Hey! With the increasing popularity of Ayurveda across the world are you wondering how you can create a prosperous future in this sector after High school? Well, you don’t need to think too much about this any longer because we are here to provide you with all the information about the process you will be undergoing to achieve your career goals in the Ayurveda industry. This blog about Karnataka Ayurvedic College Mangalore will surely set all your confusion free while encouraging you in making up a wise choice.
Table of Contents
- Karnataka Ayurvedic College Overview
- Admissions Procedures
- Courses Offered
- Karnataka Ayurvedic College Fees
- Placements & Career Options
- Rankings & Achievements
- Karnataka Ayurvedic College Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Karnataka Ayurvedic College Overview
|Name||Karnataka Ayurvedic College Mangalore|
|Address||SCS Group of Institutions, KECT Towers, Hoigebail, Mangalore, Karnataka|
|Principal||Dr Ravi Rao S|
|Affiliated to||RGUHS, Bangalore|
|Approved by||Government of Karnataka & National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM)|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full-time|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
Karnataka Ayurvedic College Mangalore was set up under the direction of the Karnataka Educational & Charitable Trust. It belongs to the SCS Group of Institutions, located in Mangalore. The institution was founded in 2002, and since that time, it has remained the sole Ayurveda College in the centre of Mangalore.
- The college features a fully functional hospital that includes both an outpatient department (OPD) and an inpatient department (IPD) that is well-equipped.
- Different hospital departments provide clinical training for the students.
- Ayurveda’s uncommon branches, such as Swasthavritta, Manasaroga, Samhitha, and Roganidana, are taught by full-time, highly trained faculty members who are also experienced practitioners of these disciplines.
- There is a pharmacy at the college that serves the requirements of both inpatients and outpatients as well as the general public.
- The administration and personnel of the Karnataka Ayurveda Medical College are passionately devoted to providing high calibre Ayurvedic education while upholding high moral standards.
- Karnataka Ayurvedic College Mangalore is a renowned institution for the creation and spread of information, skill, and values as well as the development of an intellectually adventurous attitude.
- To create the greatest human resources in the Ayurveda education sector.
- To offer the most effective Ayurvedic treatment options to those in need.
Maintaining the tenets and ideals of Ayurveda, the Vedic life science, to alleviate suffering, console the bereaved, and spread this noble discipline across the globe.
- Providing instruction to the students through a group of knowledgeable and experienced Ayurvedic professors.
- Assembling a skilled group of committed healthcare workers to advance Ayurvedic living and provide the poor with excellent, inexpensive, and effective treatment.
- To create new products, and encourage cutting-edge Ayurvedic research projects and clinical studies.
- Conservation of therapeutic plant and herb species that are in danger of extinction.
Why Choose Karnataka Ayurvedic College?
- Modern Campus
Karnataka Ayurvedic College Mangalore has a beautiful campus with modern facilities such as fully furnished classrooms, labs, PG departments, audio-visual aids, and cutting-edge library resources, apart from this they also offer a canteen, playground, pharmacy, dorms, and buildings for the college, hospital, and other departments.
- Holistic Growth
They conduct health screening and diagnosis camps for the underprivileged in both urban and rural locations. Through these camps, the students also get the chance to teach in the community simultaneously. This supports the holistic growth of the students and provides them with the chance to participate in both scientific and humanitarian endeavours.
- Highly Qualified Professors
When it comes to the Karnataka Ayurveda Medical College faculty, the institute maintains rigorous standards. The professors are well-known experts who hold advanced degrees in their fields. All of the instructors put a lot of effort into educating and training their students, and the majority of their students have demonstrated remarkable outcomes and advancements as a consequence, giving the institute a lot of prominences.
The academic programmes include events, extracurricular activities, and training programmes that support a student’s physical as well as intellectual growth. Their abilities are developed and their fitness is enhanced as a result of the activities offered in the programmes.
- Tech-based Education
Through the use of computers, multimedia, and the internet, Ayurveda students obtain cutting-edge, modern educational tools. Many different kinds of traditional Ayurvedic medications are made by students. In college, a student’s development goes beyond academics and is not just limited to classroom instruction.
- Council of Students
It is a group that advocates for students and enables them to take part in college-related decisions. To benefit the institution and its students, the council works with the leadership, staff, and other students. The student council provides a representative platform for students to talk about current events and start initiatives that will help the college and the wider community.
It is strictly prohibited at the Institution to engage in any type of ragging. If someone is found guilty, the case is overseen by an anti-ragging commission, which is entrusted with rendering a judgement. In addition to different penalties, a penalty option is an expulsion from the college. The pupils have been warned to strictly avoid participating in any form of ragging.
- Learning Based on Values
Along with the development of students’ talent, the institute places a great priority on helping its students establish a set of desirable values. By utilising relevant concepts that are in keeping with social, economic, and cultural realities, emphasis is made on establishing respect and tolerance for various urban and rural situational situations. Universal values like honesty, righteousness, collaboration, and mutual understanding are emphasised and put into practice to have a lasting influence.
The admission process of the institute is hassle-free, they offer undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, detailed info about the process is provided below:
B.A.M.S. (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery)
Duration: 5 years 6 months (4 1/2 years + 1-year Internship)
Note: Normally, the admission procedure for BAMS begins immediately after the 10+2(PUC) results, although advance seat reservations for management quota seats can be made before the 10+2(PUC) test.
Eligibility for BAMS
- The candidate must have received a good ranking in the national admission examination (NEET).
- Applicants must have passed the PCB optional examinations in their second year of PUC with at least a 50% total score.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years old as of December 31, the year of admission.
Documents Required for BAMS Admissions
- NEET scorecard and admit card.
- Mark sheet-10th grade.
- Mark sheet-10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Certificate of transfer.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Photos in passport size.
- Certificate of residency.
- The National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET), which will be administered by a body chosen by the National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM), would serve as the standardized admission test for all medical institutions at the undergraduate level.
- A common merit list for all of India as well as a state-by-state merit list of eligible candidates will be created based on the results of the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test, and only those candidates from the corresponding category will be considered for admission to undergraduate programmes.
- In line with the criteria specified by the pertinent authorities and/or Medical / Dental Colleges, the eligibility requirements, self-declaration, various documents, etc., of the eligible candidates will be confirmed during counselling.
- NTA will only provide candidates with their All India Rank; nevertheless, admitting authorities will invite applicants for counselling and will develop a merit list based on the All India Rank.
- The NEET(UG)-2022 All India Rank would be the only factor taken into account for admission to undergraduate programmes within each category.
M.D. (Ayurveda) (Masters Degree in Ayurveda)
Duration: 3 years
Note: Based on the qualifying requirements, the admission procedure for M.D. begins concurrently with BAMS. Admission to the course is solely on merit.
Eligibility for MD (Ayurveda)
Applicants must have finished the B.A.M.S. programme at a Central Council of Indian Medicine-approved college.
Documents Needed for MD Admissions
- B.A.M.S. degree.
- Marksheets for B.A.M.S. (all years).
- State Ayurveda Practitioner Registration Board registration certificate.
- Certification for internship completion.
- Birth Certificate.
- Passport-sized photos.
- Neet Admit/ Score Card.
B.A.M.S. (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery)
The 4 ½ years course has been divided into four phases plus an internship.
|1st Professional||Twelve months|
|2nd Professional||Twelve months|
|3rd Professional||Twelve months|
|4th Professional||Eighteen months|
|Compulsory Internship||Twelve months|
Ayurveda education at the undergraduate level aims to produce graduates with a deep foundation in Ayurveda, scientific knowledge per Ayurvedic fundamentals, and extensive practical training who will be able and efficient teachers, researchers, and physicians surgeons. They are trained to be entirely competent to add value and serve the medical and health services.
- Understanding of various diseases and concepts of disease management in light of contemporary medical procedures.
- Capability to diagnose and treat acute and chronic disorders based on clinical examination and suitably recognised and carried out investigations
- Capability of promptly examining the patient and using existing clinical and research knowledge to detect a wide variety of ailments and provide appropriate Ayurvedic therapy for all illnesses.
M.D. (Ayurveda) & Specialties
Aim: To instruct students on the deeper elements of the specialities they have selected.
The post-graduate specialties that the institute offers are as follows:
- M.S. Shalyatantra
The main objective of this programme is to educate students on the principles of surgical problems, various types of disability and deformity, traumas, fractures, congenital and acquired illnesses, etc. The latest understanding of common surgical techniques is also established, as are the attitudes of students toward various modern research instruments and approaches.
- M.D. Dravyaguna
The emphasis of the programme is on conveying the significance of herbs in Ayurveda and how their medicinal value aids in the treatment of some chronic ailments. The instructors support the student’s efforts to learn about therapeutic properties and conduct research.
- M.D. Kayachikitsa
The pupils learn about numerous skin conditions in this programme. A variety of ailments are covered, including general medical diseases, geriatric medicine (Rasayana), aphrodisiac medicine (Vajikarana), skin problems, diabetes and other lifestyle disorders, arthritis and joint disorders, etc.
- M.D. Panchakarma
The main objective of this programme is to educate students on the underlying causes of all diseases, the potential applications of Panchakarma for disease treatment, and the potential applications of Rasayana for the promotion of health and long life.
- M.D. Rasashastra
The programme focuses on educating the students in the selection of genuine raw medicines, their gathering, the processing of hazardous plants, the creation of herbal, herbo-mineral, and herbo-metallic formulations, as well as their therapeutic indications, dose, vehicle, and diet.
- During the first year of the course, students will gain an understanding of the practical elements of Ayurvedic foundations.
- The student will learn about research methodologies and procedures in their respective disciplines using information technology.
- Students will gain an ability to treat patients on their own and handle crises.
- The student will engage in the teaching and training programmes of undergraduate students or interns on the appropriate topics.
- The student will learn how to operate independently as a specialist.
- The student will gain investigative skills and management skills in the specialities of Shalya, Shalakya, and Prasuti – Stri Roga.
Karnataka Ayurvedic College Fees
The detailed information on the Karnataka Ayurveda Medical College fees structure is as follows:
Note: The government has the right to change the fee structure as needed to account for management and government quotas.
|Course||Annual Fees (Govt. Quota)||Annual Fees (Priv. Quota)|
|B.A.M.S.||Rs. 60,500||Rs. 2,00,500|
An education loan is very good option that may enable you to attend a prestigious institution to study the course of your choosing. You may be able to lay the groundwork for a future profession that is successful with its aid. You develop financial responsibility at an early age when you opt for a student loan. Most importantly, the burden of fee payment will not affect your academic performance.
Placements & Career Options
After completing the final professional examination, the student must enrol in an internship programme. Following the announcement of the final professional test results, the internship programme will begin. One is allotted for the internship.
- Case taking, investigations, diagnosis, and treatment of common disorders with ayurvedic medications.
- Routine pathological clinical work, i.e. an estimate of haemoglobin, full hemogram, analysis of the urine, an inspection of blood parasites under a microscope, an inspection of the sputum, inspection of the stool, etc. To diagnose mutra evam mala, an ayurvedic approach is used to evaluate test results and clinical observations.
- Training on standard ward practice as well as patient monitoring for diet, behaviour, and medication schedule verification.
- Identifying and treating typical surgical problems using the tenets of Ayurveda.
- Ability to Treat specific surgical emergencies, including acute fractures and dislocations, abdominal problems, etc.
- Ability to carry sterilisation, aseptic and antiseptic procedures, etc.
- Preoperative and postoperative management Skills.
- Ability to use anaesthetic medications and procedures in real-world situations.
- SR Institute of Advanced Ayurvedic Sciences.
- Manana We Care.
- Radha Yoga And Herbs.
- Medusind Solution Pvt Ltd.
Rankings & Achievements
- The National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM) and the Karnataka government both acknowledge the institute Karnataka Ayurvedic College Rankings.
- Karnataka Ayurvedic College Mangalore has successfully run a large number of CME programmes, national contests, and awareness campaigns.
- Through their medical camps, they have offered several individuals in Karnataka free health care services. The uninformed population has been exposed to Ayurveda because they promoted it.
Karnataka Ayurvedic College Facilities
- Herbal Garden
The institution contains an outstanding collection of more than 500 types of rare herbs, plants, and trees scattered across 05 Acres of land in its well-maintained Herbal Garden. A Green House and Demonstration Room are part of the Garden, which also contains more than 1500 medicinal plants.
For students travelling from other cities, Karnataka Ayurvedic College Mangalore offers hostel accommodations. More than 400 students can stay in the hostel, which is housed separately. The Hostel is near to the university and is properly kept and managed. For the advantage of the students, the hostel provides a kitchen and eating area inside.
At Hostels, skilled wardens make sure that the students have a cosy and secure place to stay. To ensure that the students live comfortably and hygienically, special care and attention are given. The dormitory rooms are clean, comfortable, and large.
A vast array of books on many topics are available at the college library. The library has a sizable collection of CDs, as well as many other periodicals, magazines, and publications, as well as Helinet capabilities. There is ample space in the library that can accommodate about 100 pupils at once. With a large and varied collection of books, reference materials, and other resources, the Library is one of the most complete learning facilities on campus for our students.
The institute’s well-equipped laboratories are designed to provide the best possible learning environment for the students, and they serve as an acceptable complement to the lectures given there. Students can engage in community-based learning at the institution thanks to its laboratories, where they can be stationed for emergency care and treatment.
In addition to academic learning, extracurricular activities at the College also contribute to students’ overall growth. They actively encourage the students to participate in sports, games, cultural events, and festival celebrations.
Additionally, it has been customary at the institute to celebrate the majority of festivals on campus, exposing the students to the many cultures and customs that are unique. Periodically, the campus hosts competitions, competitions, celebrations, and tournaments.
Students who live in remote areas may more easily arrive on time since the institute buses run throughout the city, transporting professors and students securely from their homes to the college and back.
Research is promoted by the research management committee. They support the students’ original ideas and mentor them to help them get the outcomes they want. They offer cutting-edge research facilities that make it easier for students to complete time-sensitive research successfully.
- Remedial learning Support
On campus, teachers and staff are accessible all day to support weak students who need extra attention in their academic work or professional goals. The academic performance of those who get this help is improved while maintaining complete discretion regarding the support provided. This level of support is outstanding.
College Contact Details
Address: SCS Group of Institutions, KECT Towers, Hoigebail, Mangalore, Karnataka.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Telephone: +91 0824 2454127, 2453582.
During the time boards and the entrance tests, every student experiences a period of intense anxiety and distraction. We are conscious of this, which is why we provide services designed exclusively for students looking to select the best college for their interests. To save you the hassle, we’ll make the admissions procedure simple. Call us right away if you want to move seamlessly into the next phase of your life.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What courses do they offer at Karnataka Ayurvedic College Mangalore?
They offer B.A.M.S. (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery) which is an undergraduate degree course and they also offer M.D. (Ayurveda) (Master Degree in Ayurveda) which is a postgraduate degree course
2. Do they encourage extracurricular activities?
Yes, they encourage extra-curricular activities like competitions, debates and sports among the students.
3. What postgraduate programmes do they offer?
The postgraduate programmes they offer are M.S. Shalyatantra, M.D. Dravyaguna, M.D. Kayachikitsa, M.D. Panchakarma and M.D. Rasashastra.
4. Is there any exam I need to clear for enrolling for the B.A.M.S course at the institute?
Yes, you need to qualify NEET exam to enrol in the B.A.M.S course at the institute.
5. Do they offer a hostel facility?
Yes, they offer an off-campus hostel facility which is located closer to the university.
6. Do they have good faculty?
The faculty members of the institute are highly qualified and trained they provide great support and training to their students.
7. Is the campus safe for students?
So far there have not been any ragging cases reported on the campus. The students follow anti-ragging protocols at the campus.
8. Do they offer a transport facility?
Yes, they offer a transport facility.
If you are intrigued to contemplate another Ayurveda college, you can follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Small Ask:
We believe in providing our promising batch of youngsters with the most authentic and near-to-God truth when it comes to serious life-changing decisions such as choosing the perfect college. You can choose to be a part of this amazing journey too! Drop by the comments section and add an honest review about the college, if you have been associated with Karnataka Ayurvedic College Mangalore in any capacity. Thanks in advance!