With the establishment of the Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) course, Ayurveda is currently taking on a new dimension. The degree is considered to be equal to an MBBS course which was approved by the Indian Medical Council in 1993. Ayurveda has grown in popularity because modern scientific and evidence-based methodologies are being employed to apply its age-old medicinal procedures and technologies. Because of this many people who want to become doctors are enticed to pursue a BAMS degree. Are you one such aspirant? Then you must be looking for some good colleges to study BAMS. I’ve got you one college you can look out for. Let’s talk about Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir.
Table of Contents
- Sharada Ayurvedic College Overview
- Admission at Sharada Ayurvedic College
- Ayurveda Course Offered
- Program Fees Structure
- Placements & Careers
- Rankings and Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Sharada Ayurvedic College Overview
Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir is an institution directed by Shri Basava Educational Trust. Established in the year 2014, the college is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, approved by the Central Council of Indian Medicine & Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi, and recognized by the National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM), New Delhi, India.
|Name||Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir|
|Address||Dastrabad, Karnataka 585321|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences|
|Approved by||Central Council of Indian Medicine & Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi|
|Recognized by||National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM), New Delhi, India.|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
Located in Yadgir District, the college is a pioneer in initiating Ayurveda Education in the English Medium. The college will serve you the best if you are a resident or a nearby resident of the Yadgir District.
- In order to serve society and the country, they must develop, propagate, preserve, and set high standards of educating students via excellent teaching, training, and patient care.
- The college aims to be a leading centre globally for producing excellent Ayurveda medicine, healthcare, and research.
- To establish itself as a centre of excellence for Ayurvedic education, training, research, and patient treatment, as well as a significant national and international institution.
- To educate and transform the students to their best level.
- By adopting an Ayurvedic lifestyle, a skilled team of committed healthcare professionals will work to promote effective, inexpensive, and high-quality healthcare to aid the poor.
- Improve the quality of education in Ayurveda to global standards.
Admission at Sharada Ayurvedic College
Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir offers one undergraduate course in Ayurveda. The Central Council of Indian Medicine has recognized the BAMS course for this college.
Intake for BAMS
|Course Name||Intake Capacity|
Step 1: Visit the college and get the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the appropriate details with the scanned copies of the required documents.
Step 3: The college will look for eligibility criteria and other aspects.
Step 4: Once the checking is done, the college will contact you for further proceedings.
Eligibility Criteria for BAMS
- The candidate should have completed his 10 + 2 examination.
- The candidate should have scored a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in individual courses of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- For SC/ST candidates, 40% of aggregate marks will pass the eligibility criteria.
- BSc graduates from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50% are eligible for this course.
- The candidate should have appeared and qualified for NEET Examinations.
Documents Required for BAMS Admission
- SSLC Marks Card.
- PUC/12th Marks Card.
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Rank Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate (For Non-Karnataka Candidates).
- Caste Certificate.
- Medical Certificate.
- Identity Proof.
- Passport Size Photograph.
Important Dates for NEET 2022
|Application Registration Date||April 6, 2022|
|Application Form Submission Last Date||May 20, 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date||July 12, 2022|
|Exam Date||July 17, 2022|
|Result Announcement||September 2022|
Ayurveda Course Offered
Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College is offering one undergraduate course that is a Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. Our country has always made efforts for rural development. One of the ways a country can develop its rural condition is by maintaining strong healthcare that is accessible to all the citizens of the nation. To achieve this, our country has been developing the Ayurvedic sector in the country which includes both promoting and implementing Ayurvedic Studies.
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine
BAMS is a full-time program that lasts for 4.5 years + 1 year of rotatory internships. The course involves yoga and surgery, herbal therapy, and a nutritious lifestyle. You will learn how to identify and treat people with a variety of modern supplements of medical education.
Objectives of BAMS
- The Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) program’s objective is to give candidates thorough teaching in all aspects of Ayurveda.
- To familiarise the learner with the fundamental Ayurvedic concepts and methods for comprehending the body, its processes, maintenance, and welfare.
- Recognize the significance of Ayurvedic principles in societal health problems.
- Be able to identify and treat acute and chronic illnesses based on clinical examination and appropriately identified and carried out investigations.
- To quickly examine the patient and integrate the available clinical and scientific information to establish the whole range of illnesses, at which point they will be capable of providing effective Ayurvedic treatment for all illnesses.
- To provide the students with knowledge of various illnesses and to show the concepts of managing these illnesses in light of modern medical procedures.
- Should be able to analyze relevant research literature critically and use it to impact Ayurvedic therapy.
- By self-studying, you may guarantee ongoing proficiency and the most recent developments in the subject.
- Simply being able to identify and address the social, ecological, anatomical, and psychological factors that influence health in a certain situation while creating curative, therapeutic, and preventive strategies.
- To provide instruction in the principles and methods of contemporary medicine and surgery to improve the management of life-threatening illnesses and prepare students for postgraduate study.
Faculty at Sharada
Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir has got professional faculty members to give its students the best possible education in the field of Ayurveda.
|Dr Chandrashekhar Kuppi||Principal/Professor and HOD||Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpna|
|Dr Rahul Kulkarni||Professor and HOD||Kayachikitsa|
|Dr Rajshekhar Chandakavate||Professor and HOD||Agada Tantra and Vyavahara Ayurveda|
|Dr Gireeshakumar Bagali||Professor and HOD||Kriya Sahreera|
|Dr B. Alivelu Manga||Associate Professor||Kayachikitsa|
|Dr. Mahantagouda Biradar||Associate Professor and HOD||Panchakarma|
|Dr. Shambuling Managuli||Associate Professor and HOD||Rachana Shareera|
|Dr Manasa Naik||Associate Professor and HOD||Shalakya Tantra|
|Dr Bhandewar Anupama||Associate Professor and HOD||Ayurveda Samhita and Siddhanta|
|Dr Pandappa Biradar||Associate Professor and HOD||Raga Nidana|
|Dr Preeti Thakur||Associate Professor||Prasooti Tantra and Stree Roga|
|Dr M V V Durga Prasad||Associate Professor and HOD||Dravyaguna|
|Dr Manjula Ranagatti||Associate Professor and HOD||Koumaryabhrutya|
|Dr Madhuri||Associate Professor and HOD||Prasooti Tantra and Stree Roga|
|Dr Ravindra Reddy||Associate Professor||Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpna|
|Dr Mahesh Raju||Associate Professor||Swasthavritta and Yoga|
|Dr T. Mahesh Raju||Associate Professor||Dravyaguna|
|Dr Dasari Lakshmi Kiranmai||Associate Professor||Roga Nidana|
|Dr Veeresh Bandegol||Associate Professor||Shalya Tantra|
|Dr J. Sai Pramod||Associate Professor||Koumaryabhrutya|
|Dr Sampada Natti||Associate Professor||Kayachikitsa|
|Dr Kirankumari||Associate Professor||Panchakarma|
|Dr Sheeba Rani||Associate Professor||Kriya Shareera|
|Dr Mallesh||Associate Professor||Shalakya Tantra|
|Dr Lalitha||Associate Professor||Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana|
|Dr Reshma Tikotikar||Associate Professor||Prasooti Tantra and Stree Roga|
|Dr Chandrakala||Associate Professor||Kayachikitsa|
|Dr Shivananda Patil||Associate Professor||Shalya tantra|
|Mr Mahesh Prabhakar Hegde||Associate Professor||Ayurveda Samhita and Siddhanta|
|Dr Madan Kumar S D||Associate Professor||Swasthavritta and Yoga|
|Dr Vijeth Kumar L A||Associate Professor||Swasthavritta and Yoga|
|Dr Soumya Kanasogi||Associate Professor||Yoga Teacher|
|Dr Santosh Kumar A||Associate Professor||Ayurveda Samhita and Siddhanta|
|Dr Swetha Rani||Associate Professor||Panchakarma|
|Dr Shivakumari||Associate Professor||Kriya Shareera|
|Dr Shruti||Associate Professor||Rachana Shareera|
|Dr Amruthagowri||Associate Professor||Shalya Tantra|
|Mr Chandrayya Gouda||Associate Professor||Biostatistician|
The college has many departments on its campus for students to get academic help for their education.
- Rasashastra And Bhaishajya Kalpana.
- Prasooti Tantra And Stree Roga.
- Kriya Shareera.
- Agada Tantra.
- Shalya Tantra.
- Ayurveda Samhita And Siddhanta.
- Vikruti Vignana.
- Rachana Shareera.
- Sanskrit Teacher.
- Yoga Teacher.
- Roganidana And Vikruti Vignana.
- Shalakya Tantra.
Program Fees Structure
The detailed fee structure of the course offered by Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir is
|Course Name||Fees (per year)||Duration|
|BAMS||–||5 ½ years|
Payment options: There are multiple ways to pay your fees for your course. You can pay cash or cheque or by demand draft at the college itself. You can also pay online via NEFT Transfer, or through UPI.
Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir does not provide direct scholarships. But, since the college is recognized by the Government of Karnataka, candidates willing to study in this college are eligible to apply for government scholarships.
Eligibility for Government of Karnataka Scholarships:
- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen and a Permanent Resident of Karnataka.
- The candidate should be listed in Backward Classes specified by the Central/State Government.
- The University should either be Government, Local Body, Aided Institution or Recognized by the Government of Karnataka.
- Students accommodated in government hostels or residential colleges are not eligible.
- Candidates will not be eligible for the same course twice.
- For male candidates, 2 male candidates for the same family can apply for scholarships. No restrictions for female candidates.
- Apply online in SSP Software.
- Apply with required documents by uploading a software copy and submitting the hard copy to the concerned university.
- The Principal and Inspection Officer will review for eligibility and contact you online.
- You need to submit the documents to the concerned Taluk Backward Classes Welfare Officers.
- The Taluk Officer will verify the documents.
- Selected candidates will be granted scholarships and the amount will be deposited directly into the student’s bank account.
Educational Loans: Getting into a medical career requires expensive fees to be paid which can be a problem for many students who want to pursue a career in it. But luckily, banks have come to the rescue for such students. You can easily apply for educational loans in any of the banks and they will help you out with the process.
Placements & Careers
Ayurveda is one of the oldest medical systems in the world. Ayurvedic drugs help one’s body to heal itself naturally. This method of the medical system is effective for healing and avoiding illness. Ayurvedic therapy includes several components like reducing symptoms, purging impurities, boosting patient’s life harmony, and improving illness resistance. As this treatment is spreading worldwide, the scope for BAMS graduates is high and there are many opportunities out there for you to expand and build your career in this field.
The work experience a student has before being hired is one of the most looked-for qualities in a CV. Considering that every organization wants its staff to at the very least have a fundamental understanding of how a job is performed. Because of this, every college encourages its students to apply for internships and gain practical experience in the field they intend to pursue as a career.
A medical student must complete an internship before looking for jobs because this field has a significant impact on a person’s life. Therefore, the student should receive sufficient training while working in the real world.
Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir provides a one-year internship for its students in their final year of the BAMS course. After the internship, the student is eligible to take up a job in this field or if he desires, he can even pursue higher education.
Higher Studies after BAMS
- MBA in Health Care Management.
- MBA in Medicinal Marketing.
- PD in Panchakarma.
- PD in Emergency Medicine.
- Masters in Public Health.
- Masters of Surgery in Prasutintra and Shalakya Tantra.
- MSc in Anatomy or Physiology or Microbiology.
- MSc in Bio-Technology or Bio-Informatics.
Diploma Courses for BAMS Graduates
- Diploma in Ayurvedic Pharmacy.
- Diploma in Ayurveda Nursing and Pharmacy.
- Diploma in Panchakarma.
- Diploma in Herbal Manufacturing.
Job Roles for BAMS Graduates
- General Practice.
- Clinical Practice.
- Associate Professor or Assistant Professor.
- Research Specialist.
- Management Administration.
- Health Supervisor.
- Healthcare Administration.
- Drug Manufacturing.
- Ayurveda Consultation.
Rankings and Recognitions
Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir has been serving our society for a long time now and they have made their place by achieving academic excellence in their education. The college is proudly affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and received recognition from both the National Commission of Indian System of Medicine, New Delhi & Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir has an infrastructure of national standards. They have always aimed to excel at NCISM expectations with the provision of an encouraging and energetic environment.
The college has a library with an accommodation of 100 students and a total of 10000+ books. The library is assisted with computer systems and Wifi connections. The collection of books is divided into
|Book Details||No. of Books|
|Modern Medicine & Related Books||2500|
Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir has a hospital built for training students and also treating people from their sufferings. The main aim of the hospital is to provide patient care via Ayurvedic treatment and medicine and the institute is right on the path with its outstanding activities. The hospital has 60 beds including many units and facilities.
- Admin Block
- Superintendent Room.
- Deputy Superintendent Room.
- Medical Officers Room.
- Matron Room.
- Assistant Matron Room.
- Reception & Registration Room.
- Opd Block
- Kayachikitsa OPD.
- Shalya OPD.
- Shalakya OPD.
- Stree Roga Evam Prasuti Tantra OPD.
- Swastharakshan & Yoga OPD.
- Atyatik Section.
- Dressing & First-Aid Room, Ksharsutra Room.
- Waiting space for patients.
- Male & Female Toilet for Patients.
- IPD Block
- Kayachikitsa Male Ward.
- Kayachikitsa Female Ward.
- Panchakarma Male Ward.
- Panchakarma Female Ward.
- Shalya Male Ward.
- Shalya Female Ward.
- Shalakya Tantra Ward.
- Prasooti Evum Stri Roga Ward.
- Kaumar Bhritya Ward.
- Doctors Duty Room.
- Nursing Staff Duty Room.
- Store Room for Linen.
- Opd Block
- Operation Theatre Block
- Major Operation Theatre.
- Minor Operation Theatre.
- Shalakya Operation Theatre.
- Labour Room.
- Neonatal Care Room.
- Central Autoclave Unit.
- Scrub Room.
- Two Recovery Room.
- Doctors Duty Room.
- Interns Room.
- Nursing Staff Room.
- Panchakarma Theatre Block
- Snehana Kaksha (Male).
- Snehana Kaksha (Female).
- Swedana Kaksha (Male).
- Swedana Kaksha (Female).
- Shirodhara Kaksha (Male).
- Shirodhara Kaksha (Female).
- Vamana Kaksha (Male).
- Vamana Kaksha (Female).
- Virechana Kaksha (Male).
- Virechana Kaksha (Female).
- Basti Kaksha (Male).
- Basti Kaksha (Female).
- Rakta Mokshana, Jalaukavacharana, Agnikarma, Pracchanna.
- Panchakarma Therapist.
- Panchakarma Store Room.
The college has a laboratory for students to gain knowledge on Ayurvedic Medicines and also to provide an appropriate dosage of medicines to patients. The laboratory is vast and consists of various sections like Pathology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, and other tools for ECG.
College Contact Details
Address: Dastrabad, Karnataka 585321.
- Email Id: email@example.com.
- Contact No: 09886277977.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When was Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir established?
It was established in the year 2014.
2. Is Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir affiliated and approved?
Yes, the college is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Karnataka and approved by the Central Council of Indian Medicine & Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi.
3. Does Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir provide internships?
Yes, the college offers internships in the final year of the course.
4. Is Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir a government college?
No, the college is private.
5. Does Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir provide hostel facilities?
Yes, the college has separate hostels for both boys and girls.
6. Where is Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir located?
It is located in Dastrabad, Karnataka 585321.
7. What course does Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir offer?
It offers an undergraduate course of B.A.M.S.
8. What is the duration of B.A.M.S?
The duration of the course is 5 ½ years.
9. What facilities does Sharada Ayurvedic Medical College Yadgir provide to its students?
The college provides facilities like a laboratory, a herbal garden, a pharmacy, clinics, a hospital, and dedicated faculty.
You can also check out my detailed post on another Ayurveda college. All you need to do is click and follow the link below:
It would be kind of you to write a review on this college and its courses below in the comment section if you have experienced studying in this college. It will be a great help to our fellow medical aspirants.