Hello people! I welcome you to my dental school blogs. It makes me very happy to know that you enjoy my blogs and share them with your network of family and friends. I understand; Decide now which pathway and which university is right for you. We have a team of professional consultants to support you at every step of the admissions process. Now let me tell you a bit more about SJM Dental College Chitradurga.
SJM Dental College and Hospital, Chitradurga is one of SJM Vidyapeetha’s premier institutes. It was founded in 1986 to deliver professional health science education to the doorsteps of interested students in central Karnataka, in particular, and across the country in general. Dr Shivamurthy Murugha Sharanaru is the current Pope of the Sri Murugha Math and the President of the SJM Vidyapeetha.
Table of Contents
- SJM Dental College Chitradurga Overview
- SJM Dental College Chitradurga Admissions
- SJM Dental College Chitradurga Courses
- SJM Dental College Chitradurga Departments
- SJM Dental College Chitradurga Fee Structure
- SJM Dental College Chitradurga Ranking
- SJM Dental College Chitradurga Placements
- Facilities Offered
- SJM Dental College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
SJM Dental College Chitradurga Overview
|Name||SJM Dental College Chitradurga|
|Address||S.J.M Dental College and Hospital, P.B Road Chitradurga 577501, Karnataka|
|Founder President||Dr. Shivamurthy Murugha Sharanaru|
|Principal||Dr. R. Gowramma|
|Affiliated To||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Approved By||Government of India|
|Recognized By||Dental Council of India, New Delhi|
|Courses Offered||Bachelor’s of Dental Surgery (BDS)|
|Hostel||Available for both boys and girls|
SJM Vidyapeetha is a descendent of Sri Murugha Math, Chitradurga, who was noted for his social service efforts based on socioeconomic and cultural traditions espoused by Sharanas in the 12th century AD. It now includes over 100 institutions ranging from kindergarten to postgraduate. It covers medical, dental, pharmaceutical, nursing, general, and other education establishments ranging from schools to colleges.
- Establish a global excellence infrastructure.
- Plan programs and exercises that will help students become professionally competent, physically healthy, and psychologically strong.
- Prepare instructors to educate pupils to care about their personal growth.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills in dentistry students to help them become self-sufficient.
- Foster academic and professional excellence in the dental care business to meet global demands in the face of technological advancement.
- Create human resources for dental care that are moral, ethical, and socially responsible.
Why Choose SJM Dental College Chitradurga?
- The school immediately takes attempts to meet the national higher education goals of fairness, access, and excellence. The college is working hard to make future dentists technically proficient, socially acceptable, physically healthy, and emotionally strong.
- The goals of this college are to expose students to professional and ethical concerns in dentistry, to acquire the philosophy and techniques of preventive dentistry and epidemiology, and to assess the quality of dental care.
- Improve the communication, interviewing, and patient management abilities. Understand the management and administration of the dental practice and give clinical and oral health promotion experiences to students in public-based settings.
- The teaching, as well as office staff, is very friendly and cooperative with students.
- All the facilities are offered in the institute and also many cultural activities are organized for students.
SJM Dental College Chitradurga Admissions
- Candidates must have completed the two-year Pre-University examination or 10+2 years of education with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as optional courses and English as a language subject, with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology combined.
- This proportion will be 40% instead of 50% for candidates who are SC/ST or fall into category 1.
- In the case of admission based on a competitive entrance test, in addition to the aforementioned, the candidate must have made the merit list by achieving not less than 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology combined in the competitive examination. In the event of SC/ST or category 1, the aggregate is 40% rather than 50% as mentioned above.
- The National Board of Examinations’ NEET test will be used to determine admission to the program. The candidate should come to the SJMDCH office with the admission allocation letter from the counselling Authority (KEA) and the original papers listed below:
- Rank Card of NEET.
- Marksheet of Class 10th and 12th.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Date of Birth Certificate (If the Date of Birth is not mentioned in the 10th score card).
- Certificate of Migration (Not applicable for P.U.C Board students).
- ST/SCs documents and income certificate (if applicable).
- Physical Fitness Certificate with Identification Mark.
- Photocopy of Parents/Guardian’s PAN card.
- 4 passport-size photos and 2 stamp-size photographs.
- Passport Size photo of Father and Mother (one each).
For NRI Students
- Copies of passport of candidate and parents.
- Employment certificate of parents.
- Sponsorship letter from parents.
- At the time of admission, the candidate must be at least 17 years old.
SJM Dental College Chitradurga Courses
|Courses Offered||Duration||Seats Available||Fee Structure|
|Bachelor’s of Dental Surgery||5 years which includes 1 year of internship||60||Information regarding SJM Dental College Chitradurga BDS fees is not available. To know more, get in touch with us and get authentic information about the course fees|
SJM Dental College and Hospital is a college that is associated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Bangalore. The college curriculum is a four-year BDS degree with an obligatory work-study year. The Dental Council of India has accredited both the college and the curriculum. The annual intake of DCI-approved students accepted to the university is 60.
Here is the list of subjects included in the BDS Course
- First Year of BDS Includes
- General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology.
- Dental Materials.
- General Human Physiology and Biochemistry, Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Preclinical Prosthodontics and Crown & bridge.
- Dental Anatomy Embryology and Oral Histology.
- Second Year of BDS Includes
- General Pathology and Microbiology.
- Preclinical Conservative Dentistry.
- General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
- Preclinical Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge.
- Dental Materials.
- Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology.
- Third Year of BDS Includes
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
- General Medicine.
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge.
- General Surgery.
- Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology.
- Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry.
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
- Oral Medicine and Radiology.
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Fourth Year of BDS Includes
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics.
- Public Health Dentistry.
- Oral Medicine and Radiology.
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Paediatrics & Preventive Dentistry.
- Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
- One-year Internship Program
Note: To be eligible to stand for the university test, each student must attend at least 75% of all lessons conducted in theoretical, practical, and clinical concurrently from the start of the term to the final working day, as informed by the university, in each of the disciplines required.
SJM Dental College Chitradurga Departments
|Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology||
|Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||
|Department of Periodontics||
|Department of Pediatric Dentistry||
|Department of Prosthodontics||
|Department of Orthodontics||
|Department of Conservative and Endodontics||
|Department of Public Health Dentistry||
|Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology||
Level of exposure to medical practices provided by the Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology to undergraduate students:
- Consultation with resident surgeons, or, if necessary, with senior personnel, is available in scientific diagnosis and ortho-maxillofacial diseases. Appropriate investigating methods are recommended.
- We provide chair side investigations like FNAC, electric pulp vitality, critical staining, cytosmear, and so on t aid with diagnosis, as well as other investigations like Incisional biopsy methods.
- The department provides a radiographic examination of the oral and peri-oral systems.
- Medical supervision and follow-up if the afflicted person suffers from oral-maxillofacial diseases.
- Provide therapies such as TENS for critical circumstances.
- Identifying oral symptoms of systemic illnesses and controlling them with important recommendations to the implicated branch.
- Medically impaired patients’ dental care.
- Patients who engage in harmful behaviour are admonished and persuaded to discontinue their addiction in our facility.
- Referral for all types of dental treatment to appropriate departments and assist in treatment planning.
Level of exposure to medical practices provided by the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery to undergraduate students:
- Tooth extraction2222.
- Enamel extraction with impacted awareness.
- Cyst and tumour treatment.
- Treatment for maxillary sinusitis.
- Treatment of face injuries as well as management of facial bone fractures.
- Control of temporomandibular joint illness.
- Or-facial infection management.
- Pre-prosthetic surgical techniques and implantology.
- Diseases of the salivary glands and their treatment.
- Control of cleft lip and palate.
- Oral cancer detection and management.
- Reconstruction of the missing jaw bone.
- Orofacial pain management.
- Control of dentofacial abnormalities in conjunction with orthognathic surgery.
Level of exposure to medical practices provided by the Department of Periodontics to undergraduate students:
- Pre-prosthetic processes such as crown lengthening.
- Scaling and root planning.
- Occlusal treatment such as occlusal adjustment and/or selective grinding Local drug delivery.
- Gingivectomy/ gingivoplasty.
- Periodontal flap surgical procedure and mucogingival surgical procedure.
- Stabilization/ splinting.
- Gingival augmentation processes for recession.
- Esthetic periodontal processes such as gummy smile treatment and gingival depigmentation
Level of exposure to medical practices provided by the Department of Pediatric Dentistry to undergraduate students:
The Department of Pediatric Dentistry is an age-specific speciality that offers comprehensive, preventative, and therapeutic oral health care to newborns, children, adolescents, and people with unique health care requirements. Every kid should see a dentist by the age of one, according to Pediatric Dentistry. Early inspection and preventative treatment will aid in the development of excellent oral habits, which are critical to a child’s general health.
Level of exposure to medical practices provided by the Department of Prosthodontics to undergraduate students:
- A full denture.
- Partially removable denture.
- The partial denture is fixed.
- Comprehensive mouth rehabilitation.
- Implant-supported prosthesis.
- Management of temporomandibular joint problem.
Level of exposure to medical practices provided by the Department of Orthodontics to undergraduate students:
This section provides detachable and fixed orthodontic treatment appliances in a variety of materials such as metal and ceramic brackets. Correction of skeletal malocclusion utilizing orthopaedic and functional appliances for growing kids, as well as surgical alternatives for adult patients. Clear aligners also make aesthetic treatment options for high-profile individuals more accessible.
Level of exposure to medical practices provided by the Department of Conservative and Endodontics to undergraduate students:
- Composite restorations, silver amalgam restorations, cast gold restorations.
- Discoloured teeth bleaching.
- Designing a smile.
- Cosmetic procedures such as midline diastema closure and tooth jewellery (skies).
Level of exposure to medical practices provided by the Department of Public Health Dentistry to undergraduate students:
- Effective Oral Disease Prevention, Oral Health Promotion, and Oral Health Care Delivery Services Promotion.
- Public Education, Health Professionals, Health Care Workers, School Teachers, and Decision-Makers on the Importance of Oral Health to Overall Well-Being, * Expansion of Community Dental Fitness Knowledge Base and Fostering Competency in its Shipping and Practice.
Level of exposure to medical practices provided by the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology to undergraduate students:
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology and Microbiology offers diagnostic services as well as research and training programs on diseases of oral and maxillofacial pathology.
SJM Dental College Chitradurga Fee Structure
As you can see, there is a disaster of information about the SJM Dental College Chitradurga hostel fee and the fee structure of the courses provided, which is where we come in. If you need real-time information delivered to you on a silver platter, don’t hesitate to contact us since you can employ our personalized team to find answers to all of your questions on demand.
|Course Name||Fees/ year|
|Bachelors of Dental Surgery (BDS)||–|
The fee for the Application form and Prospectus is Rs. 2000/- for the candidates if they take the form from the office of the college.
SJM Dental College Chitradurga Ranking
There are various achievements of SJM Dental College Chitradurga:
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health and Sciences, Karnataka continuation of affiliation for conducting BDS Course with an intake of 60 seats.
- Accredited by NAAC with a “B” Grade.
- Crowned with University Ranks from decades.
- Got two gold medals in the year 2019-20.
SJM Dental College Chitradurga Placements
The college includes a mentorship system for students. Aside from the personality development programs, career planning and placement advice activities are carried out. Faculty Development Programs are designed to improve student counselling. Remedial Coaching lessons are held for slow learners, and special preparations are made to encourage exceptional pupils to reach new heights. In this respect, the services of the faculty of the Department of Psychiatry at BMCH are used.
Boys and females have separate hostels. For activities and sports, both indoor and outdoor facilities are available.
Center for Library and Information
Throughout the year, the college library provides reference and information services to students, assisting them in their academic growth. The library receives fresh additions of textbooks and national and international journals regularly. For students and professors, the library provides a computer area with Internet access to HELNET.
Bus service for students from their hostel to college on a scheduled timetable for point-to-point pick-up and drop-off.
The primary store area is responsible for indenting and distributing the essential requirements of each department, as well as maintaining a comprehensive supply of dental goods, both consumable and non-consumable.
SJM Dental College Contact Details
Address: 6CF2+JGF, PB Rd, Chickpet, Chitradurga, Karnataka 577501
- Phone: +91 8194 223068
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How is the campus area of SJM Dental College Chitradurga?
The campus area of the college is very spacious and almost all the facilities are available within the campus of the college.
2. How is the faculty member of SJM Dental College Chitradurga?
The faculty team of the college is well-trained, student-friendly, and very intellectual.
3. What is the fee for the prospectus and application form of the college?
The fee for the Application form and Prospectus is Rs. 2000/-
4. Does SJM Dental College provide a transportation facility?
Yes, SJM Dental College provides a transport facility for the students within the hostel area and Chitradurga city.
5. Is there an anti-ragging cell in the college?
Yes, there is an anti-ragging cell in the college for the safety of students, especially newcomers. The punishment for the students is very strict.
6. Do SJM Dental College has a hostel facility?
Yes, the college has a hostel facility and is separate for boys and girls.
7. Is there free internet access in the SJM Dental College?
Yes, there is free WiFi access in the college and the library provides a computer area with Internet access to HELINET.
8. How is the infrastructure of the SJM Dental College?
The college has excellent infrastructure as it includes a hostel, cafeteria, mess, auditorium, sports ground, and special labs for practice.
You can also go through the links below for detailed posts on other dental colleges in Bangalore:
One Small Ask:
Are you an alumnus or a student pursuing a degree in dentistry from SJM Dental College Chitradurga? If yes. Then, please drop a review about your experiences at the college in the comment box below. This can significantly help the budding dental aspirants in their future education and careers.