With the determination to nourish some of the brightest minds, Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore recognizes that higher education entails far more than the attainment of a single certificate. It is one of the leading women’s colleges in Karnataka with best practices in key areas such as social immersion, knowledge incubation, governance, and infrastructure.
Want to know more? Keep reading, as I am going to tell you all about a college that provides students with the highest quality of academic instruction and cutting-edge infrastructure. It also places a strong emphasis on the formation of personal conscience, as well as the development of an open mind that is eager to know and learn.
Table of Contents
- Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore Overview
- Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore UG Courses
- Jyoti Nivas College UG Eligibility
- Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore PG Courses
- Jyoti Nivas College PG Eligibility
- Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore Admissions
- Documents Required
- Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore Facilities
- Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore Fee Structure
- Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore Departments
- Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore Placements
- Ranking & Achievements
- Jyoti Nivas College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore Overview
- Location: WJM8+6R4, Hosur Rd, 5th Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560095.
- College Type: College.
- Number of Departments: 21.
- Establishment Year: 1966.
- Founded by: Sisters of St. Joseph of Tarbes.
- Ownership Type: Autonomous.
- Affiliated to: Bengaluru City University.
Jyoti Nivas College was first established by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Tarbes. It is a minority Christian college and a component of Bengaluru City University.
Since its founding in 1966, Jyoti Nivas College has been devoted to providing a balanced, complete education in Arts, Science, and Commerce. It functions to produce intellectually enlightened, morally upright, spiritually centered, and socially committed young people.
The faculty members at Jyoti Nivas College not only have sharp brains and intellectual competence but also a strong dedication to teaching as a vocation, using the most innovative methods and technologies in their classrooms.
If your concern is the connections the students form in the college, I am pleased to tell you that one of the institution’s excellent practices is the Mentor-Ward system, which encourages and supports a strong one-on-one relationship between the professors and their students in an atmosphere of care and concern.
Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore UG Courses
The Undergraduate Courses offered by Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore are listed below. The courses are approved by DCI and Karnataka government.
- Physical Sciences
The field of physical sciences is rapidly increasing. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Electronics, and Computer Science are all part of this field. All of the combinations are intended to prepare students to confront future problems with confidence while also allowing them to pursue meaningful professions in their chosen industries. The curriculum keeps up with the current developments in the various fields and aims to generate highly qualified and committed humanists and scientists.
- Life Sciences
All branches of research that include the scientific study of living creatures, such as plants, animals, and humans, are included in the discipline of Life Sciences. Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry are among the departments of life sciences. The combinations encourage students to think creatively, expand their practical knowledge, and improve their problem-solving abilities. These courses are designed to help students better comprehend research and development, gain knowledge, and progress toward a multidisciplinary approach to life sciences.
The BCA curriculum is designed to meet the IT industry’s ever-changing needs and demands. The course teaches students how to analyze issues in common computer programs. It lays the groundwork for computing ideas and business practices utilized in the management of information systems and enterprise software. Students are exposed to software engineering processes and tactics in the creation of software projects as part of the curriculum.
The BA degree leads to a broad grasp of social sciences, with specializations in Psychology, Sociology, Economics, Optional English, History, Travel and Tourism, Public Administration, and Journalism & Mass Communication. The combinations available assist students in honing their social skills and increasing their knowledge of social realities.
The courses are aimed to provide students with an understanding of historical events, sociological ideas, economic activity, modern issues and concerns, tourism, human psychology, and journalism and mass communication, preparing them for further study and research.
The program’s goal is to provide high-quality education to young women who want to work in the sector of business. Students will gain information and become more aware of their responsibilities as responsible citizens in their particular areas as a result of the curriculum.
B Com Tourism Management
The program’s goal is to offer students knowledge and skills in business and tourism-related activities, as well as exposure to the social, economic, and legal environments. It also gives them a better understanding of marketing and its function in the promotion of tourism products.
B Com LSCM
Because of the increased need in the global corporate environment, a Logistics and Supply Chain Management degree is unavoidable. The curriculum focuses on providing students with all of the necessary information and skills to interact with the corporate world.
Students will be taught business management skills as part of the program. The information obtained would provide them with the necessary exposure to ideas as well as an in-depth grasp of the many management functional areas. Its goal is to prepare students for professions in business and industry that are both demanding and rewarding.
Jyoti Nivas College UG Eligibility
- Physical Sciences
– The candidate must have passed two-year Pre-university Examinations in any relevant area that includes physics, chemistry, electronics, mathematics, or computer science as topics from any recognized board.
– In class XII, a candidate interested in Physics should have studied Mathematics as well as Physics.
– Mathematics should have been studied in class XII by a candidate who wishes to pursue it.
- Life Sciences
– The candidate must have passed two-year Pre-university Examinations from any recognized board in any relevant discipline with Biology, Zoology, or Botany as subjects.
– The candidate must have passed two-year Pre-university Examinations from any recognized board.
– It is required that you have taken Computer Science or Mathematics in Class XII.
– The candidate must have passed two-year Pre-university Examinations in any stream (Arts, Science, or Commerce) from any recognized board.
– Candidates must have taken two-year pre-university exams from any recognized board that offers commerce as a subject.
– Candidates must have passed two-year pre-university examinations in any stream (Arts, Science, or Commerce) from any recognized board.
Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore PG Courses
The Masters of Arts (English) Program began in 1991. It has successfully sent forth MA English alumni who have scattered themselves all around the world over the past 16 years. The MA English course is a four-semester course meant to introduce students to a wide range of developing fields of literary study, instill a spirit of critical inquiry in them, and enhance their analytical, critical, and creative faculties. Papers on language, structure, and English education have been added to help students understand market dynamics.
The Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is a postgraduate program connected with Bangalore University that began in 2003. It is accredited by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). The course was created to provide students with modern, industry-oriented education in applied computer science so that they can compete in today’s global, ever-changing environment. Students graduate with good programming skills, analytical abilities, and field knowledge after four semesters.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is also a postgraduate program connected with Bangalore University that began in 2007. Like MCA, it is also accredited by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). The course curriculum is designed to provide learners with the current knowledge and intuitive insights that they require going into business and management, and with theories and practice in the ever-changing corporate world’s challenges.
M Com (Financial Analysis)
The Masters of Commerce in Financial Analysis (MFA) program is designed to help students build or even improve their accounting and financial management abilities. These abilities are exactly what they’ll need to work effectively in private firms, non-profit organizations, and government agencies. This program is also intended for those who want to improve and utilize their abilities in auditing, taxes, information systems, and financial analysis, among other fields.
M Sc (Organic Chemistry)
The Master of Science in Organic Chemistry is a two-year full-time program divided into four semesters. Organic chemistry is critical in a wide range of chemical industries. The goals of this curriculum are to offer students an advanced understanding of organic chemistry topics. The course is meant to provide students with a solid foundation in Chemistry. This is done through practical applications of theory that will lead to research in Organic Chemistry and interdisciplinary projects connected to Chemistry.
Jyoti Nivas College PG Eligibility
- Students must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from an Indian University of recognized standing.
- Students majoring in English literature must have a minimum of 50% in optional English for all three years or a minimum of 55% in General English for two years.
- For two years, students in other disciplines must have a minimum of 50% aggregate for all subjects and a minimum of 55% in General English.
- Students are required to have passed any undergraduate examination or equivalent examination.
- Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Applications, Business Mathematics, or Business Statistics must be one of their optional subjects.
- They must have obtained a minimum of 50% in all subjects taken together in all years.
- Students should have passed any undergraduate examination or comparable examination.
- They must have secured a minimum of 50% in all subjects across all years.
M Com (Financial Analysis)
- Students must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Management, or MA (Economics).
- Their degree must be from Bangalore University or any other recognized university.
- They must have a minimum of 50% aggregate in the core subjects in the qualifying. examinations
M Sc (Organic Chemistry)
- Students must have a Bachelor of Science degree with Chemistry as a subject
- The degree must be from a recognized Indian University
- They must have a minimum aggregate of 50%
- Students must have a minimum of 50% average in Chemistry over the three years
- Students must also have studied Mathematics at the 12th or Pre-University level.
Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore Admissions
The staff at Jyoti Nivas College, Bangalore, takes the pleasure of making the admissions process as simple as possible for all students. No matter the course you select, they offer a simple approach to take you through the admission process. The admissions are currently available for MA (English), MCA, MBA, M.Com (Financial Analysis), and M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry) programs.
Students who fulfill the eligibility criteria for their respective courses can simply seek admission through the college admissions office. The application forms are available at the Postgraduate Centre of the college, but they can also be downloaded online on their website.
- MA applicants must pay Rs. 400.
- M Com (FA) applicants must pay Rs. 500.
- M Sc (Organic Chemistry) applicants must pay Rs. 400.
- MBA applicants must pay Rs. 600.
- MCA applicants must pay Rs. 600.
The application must be paid through a DD that is addressed to JYOTI NIVAS COLLEGE, BANGALORE. The DD can be sent along with your filled-in application to The Director, Post Graduate Courses, Jyoti Nivas College, Hosur Road, Bangalore 560 095.
The admission will be based on the marks the students have secured in their Bachelor’s degree, as well as on an interview that will be held by the college itself. For MCA and MBA students, the candidates must have qualified either in the CMAT, K-MAT, or PGCET Examination or in any other National Level Eligibility Test
The qualifying exams, admission tests, and interviews all play a role in the ultimate decision.
- Pre-University Certificate Marksheet.
- 12th Marksheet Card.
- 10th passing certificate.
- 12th passing certificate.
- Transfer Certificate (TC)
- Migration Certificate for students coming from another state or board.
- Birth Certificate.
- A Conduct Certificate addressed from the Head of Institution that was last attended.
- Aadhar card.
- SC/ST certificate if required.
- Income certificate (in case asked for).
- Physical fitness medical certificate.
- Medical Certificate from a certified practitioner.
- 10 most current passport-sized photographs.
- 10 stamp-sized photographs.
Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore Facilities
On weekdays, the library is open from 7.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m., and on Saturdays, it is open from 7.30 a.m. to 4 p.m. In the library, photocopying and internet access are offered to all students who need it.
Jyoti Nivas College aims to make educational opportunities available to all students who qualify. The administration makes funding exceptions for the most qualified of pupils.
During the semester vacations, M.A. (English), M.B.A., M.C.A., M.Com (FA), and M.Sc. students will get railway concession forms from the university.
Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore Fee Structure
|MA (English)||Rs. 35, 000||Per semester|
|M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry)||Rs. 35, 000||Per semester|
|M.Com (FA)||Rs. 43, 000||Per semester|
|MCA||Rs. 45, 000||Per semester|
|MBA (PGCET)||Rs. 75, 000||Per semester|
Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore Departments
Department of MA English
The Department of MA in English was established in 1991. Since its inception, it has been one of the first institutions in Bangalore to provide an M.A. English program. It has also been dedicated to instilling academic excellence in its students.
At Jyoti Nivas, students develop erudite reading abilities as well as the ability to place literary and cultural materials in their larger academic and historical contexts. The program gives you a lot of freedom, both in terms of developing your interests throughout core papers and in terms of choosing a subject for your final year of study.
- Improve your literary sensitivity.
- Encourage inquiry-based thinking.
- Develop analytical, critical, and creative skills.
- Instill societal awareness and responsibility in your children.
- Increased research and academic writing experience.
- Increased awareness of current concerns at the local, national, and worldwide levels.
- In-depth understanding of current trends and developments in literary and cultural studies.
Department of MCA
The Department of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) offers its students a postgraduate program at Bangalore University. It is authorized by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). The department was established in 2003 to give students a modern, industry-oriented education in applied computer science so that they can compete in today’s global environment.
- Provide a solid foundation in computer science’s key domains.
- Share your expertise on the most recent IT advances.
- Determine research gaps and offer creative answers.
- Keep social, ethical, and cyber principles in mind.
The students are well-equipped with programming abilities, analytical ability, research skills, and solid topic knowledge after six semesters. They will also be able to do the following:
- Tackle real-world challenges, for which you’ll need analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Create, build, and manage software applications for a variety of industries.
- Ability to express ideas and solutions while working in a team environment.
- Adaptable to new tools and technologies throughout the rest of one’s life.
Department of MBA
The MBA Department, which was founded in 2007, offers a professional two-year MBA program with specializations in Human Resource Management, Marketing, and Finance. Industrial visits, summer internships, community service, presentations, book and film reviews, and current events are all part of the curriculum. The program integrates commercial knowledge with a team-based management mindset and a strong sense of social responsibility.
- Workshops and Seminars with Industry Experts.
- Activities in the club.
- The curriculum is updated regularly to meet the needs of the industry.
- Program of outreach.
- Analysis of a case study.
- Journal of Scientific Research.
- Presentation of a research-based paper for students.
- Value Education.
- Management games and quizzes utilizing the Quiklrn program are examples of activity-based learning.
- Through the Knowledge-Pro application, there is transparency in attendance and internal grades.
- Team Building Activities include industrial visits and enjoyable outings.
- Collaboration with a well-known newspaper – the Deccan Herald.
- Instill innovative thinking, research, and analytical abilities in your students.
- Encourage the development of leadership abilities, a collaborative attitude, and ethical principles.
- Share your understanding of current business trends and changes.
- Internships and case studies are excellent ways to learn about how organizations work.
- Teamwork, ethical management, decision-making, and execution skills are all practical knowledge.
- Understanding of the research culture, as well as management ideas and practices.
- Through industrial contacts, qualitative and quantitative methodologies are used to solve business problems.
- Work well in a variety of teams and interdisciplinary situations as an individual, a member, or a leader.
Department of M.Com FA
The Department of M.Com (FA) provides a program at Jyoti Nivas College, PG Centre, that offers students the chance to get a thorough understanding of accounting, taxation, and finance. The course is aimed to provide both theoretical and practical information so that students are more prepared for placements.
The course also teaches students how to put their financial management and taxes knowledge to good use, not just in the workplace, but also in personal financial planning.
- Commerce knowledge that is up to date and sophisticated.
- Auditing, taxation, financial analysis, and information systems are all things you’ll be exposed to.
- For a job in any company, provide financial knowledge.
- Through financial research, you may hone your analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Accounting and financial experience.
- Students who are dynamic and self-assured, with the ability to handle the competitive market.
- Interpersonal skills and leadership talents are essential.
- Citizens who are socially conscious and financially responsible.
Department of M.Sc. Organic Chemistry
The M Sc. (Organic Chemistry) Department seeks to develop new talent for the chemical industry by providing them with the necessary skills and subject knowledge for research. In the coming years, the department hopes to build an active research section.
The goal of this course is to provide students with an understanding of
- Advanced bonding concepts in inorganic compounds.
- The chemistry of coordination compounds with Pi acceptor ligands.
- The structure of some of the most significant silicon-containing compounds, as well as the relationship between structure and use.
- The chemistry of non-metal contains compounds such as boranes, borazines, sulfur-nitrogen compounds, and phosphorus-nitrogen compounds.
- The structure and uses of vanadium, molybdenum, tungsten isopod, and heteropoly anions, as well as metal carbonyl clusters.
- The concepts and applications of the solvent system, the hard-soft acid-base (HSAB), acid-base theories, and the notion of superacids.
By the end of the course, students should be able to
- Understand the various theories of chemical bonding and be able to apply these theories to solve structures after completing the course.
- Use IR spectroscopy to discuss the structures of complexes containing a pi acceptor.
- Use the principles of acids and bases, and select a suitable solvent for every chemical process.
- Write the structures of heteropoly, isopod, and metal carbonyl clusters correctly and connect them to chemical reactivity.
- Understand the three-dimensional structure of silicates and catalytically essential compounds like aluminosilicates (zeolites), and use what they’ve learned to structure-based selectivity.
Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore Placements
The placement cell is in charge of the students’ annual placement. To give exceptional service delivery to the students, the placement activities are carried out through personal counseling as well as the use of sophisticated technological systems.
The PG Centre’s placement cell strives to improve the students’ employability abilities by bridging the gap between academics and industry. Apart from normal lessons, it attempts to conduct technical seminars, workshops, and training sessions to help them enhance their skills.
Industry professionals are invited to speak to the students regularly to update them on the latest technological developments and industry practices. The students receive about 60 hours of intensive training in the areas of communication skills, resume creation, spreadsheet work, business presentations, quantitative ability and reasoning, group discussions, and LinkedIn self-branding.
Ranking & Achievements
The PG Centre acts and functions as an ever-growing tree, a tree represents life and may develop from a little seed to a fertile and robust tree if properly cared for. Its journey is influenced by a variety of elements that impact its life in an ever-changing environment; it holds firm and transmits the message of stability and adaptation in innovative ways.
Just like a tree, Jyoti Nivas College has grown over the last few decades, constantly hitting new milestones.
On the 28th of July 2016, a new research journal dubbed ‘Navajyoti’ – a multidisciplinary international online magazine – was launched to commemorate Jyoti Nivas College Autonomous’ 50 years of academic success, with a total of 9 multidisciplinary papers published.
In September 2017, Dhabi, a journal published by the MBA, MCA, and M.Com(FA) departments, was started as an online E-Journal.
In 2018, the department of MCA brought up Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs). They are essentially an inexpensive and flexible approach to learning new skills, growing in your profession, and delivering high-quality educational experiences. The MCA department incorporated MOOCs as an essential factor for internal evaluation.
These are just a few of the ways Jyoti Nivas College has enriched itself while also nurturing the brilliant minds of its students.
Jyoti Nivas College Contact Details
Address: WJM8+6R4, Hosur Rd, 5th Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560095.
- Phone: 080 2553 0137
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jyoti Nivas College strives to create an atmosphere in which the students can grow and develop as multifaceted individuals while also imbibing a strong national sense that transcends the barriers of religion and community.
It seeks to uphold the best and most beautiful aspects of Indian tradition and heritage. It also strives to inculcate in students a worldview that will equip them for global citizenship and competence.
I am aware that a lot of the planning and research that goes into college admissions can be quite difficult. The stress that comes with finding the right college is almost a universal experience. But if you’re truly looking for some of the best departments for whichever course you want to take up, Jyoti Nivas College, Bangalore, is the best option. Get in touch with us. My team and I will help you make the right decision for your academic future.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Jyoti Nivas College, Bangalore ranking?
For the Science courses, Jyoti Nivas is ranked number 5 in all of Bangalore, and number 29 in all of India in the year 2020. For the Arts courses, Jyoti Nivas is also ranked 5th in all of Bangalore, and number 44 in all of India in the year 2020.
2. Are there extracurricular activities available in the college?
Yes, the college offers various sports activities for its Annual Sports Day.
3. What scholarships are available in the college?
The college offers 8 different scholarships and financial aid programs. They are the SC/ ST scholarship, Merit Cum Means & Post Matric Scholarship, Vidyasiri - Fee Concession Low-income Food & Accommodation Scheme, Fee concession for economically backward students by the college, KSSW, Financial Aid by Church, Alameen Scholarship, and the Higher Education Scholarship.
4. Are international students allowed to get admission to this college?
Students from all around the world are welcome at Jyoti Nivas College. We have students from a variety of nations and nationalities. Students from Japan came to visit the college and were thrilled by the JNC campus tour, as well as the opportunity to engage with the faculty and students.
you can also check the link below to know more about UG and PG colleges in India.
Show Your Love & Support:
I hope you have got the requisite information and in turn, I’m asking a very small thing. It won’t take much time of yours. All you need to do is put a review about your experiences at Jyoti Nivas College Bangalore if you are a student or an alumnus of the college.