Hello! Today the popularity of Ayurveda has increased worldwide, and we all know how it has changed many lives. If you are a bio-science high school graduate who aspires to build a fruitful career in the field of Ayurveda, you are in the right place because we will be assisting you through the process of getting into your desired college. Today we will look into Sindagi Shantaveereshwar Ayurvedic Medical College Haveri (SSAMC). Hopefully, it will help you decide whether this college is where you would like to continue your further education.
Table of Contents
- SS Ayurvedic College Overview
- Admissions to SS Ayurvedic College
- Ayurveda Course Offered
- Ayurveda Departments
- Program Fee Structure
- Career and Placements
- Rankings & Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
SS Ayurvedic College Overview
In 1992, Sindagi Shantaveereshwar Ayurvedic Medical College Haveri was founded with the approval of the late His Holiness Dr Tontadar Siddhalinga Mahaswamiji, Dambal Gadag, to further the Indian system of Ayurvedic medicine.
The Institute strives to produce graduates who have a thorough understanding of Ayurveda and Yoga as well as a wealth of practical experience, preparing them to contribute to the medical, health, and family welfare fields and earn a living with integrity and honesty.
|Sindagi Shantaveereshwar Ayurvedic Medical College, Haveri
|Shantaveer Nagar, Ijari Lakamapur, P.B. Road, Haveri – 581110, Karnataka – (INDIA)
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore
|Central Council of Indian Medicine, permitted by Govt. of India – Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Department of AYUSH, New Dehli
|Boys and Girls
- To deliver the most essential traditional Ayurvedic concepts to students.
- To deliver current, advanced, scientifically sound instruction through new research.
Mission: To provide students with a good, conventional education in Ayurveda through a group of motivated, educated professors.
Why choose SS Ayurvedic College?
Sindagi Shantaveereshwar Ayurvedic Medical College Haveri can be the right choice for you for several reasons stated as follows:
The first eye-catching factor about this college is the green and clean campus. Once you are going to enter the campus you will feel fresh, pollution-free air that is going to calm your mind and enable you to feel a positive aura. The campus has all the facilities that students may require throughout the duration they spend in the college.
Outstanding Academic Support.
Each student requires proper support while building their career in the field of Ayurveda. The staff and administration are highly supportive when it comes to supporting their students academically. Many extra classes are conducted throughout the year to build a strong academic foundation for the students. They also provide remedial classes to students who have educational backlogs.
Encouragement of Sports.
The institute believes in building the all-around personality of students by encouraging them to pursue their favourite sports. They conduct athletic gatherings frequently throughout the year, the purpose is to promote teamwork and leadership skills, and competitive and sportsmanship spirit within students. The academics include different extra-curricular activities that engage all the students in various interests.
The faculty of the institute takes care of the development of each student by providing them guidance, feedback and support from time to time. Most of the professors possess high qualifications and experience, they also encourage clinical research from the beginning of the course and this helps students in developing research skills that are required for their professions.
Sindagi Shantaveereshwar Ayurvedic Medical College Haveri has built an outstanding reputation because of the excellent research facilities it provides. All the research-required tools are provided to the students and professors. These are updated timely depending upon the advancement in the field of Ayurveda. Students carry out research under the guidance of the professors, this helps the students to get advice in every step of their research.
Admissions to SS Ayurvedic College
|BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery)
|5 years 6 months (4 1/2 years + 1-year Internship)
For entry into an Ayurvedic bachelor’s programme, the following requirements must be satisfied.
- The applicant must have received at least a 50% grade in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in their PUC 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognised Board in order to be considered for the general category.
- The candidate must have received at least a 40% passing grade in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the 10+2 or its equivalent exam from any recognised Board if they belong to one of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, or Other Backward Classes.
- Any applicant must be seventeen years of age or older on or before December 31 to be admitted to the BAMS. Degree Program.
- To be eligible for admission to the programme for that academic year, an applicant must have at least 50th percentile scores on the NEET for the undergraduate degree offered during the applicable academic year.
- The minimum NEET test score required for candidates from Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes is the 40th percentile.
- The minimum NEET test score needed for applicants with specific impairments is the 40th percentile for candidates from Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Other Backward Classes and the 45th percentile for candidates in the general category.
- PUC/10+2/HSC mark card.
- SSLC or 10th class marks Card.
- Rank certificate for NEET.
- OBC, SC, ST, and category certificates.
- Character certificate.
- Transfer from the institution you most recently attended.
- Migration certificate (Not applicable to Karnataka students).
- The rules of the Indian government, each state, and the Union Territory control admission to undergraduate medical programmes in private medical colleges.
- The National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET), which will be given by a body selected by the National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM), will serve as the standard entrance test for all medical schools at the undergraduate level.
- Only those applicants from each category will be considered for admission to undergraduate programmes who qualify for the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test. A single merit list for all of India as well as a state-by-state merit list of eligible students will also be created.
- The eligibility requirements, self-declaration, different papers, etc., of the qualified applicants, will be checked during counselling in line with the norms established by the pertinent authorities of Medical Colleges.
- Candidates will only get their All India Rank from NTA, whilst Admitting Authorities will send out invitations for applications for counselling and will compile a merit list based on the All India Rank.
- The All India Rank according to the NEET(UG)-2022 merit list shall be the only factor taken into account for admission to undergraduate medical programmes within each category.
Ayurveda Course Offered
BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery)
The duration of the BAMS. programme is 5 years and 6 months.
The programme seeks to develop graduates with a solid foundation in Ayurveda, scientific knowledge consistent with ayurvedic principles, and broad practical experience. These scholars ought to be skilled and efficient academics, research associates, medical professionals, and surgeons who meet all requirements to work in the country’s medical and health services.
Over the span of 4.5 years, the students study various facets of the field and gain scientific and practical knowledge. In their last year, they get to apply their knowledge and intern at institutions that let them practice everything they’ve learned.
|1st Academic Session
|2nd Academic Session
|3rd Academic Session
|Rasa-Shastra Evam Bhaishajya Kalpana
Program Fee Structure
The Sindagi Shantaveereshwar Ayurvedic Medical College Haveri fee structure is demonstrated by the table below:
The goal of an education loan is to assist in paying for educational expenses. If students desire to pursue their educational objectives, they can apply for a loan. Aspirants receive financial assistance through a loan, which keeps them away from money problems allowing them to achieve their objectives.
An education loan is a suggested answer if you are struggling financially and feel overwhelmed by the magnitude of your problems. Due to the low-interest rates and moratorium period associated with education loan programmes, you won’t have to worry about making EMI payments until that time has passed.
You may opt for this if you have a great merit record. The college provides information about this as you begin to enrol for the course. You may feel free to contact me via email or call if you require proper assistance and information regarding Sindagi Shantaveereshwar Ayurvedic Medical College Haveri scholarships.
Career and Placements
Sindagi Shantaveereshwar Ayurvedic Medical College Haveri placement cell gives its pupils the chance to receive training and improve their skills. Additionally, they inform students of any campus placement options as well as other employment possibilities that would be advantageous for them.
The internship that begins after the fourth professional in BAMS will help you put all you’ve learnt so far into practice. The internship will improve your soft skills, communication abilities, analytical abilities, and interpersonal relationships, which will help you feel more civically responsible.
Relevant Job Profiles
Here are some career options the BAMS graduate may undertake after the successful completion of the course:
With all the knowledge and training that you gain throughout your BAMS course, you will acquire an understanding of the profession which will enable you to practice efficiently. One of the main career options after BAMS is being an Ayurvedic physician. Most of the people who pursue this degree end up choosing this career path.
- Medical officer.
Performing screening and diagnostic procedures to identify health concerns calming patients who are worried or upset. restoring patients’ health by the administration or recommendation of therapies including massage, mindfulness, and ayurvedic medicines are the roles that are carried by medical officers, so if it interests you, you may go for it.
There are many vacancies at Ayurvedic colleges throughout India. One may pursue a career as a lecturer if he/ she loves to teach and train. These job vacancies are updated on college websites, so to apply for this role it is essential to keep on checking college websites from time to time.
If you are interested in pharmacy and have gained a good knowledge of ayurvedic medicines, you may choose this option. For this, you will be required to undergo further education in Pharma courses. Nowadays this field has huge scope since Ayurveda is flourishing across the world.
- Patanjali Ayurveda.
- Mama Earth.
- Nature Essence.
Rankings & Recognitions
- Sindagi Shantaveereshwar Ayurvedic Medical College Haveri has bright, devoted, and experienced staff working under the direction of great administration.
- The college has developed a highly positive image around the nation as a result of its impressive academic records and teaching credentials.
- The institute is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore, Karnataka.
- The Karnataka government has also given the institute approval, and it is recognised by the Central Council of Indian Medicine.
- It is also authorised by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Department of AYUSH, which is located in New Delhi.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
Sindagi Shantaveereshwar Ayurvedic Medical College Haveri makes your college life easier by providing you with advanced facilities that will help you conduct your education hassle-free and distraction-free. Here is a list of facilities that the college provided its students:
The institution features an advanced lab that is fully equipped with modern instruments beneficial for carrying out the exams and experiments required to pass the course. The facility is freely accessible to students throughout college hours under the expert guidance of a lab assistant. In addition, the lab may be made open to the public so that they can correctly identify their problems for a little charge.
There are distinct male and female dorm buildings for students who are from different cities. Every room features a bathroom, a closet, a bed, a bookcase, a fan, and a study table with chairs. Both the hostels have a hygienic kitchen where scrumptious meals are carefully made and served. A dining hall that accommodates all students is attached to the hostel. They provide vegetarian food there. The warden takes care of the students living in the hostel.
Garden with Herbs
The herbal garden is a collection of many kinds of herbs, shrubs, and rare medicinal plants that are situated on the college campus at a location. Students are taught about the usage of medicinal plants for Ayurvedic treatments, and they are assigned duties of taking care of the garden and looking after the plants to make them understand the importance of plants in Ayurveda. The Garden contains demonstration spaces in addition to medicinal plants, as well as a greenhouse.
The institution has traditionally supported sports as a crucial component of the curriculum. This area of the college is where all of the extracurricular events, sporting competitions, and non-academic growth programmes are conducted. The campus of the institution has a huge outdoor playground where students may engage in a variety of sports.
The bus service of the college travels across the city and the surrounding areas to pick up and drop off students and staff making conveyance easier for them. On the buses owned by the institution, you will find safety precautions and a first aid kit as well. By selecting bus transportation, you may travel comfortably and safely.
The library has a vast collection of carefully arranged books, theses, and publications. The library houses a large number of old books as well as a wide range of other journals. The digital library and computer resources offered in the library can be used by students during college hours. The reading area is quite cosy and quiet due to which the students are unaffected by noise. Privacy helps students to focus on research and learning at the library.
College Contact Details
Address: Shantaveer Nagar, Ijari Lakamapur, P.B. Road, Haveri – 581110 Karnataka.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
- Tel: 08375-232487.
- Mobile: 9449815470 – 9632068371.
Every student has a period of acute anxiety and bewilderment around the time of the boards and the entrance exams. We are aware of this, which is why we provide services tailored specifically for students trying to pick the ideal institution for their interests. We will simplify the admissions procedure to save you time and effort. If you want to move into the next stage of your life without any trouble, give us a call right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I enrol at the institute?
You can enrol at the institute by following the admission procedure stated above.
2. Is it a government institute?
No, it is a private institute,
3. Do they provide good transportation facilities?
Yes, they provide good transport facilities.
4. What course do they offer?
They offer a BAMS course.
5. Who is eligible to pursue BAMS?
All those who have completed their high school with Biology, English, Chemistry and Physics as their subjects during 10+2 are eligible for this course.
6. Do they provide advanced research facilities?
Yes, they provide advanced research facilities.
7. Where is the campus located?
The campus is located at Shantaveer Nagar, Ijari Lakamapur, P.B. Road, Haveri - 581110 Karnataka.
8. Do they encourage students’ participation in sports?
Yes, they encourage students’ participation in sports.
If you have an eye for Ayurveda and want to check out another Ayurveda college, you can click and follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Genuine Request:
To assist students to develop a solid basis for their professional careers, it is essential to provide them with honest appraisals of the college. We genuinely care about them and are committed to developing a platform that meets all of their informational demands. By visiting the comments area, you can assist us in this process. If you have any past connections to the College, feel free to provide a personalised evaluation. Your assistance is much appreciated.