Hi everyone. With limited information and resource on various colleges available on the internet, selecting a good dental college for your degree course can be challenging. Here, at our higher education institutions blog, we have gathered all the necessary information you require to make the right decision. College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre Ahmedabad is a reputed institution that equips its students with the right knowledge to ensure a flourishing career in dentistry.
In this blog, you will find all the necessary information you need to know about the BDS and MDS courses, the admission process, campus life, facilities, and other resources offered by the college.
Table of Contents
- College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre Ahmedabad Overview
- College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre Ahmedabad Admission
- College of Dental Sciences Ahmedabad Courses Offered
- College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre Ahmedabad Fee Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Awards and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre Ahmedabad Overview
College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Dental Surgery. It was conceived in the year 2006 under Maa Kamala Charitable Trust and is one of the leading dental institutions in Gujarat. The college is affiliated with Gujarat University and its degree courses are approved by the Dental Council of India.
The undergraduate degree course (BDS) duration is 5 years (including 1-year compulsory rotatory internship). The postgraduate degree course (MDS) duration is 3 years and has a total of 8 specializations.
|Name||College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre Ahmedabad|
|Address||Opp. Pleasure Club, Near Navneet Printing Press, Bopal, Ghuma – Manipur, Ahmedabad – 382115.|
|Affiliated to||Gujarat University|
|Recognized by||Dental Council of India|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India, Gujarat University|
|Hostel||Separate Building for boys and girls|
College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre Ahmedabad Admission
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||100|
|Masters of Dental Surgery (MDS)||24 ( 3 students each in 8 branches)|
- Admissions to the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) program are based on the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the National Board of Examinations.
- The counseling process for admissions is conducted by The Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Courses (ACPUGMEC) in Gujarat.
- Candidates need to appear for the all-India National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for the current academic year.
- After the results are declared, candidates need to select the College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre Ahmedabad as one of the colleges to apply to.
- Candidates need to appear for the counseling process with all required documents.
- The documents are verified during the counseling process and admission is offered to eligible candidates.
BDS Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates need to satisfy the eligibility norms laid down by DCI for BDS courses.
- Candidates must pass PUC/10+2 or the Equivalent Exam.
- Candidates need to clear the NEET exam with a score of a minimum of 50% aggregate (general category) in physics, chemistry, and biology. 40% aggregate for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- The candidate’s age should be 17 years as of 31st December in the academic year.
- The candidate should be an Indian national.
Documents Required for BDS Admission
- S.S.C. (10th std.) mark sheet.
- H.S.C. (12th std.) mark sheet.
- Proof of All-India NEET score.
- Migration certificate by Board (if required).
- Transfer certificate (if required).
- Birth certificate.
- Caste certificates for SC, ST, and OBC candidates.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Blood group report.
- 4 passports and 2 stamp-size photographs.
- Eligibility certificate (if required).
- Copies of passport & visa in case of foreign students.
- Photocopy of student’s PAN card.
- Gap certificate.
MDS Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have completed the BDS course from a DCI-recognised institution.
- Candidates need to pass the NEET-MDS examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations for the academic year.
- Candidate should complete the 1-year compulsory rotational internship.
Documents Required For MDS Admission
- Proof of All-India NEET-MDS score.
- BDS mark sheet (for all 4 years).
- 1-year Compulsory rotatory internship completion certificate.
- BDS degree certificate.
- BDS passing certificate.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Conduct and character certificate.
- Migration Certificate ( if required).
- Transfer Certificate (TC).
- Photo ID proof.
- Caste certificate for SC, ST, and OBC candidates.
- Income and Assets certificate for EWS candidates.
- Nationality Certificate: Passport/School Leaving Certificate.
- Gap certificate ( if required).
College of Dental Sciences Ahmedabad Courses Offered
College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre offers a 5-year BDS program that includes 4 years of training and 1 year of compulsory rotary internship. The course is designed for absolute beginners who want to begin their journey in this field. They teach students about the fundamental subjects of the field so that students can build a very strong foundation.
The 4-year BDS course includes:
Students undergo pre-clinical training to familiarize themselves with dental materials and procedures.
|5th Year||Compulsory Internship in all the dental departments|
College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre offers 3- a year Masters of Dental Surgery (MDS) – PG course in 8 branches of specializations. It is the next step once you’re done with your undergraduate degree and want to expand your knowledge more. You will learn more complex concepts which fall under the subject, and then you can also venture into research post this.
The course includes the following specializations:
Focuses on research, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases in the oral cavity, including the teeth, soft tissues and bones, and other paranormal structures, by using clinical, biochemical, radiographic, microscopic, or other examinations. And management of patients.
Focuses on the development of dentition, occlusion, and craniofacial growth and concentrates on the prevention and correction of occlusal anomalies. A substantial understanding of orthodontics is essential for planning dental treatment in children and treating complex malocclusion in adults.
Focuses on the treatment of gum problems and health issues associated with poor oral hygiene. Postgraduates learn about various procedures and treatments such as root planing, abscess drainage, splinting, and scaling, and various surgeries such as implant surgeries, micro-surgeries, flap surgeries, laser-assisted surgeries, etc.
Focuses on different treatments for various dental diseases that occur in infants, children, and adolescent patients. They specialize in the special dental healthcare needs of children.
Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
It focuses on replacing teeth and missing oral structures with fixed, removable, and implant-supported prostheses.
Conservative dentistry and Endodontics
Focuses on preserving the natural tooth. It works to conserve the natural tooth structure and restore any dental loss with an appropriate restorative material.
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Focuses on the diagnosis and surgical treatment of various injuries, diseases, deformities, and defects of the neck and head region. It also includes various surgical procedures involving the functional and aesthetic areas of the complex and soft tissue of the oral and maxillofacial region (face, jaw, and mouth).
Oral Medicine & Radiology
Oral medicine focuses on the lesions of jawbones and mucosa, including systemic diseases’ oral manifestations. Radiology focuses on the systematic analysis of the radiographic images, conducting a detailed clinical examination for an accurate diagnosis, and formulating an appropriate treatment plan for the patient.
|Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|Periodontology and Implantology|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|Oral Pathology and Microbiology|
|Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge|
|Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry|
|Department of Implantology|
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics|
|Public Health Dentistry|
College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre Ahmedabad Fee Structure
Fees are a significant factor in choosing a college for BDS or MDS program. Apart from the tuition fees, you also need to consider the hostel fees, lab fees, living expenses, travel expenses, and expenses on other resources such as books and stationery.
The Tuition fees at the college of dental sciences and research center Ahmedabad are similar to other private dental science colleges in India offering BDS and MDS programs. Upon successful selection, the student needs to contact the appropriate college representative to understand the tuition fees and other changes better, if any.
Like many other private medical colleges, the education fees for CDSRC can be high for some people. Most private medical colleges partner with banks that provide financial aid in the form of education loans to eligible students. You can also apply for scholarships to finance your education. Scholarships may either be merit-based or need-based.
Placements and Scope
After obtaining a BDS degree, many students pursue a master’s degree in Dental Surgery in a particular specialization, followed by residency practice before beginning clinical practice. You can also opt for a master’s in public health or business administration.
But if you think you don’t want to study further, you still have various interesting career options after graduating with a BDS degree. Here are a few roles you can take on:
- Private clinical practitioner.
- Government clinical practitioner.
- Dental cosmetologist.
- Dental blogger.
- Forensic dentist.
- Dental insurance consultant.
After completing your BDS and MDS degrees, you can apply for central or state government jobs that recruit dentists for government hospitals across India. Some common dentist positions at government institutions include:
- Army dental corps.
- Dental officer in railways.
- Contractual dental officer in the navy or airforce.
- Dental surgeons employed by state governments.
You can also consider major hospitals like Apollo, and Wockhardt and large national chains like Manipal Hospitals, HCG, and Fortis.
You can even choose to become a dentist overseas. Apply for an MDS degree abroad in a country of your choice. Or start your dental practice in a foreign country. Different countries have different eligibility criteria. You need to understand the eligibility criteria of a particular country before applying.
Awards and Achievements
The college is one of the most well-recognized colleges in Gujarat. It is affiliated with Gujarat University and approved by the prestigious Dental Council of India.
The students are achievers too, and the college continuously encourages students to unleash their potential. For instance, in 2022, Devina Desai got a gold medal in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Jhanvi Shah got a gold medal and ranked number one at Gujarat University.
Renowned personalities regularly visit the campus. Recently, the honorable Chief Minister of Gujarat paid a visit during a Doctor’s Meet organized by the college.
The hostel facility is present within the campus premises with separate buildings for boys and girls. Accommodation is available to students on sharing or individual basis. The hostel also has recreation and entertainment facilities such as a gym, table tennis, and an audio-visual room. It includes a mess facility that offers students nutritious, hygienic, and delicious food.
The library has several books on all branches of Dentistry and subscriptions to various online and print journals. The library has a high-speed broadband internet connection and a Xerox facility for students and faculty. It has separate UG & PG sections for reading. The library contains a total of 3510 books, 1498 back-volume journals, and a seating capacity of 202 seats.
College Contact Details
- Address: Close to Navneet Printing Press, Bopal, Ghuma, Ahmedabad- 382115.
The numerous Dental Colleges in India available to you can make you stressed and anxious about choosing the most suitable dental college for your degree. Despite hours of research and reading all the online reviews, it may still become difficult to make an appropriate career choice. At such times, experts can guide your decision-making. Our goal is to listen to your concerns and help you find the ideal college that suits you best. You can read our blogs and articles for more information on colleges in India, or you can contact us directly to expedite your admission process.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many MDS specialisations are at the College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre, Ahmedabad?
You can choose to specialise from any of the total eight specialisations offered by the College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre Ahmedabad for the MDS course.
2. How long is the internship for BDS students?
The BDS students must complete a mandatory 1-year internship to complete their degree course successfully.
3. What is the annual intake of BDS students?
The college intakes 100 students annually in BDS.
4. Does the college have a hostel facility?
Yes, the college provides a hostel and mess facility within the college campus with a separate building for boys and girls.
5. Is it a requirement to present the NEET admit card during the admission procedure?
The submission of the NEET admit card during the admission process is a requirement and a necessary document.
6. What is the stipend offered to BDS or MDS students?
As the college is private and therefore, it does not offer any stipend to BDS or MDS students.
7. What are my career options after graduating from the College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre, Ahmedabad?
After acquiring your BDS degree you can pursue your MDS at the institute in any one of the 8 specializations. After completing your MDS degree you can seek employment as a lecturer at the institute, apply for dentist jobs with government recruiters or private recruiters, or begin private clinical practice.
Note to Readers:
If you want to add any valuable information that can help future dental students then please do mention them in the comments. Thank you for reading our blog.