mysore.
- Air-The nearest airports to Shimoga are Bangalore, Mangalore, and Hubli.
It is around 5 hours from Bangalore city. If you are looking for colleges in Bangalore, you can read my detailed article about top nursing colleges in Bangalore.
How to reach the Bapuji College of Nursing Shimoga campus?
Bapuji College of Nursing is almost six kilometers from the City of Shimoga on the Savalanga Road. Buses and auto-rickshaws are available to reach the college. The bus stop is in front of the college.
Bapuji College of Nursing offers two courses which are Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing) and General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM).
Bachelor of Science in Nursing B.Sc. (Nursing) at Bapuji College of Nursing Shimoga
Bachelor of Science in Nursing is also known as B.Sc. Nursing. The course is for a duration of four years which starts from the date of commencement of study to the date of completion of the course.
The course structure of B.Sc. Nursing includes the following subjects:
|Subjects in First Year||Subjects in Second Year|
|Nursing Foundation.||Community Health Nursing.|
|Psychology.||Communication and Education Technology.|
|Microbiology.||Self-study and library work.|
|Introduction to Computers.||Co-Curricular Activities.|
|Subjects in Third Year||Subjects in Fourth Year|
|Medical-Surgical Nursing-II.||Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing.|
|Child Health Nursing.||Community Health Nursing-II.|
|Mental Health Nursing.||Nursing Research and Statistics.|
|Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing.||Management of Nursing Services and Education.|
General Nursing and Midwifery(GNM) at Bapuji College of Nursing Shimoga
General Nursing and Midwifery is also known as GNM. It is a Diploma course for a duration of three years and six months. An internship of six months is mandatory. After finishing the course, the students can register themselves as registered nurse or midwife under the State Nurse Registration Council.
Eligibility for getting admissions
Candidates must have the following to get admission into B.Sc Nursing:
- Must pass 10th Standard and 12th standard/+2.
- Must pass a two-year PUC or any board which is equivalent is recognized by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB).
- Must score a minimum of forty-five percent in subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with English. For those who belong to SC/ST/OBC, the minimum score is forty percent.
- Must have attained seventeen years of age on the year of taking admissions.
- Good knowledge of English is essential.
- Should be physically and mentally fit.
Candidates looking for admission to GNM must satisfy the following conditions:
- The minimum and maximum ages for getting admissions are seventeen and thirty-five years.
- Must have passed 12th standard preferably with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with English with minimum marks of forty percent marks.
- 10+2 in Arts Stream(Maths, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology) and English Core or Elective or Healthcare Science in the vocational stream, must pass from a recognized Board, or any other equivalent with forty percentage marks.
- 12th Standard vocational Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM) under CBSE Board or equivalent Board or equivalent board with forty percentage marks.
- Must be medically and mentally fit.
- Students passed 12th Standard with Arts or Science or Health care Science as a vocational stream by the National Institute of Open Schooling with forty percentage marks.
Attested copies of the original certificates have to be sent along with the application form. The documents which are required for B.Sc Nursing are:
- Marks card of the qualification exams (II PUC/PDC).
- SSLC Mark sheet (For verifying date of birth).
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Conduct Certificate from the last attended institution.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate (if it is applicable).
- Eligibility Certificate.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
Documents required for admission to GNM are:
- 12th Standard Mark sheet (Any Stream).
- Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM) passing Certificate.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Conduct Certificate from the last attended institution.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate (if applicable).
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
Admission Process 2022-23
The admission process for the current year is mentioned on the website. Please follow the steps and fill out the application form and submit the application fees through the payment gateway. Take a printout of the completed application for future references or you can call me and I will guide you through the complete admission procedure.
Bapuji College of Nursing Shimoga Fees Structure
To know more details about the course fee structure and its break up, feel free to call us on the number mentioned on our website so that we can help you in getting admission to the college.
Placement assistance is provided to all the students. The placement cell trains the students in industry-specific skills so as to make them ready for the healthcare industry.
Bapuji College of Nursing Shimoga campus is located in the most beautiful place in Karnataka. The amenities provided for the students are:
Classrooms at Bapuji College of Nursing Shimoga
Each class is designed to accommodate around a hundred students. It has a customized seating arrangement, smart boards, and a CCTV camera.
Labs at Bapuji College of Nursing Shimoga
Labs provide a hands-on learning experience with specializations with a well-equipped computer laboratory.
Bapuji Nursing College has a parent hospital with two hundred and fifty beds with amenities located within the campus.
Hostel Accommodation at Bapuji College of Nursing Shimoga
Hostel Accommodation is given prime importance with clean, safe, and secure in-house facilities. The hostel is safe and secure with CCTV, drinking water, and security with a warden available round the clock.
Multipurpose Hall is used for conducting events, workshops, seminars, and extracurricular activities.
Bapuji College of Nursing has constituted an Anti-Ragging Committee for the safety of the students. The institution has banned ragging by any students or group of students within the college premises in places such as campus, classrooms, laboratories, hospitals, toilets, and playgrounds.
Rules and regulations are set by the Anti-Ragging Committee. If the students do not adhere to the rules, then if they are found guilty, then they are punished according to the nature and gravity of the offense.
Activities for Students at Bapuji College of Nursing Shimoga
Every year the college provides a platform to exhibit and show talents. A wide variety of creative and artistic talents are recognized in inter-class competitions. Theme week, Ethnic Day, Colours Week, and Annual Day are a few programs conducted within the campus.
Departments and Research
Bapuji College of Nursing Shimoga has separate departments for the specializations. They are:
1. Medical-Surgical Nursing
The Medical-Surgical Nursing Department looks into the understanding of disease pathology in the various parts of the human body.
2. Community Health Nursing
Community Health Nursing is the basis of our healthcare system. The main purpose is to provide healthcare services at the doorstep. They conduct health awareness campaigns, family planning, nutrition, and so on. Students are encouraged to take part in National Health Programmes which are organized by the District Office in Shimoga.
3. Child Health Nursing
Pediatrics deals with the well-being of the child and the overall child development. The institution conducts visits to child care hospitals, crèche, Anganwadi, and challenged child care health centers.
4. Obstetrical and Gynaecological Nursing
It usually looks into pre, post, and intra-period and also deals with diseases relating to the female reproductive system. The department conducts the incidental types of teaching, clinical rounds, demonstrations, and conducts an evaluation of clinical performance.
5. Mental Health Nursing
The main purpose of the department is to impart education on mental health issues and disease prevention and management. Students are made to get experiences in real-life situations and apply the skills to patient care.
I have tried my level best to provide you with the maximum amount of relevant information about Babuji College of Nursing, Shimoga. The post is based on my research which I have done online. It should help you in deciding about the college.
If you like my post, please share it with your friends, so that more people come to know about this college. To know more: please visit http://www.ksnc.karnataka.gov.in/.Having more questions on your mind, please post your questions in the comment box and I will get back at the earliest.
If you are a student from Bapuji College of Nursing, Shimoga, please write the review below, so that it helps others.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the duration of the B.Sc Nursing course: Three years or four years?
B.Sc. Nursing is a full-time course for a duration of four years.
2. Can B.Sc. Nursing be considered equivalent to an MBBS degree?
No, B.Sc. Nursing is not equivalent to an MBBS degree.B.Sc Nursing is a four-year course while MBBS is a course for a duration of four and half years.NEET is required for getting admission to MBBS but in B.Sc. Nursing NEET is not required. Nurses have to work under the guidance of doctors whereas the doctors can practice independently.
3. How to apply for B.Sc. Nursing Colleges in Karnataka?
Karnataka Examination Board (KEA) issues the B.Sc. Nursing forms on their website. It conducts Karnataka CET examinations for the management and NRI Quota seats.
4. What is the fee structure for B.Sc Nursing in Karnataka?
The fee structure for pursuing B.Sc. Nursing in Karnataka is around sixty thousand rupees for four years.
5. When will the admission start for the B.Sc Nursing colleges in Karnataka?
The admission process begins for B.Sc. Nursing in the month of April. The best time to take admission is between April and October.
6. What are the course subjects for B.Sc Nursing?
The course subjects for B.Sc. Nursing are:
- Foundation for Nursing.
- Community Health Nursing.
- Sociology Nursing Education.
- Paediatric Nursing.
- OBG Nursing.
- Nursing Management and Administration.
- Mental Health Nursing.
- Nursing Research and Statics.
7. Which countries have a huge demand for Indian nursing graduates?
Countries like Germany, Italy, the UK, the USA, and Middle Eastern Countries have a huge demand for Indian Nursing graduates.
8. What are the future prospects after completing B.Sc Nursing?
There are various amount of opportunities available after completing B.Sc. Nursing course in India. The future opportunities for B.Sc. Nursing graduates are:
- Pursuing higher studies after B.Sc. Nursing-M.Sc. Nursing in any specialization.
- Master’s in Public Health (MPH).
- Master’s in Business (MBA-Healthcare Analytics).
- Master’s in Business (MBA-Hospital Administration).
Various job opportunities available are:
- Nursing Supervisor.
- Registered Nurse.
- Nurse Educator.
- Public Health Nurse.
- School Health Nurse.
- Occupational Health Nurse.
- Nursing Health Assistant.
- Nursing Instructor.
- Nursing Advisor.
- Staff Nurse.
- Home Nurse.
- Nursing superintendents and so on.
9. Can Nursing graduates open their private clinics in India?
No, nursing graduates cannot open their private clinics in India.
10. How much does a nursing graduate earn in a Government Hospital in India?
The minimum salary of a Nursing graduate who practices nursing is around Twenty five thousand rupees, in any Government Hospital in India.