|Apply for Admission 2022-23|
Every year there are thousands of students who migrate to Bangalore, from other states for joining the top physiotherapy colleges in Bangalore. But the major dillema they face is choosing the right college within the budget. That is where I can help you out by providing free information about different colleges in Bangalore.
In this article, I will be providing all the information about Hillside College of Physiotherapy in Bangalore.
Table of Contents
Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
Hillside Group of institutions was established in 1996 by the Bheemachandra Educational Trust. The Hillside Group is a huge group that includes schools from kinder garden to the PG level courses, which are in and around the city of Bangalore.
Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences Institute (RGUHS) and the course is approved by the Karnataka Government. The Principal of the college is Dr. David Arun Kumar There is a team of highly qualified, experienced, and knowledgeable faculty members, who are present on the campus to mentor and guide the students. Some of the faculties are:
- Associate Professor-Ms Usharani R.
- Associate Professor-Mrs Jemini Kurian.
- Associate Professor-Mrs Lini Catherine John.
- Assistant Professor-Mrs Anisha Mathew.
- Lecturer-Mrs Savitha. R.
- Lecturer-Mrs Veena T.R.
- Lecturer-Mr Vinu Kumar K.J.
- Lecturer-Mr Arun Surendran.
- Lecturer-Mrs Baby Shalini. K.
- Clinical Tutor-Ms Kripa Mariam Joseph and many more.
Why choose Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore?
Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is the best and most popular college in the city. Here are reasons why you must go for a Bachelor of Physiotherapy:
- The curriculum for the course is of high-quality academic standards.
- The college has an up-to-date infrastructure.
- The institution has state of art and advanced labs.
- They have highly qualified and experienced faculty.
- It provides training and placement facilities to help students in placements in various sectors in the healthcare industry.
- There are opportunities given for co-curricular activities.
Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore offers a graduate-level program, called the Bachelors of Physiotherapy (BPT). It has got an intake of forty students for the course.
Bachelors of Physiotherapy at Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) is a four-year course followed by six months of internship. It is a tiny step towards making a career in the field of physiotherapy. After completing BPT, you can pursue your Master’s in Physiotherapy.
If you are inclined toward doing research, you can pursue a Ph.D. in Physiotherapy. The specializations in MPT are Musculoskeletal, Neurology, Physomatic disorders, Cardio-Respiratory, Paediatrics, and Community Rehabilitation.
Eligibility Criteria for BPT Course
The selection of students to get admission to the Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is based on the fulfillment of the following criteria:
- Must have passed two year PUC examination, conducted by the Department of Pre-university examination by the state of Karnataka, with English language and Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the compulsory subjects. Or
- Must have passed any other examinations/Boards/Council/intermediate examination conducted by the State Government/ Central Government which is recognized by Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences Institute or Association of Indian Universities(AIU)with English as one of the subjects, and Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the optional subjects.
- The students must have passed English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects as well as each of the subjects individually.
The students getting admission to the BPT course are based on a merit basis:
- For getting admission to the BPT course, students must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English separately and must have scored forty percent marks taking Physics, Chemistry, and Biology together in any qualifying examination.
- For students belonging to SC/ST Category or Category-I. The combined score for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology must not be less than thirty-five percent.
- Students wanting to get admission into BPT should have completed seventeen years of age on 31st December the year of getting admission.
- Before getting admission, each student is required to submit to the Principal of the College, a Certificate of Physical Fitness from an authorized Government Medical Officer, that he/she is medically fit to undergo the course.
Documents needed during admissions
When you are going for admission to the BPT course at Hillside College of Physiotherapy, Bangalore the following documents are required:
- 10th Standard Mark sheet.
- 12th Standard/II-PUC Mark sheet.
- Certificate of transfer.
- Certificate of migration.
- Birth Certificate.
- Certificate of Nationality (Only for International Students).
Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore fees structure
The fee structure for the Bachelors of Physiotherapy (BPT) at Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is:
|Bachelors of Physiotherapy(BPT)||Full time, Graduation, On Campus||Rs 6.40,000(Total fees including food and hostel)
Facilities Available on Campus at Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
When the students are available on the campus, during the duration of the program, the college provides all the necessary facilities for providing a safe and secure environment. The facilities available are:
The college has got spacious, comfortable, and well-ventilated classrooms with ample space for going around. It makes the atmosphere inviting and comfortable for the students, who are willing to spend time in these rooms.
Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore has got library staff who are well trained. It has an automated library system to enrich the resources like books, volumes, CDs/DVDs, project reports, and question banks. To keep up with today’s digital era, the library has got high-speed internet access. The students can access journals, Learning Management systems, etc.
Hostel Accommodation at Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The institute provides hostel accommodation for both boys and girls. Each of the rooms is airy and well ventilated. There is a mess facility available for the students who are residing on the campus.
There is a modern, well-equipped seminar hall where extracurricular activities are conducted. Conferences, seminars, and workshops also happen there.
Sports and Recreation Facility
The college believes in the all-around development of the students. There are indoor and outdoor games on the campus. It helps in improving their physical and mental well-being.
Anti-Ragging Cell at Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The college condemns any kind of ragging practices. The old students welcome the new students and they do not adhere to such kind of unhealthy practices. It follows anti-ragging acts and students are made aware of it by signing the clause if unfortunately, it happens, then strict actions are taken against the student.
There is a hospital that is available on the campus for the students. An ambulance is always present for emergency situations.
Departments and Research
At Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore lot of emphasis is given to research. The highly qualified, experienced faculty members mentor the students in writing and publishing research papers. The faculties and the students have published research papers in national and international journals.
Placements at Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore focuses on providing career opportunities to all students. They have a placement cell that provides help, guidance, and training facilities for getting through campus interviews. It has got tie-up with various organizations for the placement program. Some of them are:
- Multispecialty Hospitals/Nursing Homes/Rehabilitation Centres.
- Team Physiotherapists in various Sports/Fitness Centres.
- Research and Development in Healthcare companies and institute labs.
- Teaching Faculty in Colleges and University.
- Schools for mentally retarded and physically disabled children.
- Defense medical establishments.
- Health Departments.
There are lots of career options available for students after completing the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT). Some of the companies where physiotherapists are required are:
- Physiotherapy Centres or Clinics.
- Neuro Rehab Clinics for Adults.
- Neuro Rehab Centres for children.
- Hospitals with Physiotherapy Departments.
- Sports Academies.
- Sports teams.
- Physiotherapy Colleges and Universities.
- Fitness and Wellness Centres.
- Spastic Societies for Special Children.
- Disabled Rehabilitation Centres etc.
How to reach Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore?
Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is located in Raghuvanahalli in the Gubbalala cross on Kanakapura Road. It is situated in a place which is well connected by different modes of transport such as bus, trains and public transport.
Some of the routes which you can take are:
- Via Subramanyapura Main Road-The distance to the college is around 7.1 km, which takes approximately around twenty-two minutes.
- Via Subramanyapura Main Road and 3rd Main Road-The distance to the college is around 7.3 km, which takes approximately around twenty-four minutes.
- Via Kanakapura Road and Outer Ring Road-The distance to the college is around 8.5 km, which takes around twenty-four minutes.
Buses are available from Dodakallasandra, Gubbalala, and Raghuvanahalli Cross. These buses are available frequently for commuting to and from the campus.
Places to visit nearby
When you are studying on campus at Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore and you find some time off to look around and explore some places to visit nearby like:
- Kanakapura Park,
- Kanakapura Fort,
- Nature adventure camp park,
- Bilikal Rangasamy Fort,
- Kanakapura viewpoint,
- Thottikallu Falls,
- Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple.
- And the Mugguru Forest viewpoint.
Hillside College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is among the best college which offers physiotherapy courses. It has got state-of-the-art infrastructural facilities for both students as well as faculty members. I have researched the institution both online and offline. Still have any doubts or queries, please write to me in the comment box, I will reply ASAP. Write a review for us about the college on our website, as it can be helpful to others.
For getting more information about the college, courses, fees details, visit: http://www.rguhs.ac.in/ .
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the admission process for BPT in Bangalore?
The admission procedure for all the Government and Private Colleges which are offering BPT in Bangalore is of two types: - Merit-based Admission-Students applying for admissions to colleges affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences Institute (RGUHS), can undergo counseling which is conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) through KCET (Karnataka CET Exam). - Management Quota-Students who are looking for direct admissions can go for direct admissions.
2. What is the minimum percentage of marks required to qualify for BPT?
Students who are looking to pursue BPT must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as mandatory subjects and a forty-five percent combined score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the qualifying examination of any recognized board.
3. What is the age criteria for BPT?
Students who are looking to pursue BPT should have completed seventeen years of age in the year of getting admissions.
4. Is there any entrance exam for the BPT course?
Yes, there is an entrance exam for the BPT course.KCET (Karnataka CET) is the entrance exam for BPT admissions. Students who are looking for merit-based Government seats should write the exam. However, it is not mandatory for getting admission into BPT colleges.
5. Can I do MBBS after BPT?
No, the eligibility for getting into the MBBS course is fifty percent in 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects. Qualifying for the NEET-UG is also compulsory. If a student wants to do MBBS, they can do it after the 12th standard/PUC along with the NEET examination marks and not on the basis of the BPT performance.
6. Why is physiotherapy a good choice?
Physiotherapy is a health profession that is mainly directed toward the prevention or reduction of movement dysfunctions in people. Physiotherapy nowadays is been widely adopted by patients who are undergoing rehabilitation programs for getting them back to a healthy life.
7. What are the job prospects after completing physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy nowadays is a growing and developing field, both in our country and abroad. There are a lot of job opportunities available for physiotherapists such as: - Hospitals (Both public and private), - Educational Institutions, - Health Clinics and many more. People who have good entrepreneurial skills can start their own clinics and physiotherapy centers.
8. Which are the approvals and affiliations required for physiotherapy colleges in Bangalore?
The colleges offering physiotherapy in Bangalore: - Must have to be affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences Institute (RGUHS), approved by the Karnataka Government as well as by the Indian Institute Of Physiotherapy. - Deemed or other Private universities must be approved by the Government of Karnataka, and also be recognized by the Indian Association of Physiotherapy.
9. What is the average salary of the BPT graduates?
The average salary of BPT graduates is around Rs 2 lakhs per annum to Rs 7 lakhs per annum. The average salary will vary depending on the experience and the professional skills.
You can also go through other colleges like: