Choosing the right college after school is both an exciting and overwhelming decision to make. With so many colleges to choose from and so much information about them, it can become barely possible for you to make a rational decision. We understand your concerns and to help you out and make things easier, we have curated blogs about different colleges to provide you with all the relevant information you need. So, if you are interested in Ayurveda and are keen on pursuing a career in this field, then keep reading till the end. In this article, we will provide every information that you will need to know about Dr BNM Ayurvedic Medical College Bijapur, one of the best colleges for ayurvedic studies in Karnataka.
Table of Contents
- Dr BNM Ayurvedic College Overview
- Admission to BNM Ayurvedic College
- Ayurveda Courses Offered
- BNM Ayurvedic College Departments
- Program Fees Structure
- Placements and Career Avenues
- Ranking and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Dr BNM Ayurvedic College Overview
Established by Dr Basavaraj Nagur Memorial Educational Trust in the year 1992, the college is spread across 8 acres. It is a private institution that is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and is approved by the Central Council of Indian Medicines (CCIM). Dr BNM Ayurvedic Medical College Bijapur has ensured free education to many underprivileged students with the hope of spreading traditional knowledge of Ayurveda to as many as possible.
|Name||Dr BNM Ayurvedic Medical College|
|Address||Smt. Sushildevi Nagpur Colony, College Rd, Vijatyapur, Karnataka|
|Affiliated To||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved By||Central Council of Indian Medicines (CCIM)|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full-Time|
|Campus Area||8 Acres|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
The college has a vision of producing dedicated professionals who possess deep knowledge in the field of Ayurveda with high regard for ethical standards of working with human bodies.
- Dr BNM Ayurvedic Medical College Bijapur is on a mission of spreading the significance of Ayurveda by encouraging the students to teach the knowledge they gained to others.
- The college aspires to build a nation that follows the principles and fundamentals of Ayurveda and has an improved healthcare system.
Why Choose Dr BNM Ayurvedic College?
- The college stands on an extensive 8 acres of land which has all the amenities needed by the students.
- It provides numerous facilities such as a spacious library, separate hostel facilities for boys and girls, well-equipped classrooms, and advanced laboratories.
- The college is serious about the safety and security of its students and considers it a top priority.
- It is constantly working towards ensuring the security of the students on campus.
- Dr BNM Ayurvedic Medical College Bijapur has a stringent policy toward ragging on campus. It has zero tolerance for such illicit activities and considers it a crime.
- Students are regularly made aware and warned of the consequences of indulging in such activities.
- Any behaviour which is directed towards harassing someone is highly condemned and strict punishment is granted.
Admission to BNM Ayurvedic College
Dr BNM Ayurvedic Medical College Bijapur offers admission into two courses to its aspiring candidates, BAMS (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery) as an undergraduate course and MD in Ayurveda (Doctor of Medicine in Ayurveda) as a post-graduate course.
BAMS Duration & Intake
- Duration: 5.5 academic years. (Including 1-year Internship)
- Intake Capacity: 50 seats.
BAMS is 5 years and 6 months academic course that is designed to provide students with a deep knowledge of Ayurveda and how it integrates modern science with traditional knowledge of Ayurveda. BAMS focuses on that aspect of Ayurvedic medicines. The duration of the course is divided into 4 years as follows:
|Training period||12 months|
- The first 3 years of the course have a duration of 1 academic year while the last year (fourth year) is 1 year and 6 months in duration.
- Each year is divided into two terms of 6 months duration except the last year of the course which is divided into 3 terms of 6 months each.
- The college has reserved 50 seats of BAMS for its undergraduate (UG) students.
Eligibility Criteria for BAMS
Students must meet all the below-listed criteria of eligibility for getting admission into the BAMS degree course.
- The candidates must be at least 17 years of age or utmost 25 years of age at the time of admission into the BAMS program. For the candidates belonging to reserved categories like Scheduled Castes (SCs)/Scheduled Tribes (STs), Other Backward Classes (OBCs), and PWD (person with a disability), the upper age limit can be relaxed by 5 years. However, for candidates from the general category, the upper age limit is the same as 25 years of age.
- The candidates must have completed their 10+2 examinations or any other exams recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences with a minimum of 50% marks. The candidates should have taken subjects like Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects in their 10+2 exams. This applies to those belonging to the general category.
- The candidates aspiring to take admitted into BAMS must qualify NEET examination. The cut-off for the candidates belonging to states other than Karnataka is 147 marks while for the OBC category, the cut-off is kept at 113 marks.
MD (Ayurveda) Intake
- Duration: 3 academic years.
- Intake Capacity: 21 seats.
The seat distribution of the various departments is as follows.
Eligibility for MD (Ayurveda)
Students must satisfy the below-listed criteria of eligibility for getting admission into MD Ayurveda.
- The candidates willing to apply for the course must have completed a degree in BAMS or any other degree equivalent to BAMS by any University recognized by CCIM in India and established by law.
- For admission into BAMS and MD programmes, the candidate is required to clear NEET or National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test that is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) every academic year. It is a common entrance examination for all the students willing to take admitted into the various medical institutions of the country.
- The candidates willing to take admission into undergraduate courses must appear for NEET (UG) while the candidates willing to take admission into postgraduate courses must appear for NEET (PG).
- After the examination is over and due evaluation, an All-India common merit list and a State-wide merit list of eligible candidates are prepared based on the marks obtained by them in the NEET examination.
How to Apply?
- Admission to BAMS and MD Ayurveda is done using the NEET scorecard.
- To obtain updates on registration and exam proceedings, candidates will have to visit the official website of NEET.
- After registration for the NEET exam has started, candidates will need to visit their official website and fill out the application form.
- To fill out the form, they must have an active email address and a mobile number in case of communication.
- Candidates will need to upload pertinent documents in the required format and size.
- Candidates will then be directed to a payment gateway where they will be required to application fee.
- It would be helpful if candidates could print the application form.
- The qualifying candidates will then have to visit the administrative department of the college to undergo further admission procedures following the NEET results announcement.
- An all-India merit list will be out following the announcement of selected candidates. Counselling sessions will be arranged based on which admissions will follow.
Documents Required for BAMS
- High School (10th) transcripts.
- PUC/Intermediate (12th) transcripts.
- Income Certificate (If applicable).
- Study Certificate.
- Leaving Certificate.
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable).
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Scorecard and rank card.
- Caste Certificate (If applicable).
- Migration Certificate (for non-native students).
Documents Required for MD (Ayurveda)
- High School (10th) transcript.
- PUC/Intermediate (12th) transcripts.
- Certificate of Birth.
- 10th Marksheet.
- 12th Marksheet.
- Eligibility Certificate from RGUHS, Bangalore.
- Aadhaar Card or any other identity card.
- Passport Size Photos.
- Transcripts and degree certificate of BAMS course.
- Internship completion certificate.
Ayurveda Courses Offered
The college offers two medical courses: BAMS and MD (Ayurveda).
BAMS (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery)
- The course focuses on the concept and principles of Ayurveda in depth and aims to produce Ayurvedic professionals who have a strong foothold in Ayurvedic fundamentals.
- The course teaches the students about the integration of modern medical science and traditional Ayurvedic medicines and how it not only cures the human body of various diseases and ailments but also prevent it from coming back into the body.
- The course has a 1 year period of training for students that prepares them to make a mark in the health care industry of the country by practically training them. This is usually preceded by nearly 4.5 years of academic classroom training
MD Ayurveda (Doctor of Medicine in Ayurveda)
- MD Ayurveda is a 3-year-long postgraduate degree course which focuses on the various areas of health care including lifestyle and wellness.
- It focuses on different techniques, disorders in surgery, etc.
- It aims to teach students about the holistic and natural approach that Ayurveda takes in not only curing various ailments of the body but also preventing those ailments from coming back.
- Students who have done graduation in BAMS or any other equivalent degree can pursue this course.
- Those who have a passion and keen interest in studying Ayurveda and its traditional knowledge can opt for this course.
MD (Ayurveda) Specialisations
- Kaya Chikatsa.
- Samhita Siddhanta.
- Dravya Guna.
BNM Ayurvedic College Departments
Program Fees Structure
Dr BNM Ayurvedic Medical College Bijapur offers two courses namely BAMS and MD Ayurveda to its students.
|Course||Govt. Quota Seats||Private Quota Seats|
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine||Rs. 60,500||Rs. 2,00,500|
|Doctor of Medicine (Ayurveda)||–||–|
The annual tuition fees of the two courses are subject to change every year. Thus, it is advised to check once with the college authorities for information about the fee structure of the courses. A detailed fee structure will also be available in the admission prospectus of the college.
For students going through a financial crunch or looking for ways to finance their higher studies, education loans are a great option for them. These loans are given to students at a lower rate of interest and cover all their expenses including the tuition fees of the degree they are pursuing.
Usually, colleges provide scholarships to meritorious students who are excellent in academics. Thus, it is recommended to always inquire about scholarship schemes at the college administrative department.
However, In case you still have any queries or doubts, you can always contact us. Our team of experienced professionals will try to resolve your doubts as soon as possible.
Placements and Career Avenues
There used to be a time when there were very limited job opportunities for a person with a degree in Ayurveda. But times have changed drastically in the last few decades with the increase in the popularity of Ayurveda and its benefits not only in India but also in western countries, there has been an uptick in opportunities in various industries for students graduating with a degree in BAMS and MD Ayurveda.
Job Sectors for BAMS Grads
Graduates with a degree in BAMS can choose to work in several industries today. They can also get an opportunity to work in government as well as the private sector.
Industries where BAMS graduates can work
- Ayurvedic and health resorts.
- Health care industry.
- Research institutions.
- Pharmaceutical industry.
- Panchakarma Ashram.
- Government/ Private hospitals.
- Life Science industry.
- Education industry.
- Medical Tourism industry.
Top Recruiters for BAMS Grads
- Emami Limited.
- Zandu Pharmaceuticals Works Limited.
- The Himalaya Drug Company.
- Surya Herbal Limited.
- Patanjali Ayurved Limited.
Job Profiles for BAMS Grads
- Health Supervisor/ Therapist.
- Clinical Research Associate.
- Drug Manufacturer.
Top Recruiters for MD Ayurveda Grads
There are tons of opportunities for graduates with a degree in MD Ayurveda. They can choose to work in several industries today and can get equal opportunities in government as well as the private sector.
- National Ayush Mission.
- Charak Pharma Private Limited.
- Emami Limited.
- Patanjali Ayurveda Limited.
- National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).
- Pharmaceutical Industries.
MD Ayurveda Job Profiles
- Drug Scientists.
- Ayurveda Practitioner.
- Ayurveda Doctor.
- Pharmacy Manager.
- Business Development Officer.
- Medical Representative.
- Medical Officer.
- Ayurvedic Doctor.
Ranking and Achievements
The college ranks as one of the top colleges for Ayurvedic studies in Karnataka. Consider the following affiliations as proof of the quality education and international-standard infrastructure that the college harbours.
- Dr BNM Ayurvedic Medical College Bijapur is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and is approved by the Central Council of Indian Medicines (CCIM).
- The college is active in conducting various events regularly. One of the events it conducted last year was Labor Day to honour the work of labourers and their contribution to society, Basava Jayanthi, and Doctor’s Day to honour their services in the healthcare industry.
- Students are encouraged to participate in all things extracurricular. As an example, the students of the college have been successful in winning Table Tennis and Throw Ball tournaments that are annually conducted by the RGUHS.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
- Dr BNM Ayurvedic Medical College Bijapur provides the facility of a separate hostel for both boys and girls.
- The hostels are equipped with 200 beds for both boys and girls.
- The rooms are spacious and well-ventilated and encompass all the basic amenities such as a bed, a cupboard, a study table, a fan, a bathroom, etc for a comfortable stay.
- The hostels have a kitchen that provides nutritious and delicious food to its students prepared with utmost hygiene.
- A warden is assigned to each hostel who looks after the hostel and takes care of the student’s basic needs.
- The college has a canteen which is a place of enjoyment and relaxation for students after attending classes.
- It offers various kinds of delicious dishes to students.
- Special care is taken to prepare food abiding by all the hygiene principles without compromising on its nutrition.
- The college has well-furnished classrooms and lecture halls.
- Efforts are being made to maintain a comfortable and peaceful environment in classrooms which facilitates a healthy learning process.
- The college has a team of experienced staff members who are experts in their departments.
- They have a unique style of teaching and possess deep knowledge in the field of Ayurveda.
- The professors of the college are extremely supportive of the students and are always ready to help them and solve their doubts and queries.
- The college is dedicated to looking after the well-being of every student and provides the facility of a 100-bed Ayurvedic hospital on campus.
- The college has an ambulance facility for its students in an emergency.
- The college boasts of an advanced laboratory with modern equipment.
- The laboratory is used for practical training of students and is also used to conduct exams.
- It is supervised by experienced lab technicians.
- The college has a huge library housing more than 10,000 books.
- It has a separate sitting area for boys and girls.
- Every year new sets of books are added to the existing collection.
- The college gives equal importance to sports and extracurricular activities as it gives to academics. Hence, for this reason, it has a vast playground spread across 2 acres of land.
- Various sports and extracurricular activities are regularly conducted over her.
College Contact Details
Address: Smt. Sushildevi Nagpur Colony, College Road, Vijatyapu, Karnataka.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact: 83522 53460 (College), 83522 53560 (Hospital), 83522 53860 (Fax).
We understand how cumbersome college hunting can get. Students often end up making wrong decisions simply due to the lack of appropriate information that they need. Choosing the right college is an extremely important decision to make a is the first step on the ladder of a student’s career.
Therefore, we have tried our best to provide you with all the relevant information that you need about a particular college. Nevertheless, you are free to contact us at times when you are confused or have doubts regarding something. Our team of experienced professionals will try to help clear your doubts and provide you with relevant information as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Dr BNM Ayurvedic Medical College government or private?
It is a private college.
2. What courses are offered at the Dr BNM Medical College?
The courses offered by the college are BAMS and MD Ayurveda in Swasthavritta, Panchakarma, Dravyaguna, Kaya, Chikatsa Samhita, and Siddhanta.
3. Is there an accommodation facility at the Dr BNM Ayurvedic College?
Yes, the college provides separate hostel facilities for both boys and girls.
4. How is the environment at Dr BNM Ayurvedic College?
The college has a secure, calm, and peaceful environment which facilitates a healthy atmosphere for its students for learning.
5. What are the facilities provided at Dr BNM Ayurvedic College?
There are various facilities provided at the college such as hostels, gyms, canteen, libraries, sports, laboratories, transportation, and medical facilities.
6. Is there an anti-ragging policy at Dr BNM Ayurvedic College?
The college has zero tolerance for ragging or any illicit behaviour which is directed toward harassing the students. It has formulated strict policies against it and has serious punishments for such offenders.
7. How many BAMS seats are available in Dr BNM Ayurvedic College?
The college has 50 seats reserved for BAMS students.
8. How many MD Ayurveda seats are available in Dr BNM Ayurvedic College?
The college has 21 seats reserved for MD Ayurveda students.
Would you like to check out another top Ayurveda college? You can click and follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Small Ask:
We have tried our best to provide you with all the relevant information that we could in this blog. However, there can still be a possibility that we could have missed out on some information. Therefore, it’s our humble request to leave us your valuable reviews in the comment section below if you have ever been associated with Dr BNM Ayurvedic Medical College. Thank you!