Hey everybody! I’m delighted that you’re here to read my dentistry college weblog. Knowing that you love my posts and spread the word about them to your circle of family and friends makes me incredibly grateful. I am aware that selecting the right institution may be very challenging for pupils. Therefore, we are here to accompany you throughout the admissions process with a team of qualified advisors. I’ll now elaborate on Malla Reddy Dental College for Women (MRDCW), Hyderabad.
Table of Contents
- Malla Reddy Dental College for Women Overview
- MRDCW Admission Process
- Courses Offered & Departments
- MRDCW Fees Structure
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Rankings and Achievements
- MRDCW Reviews
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Malla Reddy Dental College for Women Overview
The Chandramma Educational Society founded the private Malla Reddy Dental College for Women (MRDCW) on the Suraram campus of Malla Reddy Health City. The rural community located in and surrounding villages is served by the hospital of this college.
Under the direction of the Malla Reddy Group of Institutions, the Malla Reddy Dental College for Women offers high-quality dental education to produce knowledgeable and skilled dental professionals who can effectively serve and treat patients while bringing joy and happiness to patients and families.
|Name of the College||Malla Reddy Dental College for Women (MRDCW)|
|Address||Venkatarama Colony, Suraram, Hyderabad|
|Chairman||Mr CH. Malla Reddy|
|Principal||Professor Dr V Chandrasekhar|
|Sponsored By||Chandramma Educational Society|
|Affiliated To||Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences|
- To complete quality control in service and instruction.
- To create special workplace practices that reduce mouth pain in people.
- Use service, education, and awareness to reach the unreachable.
- Perform well in service, teaching, and research and be successful and likeable in the community.
The goal of Malla Reddy Dental College for Women is to educate outstanding, productive, and responsible doctors who uphold a high level of conduct while providing a devoted and loving service to mankind.
Why Choose MRDCW?
The college campus is large and equipped with everything needed to help students feel at ease while they are learning.
The faculty is well-trained and professional in their respective fields. With on-campus OT facilities, teachers may instruct and provide skilled assistance in dentistry and medical specialities. It is a solid foundation that was created as a significant asset for future careers by high-standard teaching staff and a panel of doctors and dental experts.
- On-campus Hospitals
The fundamental sciences in medical topics are taught at Malla Reddy Narayana Hospital which is nearby Malla Reddy Medical College for Women. The hospital training is provided for clinical medical subjects including general medicine and general surgery with OT facilities. There have two hospitals operating in the city which are associated with the college. One of them is a hospital that is a multispeciality healthcare service provider and the other hospital is solely dedicated to teaching purposes.
There are air-conditioned lecture halls with multimedia audio-visual aids as well as very big classrooms. All of these help learners study more effectively and comfortably.
Every department has specialised laboratories for students to practice. All the laboratories are equipped with the latest equipment shown as per the policy of the Dental Council of India.
The library is properly maintained and updated with the latest books and journals.
MRDCW Admission Process
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||100 seats including 15% quota for foreign/NRI Students|
|Master of Dental Surgery||17 seats|
- Candidates who meet the requirements and have passed the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) should apply in the proper format, which may be obtained from the college website or picked up in person from the office.
- Candidates should make it clear that they are applying for a seat under the NRI Quota.
- If the applicant for admission is confirmed to be eligible under the applied category, they will be supposed to pay their fees and travel to the institution on the scheduled date and time to appear before the selection/counselling board.
- The presentation and authentic verification of all appropriate documents will be required for the selection of candidates in all categories.
- You can pick up applications in person at the college or download them from the college website. Completed applications must be dropped off in person at the college office before the deadline.
- Malla Reddy Dental College for Women Hyderabad college administration will carefully review each application that was submitted and registered by the deadline and will compile a merit list of applicants based on each applicant’s NEET exam score.
- A merit list with the candidates’ names listed in order of merit will be created and posted on the college’s website and notice board.
- On a date and at a time set by the college, the applicants whose names are on the merit list mentioned above must appear before the interview/counselling board.
- On the college’s website and notice board, the time and date of the interview or counselling will be posted. The applicant should show up in person for the interview. No proxy requests will be accepted.
- Three hours before the interview time, candidates who have been called for counselling or an interview must turn in all original diplomas, bank guarantees, bonds, and tuition payments to the college office.
- Only those candidates will be permitted to appear before the interview/counselling board if they have produced original documentation, bonds, bank guarantees, and tuition fees.
- The college interview/counselling board will examine the candidates’ applications and supporting documentation to ascertain their overall merit.
- A final list of applicants chosen for admission under the management quota will be created and posted on the college’s website and notice board.
- This final merit list will be forwarded to KNRUHS for review and approval.
- Candidates will be admitted to the college from the merit list that KNRUHS has authorized.
Note: The admission procedure and selection process are only for the BDS Course of the college.
Eligibility for BDS
- The applicants must be citizens of India and meet the requirements for local and non-local status as outlined in the Telangana Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission).
- Candidates must not be older than 21 on July 1 of the relevant academic year and must have reached the age of 17 on or before the 31st of December of the admissions year.
- The applicant must complete a two-year intermediate examination (10+2) pattern or an equivalent test in English, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology. Candidates must receive at least 50% in their science classes.
Documents Required for BDS Admission
- Scorecard of NEET.
- Admit Card of NEET.
- 10th Marksheet for Date of Birth Proof.
- 12th Marksheet.
- Migration and Transfer Certificate.
For NRI Candidates
- A copy of the financial supporter’s passport.
- A copy of their NRI bank account passbook.
- An affidavit in the manner required by law.
Eligibility for MDS
- The candidate must have received an overall grade point average of at least 50%.
- All applicants who completed the two-year PG Diploma in Dental Surgery are also qualified because the Dental Council of India accredited it.
Documents Required for MDS Admissions
- Birth certificate or academic report of class 10.
- Photo identification (passport, PAN card, driver’s license, voter ID, and Aadhaar card).
- Caste Certificate (if applicable, SC, ST, or OBC).
- The medical board certificate of disability (if applicable).
- Marksheets for every year of the BDS program.
- Scorecard and Admit Card for NEET MDS.
- Certificate of Completion of Internship.
Courses Offered & Departments
The courses offered by Malla Reddy Dental College for Women Hyderabad are well recognized by its affiliating university i.e., Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences. The UG and PG programs are regulated as per the guidance of the Dental Council of India, New Delhi. The curriculum and pedagogy at this college are comparable to that of any other Top-ranked BDS School in India.
|Course||Number of Seats||Duration|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||100||5 years including one year of rotating internship in medical college.|
|Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)||17||3 years|
About the Courses:
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||
|Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)||
|Department||Overview||Aim of the Department|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||The field of radiology and the speciality of dentistry known as oral and maxillofacial radiology are both concerned with the creation and interpretation of images and data generated by all forms of radiant energy used for the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the oral and maxillofacial region.||To provide the dental college’s graduates with the information, abilities, and attitudes they need to carry out essential diagnostic, investigative, and therapeutic procedures|
|Oral and Maxillofacial||A distinctive and difficult area of dentistry is oral and maxillofacial surgery. This division focuses on a variety of diseases affecting the head, neck, jaw, and facial tissues. The range of this specialisation is fairly broad and includes anything from managing head and neck disorders to doing straightforward tooth extractions.||In order to give students, employees, and patients with high levels of growth and development, oral and maxillofacial surgery works hard to collaborate with education and service.|
|Periodontology||The area of periodontics deals with the promotion and maintenance of dental hygiene practices, gingival and alveolar bone care practices, as well as training and clinical expertise in dealing with the origin, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of periodontal diseases in adults.||The purpose of this department is to advance knowledge via basic and clinical research internationally and to give undergraduate students a solid educational foundation in periodontics for their future careers in dentistry.|
|Conservative Dentistry And Endodontics||Conserving and extending the life of the tooth structure is the major focus of the Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics department’s work.||The department’s main focus is on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of dental caries complications, as well as the aesthetic repair of teeth with abnormalities and discolorations without impairing their ability to function.|
|Prosthodontics Crown and Bridge||The department has an implantology clinic where many unique cases involving fixed, removable, and full mouth cases supported by implants are investigated. The department continues to show a lot of interest in maxillofacial prostheses.||The department’s main duty is to teach and educate students on the restorative element of restoring lost dentition to biological health, function, aesthetics, and comfort.|
|Oral Pathology and Microbiology||An important component of diagnosing disorders of the oral and para-oral tissues played by the department of oral pathology and microbiology.||The skilled and committed faculty members are always available to mentor students and wish to provide them with knowledge of dentistry.|
|Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||For children from birth through infancy up to the age of 12 in normal children, and/or until all deciduous teeth have been replaced by permanent teeth in abnormal children, the Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry specialised in this.||Preventing dental issues including dental caries and clinical symptoms of malocclusion before they become dental issues is the guiding principle of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry.|
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics is presented to students in a style that is extremely engaging, which naturally fosters awareness and passion for the topic.||To make use of the institution’s superb facilities to become a renowned department concerning academics, research, and innovation.|
|Public Health Dentistry||It functions as a hub for dental health education to raise public knowledge of preventative methods for a variety of dental problems.||Participate in national, international, and rural school health programmes to be actively involved in all health activities.|
MRDCW Fees Structure
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||–|
|Master of Dental Surgery||–|
The idea that private colleges charge more than public universities is widespread among students. However, Malla Reddy Dental College for Women Hyderabad Fees are considerably less expensive. The fee is taken by the college according to Telangana’s Admission & Fee Regulatory Committee (TAFRC). You can always avail of special loans with low-interest rates to ease the financial stress to complete your college degree.
Placements & Career Opportunities
After earning a BDS and MDS Degree, a student has a wide range of employment opportunities to pursue. Additionally, one of the most prestigious emotions in the world is becoming a dentist. It all depends on one’s objectives and interests. Malla Reddy Dental College for Women Hyderabad has a specifically curated placement cell where students are given proper guidance for their career after BDS.
Internship in BDS
- Each applicant must do a one-year rotating internship in a dental institution after passing the final BDS Examination.
- The internship is required, and a BDS degree is awarded following a one-year, paid internship.
Career After BDS Course
- A student can pursue MDS after earning a BDS degree by passing the NEET test and enrolling in either a government college or a private college. A student will get more defined information regarding the clinical knowledge that can be used in his/her practice.
- A recent development among BDS students is the MBA. They’re all pursuing MBAs in hospital administration.
- After earning a BDS Degree, starting a dental clinic is a wise career move since it pays well.
- With temporary rural postings and then permanent postings depending on the ministries, the national and state governments have a few vacancies for dentists in various industries.
- The second-largest pharmaceutical market in Asia is found in India. As a result, pharmaceutical businesses outsource a wide range of research services, making this a profitable vocation. Principal Investigator, Co-investigator, Medical Advisor, Drug Developer, Regulatory Affairs Manager, and Clinical Research Physician are just a few of the career options open to a BDS graduate in this field.
Career After MDS Course
- Working as a dentist is the first and most common career option when exploring MDS possibilities. Dental Surgeon is another name for this profession. Dentists are surgeons who collaborate with patients to identify and address oral health issues. The patient’s teeth and gums are the major focus of treatment.
- One position that includes performing research after MDS is that of a clinical research scientist. They work in laboratories researching various illnesses and determining how treatments affect individuals. The goal is to advance the area of medicine and health sciences and find remedies.
- Working as a professor is another common choice for a scope following an MDS. Both public and private medical universities have open positions.
Government Dental Jobs
- Dental Officer in Indian Navy or Indian Air Force.
- Army Dental Corps.
- Territorial Officer in Indian Army.
- State and Centre Government Jobs as a Dentist.
- Apollo Pharmacy.
- Fortis Hospital.
- Life vision Healthcare.
- Meraki RCM Solutions.
Note: The college has two associated hospitals with its name. The best performing students get a chance to work in the hospital with a great salary package.
Rankings and Achievements
- With the consultation of the Government of India, Malla Reddy Dental College for Women got its affiliation from Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences.
- All the sponsorships of this institute come from Chandramma Educational Society.
- In the year 2021, the college got permission from the Central Government to start MDS Course on the college campus.
- A special Anti-Ragging committee is started by the college for the safety of girls in the campus area.
- Malla Reddy Dental College for Women Hyderabad works for poor people and spreads awareness among rural areas through various Dental Care Camps.
Students often look for effective classrooms so that they can learn in a peaceful environment. The college has fully Air-Conditioned lecture halls with audio-visual aids for a better understanding of the students.
Faculty members are very cooperative with students which is one of the best things about this college. They impart quality learning and focus more on practicality than on theory.
The library is one of the most required assets for a student. Students often search for a library where they can find all the books related to their academic curriculum. The Library of MRDCW contains almost 2170 books in total along with 23 International and National Journals.
As we all know, day to day our country is growing with the latest medical techniques and students must know those techniques. That is why each department of MRDCW has its laboratory where students may practice their skills. According to Dental Council of India guidelines, all laboratories are outfitted with the newest technology.
- Campus Hospital
This college has a separate hospital for the practising of the students and the name of that hospital is Malla Reddy Hospital.
- Anti-Ragging Cell
The Anti-Ragging Committee will serve as the oversight and advising body for maintaining a ragging-free culture on the college campus. The cell’s primary goal is to educate the pupils on the perverse nature of ragging and its inherent degrading effect.
At the time of board examinations, every student experiences an overly stressed and restless time. Our team is aware of this problem of students and that is why we offer services that are personalized to students seeking to engage in the finest colleges that fit their interests. We will make your admission procedure easier. So get in touch with us if you desire a trouble-free transition to the next stage of school life.
College Contact Details
Address: GCVJ+9Q3, Venkatarama Colony, Suraram, Hyderabad, Telangana 500055.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: 9100189797.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do MRDCW, Hyderabad provide a hostel facility?
No, the college does not provide any hostel facility.
2. What are the courses offered in MRDCW, Hyderabad?
Two courses are offered in this institute: Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
3. What are the facilities provided by MRCDW, Hyderabad?
The institute provides all the necessary facilities for students' comfort like Air Conditioned lecture halls, fully-equipped labs, a spacious and peaceful library, and well-trained faculty.
4. Is Malla Reddy Dental College a government or private institute?
The Malla Reddy Dental College for Women is a private institute.
5. What is the intake of the BDS Course in MRDCW, Hyderabad?
The total seats for BDS Course are 100 in this institute.
6. How are the faculty members of MRDCW?
The faculty members are well-trained and professional in their respective fields.
7. Is NEET Exam compulsory to take admission in MRCDW, Hyderabad?
Yes, the NEET Entrance Exam is compulsory not only for this institute but for all the institutes in India.
8. Does Malla Reddy Dental College have a hospital?
Yes, the college has its hospital. Two hospitals are operating in the city which is associated with the college. One is dedicated as a multispeciality healthcare service provider and the other for teaching purposes.
9. What is the intake of the MDS Course in MRDCW, Hyderabad?
The total number of seats for the MDS Course is 17 in this institute.
10. What is the Malla Reddy College Uniform?
Regarding Malla Reddy College Dental College Uniform, students are required to wear a formal white court while attending classes and laboratories.
If you are still looking for other dental colleges, you can check out my detailed post on:
One Small Request:
It would be highly appreciated if you could pen down a review in the comment section below being an alumnus or a current student of Malla Reddy Dental College for Women Hyderabad. You can share your experiences and opinion on education and college and its campus life. This can greatly help budding BDS/ MDS aspirants in their educational endeavours and future careers.