Hello! After completing your schooling, are you wondering how you can get admitted to a dental college? There may be too much information on the internet looking at which you may be overwhelmed. Now, relax because you will be provided with the most accurate information regarding the best dental schools across India. I welcome you to this blog post which will help you to learn about MNDAV Dental College & Hospital, Solan (MNDAV Dental College), one of the renowned dental colleges in India.
Table of Contents
MNDAV Dental College Overview
MNDAV Dental College Solan was established by DAV management in 1997 with the approval of DCI. It is a preferred choice for BDS students since it is located 10 kilometres from Solan City in the clean, lush valley of the Solan Hills.
|Name||MNDAV Dental College & Hospital, Solan|
|Address||MN DAV Dental College, Tatul, P.O. Oachghat|
|Principal||Dr Garish Kumar|
|Affiliated to||Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India & Govt. of India (Min. of Health)|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
- The institution functions per the teachings of Swami Vivekananda and Mahatma Hans Raj Ji and it has earned its rightful reputation as a top institution offering high-quality medical and educational services in Himachal Pradesh and beyond.
- The institute’s efficient staff of knowledgeable professors focuses on producing world-class dentists who are not only exceptionally proficient but also caring.
- Through its many dental camps held all over Himachal, the institution is known for offering free dental care. The college has also built a dental hospital right in the middle of town to give the locals better healthcare.
- The Institute offers first-rate amenities and a wealth of resources to keep up with the rapidly evolving landscape of specialised dental care.
Vision: The institute’s vision entails the organization
- To seek the best knowledge from across, combine it with traditional principles and impart it to the students.
- To combine the ideal of modernism with history and promote research in dentistry.
Mission: The mission that the organization is working toward is
- To reach out to rural area dental patients with all of their experience and instruments.
- To educate, motivate, and raise awareness about oral health care among the general public.
Why Choose MNDAV Dental College?
The campus facilities are a true reflection of the institute’s all-encompassing approach to developing a vibrant environment for learning and information exchange. Some of the unique features that MNDAV Dental College Solan offers are listed below:
- Academic Environment
The campus has a lush, green setting when it comes to the aesthetic and ambience of the place. The campus of this institution offers a welcoming setting where students may engage, meet new friends, and talk about significant issues.
- Academic Block
Students are more driven to master the art of dental surgery when they have access to well-equipped labs. This block consists of well-equipped labs for all dental science’s foundational disciplines, as well as laboratories for diagnostic teaching, to provide students with the thorough foundational knowledge they may use in clinical training.
- Expert Faculty
All of the professors are highly qualified professionals in their fields with solid educational backgrounds. They frequently engage in conversation with students and pay close attention to each one.
- Secure Surrounding
A safe and secure atmosphere for the students is something the institution is dedicated to providing. To ensure that no ragging takes place, CCTV cameras have been deployed across the campus. Students are informed of the anti-ragging rules and given explicit instructions to abide by them.
- Excellent Academic Performance
The academic performance of this university is remarkable. For students to stay updated with the most recent developments in the dentistry sector, the administration is working hard.
Apart from these, they also offer:
- Professional and Encouraging Staff.
- Appropriate Career Training Programs.
- Assistance in Career.
- Professional Guidance.
- Transportation facilities & Massive Library.
MNDAV Dental College Admissions Process
|BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)||4 years + 1-year Internship||60|
Seat Distribution (State-Quota)
|Category||No of seats|
|Defence Personnel’s children||01|
|Freedom fighter’s child||01|
Management Quota Seats
|Category||No. of Seats|
- To be eligible for the admissions procedure, candidates must get the minimum qualifying percentile marks in the NEET entrance test.
- For state counselling processes, SC, ST, and OBC candidates must have obtained 40% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examinations in the subjects of Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English.
- Applicants in the UR group must have scored at least 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent exams in the subjects of Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English.
- The applicant must be at least 17 years old on December 31 of the admissions year.
- Class 10th certificate and mark sheet.
- Any Id Proof (Aadhar, PAN, driver’s licence, passport).
- Certificate of Transfer.
- NEET Admit card.
- Certificate and mark sheet for Class 12.
- Eight photos (passport size).
- Parent’s PAN CARD photocopy.
- Certificate of caste (if applicable).
- Date of Birth Certificate (if not usually found inside the tenth Marks card).
- NEET Scorecard or Rank Letter.
- Certificate of PwD (if applicable).
- Letter of Provisional Allotment.
MNDAV Dental College Courses
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
For those wishing to work as dentists in either public or private hospitals, this course is necessary and mandatory. The programme is five years long, including one year of required rotatory internship after the first four years of classroom education. To prepare and expose students to dental sciences and procedures, BDS focuses largely on training and education.
The courses that the students are acquainted with during their BDS degree fall into the following departments. Here is a table that gives you an overview of the courses (on the right) that will be taught in these departments. MNDAV Dental College Solan has its course curriculum well approved by the Dental Council of India (DCI), New Delhi.
|Name of the Department||Course Overview|
|Periodontics and Implantology||It is the study of periodontal disease, or gum disease, as well as its consequences and remedies.
This area of dentistry is devoted to studying the soft tissues and bones that support teeth, finding innovative ways to treat periodontal illnesses, and using dental implants to replace teeth that have been lost to periodontal disease.
The curriculum aims to give proper training so that students gain expertise in the early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of disorders that damage the gums and tooth-supporting tissues.
|Prosthodontics||The primary aim of this department is to produce competent dentists committed to restoring the health and attractiveness of the mouth and face.|
|Community Dentistry||This department has been given an autonomous status and is equipped with all dental units necessary to offer fundamental treatments across a range of specialisations.
In addition to operating as a fully operational clinic on campus, the department of public health dentistry also provides rural dental health services in the areas of Himachal Pradesh.
|Orthodontics||It comprises Clinical Section, Seminar Room, Laboratory, Computer Section, Photography, Records Room, Students’ Room, and Faculty Office.
The department contains 30 dental chair units, as well as all the laboratory tools and supplies needed for various tasks, including vacuum moulding units, archmages, electropolishing devices, hydrosolder, and light curing units, welders, etc.
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||Students are taught to treat dental caries and pulpal disease, which are the two most prevalent disorders that the Indian population experiences.
The basic and clinical sciences, including the biology of the healthy pulp, the aetiology, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of pulp disorders and injuries, as well as related periradicular ailments, are all covered in its curriculum.
|Implantology||The department has undergone renovations and reorganisation bearing in mind the growing expectations of both patients and the dentistry industry.
It comprises two OT chairs with an operating room and sterile zones, as well as four dentistry chairs with the necessary equipment.
There is a separate physio dispenser for each chair in the OT. The small surgical operation area for the second stage features a computer and RVG setup on its own. Four distinct implant systems are kept in the department.
|Forensic Dentistry||The number of forensic consultations and cases referred to the department has steadily increased.
These cases include age-at-death estimation, sex identification of skeletal remains, ageing children and adolescents, bite mark investigation, and other identification-related questions. They are brought forth by the police, district administrative authorities, and private citizens.
|General Dentistry||The field of general dentistry is diverse and rewarding. It covers pedodontics (handling children), geriatrics (treating the old population), endodontics (root canal therapy), periodontics (managing gums), prosthodontics (crowns, “Caps,” and dentures, “Plates,”), and orthodontics (braces).|
|Paediatric and Preventive Dentistry||It is a speciality of dentistry that focuses on the dental health of toddlers, children, and adolescents. A paediatric dentist understands how to cope with children’s behavioural issues, as well as how to make them feel at ease and enjoy the process.
The curriculum equips students with both academic and practical instruction so that they can treat patients in any demanding circumstance.
|Pharmacology||It teaches the fundamentals of prescription writing, mechanism of action, clinical application, and drug dynamics.
This department emphasises tutorials, multiple choice questions, and practical demonstrations of various medications and dosage forms in addition to educational lectures.
Students in their second year of BDS can distribute the medications needed for day-to-day practice due to the information learned in the pharmacology department.
|General Medicine||It is a major subject in the third year of BDS.
The department is active in a variety of activities, including regular theoretical seminars for students and demonstrations of clinical assessment procedures for all body systems.
Apart from that, the department is also involved in diagnosing and dispensing medication in hospitals situated internally across the state.
During instruction, a significant focus is placed on illness diagnosis by detailed history collection and a broad examination of various body systems.
Dental students are instructed in such a way that they can identify both dental and general illnesses.
|Oral Pathology and Microbiology||It is the backbone of MNDAV Dental College & Hospital, Solan since it serves as a critical link between the first learning phase of pre-clinical science and the succeeding period of clinical topics.
The Department has its museum, which is fully stocked with histopathological specimens/spotters and undergraduate teaching slides. In addition, the Department is participating in several multidisciplinary initiatives in partnership with other departments.
Innovative teaching and evaluation strategies, such as PowerPoint presentations and problem-based learning, are employed for B.D.S 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-year students.
|Physiology||The science of human physiology is concerned with how the body’s numerous functions are controlled in normal circumstances and how they are regulated in pathological and physiological states.
BDS students learn about the physiology of several body systems. It consists of general physiology, blood, nerve-muscle physiology, cardiovascular system, respiratory system, gastrointestinal system, central nervous system, autonomic nervous system, specific senses, renal physiology, endocrinology, and reproductive system.
Faculty members teach the theoretical parts during lecture hours. The practical parts are taught in the Physiology laboratory.
Students improve their abilities here as well as learn to analyse the outcomes of various procedures with a focus on clinical correlation.
|Biochemistry||The study of biochemistry is concerned with comprehending the numerous biological processes and their importance in maintaining health and fitness. It is related to the sickness and health of people.
Clinical chemistry, one of its application-focused subfields, focuses on the technique and interpretation of chemical tests carried out to help diagnosis and therapy.
For students training for careers in human medicine and dentistry, understanding biochemistry is crucial. The pupils’ future ability to deliver top-notch patient care will be aided by this knowledge.
Students in the first year of the BDS and MDS Basic sciences programme are taught about biochemistry. The department also offers teachings through LCD projectors and modern teaching techniques.
The MNDAV Dental College Solan fee structure for the BDS programme is as follows:
|Quota-wise Tuition fee||Amount per year (INR)|
No child should feel discouraged towards availing of education irrespective of their standing as far as their economic conditions are concerned. So, if you are someone who is having second guesses looking at the fees table, you should be able to reach the college administration and ask them if they have special programmes that will allow them to pay in instalments. If not, you can always enquire about the various student loan packages that have low-interest rates.
MNDAV Dental College Placements
- The BDS degree requires a one-year compulsory rotatory internship, which begins after the program’s first four years and six months.
- A student is considered a BDS graduate only after completing a one-year compulsory rotatory internship.
- During the internship, the student acquires practical knowledge, great dental skills, professionalism, and research ability.
- Students can do their internship at any accredited dental institute.
The organisation harbours a personal hospital facility. This means the organisation can guarantee 100% internship placements for their students. Some of the benefits of this internship programme are as follows:
- Improve students’ dental knowledge.
- Improves clinical skills.
- Build students’ confidence in their abilities and capabilities.
- Improve their communication abilities.
- Develops professionalism.
- Improves scientific research skills.
Career Opportunities for BDS Graduates
- After completing the B.D.S. degree, a student may open his or her clinic. While opening a clinic may need a considerable amount of time and initial investment, once it starts functioning well, earnings can be rather high.
- Dentists might find work at government hospitals and hospitals in rural areas. Every year, several government job exams are held. Students that are interested in these positions can apply.
- A student with a B.D.S. degree may be able to work as a clinical researcher, evaluating medical instruments and therapies or investigating medication efficacy.
- Students may also choose to pursue an MDS degree to have a more in-depth understanding of the subject.
- Many students prefer to study or work overseas.
- Many renowned dental colleges across India are seeking dental faculty with desirable qualifications, thus being a Professor or Lecturer might be a viable career route.
Top Recruiters for Students with BDS Degrees
- Harini Dental Care.
- Dentalmantra Dental Clinic Chain.
- Apex IT services.
- Cosmo Tree Clinic.
- SafeMedTrip Assistance India.
Note: Most of the students apply at the institute’s hospital and are hired if they meet the eligibility requirements.
Ranking & Recognitions
- MNDAV Dental College Solan is one of Himachal Pradesh’s most well-known dentistry schools which offers cutting-edge facilities and a talented faculty. Additionally, it offers all the essential conveniences for a comfortable living on campus.
- After a lot of effort put into ensuring persistence in maintaining academic excellence and up-to-date infrastructure to back their students and faculty, the college received honourable accreditation from AICTE and recognition from the DCI and the Government of India.
- The institute has had great success organising Dental Camps in several villages and rural locations to raise public awareness about oral healthcare. Overall, the rating of this college is at par with the Top-ranked Dental Schools in India.
LCD projectors are accessible in the lecture halls, which are located in both the academic and the hospital blocks. In these classrooms, interactions between professors and students foster a strong student-teacher relationship.
- The library contains a vast selection of literature covering all topics connected to dentistry, from fundamentals to advanced ideas, available for quick reference and loan to students to help them study more effectively.
- Additionally, it has subscriptions to a wide variety of regional, national, and worldwide journals that are processed often.
Girls’ and boys’ hostels are located separately on the campus and have all the amenities needed. In addition to fostering professional fraternity, they inculcate in the students a sense of confidence and togetherness. The hostels are well-equipped with sufficient lighting, ventilation, and a mess that offers hygienic and wholesome cuisine.
350 people may be accommodated in a large auditorium that is equipped with a public speaker system, A/V aids, and comfortable seats.
An annual sports meet is held at the institute, which offers facilities for both indoor and outdoor events. Students can play a variety of games on the campus playground. Teams play against one another, and after a tight competition, prizes are won.
Anti-ragging lectures are often held in college and they cover every element of ragging in great depth. To deal with any instances of ragging, the institution has both an anti-ragging committee and an anti-ragging squad. However, no instances of ragging have been reported in the institution during the last many years. The institution was found to be fully safe for new students.
The grievance cell aims to resolve all types of complaints wherein they gather and analyse student complaints, and judge the authenticity of the information. Based on this, they decide if they are valid and take suitable remedial actions, and, if required, bring them to management’s attention. This service is also available on their official website, students can post grievances through it.
- The institution holds the opinion that giving students the chance to use their creativity is essential for improving their talents.
- Cultural events are planned to support talent development and promote artistic endeavours. As they organise the activities, students work in teams and share responsibility.
- An annual cultural extravaganza is a much-anticipated event at the college because of its distinctive flavour and flair. It’s a fusion of concepts, a masterful blending of the arts, abilities, and performance intensity.
Students and professors from various parts of the city can use the institute’s transportation services. The college offers a variety of vehicles which can be utilised by both patients and students, it makes commuting easy for people who reside elsewhere in the city.
Every student has an especially tense and distracted period worrying about college admissions. We are aware of this, which is why we provide specialised assistance to students who want to enrol in the best universities of their interests. Allow us to make the admissions process smooth and sweat-free for you! So contact us if you want a smooth transition to the next chapter of your life.
College Contact Details
Address: MN DAV Dental College, Tatul, P.O. Oachghat, Solan-173223 (Himachal Pradesh).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: 01792-252027.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is MNDAV Dental College a government institute?
No, it is a private institute.
2. Does M.N.D.A.V. offer hostel facilities?
Yes, they offer separate on-campus hostels for boys and girls.
3. Where is M.N.D.A.V. Dental College located?
It is located at Tatul, Solan, Himachal Pradesh.
4. Do they have extensive research facilities?
Yes, they have all of the major research facilities required to carry out various research projects.
5. Is the MNDAV Dental College campus safe and secure?
The institution's anti-ragging committee and anti-ragging squad work together to make campus and hostels safe for students of both genders. Ragging is strictly forbidden on college property, including offices, residential halls, and any public transit that travels to or from campus.
6. How many BDS students are admitted to the M.N.D.A.V. dental college per year?
Every year, 60 students are accepted into this institute.
7. Do they offer Transportation facilities?
Yes, they offer transportation facilities.
8. Do they offer P.G. courses?
Management will soon be initiating P.G. Courses in six specializations, for which infrastructure has already been developed to suit the requirements of D.C.I. as well as the pressing need of the people of Himachal Pradesh.
If you are looking for other dental colleges, you can follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
Just a Moment:
If you are an alumnus or a student pursuing a degree in BDS from MNDAV Dental College Solan, please share your know-how and reviews in the comment box below about the program and its campus life. This simple take of your can help the budding BDS aspirants in their future careers.