In our continuing series of articles for medical and ayurvedic colleges, we have another blog. I appreciate you reading my posts and responding to them with promising reviews that help deliver better. The comments on these posts encourage me to help you get whatever information you need. I’m aware that you currently need to decide which college and career route are suitable for you. Please get in touch with our exceptional team of counsellors so they can help you with the admissions process and make your journey easier. Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College Malladihalli will be the subject of our next discussion.
Table of Contents
- Raghavendra Ayurveda College Overview
- Admission to Raghavendra College
- Ayurveda Course Offered
- BAMS Fee Structure
- Rankings & Recognitions
- Careers & Job Opportunities
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Raghavendra Ayurveda College Overview
Sri Raghavendra Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital is located in Malladihali, around 40 kilometres from Chitradurga. The tranquillity of the countryside and the surrounding lush greenery offer the ideal backdrop for the college. Road and rail connections to the university are excellent.
Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College Malladihalli is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and is located on 20 acres of land and has well-equipped labs, a dissection hall, a demonstration hall, a herb garden, and a library with a reading room. There are separate dorms for boys and girls at the college. This ayurvedic medical centre is committed to the advancement of excellence in ayurvedic research and education.
|Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College Malladihalli
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
|Central Council of Indian Medicine, AYUSH, New Delhi
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
|Provides Hostel Facilities for both boys and girls
Mission: To make Ayurveda’s para surgical procedures popular by teaching the students the technicalities of this medicinal field.
Vision: To help students and learners of Ayurveda build bright careers and undoubtedly play a role in safeguarding everyone’s health.
Why Choose SRACM?
A student may select Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College Malladihalli for several reasons.
- The anti-ragging committee informs the students about the perverse nature of ragging and its inherent degrading effect.
- To stop ragging from happening and happening again, the entire team maintains a constant watch and vigil over it.
- The team responds to reported instances of ragging quickly and strictly.
- The College Governing Council, Institutional Ethical Committee, and College Disciplinary Committee are the three key organizations that make up the anti-ragging cell.
Organize various Seminars and Panel Discussions.
- The college hosts many national seminars and roundtable talks for students so they can learn about contemporary Ayurvedic practices.
- A panel discussion and seminar’s main goals are to have a group of professionals and thought leaders talking so that the students can absorb what they have to say.
- Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College Malladihalli organizes various extra activities on different occasions for creating an enjoyable learning environment.
- The institution sponsors several events, including the celebration of Yoga Day, meditation instruction, a public education campaign against communicable diseases in the Malladihalli Phanchyath, and visits to PHCs for second and third-year students.
Faculty Team and Departments.
- The institution’s 14 departments are well-equipped.
- The institution features a motivated and committed team of faculty members with an outstanding academic record, experience in teaching, and leadership from the principal.
Admission to Raghavendra College
The college solely provides the BAMS graduation course, and the admission procedure depends on Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College Malladihalli.
|Name of the Course
|41/2 Years Course + 1 Year Internship (Houseman Ship) = 5 ½ Years
- RGUHS Bangalore will start registering new students according to the schedule they decide.
- Students can access the admission application on the college’s official website.
- Within the deadline for application submission, applications must be submitted to the Principal of Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital, Malladihalli, in the prescribed form and be complete in all respects.
- Applications that are incomplete risk being rejected. The application must be accompanied by original copies of all relevant mark sheets and other credentials.
- Once the fees are paid, they will not be reimbursed or applied to other accounts.
Eligibility for BAMS
The Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) in Bangalore requires applicants for admission to the first professional BAMS course to have passed the state board’s 10+2 examination or any other exam deemed equivalent thereto with English as one of the optional subjects and a minimum of 50% marks in the PCB Groups.
- Candidates are eligible for admission to the first professional BAMS program if they have completed a B.Sc degree examination from any university or any other equivalent exam administered by a statutory university or board with science subjects, specifically chemistry, botany, and zoology, and have earned at least 50% of the aggregate.
- However, for the students who fall under the SC/ST & category, the minimum percentage of marks required for admission to the first year of the BAMS programme is first relaxed by 10% of marks. This applies exclusively to students from the state of Karnataka.
- No applicant may be admitted unless they are 17 years or older on December 31 of the admissions year.
Documents Required for Admission
The students must carry the following document in their original form along with 4 photocopies of each:
- Detailed Marksheet of SSCC/ HSC/ B Sc.
- Detailed Mark Certificate of PUC II/ HSC/ B Sc.
- Transfer proof from the previous institution attended (LC).
- Certificate of migration (if the pupils are from outside Karnataka).
- Character witness certificate from the most recent institution attended.
- Physical fitness certificate as determined by a licensed medical professional.
- Certificate of scheduled caste and tribe, if applicable.
- Certificate for Group A.B.C.D.E, if applicable.
- 6 photographs- 6 passport size and 6 stamp size.
- If applicable, a certificate of eligibility from RGUHS Bangalore.
- Any further documents or certificates that the principal deems necessary.
- Mandatory NEET eligibility.
- Aadhar card of the student.
- Aadhar card of parents/guardians of the student.
Ayurveda Course Offered
Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College Malladihalli provides a 5-and-a-half-year BAMS degree programme (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery).
About the Course
Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College Malladihalli offers a comprehensive undergraduate program that teaches students the basics of Ayurveda in the first year. As they proceed, students get a deeper understanding of the field and gain more exposure in the form of practicals and laboratory experience.
The final internship programme provides rigorous and hands-on training that equips students with the right tools and knowledge of Ayurvedic sciences. This is how the internship is carried out:
- The first three days of the internship programme will include an orientation workshop where the interns will learn about the intricacies of the programme as well as the laws and regulations. Each intern will receive a workbook. The intern will keep a log of the training-related tasks they completed, organized by date.
- Each intern must temporarily register with the appropriate state board or council before the internship programme may begin to receive a certificate to that effect.
- Every day, interns will put in at least eight hours of labour.
Subjects & Curriculum
1st Professional Year of BAMS.
|Padaratha Vigyan and Ayurveda Itihas
|Maulika Siddhanta Evum Astanga Hridaya
2nd Professional Year of BAMS.
|Agadatantra, Vyavahar, Ayurved Evum Vidhivaydyak
|Rasashastra Evam Bhaishajyakalpana
3rd Professional Year of BAMS.
pathology and its sub-divisions.
|Prasuti Tanta Evum Stree Roga
4th Professional Year of BAMS.
|Research Methodology and Medical Statistics
BAMS Fee Structure
|Name of the Course
|BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine & Surgery)
Rankings & Recognitions
- The college is affiliated with RGUHS, Bangalore, Karnataka with the order of the Government of Karnataka and as per section 45 of RGUHS act 1994.
- Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College Malladihalli is recognised by the Central Council of Indian Medicine, New Delhi, and the Ministry of Ayush, New Delhi.
- The case studies and various herbal knowledge of faculty are regularly published in a journal called IJAPC which is published by Greentree Group of Publishers.
Careers & Job Opportunities
After completing their BAMS Course, students have a lot of work opportunities, according to student testimonies and reviews posted on the college’s official website. Every student has a positive placement experience on campus. Here are some of the academic and occupational opportunities that students can take advantage of after earning their BAMS degree.
Courses After BAMS
- MD/ MS (Ayurveda).
The three-year PG programme MS/MD in Ayurveda focuses on the study of surgical procedures and diseases that can be treated using Ayurveda. Candidates who hold an MD in Ayurveda make an excellent living.
The MBA in Hospital Healthcare Management programme seeks to develop students’ knowledge of all the challenges that healthcare systems encounter. It offers a wide range of career choices, including employment in the healthcare IT, hospital administration, and insurance sectors.
A two-year postgraduate multidisciplinary programme called the Master of Public Health is given for studies in fields connected to public health. Instead of emphasising teaching and research, the course is intended to concentrate on public health services.
- M Sc in Nutrition.
A programme called the MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics teaches students the principles of nutrition and dietetics as well as the impact of food on the human body.
- Clinical Practitioner.
Ayurvedic Samhitas must be thoroughly studied before beginning Ayurvedic training. Additionally, the student should be well-versed in contemporary medical science and the interpretation of contemporary diagnostic procedures. Gaining real-world experience is also necessary to become a good practitioner. Before opening his practice, a student should ideally spend at least one to two years working with veteran practitioners.
- Drug Manufacturer.
The manufacture of Ayurvedic medications is a thriving industry in the manufacturing sector. In addition to the actual manufacturing, there is a strong demand for other connected operations including cultivating medicinal plants and trading raw materials in the form of powder, extracts, oils, etc. Ayurvedic food and cosmetic goods have an equally large market as do medications.
Medical transcription, medical tourism, event management, medical journalism, medical photography, and documentation are other careers with bright futures. BAMS alums have the option of pursuing an LLB and working as legal medical consultants.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College Malladihalli provides a wide range of amenities to help students have a better learning environment.
- The College has a well-equipped laboratory with cutting-edge tools following CCIM standards, useful for conducting experiments as necessary for the BAMS course.
- During college hours, the lab is accessible to students under the supervision of a lab technician.
- The public may also use the laboratory to accurately diagnose their issues for a minimal fee. We have facilities for blood tests, ECG, USG, and X-rays.
- The institution offers a room that can be used for guest lectures, interdepartmental seminars, and other events. Projectors and computers are offered.
- Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College Malladihalli provides a wide range of drugs in line with ayurvedic therapies.
- The pharmacy store of the college’s hospital has a good selection of branded and authentic ayurvedic medications.
- The necessary medications will be available to the patients who are staying in the hospital. Additionally, the medical staff prepares medications as per patient needs.
- Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College Malladihalli boasts a sizable auditorium.
- The staff and students also hold seminars and invite outside speakers to speak in the auditorium.
- Here, students get the chance to display their talents at sporting and cultural events that are held every year.
Classrooms and Conference Rooms.
- For holding lectures without disruption, the lecture halls are appropriately ventilated and furnished as per CCIM standards.
- The classrooms offer the most conducive environment for lively and concentrated discussions.
- The classroom is the most crucial location for information transfer in any school or college.
- The college successfully conducts theory lessons in serene, peaceful, and nature-adjacent classrooms that have been carefully planned.
- The majority of classrooms have projectors.
- On the campus, there are separate housing options for men and women, as well as rooms with linked bathrooms, individual tables, chairs, cots, and cupboards.
- The students also have access to private, uninterrupted study spaces. Power and water supplies are never stopped, and the hostel has its generator.
- Both the hostel campus and the rooms are kept spotless.
- Security is offered in the dorm and on campus, as well as safety features for the students.
- All of the students at the institute have access to mess facilities.
- It runs continuously and provides all of the hostel’s guests with delectable meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- 250 different kinds of herbs, shrubs, and unusual plants are collected in the 4850 square meters of herbal garden, which is located on the college campus and includes drip irrigation.
- The dissection room is large and well-ventilated, and it has enough cadavers for students to learn about human anatomy.
- All of the museums, including Anatomy and Dravyaguna, are outfitted with the necessary tools, diagrams, models, specimens, and preserved objects as per CCIM standards.
- Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College Malladihalli operates 2 buses on its own to transport students.
Every student has a particularly stressful and preoccupied period during the board and entrance exams. Our team is aware of this, which is why we provide services that are aimed at helping students choose the schools and universities that will best suit their interests. Allow us to make the admissions process simple for you, frequently without making you sweat! So get in touch with us if you wish to seamlessly transition into the next stage of your life. You can get in touch with the college administration as well.
College Contact Details
Address: Anathasevashrama Trust, Raghavendra Ayurveda Medical College & Hospital, Malladihalli – 577531, Holalkere (TQ) Chitradurga (DT)
- Telefax: 08191-289555.
- Contact Number: 08191- 289777.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What program does Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College in Malladihalli offers?
The college offers a B.A.M.S. degree programme that lasts five and a half years (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery).
2. Are there hotels at Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College?
The college does offer separate residences for boys and girls
3. What is the BAMS Course's intake capacity at SRACM?
The college's authorised intake capacity is 50.
4. Is there a transportation service offered by Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College?
Yes, the college has two buses that aid in transportation.
5. Is SRACM's infrastructure equipped with sufficient facilities?
The college has well-stocked labs, a dissecting room, a demonstration room, a herb garden, and a library with a reading room. The college has separate dorms for boys and girls.
6. How is the faculty team at the College?
The faculty team members have a distinguished academic background, are dedicated, and have teaching and practical expertise.
7. Is the NEET exam necessary to enrol in Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College?
Yes, the college requires a NEET-eligible certificate and supporting documentation for admission.
8. Does the college offer its students internships?
Yes, after completing the 4-and-a-half-year BAMS Course, the college offers internships to its students.
If you are trying to find a piece of worthwhile information on other dental colleges, you can follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
To the Audience: A Genuine and honest Request
Each of you must have encountered information regarding organisations that seemed out of place when completing an application for a prestigious dentistry college degree, we posit. You must acknowledge how difficult and unpleasant an experience is. As a result, we sincerely invite you, if you are a student at the institution, to go through our comments section and offer a candid evaluation of the Sri Raghavendra Ayurveda College Malladihalli. We’re confident that it will appeal to all applicants!