|Apply for Admission 2022-23|
Hey guys! I hope you are doing well and once again I welcome you all to my article on nursing colleges in Mangalore. You and your parents are discussing which course or college will be best for you.
There is so much confusion about careers and the future. I am here to help and guide you through the whole admission process right from choosing the best options till you get admission into your preferred college.
Now, I am going to talk about Father Muller College of Nursing, Mangalore. It is among the best colleges there. Come along with me and let me tell you more about it.
Table of Contents
- Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore Overview
- Courses available 2022-23
- Documents to be enclosed
- Admission Process 2022-23 for Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore
- Placements Assistance at Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore
- Facilities at Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore
- Smart Classrooms at Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore
- Hostels Facility at Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore
- Library at Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore
- Cafeteria, Canteens, and Coffee Huts
- Sports and Gym
- Utility Hall and Auditorium
- Bank and ATM
- Simulation and skills center
- Anti-ragging Committee
- Departments and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Are there any specialization or specialized courses for B.Sc. Nursing?
Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore Overview
Father Muller Group of Charitable Institutions was started in the year 1880, by Father Augustus Muller who was a German Missionary. Father Muller College of Nursing comes under the Father Muller Charitable Institutions. It came into existence in the year 1987.
The institution started the four-year B.Sc. Nursing degree courses to go along with the advancements in the field of medicine. The Post Certificate B.Sc. Nursing Course which is a two-year course was started in the year 1988, to upgrade students in Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery.
With the growing demand for nurses and nurse educators, postgraduate degrees in nursing began in the year 1992 with five specializations being offered at the University of Mangalore.
Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka (RGUHS). It is recognized by the Karnataka State Nursing Council and Indian Nursing Council (INC). It also has got accredited with NAAC “A” grade.
The college is located on Father Muller Road, in Kanakady in the city of Mangalore, which is in the state of Karnataka.
The Principal of the College is Sr Jacintha D’Souza. Her team comprises faculties who are well qualified, knowledgeable, and experienced to train and mentor the students. The esteemed faculty members are:
- Ms. Seema Shankar Singh Chavan Professor and HOD.
- Mrs. Pathima Violet Fernandes Professor and HOD.
- Dr Devina E Rodrigues Professor and Vice Principal.
- Ms Binisha Pappachan Professor and HOD.
- Sr Dhanya Professor and HOD.
- Mrs. Agnes E.J Professor and HOD.
- Mrs. Shiji P.J Professor and HOD.
- Sr Judy Associate Professor and HOD.
- Mr. Rajeev Mathew Associate Professor.
- Mr. Shajan Xaviour Associate Professor.
- Mrs. Wilma Shalini Noronha Associate Professor.
- Mrs. Pramila D Souza Associate Professor and many more.
Courses available 2022-23
Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore offers B.Sc. Nursing, Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing and M.Sc. Nursing with five specializations.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing) at Father Mullers College of Nursing Mangalore
Bachelor of Science in Nursing is also called B.Sc. Nursing. It is a full-time course for a duration of four years. The intake of the students for the course is a hundred.
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing at Father Mullers College of Nursing Mangalore
It is a full-time course for a duration of two years. He/she can pursue it after completing a Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM). The annual intake of students for this course is sixty students.
Master of Science in Nursing (M.Sc. Nursing) at Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore
Master of Science in Nursing is also called M.Sc. Nursing. It is a full-time course for a duration of two years. The student intake for the course is forty. There are five different specializations that the college is offering to the students.
The specializations are:
- Medical-Surgical Nursing.
- Paediatric Nursing.
- Mental Health Nursing.
- OBG nursing.
- Community Health Nursing.
If he/she is looking to enroll or get admission to the B.Sc. Nursing course, then he/she must satisfy the eligibility criteria:
- Must have passed 10 + 2 or 12th standard or any other equivalent examination.
- The aggregate marks taken together for Physics, Chemistry and Biology must be fifty percent. The marks to be scored by the reserved category is forty percent.
- Must have attained seventeen years on the 31st December on the year of admissions.
- Admission is purely on a merit basis.
- For NRI and foreign students, admissions are based on the qualifying examinations.
- Applications are issued in the months of April and May. The selection process begins in the month of June and July. Admission happens in September.
To get into the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Course, he/she must satisfy the following criterion:
- Must have passed a Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM).
- Must score a minimum of Fifty-five percent in GNM.
- The age limit is forty-eight years on the 31st of August in the year of taking admissions.
- Admissions are based on merit basis.
- Application forms are available in the months of April and May. The selection process starts in the month of June and July. Admissions take place in the month of September.
He/she should fulfill the criterion for admission to M.Sc. Nursing:
- Should have completed Bachelor’s degree in nursing B.Sc. Nursing or P.B.B.Sc Nursing.
- Must have obtained at least fifty-five percentage marks in B.Sc. Nursing or Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- The age limit is forty-five years on 31st May on the year of admissions.
- Experience certificate of one year after completion of B.Sc. /P.B.B.Sc Nursing Degree Registration.
- Admissions are based on merit.
- Application Forms are available in the months of February and March. The selection process starts in the months of April and May. Admissions take place in the month of May.
Documents to be enclosed
The documents to be enclosed along with the application form for the B.Sc Nursing course are:
- 10th Standard Mark sheet (Date of birth proof).
- 12th Standard Mark sheet/II PUC Mark sheet.
- Certificate of Transfer from the last attended institution.
- Certificate of Conduct from the last attended institution.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness.
- Proof of your identity (Voter ID/PAN Card/Passport/Aadhar).
- DD of Rs 750/- for the application fee, which is to be drawn in the favor of Father Muller College of Nursing, payable at Mangalore.
Documents to be attached with the application form for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course are:
- 1.10th Standard mark sheet (Age proof).
- 2.12th standard/10 +2/II PUC Mark sheet.
- Mark sheets and Passing Certificate of GNM.
- Registration Certificate of GNM.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness.
- Must have good knowledge of English.
- Proof of Identity.
- DD of Rs 750/- for application fee in favor of Father Muller College of Nursing, payable at Mangalore.
The documents to be submitted along with the application form for M.Sc Nursing are:
- B.Sc. /P.B.B.Sc Degree Certificate.
- Registration Certificate from the Nursing Council.
- Birth Certificate or SSLC Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Professional one-year experience certificate after completing B.Sc. Nursing or Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing degree.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Demand Draft of Rs 750/- for paying the application fee, drawn in favor of Father Muller College of Nursing, payable at Mangalore.
Admission Process 2022-23 for Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore
|2.||Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing||Sixty.|
Application Forms for the various courses are available on the college website. You are required to bring the original documents with two sets of photocopies during the time of taking admissions.
Please get two recent passport size photos and two stamp size photos also.
Placements Assistance at Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore
Father Muller College of Nursing, Mangalore has a full-fledged career guidance cell that takes active participation in training the students and helping them out in building the skills for the healthcare industry. Top Hospitals and healthcare institutions participate in the recruitment process.
Facilities at Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore
Mangalore also called Mangaluru, is among the largest city in the Dakshin Kannada district of Karnataka. It is an industrial and commercial hub. It is also known as a hub for educational institutions.
The campus of Father Fuller Group of Institutions is situated amidst the scenic beauty and pristine beaches. The beautiful place provides all the necessary amenities for students at the campus. Some of the facilities are:
Smart Classrooms at Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore
Each of the classrooms can accommodate around a hundred students. There is a defined seating arrangement, smart boards, Wi-Fi connections, and CCTV cameras. There are separate classrooms for each batch.
Hostels Facility at Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore
A safe and secure environment is provided for all the boys and girls. There are separate hostels for both with safe drinking water, CCTV camera, and security persons available round the clock. It has recreational facilities. Each hostel has got wardens.
Library at Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore
The library is situated on three floors of around 3,195 square meters. It has got reading rooms with books-resources and journals for both students and faculties.
Cafeteria, Canteens, and Coffee Huts
The campus has a cafeteria, canteen, and coffee huts for the students on the campus.
Sports and Gym
Father Fuller Group of Institutions has an integrated sports complex of National Standards with a playing area of around twenty thousand square feet. There is a state-of-the-art gymnasium with modern facilities a sprawling four thousand five hundred feet.
A transport facility is available for students and staff round the clock, to leave the students from the campus to the hostels.
Utility Hall and Auditorium
There are six seminar halls and three auditoriums that are available for conducting inter-collegiate events, and state, national and international Conferences. All the halls are equipped with Wi-Fi and computer facilities.
The college has a thousand two hundred and fifty bedded parent hospital which is accredited to NABH. It was founded in the year 1966, to find clinical experiences to excel in specializations.
Bank and ATM
Bank and ATM facility is available on the campus.
Simulation and skills center
It is a multi-functional state-of-the-art facility for training the students, with the most advanced simulators and skill trainers.it is one of a kind training facility for both healthcare and non-healthcare training.
Ragging is strictly banned on the Father Muller Campus. The students are advised to refrain from all such activities. All the students are required to obey the rules and regulations set by the Anti-Ragging Committee.
Departments and Research
Various departments of Father Muller College of Nursing Mangalore are:
Department of Child Health Nursing
Child care is the most important aspect of the field of nursing. The department was founded in the year 1987 when the B.Sc. The nursing course was started. The main aim is to train students on the concept of child growth and development.
Department of Community Health Nursing
The department was also established in the year 1987. It regularly conducts education programs for the rural and urban areas. It also actively participates in health camps and national health programs.
Department of Medical-Surgical Nursing
Department of Medical-Surgical Nursing focuses on designing and implementing courses to impart in-depth knowledge and skills for providing preventive, promotive, and rehabilitative care.
Department of Mental Health Nursing
It provides services in psychiatric nursing education, research, and practice, including holistic nursing care services which aim at preventive, promotive, curative, and rehabilitative care in the community.
Department of Nursing Foundation
It is considered the most basic and the most important part of every college. The faculty believes that nursing is the art of caring for people through effective communication, critical decision making, and learning throughout your life.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing
It specializes in caring for women during their pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum period. It is essential to promote the health and well-being of women before and after childbirth. Parental guidance and care are extremely important for women.
I am hoping that I have shared relevant information about Father Muller College of Nursing, Mangalore. I have found the details about the college through my research both online and offline. I had some of my friends who were studying there. They also have shared their experiences with the college.
If you still have more queries or need more information about the college, you can write in the comment box. I will get back as soon as possible. Please visit http://www.rguhs.ac.in/.
If you are looking for nursing colleges in Bangalore, then you can go through my detailed post about the top 10 BSc nursing colleges in Bangalore.
If you are an alumnus of Father Muller College of Nursing, please write a review about the college, so that it is helpful for others.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are there any specialization or specialized courses for B.Sc. Nursing?
No, there is no specialization in the course structure.B.Sc Nursing is a four-year undergraduate program.
2. What are the minimum marks required for B.Sc. Nursing?
The minimum marks required to get into B.Sc. Nursing is Fifty-five percent for general, forty-five to fifty percent for OBC Category, and thirty to forty percent for SC/ST category.
3. Are B.Sc. nursing students in great demand in the US?
Yes, B.Sc. nursing students are in great demand in the US.
4. Is it possible to get direct admission to MBBS in the second or third year, after finishing B.Sc. nursing in India?
No, you cannot get lateral entry into the second year of MBBS. If you want to pursue MBBS, you have to write the NEET examination.
5. I am having a Pharma degree, Can I get admission to B.Sc. nursing?
Yes, you can get admission to B.Sc. nursing if you fulfill the eligibility criteria. Each college may have entrance exams and academic requirements for the course.