Nursing is the art of giving and supporting through the illness. It is also known as the art of giving. Lots of things have changed in the field of nursing. In the current healthcare environment, nurses are the caregivers. It is a selfless profession that has got the power to heal with care and affection. The nurses are trained to look into the patient’s cultural, spiritual and emotional needs.it requires lots of dedication, passion and skill, to become instrumental in the field. Bangalore has the top hospitals and research institutions in the country. Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Nursing College Bangalore offers UG & PG courses in nursing.
Table of Contents
- Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy College Overview
- Nursing Courses Admissions
- Nursing Courses Offered
- Program Fees Structure
- Placements & Career Scope
- Rankings and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy College Overview
Sri Adichuchanagiri Shikshana Trust was founded in the year 1973, with the purpose of offering social services in the education field, along with spiritualism for people around the world. The Trust has undertaken several projects in the field of education, religion and the social services. It also focused on providing basic amenities like food, education and health for lots of people.
|Name||Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy College of Nursing and Hospital|
|Address||1,2nd Cross Road, CHBS 3RD stage, PA Block, Chandra Layout,Attiguppe,Bangalore 560040 Karnataka|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Approved by||Karnataka State Nursing Council and Indian Nursing Council|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy College of Nursing and Hospital was established in the year 2003.The College is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The courses are approved by the Karnataka State Nursing Council and Indian Nursing Council.
The institution aspires to be the model of excellence for innovation in the field of education, research and creative approaches. It is committed to prepare the nurses for the leadership roles as practitioners and educators, who reflect and care for the society so as to improve the health of persons, families and the society.
Over the past 16 years, the college has become one of the best private colleges in Karnataka. Qualified and experienced faculty members provide help and guidance to the students.
Why Choose Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy College?
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy College of Nursing and Hospital is among the best college which offers nursing courses. Some of the reasons for joining nursing in the college are:
- The institution is known for its innovative course structure and creative methods of teaching.
- It has a team of highly qualified, experienced and knowledgeable faculty members who extend their help, support and guidance to the students to build their professional skills.
- It has a well-equipped laboratories with simulators, specimens, models and charts for demonstration to the students.
- The institution prepares the nurses for leadership roles as practitioners and educators, who take care of the individuals, groups and the community.
- The college offers clinical experiences for the students through community services postings in rural and urban areas.
- Research and development form an important part of the academic part of the course curriculum. Students are encouraged to carry out research work and publish research papers.
- The faculties and students are engaged in collaborative research projects.
Nursing Courses Admissions
The admission procedure for the courses offered at Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy College of Nursing and Hospital is as follows:
Step 1: Application form along with the prospectus can be bought from the college.
Step 2: Fill in the application form correctly.
Step 3: The application forms must be send to the below mentioned
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy College of Nursing,
Bangalore 560040 Karnataka
Documents must be sent separately along with a covering letter, a self-addressed envelope and postage stamps affixed on it.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc. Nursing
Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc. Nursing is:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2/12th /PUC/PDC or any other equivalent examination.
- Must have obtained an aggregate score of 45% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology with English language.
- The minimum age at the time of admissions should be 17 years.
- He/she must be physically fit for the course.
Documents Required for B Sc Nursing
Documents required for getting admissions to B.Sc. Nursing are:
- 10th Standard Mark sheet and Passing Certificate.
- 12th Standard Mark sheet and Passing Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- SC/ST/Caste Certificate(if applicable).
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
- Eligibility certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Recent photographs.
Eligibility Criteria for M Sc Nursing
Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc. Nursing is:
- Candidates must have passed B.Sc. Nursing or Post Certificate B.Sc. Nursing Degree from any university or its equivalent examination.
- Must have scored minimum of 55% aggregate in the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Should have at least one year in any hospital or nursing institution or community health centre from the date of registration for the qualifying examination.
Documents Required for M Sc Nursing
Documents required during admissions to M.Sc. Nursing are:
- B.Sc. Nursing/Post Certificate B.Sc. Nursing Degree Certificate.
- Experience Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste Certificate(if applicable).
- Recent photographs.
Important Admission Dates
The tentative dates for the Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test 2022(Karnataka PGCET 2022) which is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) is as follows:
|Starting of the Application Forms||July 2022|
|Closing of Online Registration||July/August 2022|
|Issue of hall ticket||August 2022|
|Karnataka PGCET examination||August 2022|
|Declaration of results||September 2022|
|Counselling Starts||September/October 2022|
- Selection of the students is on merit basis
- Once, you are selected for the program, you need to report to the Principal for getting admission with the prescribed fees and the original documents, within a particular time
- The fees must be paid in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of The Principal,SKCN payable at Bangalore.
Nursing Courses Offered
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy College of Nursing and Hospital offers courses for undergraduate and post graduate levels, B.Sc Nursing (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) and M.Sc Nursing (Master of Science in Nursing).
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B Sc Nursing)
Nursing is a vital part of the healthcare system. It involves promoting health, disease prevention and taking care of people who are physically or mentally ill and disabled people, from different age groups and communities.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing or B Sc Nursing is a 4 year undergraduate course, which helps in developing critical care skills, thinking skills, improving proficiency and values which are required for nursing and midwifery. It helps the students to become professionals by following moral code and ethics at all times while fulfilling their personal and social responsibilities.
The course includes classroom lectures, projects and assignments which help the students gain more knowledge from learning. The students are required to undergo 6 months of internship after the completion of the course. If you want to specialise in a particular field, you can pursue higher studies after the course.
Master of Science in Nursing (M Sc Nursing)
Master of Science in Nursing or M.Sc Nursing is a postgraduate level course for a duration of 2 years. It includes classroom lectures, seminars, practical experience of work, lab work and also on the job training. The students are required to submit thesis in the final year. In the evaluation, performance in the class, assignments and semester examinations are taken into consideration.
The degree helps the students to work as nurses who assist the doctors. Nurses with the M.Sc Degree are involved in decision making and also specialized patient care. The responsibilities increase over a period of time as the experience increases. There is always need for professional nurses who can take care and look after the patients.
M Sc Nursing Specialties
The specialisations offered in M Sc Nursing are:
- Community Health Nursing.
- Medical Surgical Nursing.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing.
- Paediatric Nursing.
- Psychiatric Nursing.
The Principal of Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy College of Nursing and Hospital is Ms. Manjula .Her team of highly qualified and experienced faculty members are:
- Mrs. Nagarathna S. R – Associate Professor.
- Mrs Divya B. C – Associate Professor.
- Mrs. Geetha S .T – Associate Professor.
- Mrs Jyothi M .G – Associate Professor.
- Ms Alby James – Assistant Lecturer.
- Mrs. Sipora Rani Kumar – Lecturer.
- Mrs. Godavari H. C – Lecturer.
- Mrs. Kirthika S – Associate Professor.
- Dr. Madhav Rao – Professor.
- Ms. Ashly James – Assistant Lecturer.
- Ms. Sandhya Rani T.R – Assistant Lecturer.
- Ms. Mili Alex – Assistant Lecturer.
Course Related Activities
The students are given experiences beyond the classroom teaching. B.Sc Nursing and M.Sc Nursing students are taken on administration visits. They are also taken to educational trips according to course requirements. Trips are organised to places like Mysore, Coorg and other places near Bangalore.
The educational trips as per the course includes visits to the following:
- Central Food Training Research Institute, Mysore.
- Sewage Treatment Plant.
- Water Purification Plant.
- Bangalore Diary.
- Spastic Society of Karnataka.
- Rehabilitation Centres.
- National Tuberculosis Institute.
Research forms a vital part of the course curriculum of Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy College of Nursing and Hospital for the post graduate and doctoral students. The college allows the students to work in their preference areas of study. The faculty members help and encourage them to pursue research on the selected topics and also publish research papers.
There is an integrated approach for teaching and research in the college. The faculties share their experiences and provide valuable information on the topics. All the facilities are provided within the departments. The undergraduate students along with the faculties conduct research and make creative projects.
Program Fees Structure
The fees structure for the courses available at Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy College of Nursing and Hospital is:
|B.Sc Nursing||Rs 1,00,000/-||4 years|
|M.Sc Nursing||Rs 1,20,000/-||2 years|
Payment Method Options
The college offers 2 ways of payment of fees:
- Offline Method- Where the fees can be paid using the challan of the bank. Please keep a copy of the challan for future reference.
- Online Method- The fees can be paid by any of the methods such as Net Banking, Visa Card, Master Credit Cards or Debit Cards. If you are paying online, then go to online payment and select the mode of making payment like Debit Card, Credit Card, NEFT or RTGS. Once the payment is made, you will get the receipt of the payment of fees.
The institution supports the meritorious students who possess the right aptitude and caring nature with Nursing Scholarships. It helps the students to get quality education in the field of nursing. Apart from this, Government of Karnataka provides the following scholarships:
- Backward Classes Welfare Department Scholarship.
- Post Matric Nursing Fee Exemption Scholarship.
- Rajiv Gandhi Loan Scholarship Scheme.
- Sanchi Honnamma & Sir C.V. Raman Student Scholarship.
- National Overseas Scholarship.
Education loans for nursing course is the cost effective way to continue further education without harming the current financial position. This has resulted in an increase in the number of financial aid which is available for nursing students at various levels of education.
The college has got tie-up with banks who provide education loans to nursing students at reasonable interest rates. The low cost loans help the students to complete education and fulfil their career goals in the healthcare field
Documents required for an Education Loan
Students who are taking education loans for studying in the country need to submit the following documents:
- Filled Application Form.
- 2 Passport size photographs.
- Graduate, Secondary School Certificate or High School Certificate and Mark sheets.
- KYC Documents which include ID Proof, Age and Address Proof.
- Proof of Signature.
- Proof of Income of Parents or Guardian.
- If collateral is needed, documents of immovable property, FD’s etc.
Placements & Career Scope
The placement cell at Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Nursing College Bangalore helps to develop and train the students so that they are able to work in the healthcare field. The facilitators help in coordinating the process of recruitment process and also arrange for campus visits for the future recruiters.
The institution has got tie-ups with various hospitals and research centres, in and around the city, who come to the campus to interview the students. All the graduate and post graduate students get placements. The alumni of the college are working within the country and abroad.
|Manipal Hospitals||Sparsh Hospital||Cloudnine Hospitals||Columbia Asia Hospitals|
|Agadi Hospital and Research Center||Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospitals||Nu Hospitals||Apollo Hospitals|
|Fortis Hospital||Nano Hospitals||Hosmat Hospitals||Medanta Hospital|
The placement package for the nursing students in the year 2022 is:
|Particulars||Salary Package Per Annum|
|Highest Package||INR 5.5 LPA|
|Average Package||INR 2 LPA|
|Minimum Package||INR 1.8 LPA|
Skills Required for Nursing
Nursing is a noble profession which involves taking care of the sick and the diseased people. Nurses requires some basic skills for pursuing a career in the healthcare field. Some of the skills required for Nursing are:
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Effective management of time.
- Performance and Evaluation Diagnosis.
- Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Managing Patient Records.
- Patient Care Skills.
- Knowledge of chronic illness and preventive strategies.
Nursing Profession is becoming very popular these days. There is tremendous amount of scope in the country and across the world. The nurses get opportunities in hospitals and research centres in European, Australian and Gulf nations.
Some of the job profiles available for nursing students are:
- Nursing Assistant.
- Staff Nurse.
- Nursing Supervisor.
- Home Care Nurse.
- Paediatric Nurse.
- Intensive Care Nurse.
- Critical Care Nurse.
- Nursing in Charge.
- Clinical Supervisor.
- Nurse Educator.
- Nurse Manager.
- School Health Nurse.
- Nursing tutor.
- Assistant Lecturer.
- Clinical Tutor.
Nursing Internships offer nursing students and recent nursing graduates clinical experiences by shadowing the nurses. This professional hands on experience gives them hands on experience with patients along with support from clinicians.
The internships are for a period of 10 to 12 weeks or even longer for a year. These internships are full time positions. Internships require the applicants to meet the eligibility criteria like enrolment in accredited nursing program and also completion of courses. The requirements vary according to the type of internship.
Most interns work inpatient facilities like hospitals and long term facilities. Nursing interns are assigned to a nurse mentor. Nurse mentor is an experienced nurse. Nursing interns observe the registered nurse performing their daily activities. It gives them direct exposure to work and hours of shift, interactions with patients and peers and responsibilities. This provides them insights into joys, challenges and the details of work.
Rankings and Achievements
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Nursing College Bangalore is among the best colleges in Bangalore. The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The courses offered are recognised by Indian Nursing Council and the Karnataka State Nursing Council. It is approved by the Government of Karnataka.
The institution has good ranking as it has excellent infrastructure, world class course curriculum and also qualified faculty members. The students have got placements in the best hospitals and research institutions.
- Received Gold Medal from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science during its 18th Annual Convocation which was held in 2016 at Nimhans Convention Centre Bangalore.
- The college was awarded with the Best Institution Award for promoting awareness about the environment by the Karnataka State Pollution Board and Shristi International.
- The B. Sc Nursing 3rd year students won the overall champions trophy in the Annual Sports Meet held in 2018-2019.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The Group of Institutions has got a vast campus which is located at Attiguppe, in city of Bangalore. The city is known as the technological capital of the country. It is an educational and commercial hub of the State. Here, students from different parts of the country and abroad come to study in the top educational institutions.
The campus provides with the amenities which are essential for the students during their course duration. The facilities offered are:
The boys and girls have separate buildings for the hostels. Each building is divided into rooms, which are allotted to the students. The hostel is clean, comfortable and well maintained with the amenities. Each room is well furnished with study table, beds and cupboards along with an attached bathroom. It has the necessary amenities for the students to stay and study.
The warden is in charge of the safety and security of the students. The other facilities available in the hostel are:
- Purified Drinking water.
- Security round the clock.
- Study room with CCTV facility.
- Free Medical Treatment.
- Outing with warden’s consent.
- Guest house for parents and guardians to stay during the college visit.
The mess provides food for the students who are residing in the hostel. Food is prepared in a clean and hygienic kitchen by the chefs, Different varieties of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes are served. Health and well-being of the students are always kept in mind while deciding the menu.
Library is the knowledge hub of Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Nursing College Bangalore. There are more than 2500 reference books, 20 journals, 50 book volumes and more than 300 thesis and dissertations. It has a reading room where the students and faculties can read quietly.
It has internet and Wi-Fi facility for doing research and completing the assignments. The library has experienced staff who look after the needs of the students. It can accommodate 70 students.
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Nursing College Bangalore has a modernised and well equipped computer lab with the latest software and programs. The digital library is accessible to the students through CINHAL, MEDLINE and Helinet Facilities.
The classrooms have comfortable seating arrangements, airy, spacious and with natural lighting. Each class can accommodate around 60 students. It is well equipped with all modern technology. It has smart class features along with CCTV surveillance facility.
It is significant for the students at Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Nursing College Bangalore to get a hands on experience of the subjects, which they are studying during the course time. The laboratories are the source to provide clinical experiences. This helps them to get in depth knowledge about the subjects before entering the medical field.
Each department has separate and modernized labs. The labs are:
- Fundamentals of Nursing and Medical Surgical Nursing.
- Community Health Nursing.
- Maternity and Child Health Nursing.
- Nutrition Lab.
- Museum for Anatomy.
The institution has its own fleet of buses which take students to and from the hostels to the college. The facility is available for the faculties and the students. The buses are also used during clinical postings, industrial visits and excursions.
Clinical Internships are important to gain practical experience of nursing. The college provides internships in some of the best hospitals in Bangalore. The hospitals are:
- BGS Super Speciality Hospital Bangalore.
- Global Institute of Medical Sciences.
- Kidwai Institute of Oncology, Bangalore.
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health, Bangalore.
- Magadi Road Maternity Referral Hospital, Bangalore.
- Moodalapalya BBMP Referral Hospital, Bangalore.
- Community Health Centre, Bidadi.
Community Health Services
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Nursing College Bangalore provides the experience of the community health through postings in and around the rural and urban areas of Bangalore. It is carried out in areas of JJR Nagar and Bidadi.
Sports and Recreation
Sports and extra-curricular activities are part of the course curriculum in the college. It believes that physical and mental well-being are important for overall development of the person. Indoor and outdoor games such as Cricket, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Chess, Carrom and Badminton are played on campus.
The college organizes various inter college and state level championships. The students are encouraged to participate in the tournaments. It helps boost their self-confidence and morale.
College Contact Details
Address:1, 2nd Cross Road CHBS 3rd Stage, KPA Block, Chandra Layout, Attiguppe, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560040.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Phone: 080- 23185229.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy College of Nursing and Hospital is affiliated to which University?
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy College of Nursing and Hospital is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
2. What are the courses offered by the college?
The college offers undergraduate B.Sc Nursing and post graduate M.Sc. Nursing courses.
3. Are the courses recognised?
The courses are recognised by the Karnataka State Nursing Council and the Indian Nursing Council.
4. What is the duration of the B.Sc Nursing Course?
B.Sc Nursing is an undergraduate level program for a duration of 4 years along with 6 months of internship.
5. Where is the college located?
The college is located at 1,2nd Cross Road, CHBS 3RD stage, PA Block, Chandra Layout, Attiguppe, Bangalore 560040 Karnataka.
6. Is hostel accommodation available for students?
Yes, hostel accommodation is available for both boys and girls.
7. Does the college provide placements?
Yes, the college provides placements to all the students.
8. What is the minimum salary package of a Nursing graduate?
The minimum salary package for a Nursing graduate is INR 1.8 LPA.
9. Does the college provide scholarships to the students?
Yes, the college provides scholarships to the students.
10. What are the facilities offered in the college?
The college provides facilities such as hostels, mess, labs, transport, computer lab, laboratories, clinical facilities and also sports and recreation.
Are you looking for another nursing college? If yes. Follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
Just a moment
Our readers and their feedbacks on the posts. help us share information with you. I would like you to write a review about the college. If you have already passed out or pursuing the course here, your views will be of great help to upcoming juniors.