Physiotherapy is considered as an alternate way of healing mechanism. This healthcare sector is flourishing day after day in this country. So! If you wish to become a physiotherapist professional, then you’ll have to pursue a degree in BPT. In this post, I have brought you important information and details about one of the top physiotherapy colleges in Bangalore i.e., Nargund College of Physiotherapy, Bangalore. Read further to know more about admission process, courses, fee details, placement, facilities offered etc.
Table of Contents
- Nargund College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- Courses offered
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents required
- Nargund College of Physiotherapy Fees Structure
- Admissions 2022-23 at Nargund College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Departments and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
Nargund College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
Nargund Group of Institutions has been a pioneer in the field of education and training for the past twenty-five years. The Group aims to make the students competent in this world by imparting dynamic skills required to prosper and flourish in this immense competition.
The rigorous training and development programs in the field of healthcare along with the academics help in molding the next generation of healthcare professionals. The teaching pedagogy of experienced national and international experts, work continuously to upgrade the courses with the competitive skills in the market.
It especially emphasizes the holistic approach that can help in developing a conducive and nurturing environment that can explore the intellectuals of the students. There are augmented learning and development by the industry experts, current developments and defining their roles in the professional ecosystem,
Nargund College of Physiotherapy comes under the Nargund Group of Institutions and was established in the year 2003. The main aim of the college is to provide quality education in the field of healthcare. The college is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) and is also recognized by the State of Karnataka. The course structure is accredited by the Indian Association of Physiotherapy (IAP).
The location of the college is at Nargund College of Physiotherapy, 99,1st B Main Road, Manjunath Nagar, Ittamadu, Dattatreya Nagar, Hosakerehalli, Bangalore, Karnataka- 560085.
Nargund College of Physiotherapy Bangalore offers undergraduate courses, Bachelor’s Program in Physiotherapy. It is a full-time course for a duration of four and half years. It also includes six months of internship.
Bachelor’s Program in Physiotherapy at Nargund College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Physiotherapy is among the most holistic health professions involving the application of biomechanics which help in restoring the strength, mobility, and function in the patients. It mainly focuses on the effective prescription of the exercises and body movements to the patients in restoring the vital functioning of the motor functions which are reduced due to diseases, injury, pain, disorder, and other environmental factors.
A physiotherapist also known as a physical therapist plays a very important role in the healthcare team in the healthcare field where his responsibility is to rehabilitate the patients to get them back to normalcy by using exercises, manual therapies, physical activities, and rehabilitation techniques.
The job of the physiotherapist involves helping the patients recover and rehabilitate from the state of neurological, musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, sports, geriatrics, oncology, and so on. These health professionals help in treating the reactions and responses of the body to injuries, diseases, and abnormalities.
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT).||Four and half years.||Must have finished PCB Or PCMB with a minimum of at least forty-five percent.|
Responsibilities of a Physiotherapist
Physiotherapy is a growing and demanding field with an immense number of opportunities, whereas nowadays the paramedical sciences have a larger role to play. The main responsibilities of a physiotherapist are:
- To recommend remedy exercises.
- Evaluation of muscle strength and quantification.
- Providing physical treatment with the help of diathermy, ultrasonic therapy, contrast bath, infra-red therapy, and many other different types of exercises.
- Evaluation of neurological patients.
- Application of techniques such as manual therapy, mobilization, and manipulating the softer tissues.
- Evaluation of the treatments given at home in order to make the treatment accessible and free of barriers.
- Helping to improve the status of patients with cardiopulmonary disorder.
Careers in Physiotherapy
There are a large number of career options that are available, after completing a Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT). Some of the career options are:
- Corporate Physiotherapist.
- Health care Physiotherapy Instructor.
- Ergonomic Care Advisor.
- Consultant Physiotherapist.
- Physiotherapist in Special Schools for Physically Disabled Children.
- Sports Physiotherapists.
- Physiotherapists in Old Age Homes.
- Private Practitioners.
- Clinical Researchers.
- Physiotherapists at old age homes.
BPT is a full-time bachelor’s degree course for four and half years. Students who are looking to get admission to BPT must satisfy the eligibility criteria:
- Must have passed Higher Secondary Education 12th Standard or any other examination which is equivalent, from a recognized university, with the Science specialization with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology along with English as the main as well as optional subjects.
- The aggregate score for Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Math must be a minimum of forty-five percent.
- The minimum age of the student must be at least seventeen years of age at the time of getting admission.
- He/she must be medically fit to take up the course.
It is advisable to have four or five copies of the documents during the time of admission. The documents which are required for admission to BPT are:
- 10th Standard Mark sheet and Passing Certificate.
- 12th Standard (10+2) Mark sheets and Passing Certificates.
- Migration Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- Identification Proof like PAN Card, Driving Licence, Passport, or Voter ID.
- Medical Fitness Certificate from a Government authorized Medical Officer.
- Recent photographs.
Nargund College of Physiotherapy Fees Structure
To know more about the detailed fee structure of the courses offered by Nargund College of Physiotherapy Bangalore, please call me or write to me. I will surely get back soon.
Admissions 2022-23 at Nargund College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The admissions details for Nargund College of Physiotherapy Bangalore are available online. Please follow the steps mentioned below to complete the admission process:
- Go to the link of the admissions.
- The application form will be shown clearly.
- Please fill in your details carefully and upload the necessary documents.
- After filing the application form, a link will come to pay the application fees.
- Pay the fees with any of the methods.
- Finally, the completed application form will be shown. Download the form to keep as a reference in the future.
If you are not able to complete the procedure or find some difficulty, during the same, you can give me a call or drop a message for me. I will help you out with the complete process.
Nargund College of Physiotherapy provides placement assistance to all the students. The institution has a placement cell that looks after grooming, mentoring, and guiding the students with skills and courses to upskill, so that they are industry-ready. The students get placements in reputed hospitals, rehabilitation centers, sports clinics, and private hospitals.
The Institution is located at Dattatreya Nagar, Hosakerehalli, which is a quiet, serene, and beautiful place in the city of Bangalore. They believe in making the students feel at home, though they are away from their hometown.
The facilities which are available on the campus are:
Hostel at Nargund College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
There is a separate block for the boys and girls who are residing on the campus. The rooms in the hostel are spacious, airy with good ventilation. It is also furnished with a study table, beds, and cupboards. The hostel warden is in charge of the safety and security of the hostilities. Security is provided round the clock so that the students feel safe in their hostels.
Hostel Mess at Nargund College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Hostel Mess Facility is available for the students within the campus. There is a large dining hall where the students can come and have their food. It is neat and clean. The food served in the mess is made according to the choices of the students.
Library at Nargund College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Nargund Group of Institutions has got separate libraries for each of the colleges. The library is considered the pool of knowledge for both the faculties and the students. A vast collection of reference books, study materials, CDs, and Indian and International Journals.
The library has a reading room where the students can study in a quiet and calm atmosphere.
The college is providing transport facilities for students who are residing on the campus. There is a fleet of buses that picks the students and drops them to hostels, college, and their clinical postings.
Outdoor sports and games are given a lot of importance by the Nargund College of Physiotherapy Bangalore. They believe in the personality development of the students. In the campus, various intercollegiate tournaments, state-level competitions, etc. are organized. Cultural events also take place once a year within the campus. They are encouraged to take part and build their confidence.
Labs are present within the campus to provide hands-on clinical experiences to the students. The practicals performed in the labs help in improving the understanding of the concepts in a better way.
Departments and Research
The college has separate departments for each of the specializations. Each department gives the students the clinical postings so that it can help in enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the various subjects which they are studying during the course time.
The different departments which come under the Nargund College of Physiotherapy are:
- Musculoskeletal and Sports Physiotherapy.
- Neurological Physiotherapy.
- Pediatric Physiotherapy.
- Cardio-Respiratory Physiotherapy.
- Physiotherapy for Women’s Health and well-being.
Research plays an integral part in the academics at Nargund College of Physiotherapy Bangalore. The faculties mentor and provide guidance to students to write and publish research papers in national and international journals. This helps in developing their interests in the research and development field.
I have some of my friends who are studying at Nargund College of Physiotherapy Bangalore. I have visited the college myself to find that the institution has a good course structure, well-qualified faculties, and good infrastructure facilities for the students. I have researched the college both online and offline. To know more, please visit http://www.karnatakaphysio.org/.
If you find my post interesting, please share it with your friends and family. Having more questions, please call me or write your questions in the comment box below. I assure you I will reply as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does Physiotherapy mean?
Physiotherapy refers to the system of medicine which involves examining, diagnosing, treating, and advising people to main and help restore physical functioning, mobility, and strength.
2. What do physiotherapists do?
Physiotherapists are trained medical professionals who can administer physiotherapy treatments. It includes treating with different methods such as electrotherapy, exercises, shock waves therapy, and so on, in order to treat the illness of the bones and their soft tissues.
3. Can I apply for BPT Course if I missed my NEET entrance examination?
Yes, you can apply for BPT Course. The score of the NEET entrance examination is not required for applying to the BPT Course.
4. Can physiotherapists use equipment to treat the patients?
Physiotherapists are trained to use physiotherapy techniques, but in some cases where the patient does not respond to the treatments, they use types of equipment such as a trampoline, balance ball and chair, equipment for mobility, and so on.
5. After completing BPT Course, can I pursue a DNB or M.Sc. in Orthopaedics or Diploma in Orthopaedics or D.Ortho Surgeon?
For pursuing DNB in Orthopaedics, after which you can become an ortho surgeon, you must have completed your MBBS Degree. The same holds for the Diploma in Orthopaedics.
6. What are the career options after completing BPT in India?
The future career options for BPT in India are: Sports Physiotherapist. Geriatric Physiotherapist. Pediatric Physiotherapist. Oncology. Orthopedic Physiotherapist. Neuro Physiotherapist. Community-based rehabilitative services. Women’s health and hygiene. Hospitals. Sports associations. Private clinics.
7. What is the average course fee for the Bachelor of Physiotherapy course?
The average course fees for the Bachelor of Physiotherapy course are from ten thousand rupees to two lakh rupees.
8. My friend is a BPT graduate. What is the minimum package that she can expect?
There are many factors like skills, experience, and the organization with which she is working. The minimum package that a physiotherapist gets is three to four lakh rupees per annum.
9. What is the percentage of marks required in the SC category for getting admission to BPT?
The minimum mark required for the SC category in the 12th Standard, for getting admission to BPT, is forty-five percent. The percentage of marks will vary from one college to the other.
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case if you are a student or alumni of Nargund College of Physiotherapy Bangalore, then please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.