If you are a physiotherapy aspirant and puzzled over choosing a good BPT college in Bangalore, then this post will definitely clear your doubts. Well! There are many colleges in the city, but sometime it’s a tedious task to finalize on one. Here, I’ll suggest you to go through my post, as you’ll get to learn that Krupanidhi College of Physiotherapy Bangalore provides all the modern pedagogical approach in its course-curriculum. Besides, the college also provide a good return on investment (ROI) since the fee for the program is quite nominal but the placements are quite good. This college can definitely a better choice to pursue a degree in BPT from. Read further to know more about its admission process, fee details, courses, facilities offered etc.
Krupanidhi Group of Institutions is located on the Chikka Belandur road, on the Sarjapur main road, on the Varthur Hobli which is in Carmelaram in the city of Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- Krupanidhi College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- Courses offered
- Eligibility for the course
- Documents required
- Admission process 2022 for Krupanidhi College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Krupanidhi College of Physiotherapy Course Fees Structure
- Campus Facilities
- Krupanidhi College of physiotherapy Bangalore placements
- Frequently Asked Questions
Krupanidhi College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession that is concerned primarily with finding the remedy for the impairments and the promotion of good quality of life, giving functioning ability and help in providing movements through examination, evaluation, diagnosis, and carrying out the physical intervention by the physiotherapists.
Physiotherapists are people who diagnose and provide treatments to patients of all age groups. They treat people with illnesses, medical conditions, illnesses, or injuries that limit the movements and functioning of the activities in their daily lives. They study the patient’s history and perform the physical examinations, so as to arrive at a management plan, for treating the illness.
There are different specializations in physiotherapy namely orthopedic, neurology, cardiopulmonary, sports rehabilitation, pediatrics, injuries to the head, post-operative care, and wound care. Physiotherapists are professionals who can practice in any type of settings like clinics, health and wellness clinics, rehabilitation clinics, multispecialty hospitals and so
Krupanidhi College of Physiotherapy was established in the year 1995. It is a private college that is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) and is also approved by the Indian Association of physiotherapists. It is a Christian college that is being managed by the Krupanidhi Educational Trust.
The institute offers undergraduate (Bachelor of Physiotherapy) and postgraduate (Master’s in Physiotherapy).
Bachelors of Physiotherapy at Krupanidhi College of physiotherapy Bangalore
Bachelor of Physiotherapy is a four and half year course which is offered on a full-time basis. It includes six months of internship. The course uses a hands-on experience that emphasizes client-centric, inter-personnel, and evidence-based practices. The course commences in the month of September/October.
The course focuses on basic human biosciences and on developing and understanding the foundation of the human engineering systems as well as the role of the health care professionals in the health and family welfare sectors.
Masters in physiotherapy at Krupanidhi College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Master in physiotherapy is a two-year full-time course that is a high-level course for medical professionals. Physical therapists specialize in the treatments and assessments of body movements. There is a lot of faculty supervision provided by the subject experts in neurology, orthopedics, knowledge translation, and other fields. The course commences in the month of May and October.
Eligibility for the course
If he/she is looking forward to getting admission to the Bachelor of Physiotherapy course, he/she needs to fulfill the eligibility requirements:
- Must have completed seventeen years of age on the year of admissions.
- Must have passed the 12TH Standard/II PUC with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the English language. The combined score of the subjects must be forty-five percent.
- For students who belong to the SC/ST category, the combined score must be forty percent.
- Students must also obtain a medical fitness certificate from a government medical officer, stating that he/she is medically fit to undergo the course.
If he/she is looking to get admission to the Masters in Physiotherapy course, he/she must fulfill the academic eligibility:
- Must have passed BPT for a duration of four years from RGUHS or any other recognized university which is in India or abroad. The minimum marks in BPT must be fifty percent.
- Must have completed six months of rotatory internship.
The documents which are required during admissions to the Bachelor of Physiotherapy are:
- 10th standard mark sheet.
- 12th standard/II PUC mark sheet.
- Original School leaving certificate of the 12th standard or any other equivalent examination.
Students belonging to SAARC Countries
- Transcripts of the 10th and 12th standard marks.
- Character/Conduct Certificate.
- Date of birth proof in the Indian Almanac.
The documents required for admission to MPT are:
- BPT Mark sheet (Year-wise).
- Passport size photographs.
- Certificate of migration (Non-Karnataka students).
- Domicile Certificate (For Students not belonging to Karnataka).
- Identity Proof.
- Certificate of transfer.
Admission process 2022 for Krupanidhi College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
In order to make the admission process easier for the students, the college has made the admission procedure simple through the online and offline processes. Students can opt for either of the modes by paying the fees.
Online Application Form
- Students need to fill out the online application form.
- They need to upload the necessary documents.
- After that, a payment getaway will appear where the application fees need to be paid.
- Fees for undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate course is Rs 1000.
- Fees for diploma courses are Rs 500.
- Download the application from the website
- Fill in the required details.
- Attach the required documents.
- Make the DD on the application fee in favor of the respective department.
- Courier the forms, required documents, and DD to the college.
- Submit the same in person to the admissions office at the college or our regional centers.
- Once the application fee is paid, the reference number which you will need for all future transactions including paying your tuition fees online when selected.
The selected students are required to pay the tuition fees online or in person at the college or the regional centers before the due date, if you fail to pay before the due date, admission will stand canceled.
Krupanidhi College of Physiotherapy Course Fees Structure
|1.||BPT||Rs 1.75 lakhs(1st year)||12th standard|
|2.||MPT||Rs 1.5 Lakhs(1st year)||BPT|
Leadership and Faculty
Krupanidhi Group of institutions is headed by Professor Dr. Suresh Nagpal, Vice Chairman is Mrs. Geeta Nagpal and Secretary is Professor Sunil Samson Dhamanigi.
There is a team of esteemed faculties who are there to guide and mentor the students. Some of them are:
- Dr. S.Sudhakar-Research Head and Professor.
- Dr Kaidasan.V Professor.
- Dr.Jincy Samuel- Assistant professor.
- Dr. Nidhi Sharma-Assistant professor and many more.
Krupanidhi Group of institutions is spread over an 11-acre campus in the midst of greenery and all the facilities are available on campus.
Some of the facilities available are:
Library at Krupanidhi College of Physiotheraphy Bangalore
All the different departments in the college have their dedicated libraries and laboratories wherever it is required. The libraries have a vast collection of books, national and international journals
The library has got a digital section where one can find a huge database of national and international journals, as well as full-text collections of faculty and document publications. It has got Wi-Fi and internet facilities.
Hostel Accommodation at Krupanidhi College of Physiotheraphy Bangalore
There are separate hostel facilities for boys and girls. The hostel rooms are spacious, clean, airy, and well ventilated. It provides a conducive atmosphere for them to study.
Multi-cuisine food court and cafeteria
Krupanidhi cafeteria provides a number of choices to tingle the taste buds of the students in the institute. Here taste, hygiene, and nutrition are taken care of as far as health is concerned.
The gym is available for the students to keep them healthy and fit.
Krupanidhi group of institutions makes the students prepared and employable to enter the industry. It is through its structured program, the college aims to increase the industry readiness of the graduates and enhance their productivity. It will help in reducing the gap between the education sector and industry, in order to create the synergy between the two.
The college provides equal importance to sports and extracurricular activities as much importance is given to academics. There are sports facilities are available for volleyball, basketball, badminton, football, and cricket. The on-campus basketball court help students in developing their talent. The sports clubs in the different activities, help in the active participation of the students and the faculties.
Along with sports, there are extra-curricular activities such as clubs and activities like hobby clubs, the literacy club, IT clubs, Cultural Clubs, and musical bands. The institute has women’s development cell and academic clubs.
Student Counselling Centre
The counseling center is open for students during college hours. There are expert counselors who are available to resolve their issues and help them out. The Counselling Centre is a vital part of the campus, where the students and faculties have the liberty to walk in whenever they want to discuss how to deal with the issues.
The college works on the principle of learning through learning, it believes that the laboratories provide the hands-on experience, to learn under the guidance of the faculties. There are dedicated labs for various disciplines.
The nursing college has twenty labs which include an advanced laboratory, computer laboratory, nutritional lab, a child health nursing lab, and so on. The labs are spacious, and student-friendly, where the students are encouraged to experiment and work around new concepts.
Some of the most important labs are:
- Anatomy Lab.
- Physiology Lab.
- Biomechanics Lab.
- Exercise Therapy Lab.
- Electrotherapy Lab.
- Research Lab.
Krupanidhi College of physiotherapy Bangalore placements
Krupanidhi Group of institutions has got a placement cell that organizes campus interviews and gets campus placements for the students in the organizations such as:
- IT Companies.
- Fitness Centres.
- Orthopedic hospitals.
- Neuro specialty hospitals.
- Cardio specialty hospitals.
- Sports Centres.
- Private Clinics.
Physiotherapy looks like a good course, which is increasingly gaining lots of scope and providing job opportunities. Krupanidhi College of Physiotherapy Bangalore provides the students with a study-friendly environment with good infrastructure facilities and labs. I have researched and gathered relevant information online. If you want to know more, visit http://www.karnatakaphysio.org/.
If you are having queries about the colleges, courses, admissions, fees, etc, please write or leave a message in the comment box below. I will get back as soon as possible. Write a review for us about the college, so that it will help others.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is BPT?
BPT is Bachelor in Physiotherapy which deals with the structure of the human body. The duration of the course is four and half years which includes six months of internship.
2. I belong to the SC Category. What is the minimum percentage of marks which will make me eligible for admission to BPT?
Students who belong to the SC Category must obtain forty-five percentage marks in the 12th standard. The minimum marks differ from one college to another.
3. How can I get direct admission to BPT?
Most of the colleges offer management quota seats. The students can contact the college authorities for getting admission.
4. What is the minimum age criteria for Bpt?
The minimum age requirement for BPT is seventeen years on the year of admission.
5. Is it mandatory to give NEET for getting admissions to BPT?
No students can get admission to BPT Course without giving NEET examination.
6. What is the average salary after completing BPT?
The average salary of the student after completing BPT is around Rs 5.5 lakhs.
7. Is BPT easy?
No course is easy or tough. It purely depends on your interest, passion, and patience.
8. Is BPT a good course after the 12th?
Yes, it is. BPT has its own scope and opportunities, similar to MBBS.
9. Is it necessary to do MPT after BPT?
No, it is not necessary to do MPT after doing BPT. You can start working as a physiotherapist after completing your BPT. If you are looking at specialized courses, then you can go for MPT.
10. Does doing BPT from a private college have a good scope?
Having a good scope purely depends on your skills and knowledge. It does not depend upon whether the college is government or private.
11. What is the average salary of a physiotherapist from a Government College?
The average salary of any physiotherapist who passes out of the government college is around Rs 60,000 and those working in private hospitals is lesser than the government hospitals.
12. Is a physiotherapist a doctor?
Yes, physiotherapists can affix Dr in front, as per the Indian Association of Physiotherapists(IAP). Medical Council of India still does not have the power to regulate physiotherapists in India.
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case if you are a student or alumni of Krupanidhi College of Physiotherapy Bangalore, then please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.