Hey! Are you a bio-science graduate who is unable to decide what should be done next? If Ayurveda is something that interests you, there is a huge scope in that field which may be very beneficial for your career. We will help you figure out which is the best college you can get into to create a beautiful future in Ayurveda. Keep reading this article about Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical College Belgaum till the end and we are sure that you will be able to decide whether it is suitable for you or not.
Table of Contents
- College Overview
- Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical Admissions
- Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical Courses
- Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical Fees
- Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical Placements
- Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
|Name||Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical College, Belgaum|
|Address||Dr Gangadhar Nagar, Gokak, Belgaum Distr., Karnataka|
|Principal||Prof. (Dr.) Jayanta Kumar Sarma|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Approved by||Central Council of Indian Medicine, New Delhi, and Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full-time|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
This institution was founded in 1996–1997 through the unwavering efforts of Shri A.B. Patil, a former minister and MLA, the Board of Directors, and the chief executive officer. It is regarded as one of Karnataka’s premier private colleges for Ayurveda.
- According to CCIM standards, the institution has all well-equipped departments, complete with labs, equipment, models, and charts for instructing students.
- For PG Courses, all supplemental facilities are available.
- to update the knowledge of students and teachers, the college hosts guest lectures and CMEs.
- To keep their teaching techniques up to date, college faculty members are sent to several State, National, and International Seminars, Workshops, etc. across the nation.
- It is possible to access a 150-bed Ayurvedic hospital with all kinds of amenities and a focus on Panchakarma and Ksharasootra therapy.
- Frequently held medical clinics are held in surrounding communities, where patients in need can receive free medical tests and free medical treatments.
- To actively lead the way in educating students about the best ancient Ayurvedic values.
- To satisfy the needs of the nation in the production of medicine and the management of diseases through Ayurveda.
- To deliver sophisticated, contemporary, scientifically proven education through new research.
- To provide students with a top-notch, conventional education in Ayurveda through a staff of passionate, knowledgeable instructors.
- To provide high-quality ayurvedic care through qualified and experienced medical professionals.
Why Choose Shri JG Ayurvedic College?
The institution is equipped with top-notch facilities, excellent infrastructure, and dedicated faculty that follow NCISM standards. In the ayurvedic medical programme, science, education, and technology coexist in a dynamic environment. It stimulates an atmosphere for cutting-edge learning and investigation in the area of ayurvedic treatment of various ailments.
The institute functions with the fundamental objective of providing pupils with a high-quality education. Everything needed for conducting research is provided, including facilities. For students to compete in the contemporary developing world, the institute offers top-notch educational resources. The Analytical Laboratory, Institution Research Review Committee, Medical Research Center, Publication and Documentation Cell, and others have been formed to meet the needs of scholars in terms of research.
Ayurveda education is being provided by the institution at the graduate and post-graduate level through well-established departments and knowledgeable professors. The professors and P.G. Scholars are encouraged to embark on clinical studies and research initiatives in their respective fields to contribute to chronicling and revalidating the ancient knowledge of healing.
- Cultural Events
The institute is committed to teaching cultural values to its students. They organize cultural events in which all students are encouraged to take part. These activities emphasise the value of respecting and protecting cultural values. These are scheduled throughout the school year, and it is through them that the pupils are taught the significance of many facets of culture.
Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical Admissions
B.A.M.S. (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery)
- Duration: 5 years 6 months (4 1/2 years + 1-year Internship).
- Intake: 100.
Eligibility Criteria for BAMS
The following criteria must be met to be admitted to a bachelor’s programme in Ayurveda: –
- The candidate must have passed the 10+2 or its equivalent examination from any recognised Board in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with a minimum of 50% in the case of the general category.
- In the case of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes, the candidate must have passed the 10+2 or its equivalent examination from any recognised Board in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with a minimum of 40%.
- The minimum qualifying marks in said examinations for candidates with disabilities shall be 45% for general category candidates and 40% for candidates from Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes.
- No candidate shall be admitted to the B.A.M.S. Degree Program unless they have attained the age of seventeen or older on or before December 31, of the year of admission in the first year of the Program, and have not attained the age of twenty-five (25) years as of December 31, of the same Year of Admission in the First Year of the Program.
- The upper age limit may be relaxed by five years for members of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes.
- A candidate must have a minimum of 50th percentile marks in the NEET for the undergraduate programme administered for the relevant academic year to be considered for admission to the programme for that academic year.
- Candidates from Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes must earn at least the 40th percentile marks in the NEET exam.
- The minimum marks in the NEET exam, required for candidates with certain disabilities is the 45th percentile for general category candidates and the 40th percentile for candidates from Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes.
Documents Required for BAMS
- SSLC or 10th (Both Certificate and Marks Card).
- HSC Marks Card, PUC, or 10+2. (Both the certificate and the marks card).
- A NTA-issued NEET rank certificate.
- Certificates for OBC, SC, ST, Category I, 2A, and 3B members (if applicable).
- A certificate of physical fitness.
- A certificate of good conduct and character from your previous college.
- Certificate of leaving or transfer from the institution you last attended.
- Migration certificate (Not applicable to Karnataka students).
- RGUHS eligibility certificate (Not applicable to Karnataka students studied in Karnataka Preuniversity Board).
- Income statement (If applicable).
- Admission to undergraduate medical programmes at private medical colleges is governed by the government of India/State/Union Territory regulations.
- The National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET), which will be administered by a body chosen by the National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM), would serve as the standardized admission test for all medical institutions at the undergraduate level.
- Based on the results of the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test, a common merit list for all of India as well as a state-by-state merit list of eligible candidates will be prepared, and only those candidates from the respective category will be considered for admission to under-graduate programmes.
- The eligibility requirements, self-declaration, various documents, etc., of the eligible candidates, will be verified during counselling per the standards established by the relevant authorities and/or Medical / Dental Colleges.
- Candidates will only receive their All India Rank from NTA, whereas Admitting Authorities will issue invitations for applications for counselling, and the Admitting Authorities will create a merit list based on the All India Rank.
- The only consideration for admission to undergraduate medical programmes within each category will be the All India Rank according to the NEET(UG)-2022 merit list.
MD/ MS (Ayurveda)
- Duration: 3 years.
- Intake: 25.
MS/ MD Specialties & Intake
|M.S in Prasooti Tantra & Stree Roga||5|
|M.S in Shalya Tantra||5|
|M.D in Kayachikitsa||5|
|M.D in Roganidhana||5|
|M.D in Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana||5|
Eligibility for MD/ MS (Ayurveda)
A B.A.M.S. degree from an institution recognised by the Central Council of Indian Medicine is required.
Documents Required for PG
- B.A.M.S. Degree certificate.
- B.A.M.S. grade reports (all years).
- NEET Admit & Score Card.
- State Ayurveda Practitioner Registration Board certificate.
- Certification of internship completion.
- Birth certificate.
- Photos (passport-size).
Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical Courses
BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery)
The B.A.M.S. programme lasts 5 years and 6 months. The programme is broken into two sections.
- A four-year and six-month main course.
This section is further divided into 4 phases. The first three phases last one year, while the final phase lasts one year and six months.
|I Prof. BAMS||1-year|
|II Prof. BAMS||1-year|
|III Prof. BAMS||1-year|
|IV Prof. BAMS||1-year 6 months|
- A one-year clinical course/internship
The curriculum aims to produce scholars with a strong grounding in Ayurveda, scientific knowledge in line with ayurvedic fundamentals, and extensive practical training. These scholars should be capable and effective academicians, research fellows, doctors, and surgeons who are fully qualified to serve in the nation’s medical and health services.
|1st Professional||12 months||
|2nd Professional||12 months||
|3rd Professional||12 months||
|4th Professional||12 months||
|Subjects Taught||No. of Papers||Total Marks|
MD/ MS (Ayurveda)
The postgraduate courses are intended to provide an orientation of Ayurvedic specialities, producing experts and specialists who can be proficient and effective teachers, doctors, surgeons, ophthalmologists, ENT specialists, pharmaceutical experts, researchers, and profound scholars in a variety of fields of Ayurvedic specialisation.
- To take care of people by dealing with and providing solutions to their problems independently.
- To take part in the instruction and training of interns or undergraduate students on the essential topics.
- To perform independently and work as an expert.
- Administrative and Investigative skills.
Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical Fees
The Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical College Belgaum fee structure is as follows:
There are many scholarships available at the institute; some are provided by the government, while others are provided by private corporate entities. Below are a few examples of scholarship schemes that may help you:
- Students whose parent’s income ranges from 2 Lakh to 4 Lakh qualify for these scholarships.
- The Ministry of Social Justice offers the SC Scholarship, while the Ministry of Tribal Affairs offers the ST Scholarship.
- These Scholarship programmes aim to aid students in pursuing their education at various levels.
- These Scholarships are available for both pre-matriculated and post-matriculated studies.
- These scholarships are intended to motivate academically deserving students to continue their studies.
- It serves as a motivational tool for individuals to achieve their goals and also serves as a reward for them.
- One example of this category of scholarship is the merit cum mean scholarship.
- Applicants will qualify for this type of scholarship if their parent’s yearly gross income is at least Rs. 2,50,000.
Scholarships to the dependents of service personnel
- This category of scholarships includes the PMSS (Prime Minister’s Scholarship Schemes) which is being used to support postgraduate and technical education for the wards and widows of deceased/ex-service members of the armed forces.
- The programme is funded through the National Defense Fund, which is overseen by the Prime Minister’s Office.
- Scholarships are offered for study at a variety of technical colleges, including those in the engineering, dental, medical, veterinary, MBA, and other technical fields.
Your education is very crucial for your good future. If you are unable to afford it, a study loan may enable you to finish your degree. In India, study loan interest rates are often lower and occasionally fairly cheap, especially from public sector banks. In contrast to most loans, which must be repaid right away, study loans have flexible repayment terms that make it simpler for borrowers to handle loan repayment once they land a job.
Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical Placements
You will gain a practical understanding of all you have learned in earlier years during the internship that follows the fourth professional of BAMS. Your interpersonal, analytical, and soft skills will grow as a result of the internship, furthering the development of your sense of civic responsibility.
- Jiva Ayurveda.
- Yukti Herbs.
- Metropolis Healthcare.
- Biocon Biologics Limited.
Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical Rankings
The Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical College Belgaum possesses a talented, committed, and professional team, led by the principal. They have a distinguished academic record and have teaching and professional experience due to which the institution has gained a very good reputation in the country.
- The institute is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore, Karnataka, and is approved by the National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM), New Delhi, as well as the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Dr Sachin N Patil (M.D (Ay ), PhD) earned the “Akkalkot Bhusan” award in 2017, “Vaidya Ratna by 5th Konkan Gaurav Puraskar in the year 2016, “Gomanta Goa National Award” given by the hand of Hon’ble Sri Shripad Naik Ji in the year 2015.
- Dr N.H.Kulkarni (M.D (Ay ), PhD) was given the “Swarnadhreesha” title and award on March 15, 2020, by Shri Guru Shreesha Vitthala Seva Pratishthana, (Karnataka), for services in rural Karnataka State’s Ayurvedic Education, Social Services, and Medical Services.
- Miss. Vishruta Shetty received an award from the university for Distinction in the 3rd year BAMS examination held during Feb/March-2021.
- Miss. Amruta Adhikrao Patil received an award from the university for Distinction in the 4th (Final) year BAMS examination held during Feb/March-2021.
Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical Facilities
The college has a state-of-the-art lab that is fully furnished with contemporary tools as per CCIM standards and it is useful for conducting the tests and experiments needed to complete the course. Under the supervision of a lab technician, the laboratory is accessible to students during college hours.
Additionally, the lab can be made available to the general public so they can accurately diagnose their issues for a minimal fee. They have provided a wide range of contemporary facilities, including X-ray, ECG, USG, EEG, sonography, ultrasound scanning, blood tests, and more.
On the college campus, there are separate dorm facilities for boys and girls. In the male dormitory, there are 37 rooms, while the female dormitory has 22 rooms. 116 male students and 78 female students are housed in these rooms. Every room has a bathroom, a study table with seats, a cot, bookshelves, a fan, and a wardrobe.
Each hostel has a clean kitchen where delicious food is prepared and served with the utmost care. 110 students can easily be accommodated in a well-designed dining hall. Vegetarian meals are offered at the hostel. The hostel warden keeps an eye on productivity and quality.
- Audio-Visual Room
The institution features an audiovisual room that can be used for interdepartmental seminars, guest lectures, etc. Projectors and computers are available at the college. Interactive whiteboards are available in all UG and PG classrooms for modern education.
- Pharmacy/ Dispensary:
The pharmacy at Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical College Belgaum provides a wide range of medications in line with ayurvedic practices. They have a good selection of authentic and branded ayurvedic medications. They provide the necessary drugs for the patients who are staying and also for the students & staff. They also prepare medicines there.
The library has always been regarded as the institute’s brain and heart. A wealth of knowledge is available in the form of well-organized books, journals, magazines, manuals, theses, and periodicals at the library. The college contains more than 10,000 books in its library, along with numerous other types of journals.
There are books about Ayurveda and the Western school of medicine. Students can evaluate the Helinet of RGUHS by using the digital library and computer services available in the library. The library has a reading space with good ventilation and lighting. Any outside force or sound will not annoy the students. Because of this, knowledge-hungry students have access to privacy, which improves focus.
The institute features a large auditorium that seats 250 people. The auditorium is frequently utilised for seminars and guest talks hosted by students and staff. Every year, athletic and cultural activities are held here, allowing students to demonstrate their talents.
- Lecture Halls/Classrooms:
The classroom is the most essential thing in every college, a good spacious classroom enables better teaching and learning. The institute offers scientifically designed lecture rooms amid nature to successfully enable calm, peaceful, and focus-centred theory classes.
All sports, extracurricular activities, and a student’s non-academic growth are fully supported by the college. There is a sizable outdoor playground on the college campus where students can play sports including cricket, volleyball, football, basketball, and throwball, with others.
The college has a bus service that runs around the city and nearby areas and is available to both students and staff. Fire extinguishers and a first-aid kit are included on one bus owned by the college. You can travel safely and conveniently by choosing college bus transportation.
- Herbal Garden
Having a collection of more than 400 different types of herbs, shrubs, and rare medicinal plants, the herbal garden is located on the college campus on a 3-acre area with a drip irrigation facility as well. In addition to therapeutic plants, the Garden also has a Green House and a Demonstration Room.
College Contact Details
Address: Dr Gangadhar Nagar, Gokak, Belgaum Dist., Karnataka 591306.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: 9916094186.
During the time of boards and the admission examinations, every student has a period of intense worry and confusion. We are aware of this, which is why we offer services designed especially for students looking to select the best college for their interests. To save you the effort, we will make the admissions process simpler for you. Give us a call right away if you want to smoothly transition into the next phase of your life.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What courses do they offer at the institute?
They offer BAMS degree courses for undergraduates and MD/MS courses for postgraduates.
2. How many seats do they offer in the BDS programme?
They offer 100 seats in the BDS programme.
3. Do they have competent faculty?
Due to their high training and qualifications, the institute's faculty members offer their pupils excellent guidance and instruction.
4. Do they offer a transport facility?
Yes, they offer a transport facility.
5. Is there a test I must pass before I can enrol in the institute's B.A.M.S programme?
Yes, to enrol in the institute's B.A.M.S course, you must pass the NEET exam.
6. Is Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical College Belgaum a private institute?
No, it is a private institute.
7. Do they provide transportation services?
They do provide a transportation service.
8. Are there incentives for extracurricular activities?
Yes, they support students participating in extracurricular activities such as athletics, competitions, and discussions.
Follow the link below to checkout my detailed post on another Ayurveda college:
A Small Ask:
It is imperative to provide youngsters with genuine reviews about the college for them to build their professional careers on a strong foundation. We care and are dedicated to building a platform that caters to all their needs regarding providing authentic information. You can help us in this process by heading over to the comments section. Add a personalised review if you have been associated with Shri JG Ayurvedic Medical College Belgaum in any capacity. We thoroughly appreciate your help!