If you are a physiotherapy aspirant and looking for admission to a professional degree program, then this post can be very useful to you. Here I have posted the key aspects and relevant information about one of the top BPT colleges in Bangalore. The college’s name is Oxford College of Physiotherapy. This is quite a well-known physiotherapy college in Bangalore city. This college provides UG and PG programs as well. The career prospects are much better here compared to any other college. Read further to know more about Oxford’s admission process, fee details, courses, placements, facilities offered etc.
Table of Contents
- Oxford College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- Courses offered
- Course Eligibility
- Documents required
- Admission Procedure for Oxford College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Oxford College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Fees Structure
- Department and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
Oxford College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
The genius of the Oxford Institute was the founder Chairman Mr Narasaraju, whose vision to provide education started in the year 1974. It has grown into a full-fledged institution, providing enlightenment of knowledge to thousands of students. Oxford College of Physiotherapy was started in 1996 and is growing at an inspiring phase. It has got a state-of-the-art infrastructure. The institute has become a top-class academic institution, which takes pride in nurturing knowledge and bringing prosperity to many lives.
It is a private college, which is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences University. It is also recognized by the Indian Association of Physiotherapy (IAP) and the Government of Karnataka. The college finds its place in 6/9A, Begur Main Road, Hongasandra, Bangalore, Karnataka.
The Director of the institute is Mr S. N. V. L Narshimha Raju and the Principal is Dr R. Vasanthan (PhD).They are highly qualified, experienced, and dedicated faculty members to impart knowledge and improve life skills.
Some of the faculty members are:
- Dr R. V. Vijay Kumar – Professor (Musculoskeletal Sciences).
- Dr Divya Mohan – Professor (Paediatrics).
- Dr Parthipan – Assistant Professor (Community Therapy).
- Dr Shyam Shankar – Assistant Professor (Community Physiotherapy).
- Dr Pooja Vora – Lecturer (Musculoskeletal Sports).
- Dr Tulika Boro – Lecturer.
- Dr Krishna Chandar G. U- Lecturer (Musculoskeletal Sports).
- Dr Ranjana K. N. – Lecturer (Neurology).
- Dr Sreerag – Lecturer.
- Dr Pristy Paul – Tutor and many more.
Why study physiotherapy at Oxford?
The reasons for choosing Oxford College are:
- It provides placement assistance in speciality hospitals, sports teams, private clinics, research centres, fitness training centres, and NGOs across the world. There are over three hundred alumni working worldwide.
- Helps in providing community services to Government agencies and NGOs along with imparting education.
- It has got accredited by an International Organization for Accreditation for the quality of education.
- It has won four national awards for best paper presentation over the past seven years.
- There is professionalism in patient care and clinical training.
- State-of-the-art patient care facilities with clinical settings.
- Hi-tech patient evaluation systems for training students for Global standards.
Oxford Institute offers courses for graduate, postgraduate, and doctorate levels. It has a Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT), Master’s in Physiotherapy (MPT), and PhD in Physiotherapy
Bachelors of Physiotherapy at Oxford College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Bachelor of Physiotherapy is a four and half year course, which is recognized by the Karnataka Government as well as affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences University in Bangalore. It includes six months of internship. It has also got recognition from the Indian Association of Physiotherapy. It helps in preparing the students to become healthcare professionals.
Apart from the course curriculum, emphasis is given to personality development, in order to shape them into better medical professionals. The infrastructure facilities help the students provide theoretical and practical training.
The subjects in the course are:
- Human Anatomy.
- Biomechanics of Human Motion.
- First-Aid Training.
- Orientation to physiotherapy.
- Clinical Orientation.
Master’s in Physiotherapy at Oxford College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Master’s in Physiotherapy is a post-graduate level course for a duration of two years. The specializations offered are:
- MPT in Neurological Sciences.
- MPT in Musculo-Skeletal Sciences.
- MPT in Sports Sciences.
- MPT in Paediatrics.
- MPT in Community Health.
During the course duration, emphasis is given to teaching and learning experiences, like seminars, clinical presentations, interdepartmental meetings, community work, paper presentations, and so on. There are teaching opportunities available for the undergraduate students, along with self-learning which can be done through the library and CME courses.
PhD in Physiotherapy at Oxford College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The institute offers a PhD full-time which is for a period of three years. The part-time is for a duration of six years
You need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to get admission to the BPT course:
- Students must have passed the Pre-University Examination which has been conducted by the Government of Karnataka, with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with English as the elective subjects.
- He/she must have an aggregate score of forty percent in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects.
- For those students belonging to SC/ST, the aggregate score should be thirty-five percent in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Must have completed seventeen years of age on the 31st December on the year of admissions.
- Before getting admission, students are required to furnish Medical Fitness Certificate duly signed by an authorized Government Medical Officer, stating that he/she is physically fit to undergo the course.
Admission to the MPT Course is based on merit. He/she can qualify for the course when the conditions are fulfilled:
- Must have completed a BPT course from a recognized university.
- Must have a certificate of completion of internship on or before the RGUHS University finalized date (June/July).
For getting admission into the PhD, he/she needs to fulfil the following criteria:
- Must have passed postgraduate degree from a recognized university, with a minimum of fifty percent.
- Must have the migration and college leaving certificate.
For getting admission to the BPT course, the following documents are required:
- 10th and 12th Mark sheets.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Transfer Certificate.
- School Leaving Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Proof of Identity
At the time of getting admission to MPT, the following documents are required:
- BPT Course Completion Certificate.
- Year-wise Mark sheets of BPT (I to IV).
- Certificate of transfer.
- College Leaving Certificate.
- Certificate of migration.
If you are looking to get admission to the PhD in Physiotherapy course, he/she need to submit the following:
- Postgraduate Mark sheet(Year-wise).
- Certificate of Migration.
- College Leaving Certificate.
- Proof of Identity.
Admission Procedure for Oxford College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The Admission procedures for taking admissions into BPT and MPT courses are:
- Firstly, you need to send the marks sheets for verification.
- After that, the mark sheets which need to be sent are:
- For BPT-10th and 12th standard mark sheets.
- For MPT-Year wise mark sheets for BPT Course and Certificate for completion of Internship.
- The admission office will scrutinize the mark sheets and intimate you about course eligibility, fee structure, and payment mode. Call up the administration office to make enquires for fee structure and make the payments online.
- Once the payment of fees is done, send the fee receipt to the admission office.
- Finally, after the admission office finishes verification, then only the admission procedure is completed.
You can also call me or write to me and I will guide you through the admission procedure, till you get admission to the college.
Oxford College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Fees Structure
The fees structure for the various courses offered by Oxford College of Physiotherapy Bangalore are:
|Rs 1,00,000 (Tuition Fees)
|Rs1,00,000 (Tuition Fees)
Oxford Group of Institutions provides the students with all the amenities required during the duration of the course. The facilities are:
Library at Oxford College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
There is a separate library for each college, with a vast and comprehensive collection of books. It provides reference materials for the in-depth understanding of the particular subjects. It has national and international journals on the subjects.
Language and Computer Lab at Oxford College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
A large number of students at Oxford require support in the language. They are trained in the state of art labs. It provides courses at two levels: Basic course in English training, which is done through the Wordsmith software. The English teacher makes use of the student’s language skills and self-driven training classes are provided, to improve the language and grammatical skills. Foreign students are given training for IELTS and TOEFL IBT Training. It has got text-based, audio, computer-based materials and internet link to the sites for training in languages.
Hostel at Oxford College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The institute provides separate hostels for boys and girls. The hostel rooms are single, double, triple, and four-sharing. They are comfortable, and well ventilated with cupboards and beds. The foreign student hostel also has single and double rooms. It includes a facility for food.
There is a fleet of buses going to different areas in the city where the students and faculties are picked and dropped, off during the internships and industrial visits.
Ragging is not a part of the culture of the students who are staying on campus. There is an anti-ragging committee formed which has representation from faculties and students. They look into the implementation of the rules and strict action is taken against those who do not follow the rules.
Department and Research
The highly qualified, experienced, and skilled faculty members, help in motivating and developing their interest in the field of research. Mentoring and guidance is given to the students, in order to develop their interest in research and development. Different research papers have been published in various national and international journals.
Oxford College of Physiotherapy has got different departments for various specializations. They are:
Department of Movement Science
The department looks into the analysis and identification of movement dysfunction.
Department of Electrotherapy
It trains the students on basic skills about using high and low physiotherapy, which help in reducing pain and improving strength.
Department of Musculoskeletal and sports physiotherapy
It caters to the understanding, evaluation, and training of the patients who suffer from Orthopaedic issues like fractures, arthritis, degenerative changes, sports injuries, etc.
Department of Neuro and Paediatric Physiotherapy
It helps to understand, evaluate and train patients who are suffering from neurological disorders such as stroke, cerebral palsy, development disorders, Parkinson’s disease, etc.
Department of Cardio-Respiratory Physiotherapy
It looks after patients with respiratory problems such as bronchial hygiene, clearance of airway, and removal of secretions. It helps patients who have undergone cardiothoracic surgery and other surgeries. It helps to minimize chest complications by using manual and independent physiotherapy techniques.
Department of Community Physiotherapy
Community Physiotherapy Department takes care of the needs of society, by giving physiotherapy services for the local as well as the communities which are adapted.
Oxford College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is among the best colleges which are offering physiotherapy courses. The institution has got a beautiful campus with highly qualified and experienced faculty members. There are excellent infrastructure facilities available for the students. I have talked to some of the students who are studying there. I have done my research both online and offline. If you want to know more, please visit http://www.karnatakaphysio.org/.
You can also write your queries to me in the comment box or call me. I will definitely get back to you soon. If you are an alumnus, please write a review for us about the college.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the Oxford College of Physiotherapy located?
Oxford College of Physiotherapy is located at6/9A, Begur Main Road, Hongasandra, Bangalore.
2. What are the eligibility criteria for getting admission to the MPT Course?
Students who are looking for getting admission to the MPT Course must have passed BPT from a recognized university in India.
3. What is the average salary which a physiotherapist gets after finishing a BPT course?
The average salary which a physiotherapist gets after finishing his BPT Course is in between four lakh rupees to seven lakh rupees.
4. Can I take direct admission to the physiotherapy course?
Yes, you can take direct admission to the physiotherapy course based on marks secured in the 12th standard for Physics, Chemistry and Biology with English.
5. Does the college have affiliated clinics for students to gain practical experience?
Yes, the college has got affiliations with many hospitals and clinics, as well as opportunities for future career opportunities.
6. Can physiotherapy provide a respectable and rewarding career?
Physiotherapists is a respected career as they possess skills of healing abilities to cure patients in the most skilled way. They are in demand both in public and private hospitals.
7. What are the facilities available in the college?
The facilities available in the college are Spacious classrooms, a Library, hostel accommodation, mess facility, anti-ragging cell, and transport facilities.
8. Can I do BPT after my 12th standard?
Yes, you can do the BPT course after completing the 12th standard. The aggregate score for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with English must be around forty percent.
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case if you are a student or alumni of Oxford College of Physiotherapy Bangalore, then please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.