Hi! Greetings and thank you for visiting the blog. Are you experiencing stress because you are unable to make any decisions about your future? If you’re highly keen on pursuing a career in dentistry, we can help you every step of the way. This blog post about Sri Ramakrishna Dental College Coimbatore will give you clear details about the facilities and the application process, and we’re confident that you’ll be able to learn and decide what you should do to make up a decision for your future.
Table of Contents
- Sri Ramakrishna Dental College Overview
- SR Dental College Admissions
- Courses and Departments
- SR Dental College Fees Structure
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Rankings & Recognitions
- Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Sri Ramakrishna Dental College Overview
|Name||Sri Ramakrishna Dental College & Hospital|
|Address||Sri Ramakrishna Dental College and Hospital, Nava India, Avarampalayam|
|Principal||Dr L. Deepanandan|
|Affiliated to||Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical health University, Chennai|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full-time|
|Programme Offered||Bachelor of Dental Surgery, Master of Dental Surgery|
|Hostel||Girls and Boy|
Established in 2000, the institute is an offshoot of the SNR Sons Charitable Trust. It has carried a goal of being the greatest dental institution in terms of education, infrastructure, and treatment options for students and patients. This is quite a well-known Top Private BDS School in India.
- To become a world-class institution, Sri Ramakrishna Dental College Coimbatore (SR Dental College) has a quality policy and has adopted the Quality system ISO 90012015.
- The institution takes pleasure in not only providing education but also in instilling discipline and ethical practice in the minds of its students.
- The students go through a regularised fundamental curriculum that serves as their basis, followed by segmented clinical training that exposes them to various situations in which they learn to make decisions and treat patients based on their needs.
- In addition, the institution adapts current innovations in the area of dentistry and exposes teachers and students to them. They believe in working together to achieve the greatest possible results in education, facility provision, and treatment.
- The institute has established a reputation for offering high-quality dental care to the metropolitan and rural populations in and around Coimbatore.
- The institute adheres to the policies established by the relevant legislative and regulating organisations and strives to succeed in the area of dentistry. The administration is committed to working with students and faculty to achieve its vision.
To be the top dental education and service organisation in the world, transferring knowledge, clinical skills, patient care, and social obligations while upholding high ethical standards across the world.
- To create and enhance a learning environment for students that satisfies their knowledge and skill needs so they can apply them and adapt to future needs.
- Imparting high-quality life lessons while providing superior academic, patient-centred healthcare that makes the most use of the facilities allotted.
- To consistently carry out the programme objectives and aims that have been set and advised by the governing/statutory bodies.
- To continuously improve our position as leaders in the areas of health care facilities, infrastructure, research, innovation, and teaching-learning processes.
- To apply moral and charitable principles to all initiatives, and teach young people serving the community about human morality and values.
Why Choose SR Dental College?
By delivering courses and programmes for knowledge updates, skill advancement, and enrichment in a variety of interest areas, they facilitate lifelong learning and continuous professional development for dental professionals. Some features that make the institute stand out are as follows:
- Academic Clinic
Sri Ramakrishna Dental College Coimbatore offers an academic clinic, whereby seeing a few thousand patients a year, the graduates develop their dental abilities. To improve student learning and mould them into better professionals, the Academic clinic is furnished with 260 dental chairs, Digital X-ray machines, and other advanced dental technology.
- Central Lab
Induction casting equipment, a ceramic furnace, a milling machine, a high-speed spindle grinder, and a Bego Surveyor are all present in the central lab. The postgraduate students receive training with metal ceramic and all ceramic restorations, precision attachments, cast partial dentures, maxillofacial prosthetics, and implant-supported restorations so that they can become familiar with the step-by-step laboratory procedures that will help them to achieve perfection in their clinical work.
- Conference Room
The college features a conference room with central air conditioning. 250 people can be seated in the stadium-style seats. The raised dais, podium, digital projector, and audio system are all included in the equipment of the hall. Various committee meetings, as well as scientific and cultural activities, are often conducted at the Hall.
- Lecture Hall
Since its foundation, the institution has consistently endeavoured to uphold the highest academic standards. The college has four lecture halls that are sufficiently spaced apart. 100 students can fit in each lecture hall. The lecture halls include elevated dais and Smart Boards, which enhance the educational experience of the students.
- Information and communication technology (ICT)
Information and Communication Technology is becoming more and more significant in dentistry education. Within the site, the College has a separate ICT division. The ICT resources include learning management systems, library systems, store systems, and patient management systems.
- Seminar Hall
There are 5 conference rooms there, each room has a projector and WiFi. The Seminar Halls offer a relaxing environment for students to concentrate on their academic and research interests. The Undergraduates and Postgraduates frequently use the seminar halls for journal club meetings, case presentations, and seminars.
- E-learning/ Learning Management System
The learning management system used by the institution allows flexible learning and the delivery of education through digital devices. The system further engages and inspires learners, the student may log in and view the lecture formats from any location. The institute has further digitalised learning approaches by integrating them with classroom instruction, managing attendance and conducting online and offline exams.
SR Dental College Admissions
Intake Capacity for BDS & MDS
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
|Duration of the Program||Intake Capacity|
|5 years (including 1-year Internship)||100 Seats|
Note: The National Eligibility-cum-entrance test (NEET) scores would be the only factor considered for all BDS course admissions within the relevant categories.
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
|Duration of the Program||Intake Capacity|
|3 years||13 Seats|
Note: Based on their performance in the NEET test, qualified students will be ranked on an all-Indian and state-specific merit list, and only those individuals who acquire a qualifying percentile will be accepted to the post-graduate program.
Documents for BDS Admissions
- Admit cards and score cards for NEET-UG.
- Class X grade report.
- Class XI grade report.
- The H.S.C. Mark sheet, or a score from another test that is comparable.
- A transfer certificate received upon the completion of H.S.C. or courses of a comparable level.
- For applicants who completed their education entirely in Tamil Nadu, a certificate attesting to their enrollment in grades VI through XII.
- Applicants who attended school from Standard VI through Standard XII entirely or in part outside of Tamil Nadu must also provide a nativity certificate in addition to the supporting paperwork.
- Applicants who completed their education entirely in Tamil Nadu should additionally present supporting documentation of the parent’s certificates.
- Card of permanent community certificate.
- Along with the online application form, a Special Category Form should be submitted with an extra charge of Rs. 100 via the bank payment gateway and any necessary certifications for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Persons, and Ex-Servicemen, as applicable.
- For applicants requesting fee exemptions, an income certificate is required.
- Applicants from other universities or boards must provide an eligibility certificate received from the Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University in Guindy, Chennai (except State Board).
Documents for MDS Admissions
- Admit card of NEET-MDS.
- Scorecard of NEET-MDS.
- A birth certificate or other certificate containing the student’s date of birth
- BDS degree.
- BDS certificates for all years.
- Certificate or report card for 10+2.
- Certificate for the required rotatory internship.
- Dental registration, either temporary or permanent, with the appropriate state dental council.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Migration certificate.
- Current passport-size pictures.
- Father or Guardian’s Most Recent Income Document (Original).
- The student’s Aadhar card.
Courses and Departments
|Undergraduates||Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)|
|Postgraduates||Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)|
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
|The curriculum combines systematic year-by-year instruction with clinical programmes to show how the fundamental sciences, clinical dentistry, and practical or laboratory skills are all integrated.||To impart a solid understanding of numerous key scientific procedures, biological function principles, and the ability to evaluate and analyse a variety of empirically supported facts and data. It is also vital to acquire sufficient knowledge of the scientific ideas of dentistry.|
Three primary components make up the course:
- Anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, and behavioural science are among the topics covered in the first component of the curriculum. These topics lead to general medicine and general surgery after which pharmacology, pathology, and microbiology are covered.
- The second component of the dentistry undergraduate programme comprises education in topics related to dental and oral elements to enable a thorough understanding of the structure and function of the dental and oral tissues. The learner will be able to identify, avoid and treat dental and oral illnesses and problems.
- The student is genuinely prepared to provide complete oral and dental health care for patients of all ages by taking the third component of the course, which covers the clinical and technical elements of dentistry. The emphasis is on preventing various dental disorders and learning how to keep healthy natural teeth.
Skills acquired by Students
- Able to communicate openly, both verbally and non-verbally, with all parties.
- Will be able to assess patients’ objectives, values, and concerns to build rapport and direct patient treatment.
- Will learn to methodically obtain the patient’s medical history.
- Will learn to Conduct a comprehensive clinical examination.
- Will be able to make a preliminary, differential, and conclusive diagnosis.
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
|The MDS programme lasts three academic years for students in the institution, including the time for the exam.
Each student is required to actively participate in educational and training events during the semester at the university or DCI. Each department regularly plans dental education events that involve other organisations. The students are required to participate in these outside-the-institution programmes.
The year-wise BDS courses are curated as per the strictures set by the DCI. these courses are imparted by the following departments. Additionally, these are also the five specialities offered to MDS students.
Skills acquired by students:
- Capacity to function in delicate and unpredictable circumstances.
- Dedication to ethical principles and professional obligations.
- Enthusiasm for fresh information and studies.
- Capabilities for technological research and development.
- Excellent memory and quick thinking.
- Emotional intelligence and interaction.
- Compassion, empathy and approachability.
- Persistence and Endurance.
|Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge & Implantology||Undergraduate and graduate training in dental restoration and tooth replacement is available through the department of prosthodontics. The goal of the department is to prepare its students for careers in research and clinical skills, like prevention and follow-up treatment in prosthodontics.|
|Periodontics||Students in this department receive training through being exposed to fundamental techniques including obtaining a case history, scaling, root planning, and straightforward minor periodontal operations like gingivectomy and gingivoplasty. For undergraduate, graduate and faculty use, the department provides fully furnished electrically controlled chairs and ultrasonic scalers.|
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics||Every postgraduate student will have the opportunity to work with a variety of treatment modalities, including ceramic appliances and self-ligating devices.|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||The department collaborates with doctors from various specialities, such as Neurosurgery, Plastic Surgery, and Surgical Oncology, to handle situations including onco-surgical treatment, facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, trauma patient management, and orthognathic surgery. Six graduate students from the department are stationed at the hospital casualty on call around the clock.|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||Undergraduate and graduate students in the department can enrol in programmes that prepare them for careers in academics, research, and patient management. The postgraduate division is fully equipped with the most recent technology, including digital radiography using RVG and PSP systems, dental operating microscopes, microsurgical instruments, LASERS, instrument retrieval kits etc.|
SR Dental College Fees Structure
Below is the most recent details about the Sri Ramakrishna Dental College Coimbatore fee structure:
|Category||Annual Tuition Fees (INR)|
|SC/SCA/ST (parents’ income higher than Rs 2.5 lakhs)||25,000/-|
|SC/SCA/ST (parents’ income less than Rs 2.5 lakhs)||500/-|
|Scheduled caste converted to Christianity (parents’ income higher than Rs 2.0 lakhs)||25,000/-|
|Scheduled caste converted to Christianity (parents’ income less than Rs 2.0 lakhs)||500/-|
The structure for Sri Ramakrishna Dental College MDS fees is mentioned below:
Note: Fees are subject to change.
Student loans can be your saviour if you don’t want those fee numbers to be on the dear side of your financial landscape. To ensure that you complete the BDS programme without being overwhelmed by the fees, students who wish to study at the institution may apply for student loans from any recognised bank. The loan supports the students financially and doesn’t push you to the edge of financial well-being.
Placements & Career Opportunities
Candidates must complete a one-year obligatory paid internship in any recognised dental organisation after completing the fourth year of the BDS degree.
Benefits of internship
- Interns will be able to apply the principles of the dental sciences, as well as the standards of competence and care, and will develop the behaviour expected of every dentist worldwide.
- Trainee will be able to combine the clinical, basic, behavioural, and social sciences that form the cornerstone of dental practice.
- Students will be able to distinguish between personal and professional limits.
- He/she will be able to respond to and effectively handle patient concerns and questions.
- He/she will be able to do a physical, oral, and dental exam.
Career Opportunities after BDS
- A student with a B.D.S. degree may acquire a job as a clinical researcher, evaluating medical instruments and therapies or investigating the efficacy of drugs.
- Students may acquire positions at government organisations and rural hospitals.
- Students may choose to pursue an MDS degree to obtain a better understanding of any speciality.
- Being a faculty member may be a viable career choice because several major dental institutes in India are seeking qualified dental faculty members.
Career Opportunities after MDS
- Students with MDS programme degrees may work for pharmaceutical corporations as research scientists or clinical researchers.
- They might also act as senior advisors or consultants for oral health care organisations.
- They may acquire positions as teaching staff in colleges.
- They can even obtain work abroad by applying to several dental organisations that have branches in other countries.
|VV Dentistry India Pvt. Ltd||Smile group of Dental Hospitals|
|DreamWeavers Infocom Pvt. Ltd.||Sai Sahas Specialities|
|Aasma oral and Dental clinics||Joel Hospitals|
Rankings & Recognitions
- Sri Ramakrishna Dental College Coimbatore has been awarded ISO 9001:2015 certification.
- They have achieved NAAC accreditation.
- They are working to achieve NABH accreditation for the college and hospital.
The following are the Sri Ramakrishna Dental College reviews for overall facilities:
Sri Ramakrishna Dental College Coimbatore offers separate boys and girls hostels that are well-equipped and well-ventilated. The students are looked after by the in-house warden, assistant warden, supervisor, and helpers.
The dining hall in the hostel mess serves both vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals. There is a separate laundry and washing machine for garments. Indoor and outdoor sports facilities, a recreation area, and fire safety precautions are also available to the inmates.
Sri Ramakrishna Dental College Coimbatore provides students with opportunities for their physical and holistic growth. Every day, the boys and girls refresh themselves on the college’s professional basketball court.
Basketball competitions are organised regularly among the pupils. The institute provides pupils with a range of indoor activities such as chess, carrom, and table tennis. A distinct indoor games area on the college campus highlights the infrastructure supplied for the games.
The college canteen provides excellent, clean, and wholesome authentic home-style vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals to faculty, students, and patients. It includes a well-ventilated and wide eating room that can seat around 50 people. There are several meal options available.
Sri Ramakrishna Dental College Coimbatore Central Library occupies an area of 8943 square feet and a seating capacity of 280 people, as well as an Audio Visual Hall, and it plays a vital role in supporting the academic programmes of the institution.
The central library has 1326 titles and 4696 copies of books, 1059 reference books, and collections of 13 national and 25 international periodicals on various dental specialities. The library also keeps copies of postgraduate students’ theses and library dissertations.
College Contact Details
Address: Bus Stop, SNR College Road,Nava India, Peelamedu, Tamil Nadu 641006.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Phone: 0422 256 0381.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is SRDCH a government institute?
No, SRDCH is a private institute.
2. Do they provide career guidance at the institute?
Yes, they provide career guidance and training through the Placement committee of their institute.
3. How many specialities do they offer in the MDS programme?
They offer 5 specialities in the MDS programmes,
4. What are the specialities they offer in the MDS programme?
They offer the following specialities: Prosthodontics, Periodontics, Orthodontics, oral surgery and Conservative Dentistry.
5. How many students get allotted in the BDS programme?
100 students get allotted in the BDS programme.
6. Where is Sri Ramkrishna Dental College located?
The college is located at Avarampalayam, Coimbatore.
7. Is it compulsory to undergo an internship during BDS at SRDCH?
Yes, it is important to undergo a 1-year internship after completing 4 years of the BDS programme.
8. What are the selection criteria for the BDS programme?
The students will be selected based on their academic merit and the basis of their NEET scores.
Wanna checkout another dental college? Follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
Just a Moment:
If you’ve been an alumnus or a student pursuing a degree in dentistry from Sri Ramakrishna Dental College Coimbatore, please write down a review regarding the education and campus life out there. This can significantly assist the budding dental aspirants in their education and future careers.