Gulabrao Patil Trust is a diverse group of institutions dedicated to Shri Gulabrao Patil’s memory. The Trust aims to bring an upliftment in the lives of the students studying in these institutions. Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli is a unit of the Group of Institutions. Let me tell you more about the college.
Table of Contents
Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli Overview
The Institution comes under the Gulabrao Patil Memorial Trust, established in 1991. It is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik. Courses are recognized by the Central Council of Homeopathy as well as by the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi. The College offers the UG Course Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery BHMS with an intake capacity of 100 students.
|Name||Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli|
|Address||795, Gulabrao Patil Educational Complex, Near Govt Milk Dairy, Sangli 416410 Maharashtra.|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik|
|Approved by||Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi|
|Recognized by||Ministry of AYUSH|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
The Vision of the Institution is to improve the lives of people living in villages and towns. The College aims to become a well-known homeopathic college by developing professionals with high ethical and moral standards in the field of homeopathy.
The College’s mission is to become the center of academic excellence in the field of homeopathy. Students are provided with state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities, merged with technology to benefit the poor and needy. To make healthcare available to all groups of society.
Why study at Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli?
Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli is one of the famous homeopathy colleges in the State of Maharashtra. It attracts students from neighboring places and districts. You must study BHMS here because:
- The College is affiliated with Maharashtra Health University, Nasik, and recognized by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi, as well as the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi.
- The campus offers state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities such as Hostels, a Cafeteria, Outdoor and Indoor Sports, Cultural Activities, Research, and Conference Hall.
- Faculty Members are knowledgeable, helpful, experienced, and qualified in the homeopathic field.
- Top healthcare companies visit the campus for recruitment, and students are offered attractive salary packages.
Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli Admission
Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College BHMS Course Admission Procedure is:
- Step 1: Go to the Admissions section.
- Step 2: Fill up the application form with your personal credentials.
- Step 3: Upload the documents.
- Step 4: Pay the application fees.
- Step 5: Attend the AYUSH Counseling sessions. The results will be out in the Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli Merit List.
- Step 6: Have a Xerox copy for reference in the future.
Eligibility Criteria for BHMS
To get into the BHMS Program, firstly, you need to become eligible. The eligibility criteria are:
- Candidates must have passed 12th Standard with the Science Stream subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The minimum aggregate score of the subjects should be 50% for General and 40% for SC/ST Students.
- The age for admission is 17 years.
- He/She must be qualified in NEET.
Documents Required for BHMS
Documents that you must bring with you during the counseling process are:
- Selection Letter.
- CET Cell Registration Copy.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Nationality Certificate.
- SSC Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- HSC Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- NEET Admit Card and Scorecard.
- Caste/EWS Certificate (if applicable).
- Non-creamy layer certificate (if applicable).
- College Leaving Certificate/Transfer Certificate.
- Migration (if applicable).
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Gap Affidavit from Notary.
- Duplicate Certificate with FIR(if applicable).
- Hilly area certificate.
- Income Certificate from Tahsildar.
- Xerox Copy of Aadhar Card.
Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Courses Offered
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli offers undergraduate level Bachelor’s Degree in Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery BHMS. It is a full-time program for five years and six months, comprising 4 years and 6 months of academics, followed by 1 year of compulsory internship. The program aims to enhance knowledge and skills about the traditional as well as modern systems of medicine.
Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli Fee Structure
BHMS Course Fees
Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Fees for the undergraduate course BHMS is given below:
|Admission Fee||INR 1500/-||INR 1500/-|
|Tuition Fees||INR 1,17,954/-||INR 58,777/-|
|Development Fees||INR 11,796/-||INR 5,898/-|
|Caution Deposit||INR 10,000/-||INR 10,000/-|
|Total Fees||INR 1,41,250/-||INR 76,375/-|
Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College charges other fees, which are the MUHS Enrolment and Eligibility fees as well as the Amartya Shiksha Yojana Insurance Policy of INR 1275/-.The fees table for the other fees is:
|Particulars||Open Category||Reserve Category|
|Registration Fee||INR 1450/-||INR 1450/-|
|Enrolment Fee||INR 4850/-||INR 1450/-|
|Ashwamedh Sports Fee||INR 500/-||INR 500/-|
|Development Fee||INR 100/-||INR 100/-|
|Disaster Management||INR 50/-||INR 50/-|
|Total||INR 6,950/-||INR 3,550/-|
Placements and Scope
Where will I get placed after BHMS? Does the college arrange placements? These are some questions that come to the mind of a student who is concerned about their job and career. The Placement Department at Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli looks after the internships as well as placements of the students. Companies are invited on campus to conduct written tests and interviews. On selection, students get good salary packages.
Higher Studies after BHMS
Nowadays, students who have completed their BHMS from the colleges in Sangli District are opting to pursue higher education and more job opportunities. These courses help to sharpen the knowledge in the BHMS Stream and gain experience with clinical training. After post-graduation, Students can earn better salary packages. Some of the PG Courses which you can take up after BHMS are:
- MD Homeopathy Materia Medica.
- MD Homeopathy Organon of Medicine.
- MSc Clinical Research.
- MSc Human Genome.
- MSc Medical Biochemistry.
- MSc Health Sciences and Yoga Therapy.
- PGDM Holistic Healthcare.
- Master of Hospital Administration.
- Master of Public Health and so on.
Job Sectors for BHMS
BHMS has gained a lot of popularity these days. There are various opportunities available across job profiles, in both the private and government sector. The salary packages vary from sector to sector. It depends on the years of experience in the field. Some of the sectors which offer jobs to BHMS Graduates are:
- Research Institutes.
- Training Centres.
- Homoeopathic Centres.
- Medical Colleges.
Rankings and Affiliations
Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli is among the top institutions in Maharashtra. The College comes under MUHS, Nasik, and recognized by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi, as well as the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi.
The Institution has a good ranking because of its infrastructure, faculty members, placements, and updated courses. Top healthcare organizations offer good salaries to BHMS Students.
On Campus Facilities Offered
The Institution is located at Gulabrao Patil Educational Complex, Near the Govt Milk Dairy in Sangli. Sangli is located in the southeast part of Maharashtra.It is close to other cities like Satara, Kolhapur, Pune, and Mumbai.
The City is an education hub with many good colleges. Students from various parts of the country as well as abroad come to pursue their studies here. The College ensures a homely and safe place during the course duration.
Some of the Facilities Offered by the College are:
Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli has arranged separate hostel accommodations for boys and girls. There are different types of rooms like single room, double room, and triple room sharing. The rooms are spacious, airy, and well-furnished. The Mess is attached to each of the hostels. Hygienic and healthy food is available at reasonable rates to the students.
The College has an NSS Group which conducts various social activities for the BHMS Students. A batch of 50 students stayed in the village and conducted social camps and health camps, where they understood the villagers’ health problems.
Apart from the above facilities, the other amenities given to students are:
- Games Facility.
- Conference Hall.
- Lecture Halls.
- Field trips and Study tours.
College Contact Details
- Address: 795, Gulabrao Patil Educational Complex, Near Govt Milk Dairy, Sangli 416410 Maharashtra.
- Distance From:
- Distance from Sangli Railway Station: 7.8 km.
- Distance from Sangli Bus Stop: 9.4 km.
- Distance from Sangli Airport: 9.9 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When was Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College established?
Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College was established in 1991.
2. What is the BHMS Cut off at Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli?
The BHMS Cut off at Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli is 50th percentile for General and 40th percentile for SC/ST.
3. How much is the student intake for BHMS in Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College?
The student intake for BHMS is 100 seats in Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College.
4. What are the course fees for BHMS in Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli
The Course Fees for BHMS is INR 1,41,250 per annum in Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli.
5. Is the BHMS Course recognised by CCH, New Delhi?
Yes, the BHMS Course is recognised by CCH, New Delhi.
6. Does the Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College offer scholarships?
Yes, the Gulabrao Patil Homoeopathic Medical College Sangli offers scholarships.
7. What is the minimum age for admissions to BHMS?
The minimum age for admission to BHMS is 17 years.
8. Can I pursue higher studies after BHMS?
Yes, you can pursue higher studies after BHMS.
A small ask
I hope you are going through my post about the BHMS Colleges. If you find it interesting and useful, like and share it among your near and dear ones.I would request you to take some time from your schedule and write a review for us. Share your views in the comments section. Be the changemaker in life of a future healthcare professional. Thanks for your time and review!