Hello! We extend a sincere welcome to my blog. You may be wondering what employment opportunities exist in biosciences or what college courses and career routes are available if you recently completed your high secondary degree. We have gathered the most reliable information about Madha Dental College Kundrathur for you if a career in dentistry appeals to you. Learn about the many steps you must take to enrol in an appropriate course at the college by carefully reading the article.
Table of Contents
- Madha Dental College Overview
- Admission at Madha Dental College
- Courses and Departments
- Madha Dental College Fees Structure
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Rankings and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Madha Dental College Overview
|Name of the College||Madha Dental College and Hospital, Kundrathur (MDCH)|
|Address||Somangalam Main Rd, Madha Nagar, Kundrathur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Recognized By||Dental Council of India|
|Affiliated To||The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University|
|Courses Offered||Bachelor in Dental Surgery, Master in Dental Surgery|
|Hostel||Available for both boys and girls|
An elite dental college and hospital, Madha Dental College & Hospital, Kundrathur is connected to the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University. Since its founding in 2006, the university has grown from offering BDS degrees to now offering Post Graduate MDS degrees in several dentistry specializations. The faculty members of the college have achieved significant heights in the area of dentistry at the national and international levels, and the institution takes pleasure in the intellectual community that exists on its grounds.
One of the Top BDS Schools in India that provides high-quality and reasonably priced dental treatment is Madha Dental College and Hospital. It also provides one of the industry’s most cutting-edge learning settings. As part of the Public Health and Community Dentistry Department, the institution often hosts camps and offers free treatments to the residents of the villages surrounding the Kundrathur region.
The college’s mission is to produce competent dental graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to serve society with the finest oral health care possible. This is accomplished by offering students a high-quality education and cutting-edge training.
Empathy, caring, social outreach, enthusiasm, and quality are just a few ways that Madha Dental College and Hospital exemplifies the principles of compassion & excellence.
The college’s goal is to create, from the many different strands that make up society, a group of dental graduates and post-graduates whose moral character and sense of responsibility inspire them to provide the public with the best dental treatment possible.
Why Choose Madha Dental College?
One of the leading universities in South India, MDCH promotes dental treatment. A potential student may be drawn to Madha Dental College for a variety of valid reasons, including the following:
- The college’s professors have extensive experience on the national and international levels. Learning is made more engaging and accurate by combining practical understanding in specialized labs with faculty who deliver world-class instruction. Additionally, the faculties are accessible whenever there are questions.
- They have received advanced training in dental surgery and have more than 10 years of experience in the area, both at the national and international levels.
- All the professors are called “moving encyclopedias” in MDCH
- On its campus, the institution sponsors a variety of cultural and educational events.
- To provide students with better exposure to the subject of dental science, several national-level seminars and webinars are arranged. Expert counsel from throughout India is provided to students during these events.
- Additionally, a variety of sports and cultural events are planned for students so they may experience new things outside of their academics.
- A specialized anti-ragging unit is present on college campuses to safeguard students from any discomfort.
- Students are permitted to lodge complaints with the administration office, and any found guilty face harsh punishment.
Campus of the College:
- The College has state-of-the-art facilities that will give potential students sufficient study chances.
- Additionally, the college offers the best facilities on campus, enabling students to live comfortably.
- To offer free dental treatment to people in rural regions, the college set up numerous medical camps there. Additionally, they frequently host blood donation drives for city residents. All of these activities assist pupils in learning new information and serve as training for them.
- In addition, there are several campaigns, such as those against cigarettes, oral hygiene day, Nurse Day, Doctor Day, etc.
Admission at Madha Dental College
- According to Dental Council of India norms, admissions to the BDS and MDS programs are handled (DCI).
- Both online and offline admissions are permitted.
- Interested applicants should write to the Madha Dental College in Kundrathur for additional admission information.
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||Master of Dental Surgery|
Madha Dental College Cut-Off
- The cut-off is determined by the results of that year’s NEET UG (for BDS students) and NEET PG (for MDS students).
- Due to the college’s affiliation with the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, several special benefits are granted to minority students (SC/ST/OBC) under its policies.
Courses and Departments
|Course||Number of Seats||Duration|
|BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)||100||4 years of academic studies plus a Mandatory Rotating Residential Internship for one year|
|MDS (Master of Dental Surgery)||27||03 years|
|Department||Overview||Head of the Department|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||This department maintains an excellent clinical and academic atmosphere that is beneficial to both undergraduate and graduate students.
The department uses cutting-edge dental procedures, such as Rotary Endodontics and the utilization of Surgical Microscopes.
|Dr Susila ( holds a PhD from IIT Madras and a foundation degree from GDC Chennai)|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||A vital department at the college that serves as a link between dentistry and medicine is the department of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
The department often conducts surgical procedures under local anaesthetic, including tooth extraction, extraction of affected teeth, biopsies, and cysts enucleation among others.
|Dr Deepak Pandiyan (a BDS alumnus from College of Dental Science situated at Davangere and got his specialisation MDS degree from the Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R Medical University)|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||At Madha Dental College, the Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology offers students a calm study atmosphere.
The department has enough space for the designated number of students to attend their posts.
There are enough patients present for the students to completely explore, discuss, and study their subjects.
|Dr M. Subha (MDS, MFDS, PhD, of Glasgow)|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology||The department receives specimens from numerous private enterprises in and around Chennai in addition to meeting the diagnostic needs of several departments.||Dr G. Sivakumar, (Post-doctoral guide in many universities and has undergone specialized training in Biotechnology Forensic Odontology, and Oral Cancer Detection)|
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics||The department takes pride in having highly qualified and motivated faculty members who bring out the best in the students.
To meet the present generation’s need for aesthetics, the department uses cutting-edge procedures including “Invisalign,” “Clear Path, Lingual Orthodontics,” and attractive ceramic brackets.
|Dr Sainath (a distinguished academician and orator who graduated from the esteemed Government Dental College in Chennai, and currently serves as an Executive Committee Member of the Dental Council of India).|
|Paedodontics||The department has 30 unique dental chairs designed with children in mind. The department has state-of-the-art equipment, supplies, and infrastructure for the dentistry field.
The Department features a separate kids’ play area with specific toys and a dental education section where kids may learn improved dental hygiene and put it into practice in real life.
The Department also holds camps regularly in rural and school settings.
|Dr Jayasudha K. (the famous SDM Dental College graduate).|
|Periodontics||The department uses state-of-the-art equipment, such as Lasers, implants, and electrosurgery, to guarantee that the gum health of Kundrathur’s population is perfect.
The department of Periodontology is undoubtedly a force to be reckoned with because of its tiny army of committed employees and regular publication of scientific works in peer-reviewed national and international journals.
|Dr J. Selvakumar (an eminent academician of National fame, Vice President of the Indian Dental Association, Madras Chapter, Vice-President of Indian Society of Dental Research)|
|Prosthodontics Crown and Bridge||Patients go to this area to replace their lost teeth with high-quality alternatives for a fraction of the market price.
The division has its ceramic lab and provides Crowns and Bridges made of cutting-edge materials like zirconia and priceless alloys.
Modern pre-clinical labs provide aspiring undergraduate and graduate students with crucial instruction. Overall, this division and its personnel cannot be replaced.
|Dr Sharmila (a top-notch academic credential and has co-authored popular textbooks in Dental Materials and Prosthodontics)|
|Public Health Dentistry||The state of the country is reflected in the health of the society. same, oral health is essential to general wellness. The Department of Public Health dentistry conveys this message through the various camps it holds in rural and urban areas near Chennai.||Dr Sunder Kote (an editorial board member and reviewer for many national and international journals)|
MDS Specialties and Intake
|Specialty||Seats Available for Admission|
|Public Health Dentistry||3|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics||3|
|Oral Pathology and Microbiology||3|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||3|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||3|
Madha Dental College Fees Structure
|Program||Fees/ year (INR)|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||–|
|Master of Dental Surgery||–|
- The costs for dental colleges differ from one institution to another. Dental Science Course fees at government institutions can be as low as Rs. 17,000 while they can reach up to Rs. 17,00,000 in private institutions like Madha Dental College.
- The special provision and discounts are given to the students of the minority.
- Also, many colleges provide student educational loan facilities.
Placements & Career Opportunities
Career Option in Dental Science
- Dentistry is a well-paying field that deals with difficulties relating to the mouth, teeth, gums, and other hard and soft tissues of the oral cavity.
- Dental treatment and correction are considered to be a part of the profession.
- Dentists aid people in keeping up their physical and aesthetic well-being. Rapid changes in dentistry present both opportunities and difficulties.
- It does encompass certain aspects of cosmetology that include remedial therapy.
Career Option provided by Madha Dental College
Dentistry is a field of study and practice that focuses on treating problems of the teeth, gums, and human oral cavity. And the top-notch instructors at Madha Dental College and Hospital have made a profession in dentistry quite intriguing. Dentistry has nine divisions, including
- Endodontics & Conservative Dentistry.
- Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery.
- Radiology and Oral Medicine.
- Microbiology and Oral Pathology.
- Dentofacial Orthopaedics and orthodontics.
- Dental paediatrics.
- Crown bridges and prosthodontics.
- Dental Public Health.
Here at Madha Dental College Kundrathur, all 9 dental departments are supported. The college produces good Samaritans who can handle the financial hardships that the modern world presents. Also, they make sure that the students are assigned to respectable LPAs, and oral and maxillofacial surgery is the dental profession’s highest-paying profession. And MDCH specialises in it, giving students real-world exposure while they are learning. They gain a broader understanding of the topics as a consequence.
Internship Opportunity after BDS
- The internship is available on campus in the hospital and aids in the understanding of the course’s fundamental concepts while being supervised by professionals. The internship program does not enable payment.
- The college operates under the motto “Earn as you study.”
- The dentist is one of the highest-paid professions in India. Along with the academic sessions, Madha Dental College students receive rigorous practical training during their term of study. They consequently become brave dentists after graduating. with so much practical knowledge.
- Additionally, the five-year BDS program includes a one-year internship at Madha Dental College, giving students better marketability.
Jobs after MDS at Madha Dental College
- Plastic surgeons may also practice dentistry by pursuing a Postgraduate Degree in Oral Surgery and a Super Specialisation in Cosmetic Surgery and the college gives opportunity in their hospital to practice and then as a professional.
- The college gives around a package of 17 lakhs to the best students of their college and it increases along with the time and refinement in skills.
Rankings and Achievements
- Madha Dental College Kundrathur got recognition from the Dental Council of India.
- This college is affiliated with The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University and is looked after by the Madha Group of Academic Institutions.
- A Journal of Madha Dental College is released by Dr Dibyendu Mazumdar. the President of the Dental Council of India.
College’s Achievements in the field of Surgery
- The first BSSO-orthognathic surgery under general anaesthesia (jaw correction surgery) was done by the department of oral and maxillofacial surgery at Madha Dental College and Hospital on August 18, 2021, with assistance from the department of orthodontics.
- The BiJaw Orthognathic treatment and chin advancement were both successfully carried out by the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- The first instance of whole-mouth rehabilitation was successfully finished by the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Twelve dental implants were surgically placed as part of the procedure and then fixed dental prostheses were made.
- At the university level, Dr Almas Begum passed the MDS Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics exam in May 2020 with the top score.
- On November 11, 2021, Tagore Dental College and Hospital hosted the 9th live surgical workshop and student convention. Dr George Samyo (Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery) got first prize for his paper presentation.
- Madha Dental College Kundrathur offers outstanding residential facilities with a wide range of amenities, including separate areas for boys and females.
- The hostel is set up in a cosy, secure manner. Every area has been planned to offer enough space for movement as well as lots of air and light.
- There are rooms with a bed, desk, chair, and almirahs connected.
- Students, educators, and staff that live in or around Chennai can use the transport service and can avail of this service. There are several charges taken by the college for providing the transportation facility.
- The auditorium is spacious and various activities like blood donation, convocation, and seminars are performed in the auditorium of the college.
- The institution has a sizable canteen, and serving meals there is quite well-liked by both students and employees.
- In the hygienic, well-kept, aesthetically pleasing, and inviting environment, students take pleasure in their meals.
- At the campus canteens, the kitchen staff takes care to serve wholesome food that is clean and sanitary to the students and employees.
- The labs are furnished with all the required cutting-edge equipment and dental supplies for the students to study practically without any obstacles.
- The classrooms are enormously roomy. Every classroom has internet connectivity, and there are unique projectors for pupils’ enhanced learning.
- Every student participates in debates, inquiries, and experiments that increase their knowledge and proficiency.
- The physicians consistently prioritise their patient’s needs in an excellent hospital.
- Modern technology and cutting-edge equipment should be a hospital’s primary need.
- High-quality healthcare services are offered around-the-clock and are supported by experts in the medical field, including nurses, physicians, and specialists.
- Additionally, customised treatment is offered. Every patient who comes to the hospital receives individualised care.
- The dental sciences are covered in a variety of books and periodicals in the library.
- The faculty of the Madha Dental College publishes and co-authors a large number of books that are available in the college library.
- The library has all of the books needed to complete the course.
- Additionally, Wi-Fi is available at the library.
No matter how diligently you look into colleges or consider what degree to pursue, it always feels less, and the busy strain that comes along with it makes it seem much worse. In such a situation, it is preferable to entrust your anxiety management to experts. They will do the task on your behalf. This is the kind of service we offer here, along with a variety of in-depth details regarding dentistry colleges. Therefore, read our blog for more information and include us in your trip by getting in touch with us right away for more details. Also, you can contact the college management:
College Contact Details
Address: Somangalam Main Rd, Madha Nagar, Kundrathur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Contact Number: 72739 01234 / 72749 01234..
- Email ID: email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the courses offered at Madha Dental College, Kundrathur?
The two courses are offered by the college in the field of Dental Science: BDS MDS
2. How many seats are available for the BDS Course at Madha Dental College?
There are a total of 100 seats in the BDS Course.
3. How is the infrastructure of MDCH, Kundrathur?
The infrastructure of the college is excellent. All the necessary things like the cafeteria, ATM, and WiFi facilities are available within the campus area only.
4. Does Madha Dental College, Kundrathur provide hostel facilities?
Yes, the college provides hostel facilities for girls and boys separately.
5. How many seats are available for MDS Course at Madha Dental College?
There are a total of 24 seats in the MDS Course.
6. Is Madha Dental College a government institute?
No, it is a private institute.
7. Are there research programs at Madha Dental College?
No, the college does not provide PhD or research degrees, but it does provide excellent placements at its hospital.
8. How is the environment in Madha Dental College?
The surroundings are lush and lovely. At the same time, the campus area is incredibly open and serene. Anywhere in the institution is a comfortable place for students to study.
You can also follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Humble Request to our Readers:
We believe that you all must have suffered from inconsistent information about colleges when you were applying for a fancy dental college degree. You must understand how problematic and discouraging it is. Therefore, we urge you to visit our comments section and post a genuine review of the college. We are sure all the enthusiastic youngsters will thank you for it!