Greetings to everybody! Thank you for visiting our blog! Making a decision from a list of Dental Colleges available in India can be difficult. But every student’s dream is to choose the top college. To help you make an informed decision, we have given you all the information on dentistry colleges. This blog will tell you everything about M.A. Rangoonwala Dental College Pune – it’s courses, departments, faculty, facilities, amenities, and much more.
Table of Contents
- M.A. Rangoonwala Dental College Pune Overview
- M.A. Rangoonwala Dental College Pune Admission
- M.A. Rangoonwala Dental College Pune Courses Offered
- M.A. Rangoonwala Dental College Pune Fees Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Awards and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
M.A. Rangoonwala Dental College Pune Overview
M.A. Rangoonwala Dental College Pune is a leading dental college in Pune that offers a variety of dental courses to its students. The college is affiliated with the University of Pune and is recognized by the Dental Council of India. The college offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and super-specialty dental courses to its students.
The college has a well-qualified and experienced faculty that imparts quality education to its students. The college has state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities that provide an excellent learning environment for its students.
|Name||MA Rangoonwala College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre|
|Address||2390-B, KB Hidayatullah Road, Azam Campus, Camp, Pune- 411001, Maharashtra.|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences|
|Recognized by||Dental Council of India|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India|
|Hostel||Available for boys and girls|
- The goal of M.A. Rangoonwala Dental College is to provide high-quality education in the field of dentistry.
- The vision of M.A. Rangoonwala Dental College Pune is to be a globally renowned center for excellence in teaching and research with state-of-the-art facilities.
Why Choose M.A. Rangoonwala Dental College Pune?
- On-Site Experience
These colleges offer their students an on-campus experience in dentistry. This allows you to learn from experienced dentists and get real hands-on training in how to practice dentistry.
- Anti-Ragging Initiatives
The college understands that the safety and protection of the students are of utmost priority. Therefore, the college has formed a committee that is meant strictly to punish any kind of ragging and behavioral misconduct against another student.
- Innovative and Interactive Teaching Activities
The college believes in following a student-centered approach toward education, and that involves including an interactive teaching module. The college conducts seminars, journal clubs, integrated teaching techniques, demonstrations, and more.
M.A. Rangoonwala Dental College Pune Admission
MDS Subject-wise Intake
|Oral medicine & Radiology||6|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||6|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||6|
|Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge & Implantology||6|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||6|
|Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry||6|
- Candidates must have cleared their Class 12th examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects.
- They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in their Class 12th examination.
- Candidates must have qualified in the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the Dental Council of India.
- Admission to the BDS course is based on the marks obtained in the CET and the interview conducted by the college.
- Admission to the MDS course is based on the marks obtained in the All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Test.
BDS Eligibility Criteria
- The eligibility criteria for the BDS course is a pass in Class XII or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The candidate must complete 17 years of age on or before the 31st of December of admission.
- The candidate must fulfill the eligibility criteria as laid down by DCI.
Documents Required for BDS Admission
To get admission to the BDS course, there are some mandatory documents that have to be submitted along with the application form. Given below is the list of such documents:
- 10th standard mark sheet and passing certificate.
- 12th standard mark sheet and passing certificate.
- NEET UG scorecard.
- Aadhar Card or any other valid ID proof such as Passport, Driver’s Licence or Voter ID.
- Passport-size photographs.
- Character certificate.
- Migration certificate (for candidates who have completed their qualifying examinations from outside Maharashtra).
- Gap certificate (for candidates who have taken a break of more than one year between their 10th and 12th standard or between their 12th standard and qualifying examinations).
- Income certificate (for candidates belonging to the economically weaker section).
- Caste certificate (for candidates belonging to the SC, ST, or OBC category).
MDS Eligibility Criteria
- The eligibility criteria for admission to the course is 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The candidate must have a valid CET-PG certificate.
- The candidate must have a valid BDS degree from a DCI-recognized university.
Documents Required for MDS Admission
In order to be eligible for admission into an MDS program, candidates must possess the required documents. The required documents may vary from one program to another, but most programs will require the following:
- Certificate of birth.
- Certificate of internship completion.
- A bachelor’s degree in dental surgery from a DCI-approved institution.
- Official transcripts from all academic institutions attended.
- Valid CET certification.
- Statement of marks card from BDS course.
- BDS degree passing certificate from a DCI-recognized college.
- A letter of recommendation from two referees who can attest to the candidate’s academic and professional abilities.
- A personal statement outlining the candidate’s motivations for pursuing an MDS degree.
M.A. Rangoonwala Dental College Pune Courses Offered
|BDS||4 years course+1 year rotating internship|
The 5-year course is an excellent way to kickstart your journey in the field of dentistry. The course, which is approved by DCI and proposed by MUHS, gives students and introduction to general medicine and anatomy, and then slowly moves to dental-specific subjects.
The subjects studied in the course are as follows:
- General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology.
- General Human Physiology and Biochemistry.
- Dental Anatomy, Embryology, and Oral Histology.
- General Medicine.
- General Surgery.
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge.
- Public Health Dentistry.
- Pre-clinical Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge.
- Dental Materials.
- General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
- Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology.
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry.
- Oral Medicine and Radiology.
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
MDS Course is a course designed for medical students who want to specialize in the field of dental surgery. The course covers the basic principles of dental surgery and the different techniques that are used in the field. It also covers the different aspects of patient care and the different types of dental surgery that are performed.
The following subjects are offered to students for the MDS course, and each subject enrolls 6 students. Here are the subjects that students can specialize in:
- Oral Medicine & Radiology.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics.
- Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge & Implantology.
- Oral Pathology.
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics.
- Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry.
M.A. Rangoonwala Dental College Pune Fees Structure
The college, unfortunately, does not offer any information regarding its fee structure. However, you can call the admissions office of the college and ask for more details. You can enquire about financial assistance and if they provide any scholarships. Some colleges partner with banks for loans as well. If you need any help from our end, feel free to get in touch with us as well!
Placements and Scope
Students who graduate with a BDS or MDS degree naturally gravitate towards dental and clinical practice. However, apart from this, there are other options available too, and the college prepares the students in such a way that they can pursue diverse careers. Here are some options:
- Private practitioner.
- Government practitioner
- Dental hygienist.
- Dental cosmetologist.
- Forensic scientist.
- Dental Insurance consultant.
- Clinical research physician.
- Medical regulatory writer.
Students who have graduated from this college have also gone ahead and pursued higher education abroad. Along with that, they have found opportunities in hospitals like Sancheti, Sahyadri, Apollo, Max, and more.
Awards and Achievements
The college accomplished excellent things in its journey. Their affiliation with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) and approval by the Dental Council of India proves the point. The students have been awarded medals for their academic achievements and consistently ranked high in their examination.
The college believes that every student needs true guidance from someone with experience and expertise. The Mentor-Mentee Program is one such facility that is unique to this college. A student is assigned a faculty member who will act as their mentor and have one-on-one sessions to discuss a variety of issues, be it academic or personal.
Health Care & Immunization Policy
The college provides top healthcare facilities to the students as well. They have a hospital and physiotherapy center, along with a first-aid center. The college also runs immunization drives against hepatitis. Moreover, in light of COVID, they also have vaccination drives.
The college has hostel facilities that are available for postgraduate students. There is separate accommodation for boys and girls. The rooms are spacious and offer privacy.
The college places special emphasis on the importance of sports in today’s youth. Annual sports events are organized where students are encouraged to participate. They want to make sports a fun activity that not only keeps students fit but also enhances a feeling of camaraderie among each other.
The college’s expansive library has books from Indian as well as international authors. Students can find a variety of academic books that will help them widen their knowledge of medicine.
College Contact Details
- Address: 2390-B, K.B. Hidayatullah Road, Azam Campus, Camp, Pune, Pin- 411001, Maharashtra, India.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand the stress that students and their parents go through when looking for a good college. It is in no way an easy task, so we are here to make your life a little bit easier. We will continue to do our research on other dental colleges so that we can help you out. Meanwhile, if you have any doubts, feel free to check our other blogs, and get in touch with us. We’ll listen to all your concerns and help in every way we can.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does the College offer other Extra-Curricular Activities to the students?
Yes, the college encourages students to participate in various extracurricular activities. They host annual shows, rangoli competitions, talk shows, skits, plays, and a lot more.
2. What is the Eligibility Criteria for Admission into M.A.Rangoonwala Dental College?
The minimum eligibility criteria for admission into M.A.Rangoonwala Dental College is a pass in the 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects from a recognized board. Candidates must also have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in their qualifying examination.
3. What are the benefits of studying at M.A.Rangoonwala Dental College?
M.A.Rangoonwala Dental College is a well-known college that offers many benefits to its students. The college provides its students with a strong academic foundation, experienced faculty, and state-of-the-art facilities.
4. What is the minimum age to get admission in M.A.Rangoonwala Dental College?
The minimum age to get admission in M.A.Rangoonwala Dental College is 18 years old.
5. Does the college offer leadership opportunities to students?
Yes, the college appoints student council members to look after the welfare of the student community. It gives students the opportunity to practice their leadership skills.
6. What initiatives does the college take to look after the students?
The college has an anti-ragging committee, a women empowerment committee, student welfare cell, mentorship committee, and similar committees that are meant to ensure the welfare of students.
7. How is the location of the campus?
The college is located in Pune which is a city that has a lot to offer. From cafes to movie theatres, students can spend quality time and unwind in the city during the weekends.
8. What is the duration of the courses?
The BDS course is 5 years long, and the MDS course is 3 years long.
You may learn more about another great dental school by clicking on the link below:
A Note to Readers:
Thanks for reading our blog. If you have any additional information about the application and admissions process, the campus, or the courses that we have not provided, please leave it in the comments and help aspiring students with your valuable input.