|Apply for Admission 2022-23|
When choosing a career after 12th, BPT or Bachelor of Physiotherapy is one of the most opted professional courses in India. In this post, I will be giving you a complete insight into a known physiotherapy college in Bangalore – Garden City College of Physiotherapy, Bangalore.
I had tried my best to provide all the information regarding the college, like admission procedure, fee structure, facilities, placements etc.
Table of Contents
- Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- Courses offered
- Admission Process 2022-23 for Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Fees Structure
- Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Placements
- Campus Facilities
- Department and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
Garden City Educational Trust came into existence in the year 1992, by Dr Joseph V.G along with the support of Professor Shivarudrappa, who is the former Dean of Karnataka University, Dr Hanumanthappa, Former Vice-Chancellor of Bangalore University, Professor V.B.Coutinho, former Vice-Chancellor of Gulbarga University, and Professor Rame Gowda, former Vice-Chancellor of Karnataka State Open University.
The main purpose of establishing the trust was to set up centres of education that would provide qualitative practices in nurturing the students with an education based on values. Garden City University is established under the Karnataka State Act No 47 of the year 2013. It has got its place on the University Grants Commission (UGC) list of Private universities.
Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS). It is recognized by the Indian Association of Physiotherapists (IAP) and the Government of Karnataka. The institution finds its place in GCC House, H.No.340 Indiranagar Double Road, Stage 1, Indiranagar, Bangalore-560038.
Health Sciences is an interdisciplinary field that comprises both behavioural and natural sciences, which concentrates on health issues and their outcomes. The Health Sciences School at Garden City University provides high-quality education in the field of clinical and health sciences sectors. It helps in promoting the overall well-being of individuals and society. It is based on evidence-based research and practices which are helpful in removing the health-related disparities in society.
The Dean of the college is Dr Anjali Suresh, Dr Annie Thomas is the Director of Physio care, Dr D.P.Sudhanagar IQAC Director, Dr Sibi Shaji is the Registrar and Dr Sheeja M.S is the Controller of Examinations. The knowledgeable, experienced and highly qualified faculties bring out the best in the students. Some of the faculty members are:
- Dr Syed Azhar Ahmed-Professor.
- Dr Rama Chandra Prasad L.A-Associate Professor.
- Dr Madhu Malleshappa-Associate Professor.
- Dr KiranKumar.V-Associate Professor.
- Dr Meenatchi Sundaram-Associate Professor.
- Dr Shruthi Awasthi-Assistant Professor.
- Dr.Nagamani.J.E- Assistant Professor.
- Dr.Prema Kulkarni-Assistant Professor.
- Dr Vanitha Krishna Subbaiah-Assistant Professor.
- Dr Preethi Rajesh-Assistant Professor and so on.
Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore offers graduate, post-graduate, and Ph.D. courses. The programs offered by the institution are:
Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Bachelor of Physiotherapy is a course for a duration of four and half years. It includes six months of internship. It introduces the students to the structures of the human body and utilizing of forces like heat and pressure, to treat various ailments. It offers a promising career in the field of medicine. It helps in understanding the details of the human body, to help in reducing pain, or help in making movements without using any drugs.
Physiotherapists form a vital part of any hospital. There are lots of career options available such as working in a rehabilitation center, running a private therapy clinic, schools, and sports teams. It helps to understand how to care for people who have an illness, injuries, and defects by birth.
Master of Physiotherapy
Master of Physiotherapy is a two-year full-time post-graduate course. It helps the graduate-level students to help patients in recovering from injuries, and coping with changes in lifestyle, movements, and functioning, in order to improve their quality of life.
The curriculum consists of subjects like Motor Skills, Psychology, and Reflexology. The students know how to handle and treat patients with different ailments. It helps in providing clinical-based reviews, lab studies as well as research-based projects.
Physiotherapists are needed in the field of sports, rehabilitation of people, and pediatric clinics. In today’s competent world, there is a high demand for physiotherapists. Garden College of Physiotherapy nurtures physiotherapists with excellent communication skills, knowledge, and professional ethics.
PhD in Physiotherapy
Scholars doing research at Garden City University need an interest in pursuing research, skills, and the knowledge to solve the issues of people and also find solutions. One of the most unique concepts is doing impactful research, where the scholars have to select a topic, which is helpful to the policymakers, society, industry heads, practitioners, and researchers.
The research cell continues to public research papers and has citations. Original ideas and outcomes are being explored, filed, and taken to the market. A research scholar has got a wide range of research exposure, career opportunities, and a platform for conducting research and innovation and creating entrepreneurs for building the country.
If he/she wants to get admission to BPT, then he/she needs to satisfy the requirements:
- Students must have passed the 12th standard with forty percentage marks as an aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Wherever the grading system is followed for evaluating the performance of the student in the qualifying examination, the student must make sure that there is a certificate indicating that the percentage obtained is obtained from the University/Board, where the last studies were completed.
- Students must have passed the GCE/O/A level examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology at the A level.
- The exams which are approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), will only be considered by Garden City University. Other students, who have passed from universities other than the Association of University (AIU), will obtain an equivalence certificate.
If he/she wants to pursue a Master of Physiotherapy, then he/she must satisfy the following requirements:
- Must have completed BPT from any recognized university with fifty per cent in aggregate is eligible to get admission.
- He/she should have completed six months of compulsory internship during the Bachelor of Physiotherapy.
For getting admission for PhD in Physiotherapy, the following requirements need to be fulfilled:
- Must have passed full-time Master’s degree or equivalent in the area of interest from an institution recognized by UGC.or
- Master’s Degree from a foreign institution that has got accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, authorized, and recognized under the law by its home country or by any other statutory authority.
- The score in the Master’s Degree must be fifty-five percent of marks or a five-point five CGPA on a scale of ten points.
The admission process is online, where you need to follow the steps and upload the documents. Make sure to take two photocopies of the original documents. The documents required for BPT are:
- 10th and 12th standard mark sheet.
- School leaving certificate.
- Certificate of transfer.
- Certificate of migration.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Proof of Identity.
At the time of getting admission, the documents required for MPT are:
- BPT Mark sheet (Year-wise).
- College leaving certificate.
- Certificate of transfer.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Identification Proof.
The documents needed for getting admission to PhD are:
- Master’s Degree Year-wise Mark sheet.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Course Completion Certificate.
- Certificate of transfer.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Identification Proof.
Admission Process 2022-23 for Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The admission procedure of Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is online. The details are available on the website. The steps to be followed are:
- Fill in the online application and register.
- Pay the registration fees and you will receive a confirmation for the payment of fees.
- A conditional offer letter is sent to your registered email ID.
- A student ID number is generated and a student profile is created.
- Make the payment of the first instalment of the fees and confirm your admission to the course of your choice at Garden City University.
- Fill in the final application form properly and upload the documents for verification, with the statement of purpose and recommendation letter for the candidates.
- After completing the steps above, the students will receive the admit card along with their admission letter.
Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Fees Structure
The fees structure of Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is:
|BPT||Four and half years||Rs 2,30,000|
|MPT||Two years||Rs 4,35,000|
|PhD in Physiotherapy||Three years||Rs 3,15,000|
Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Placements
- Students at Garden City College of Physiotherapy are provided campus placements with the help of the placement cell. During the pre-final year, students who are in the graduation and post-graduation are required to fill out the career advisory firm. It is mandatory for all the students to fill out the form, in order to know their career interests.
- They get individual attention based on the inputs given. Students who choose placements after completing the course are provided rigorous training and assessment in the final year.
- Campus placements open up for the companies twice a year. Students get placed as interns in the last semester wherever they get placed.
- The placement cell releases notifications to the students to know their interests in the respective companies.
Garden City University has got a sprawling and beautiful campus in Indiranagar. The students are made to be comfortable with the necessary amenities, available to them while being in the campus.
The facilities available on campus at Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore are:
Hostel Accommodation at Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
There are separate hostels for boys and girls. Accommodation can be taken in single or double rooms. Each of the rooms is furnished with beds and cupboards. It is a safe and secure place with security round the clock.
Library Facility at Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Garden City College library helps to provide important information to all faculty members and students. A vast collection of books, periodicals, thesis, dissertations, bibliographies, OPAC service, reference, and referral services.
Amenities such as a hospital, a counselor on call, internet stations, convenient stores, multi-activity playgrounds, laundry services, power backup, housekeeping, hot water, safe drinking water, study hall, stationery stores, Wi-Fi, CCTV, ATM are available to the students on campus.
Department and Research
Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore believes in conducting quality research that can solve problems in society. The problems can range from environmental degradation to diseases, to finding the latest topics on which research needs to be done. The aim is to bring innovations to society. The vision of the institute is to dedicate to higher standards of research by applying, facilitating, and providing young researchers with the resources needed for the research activities.
I have spent lots of time and effort gathering information about Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore. My research is based on resources that are available both online and offline. My post will help you in taking the right career decision. If you think my post is interesting and you like it, share it with your near and dear ones. Please visit:http://www.karnatakaphysio.org/ I am here to help you and guide you on any more questions or queries about the college. You can write to me in the comment box below and I assure you I to get back soon.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should I choose Garden City University?
Garden City University is a twenty-eight-year-old institution. It has eight institutions offering courses from Diploma, Bachelor’s, Post Graduate, and Ph.D. It has got students from over eighty-one countries and every state in the country.
2. Does the Garden City College of Physiotherapy Bangalore have a hostel facility?
Yes, the Garden City of Physiotherapy Bangalore has got separate hostel facility for boys and girls.
3. Where is the campus located?
The campus is located in K.R.Puram, which is around twelve minutes drive from Baiyappanahalli metro station, three minutes walking distance from T.C.Palya Bus stand, and ten minutes from K.R.Puram Railway Station. For outstation students, the campus is around forty-five minutes drive from the airport and the same amount of time to the Bangalore Railway Station.
4. Is the University recognized?
The University was established under Act no 47 of 2013 in the State of Karnataka. It is approved by the UGC, Government of India.
5. Is Garden City University accredited?
Yes, the college was converted into Garden City University in the year 2004. It was granted accreditation by the National Accreditation Board.
6. Does physiotherapy have a scope?
Yes. physiotherapy has got a lot of scope. The physiotherapists can specialize in Geriatrics, Cardio-respiratory, Orthopaedics, and Neurology. You can further get a degree of doctorate and work in the field of research.
7. Does physiotherapy need NEET?
Students are not required to write NEET for getting admission into Bachelors of physiotherapy. Separate entrance exams are conducted for getting admissions.
8. Is physiotherapy hard to study?
No, physiotherapy is not hard to study. If you have a keen interest to study the subjects well, then it is not hard to study.
9. Does a physiotherapist earn good money?
Yes, physiotherapists can earn more than one lakh per month. You need to have good command over your clinical knowledge. The fees which are charged by physiotherapists are around five hundred to two thousand per visit.
10. Why should I choose physiotherapy as a career?
When physiotherapy is taken as a career, it helps in making positive changes to health and lifestyle. It provides for the treatment and rehabilitation of people with health issues, mental issues, and sports injuries.
If you are looking for top physiotherapy colleges in Bangalore, then you can go through my detailed post about Kempegowda College of Physiotherapy.