As humans, thinking, creativity, and creating are our inherent traits. Do you feel that being creative and expressing your creativity is your thing? Are you perhaps the type to use drawings and artwork to express your ideas and thoughts? Then, arts is perhaps the right stream for you.
How about we focus on designing and creating art as part of ‘Arts’? If that is what you are looking for, you should check out the Srishti Manipal Institute of Arts, Design and Technology Bangalore, which specializes in arts and design. We will learn more about this incredible private institution in India today.
Srishti Manipal Institute of Arts, Design & Technology Overview
Established as a wing of the larger Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) and deemed to be a University in 2020, the Srishti Manipal Institute of Arts, Design, and Technology was born that offers practical and comprehensive courses of undergraduate, postgraduate, and even Ph.D. level. It also has world-class facilities, a huge campus with modern amenities, and experienced staff.
|Srishti Manipal Institute of Arts, Design and Technology
|MAHE Off-Campus Centre, Block-B, SLK1, 40/A, 5th Cross, 4th Phase, KHB Industrial Area, Yelahanka New Town, Bangalore – 560064
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) – Deemed To Be University
|NationalAssessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
The vision of Srishti Manipal Institute of Arts, Design and Technology lies in the fact that it aims to create a better tomorrow for everyone by instilling widespread and pervasive practices in its students to create impact through their creativity.
The mission at the Srishti Manipal Institute of Arts, Design, and Technology is to create competent and capable individuals through its various vocational, design, and research programs and enable them to use their creativity and impact the world meaningfully and substantially.
Why Study at The Srishti Manipal Institute of Arts, Design & Technology?
The Srishti Manipal Institute of Arts, Design, and Technology is one of today’s most prominent and upcoming design and art colleges. Here are a few reasons to consider studying here:
- Focus on practical learning to ensure deeper understanding amongst students.
- Digital and technology-equipped classrooms of global standards.
- Faculty with years of teaching and industry experience.
- A collaborative environment that focuses on working together and develops teamwork.
- A dedicated internship in every course to provide guidance and train one to be industry-ready.
Srishti Manipal Institute of Arts, Design & Technology Bangalore Admission
Srishti Manipal Institute follows a multi-step admission process for its design programs involving online registration, entrance exam, result declaration, and confirmation of course admissions.
Step 1: Online Registration
Visit the official website https://srishtimanipalinstitute.in/ and register by filling the online application form. Complete registration by submitting it.
Step 2: Document Verification
The institute will verify eligibility documents like 10th and 12th marksheets, degree certificates etc uploaded with the form.
Step 3: Download SMEAT Hall Ticket
Eligible candidates will receive hall ticket on their registered email ID and SMS to appear for Srishti Manipal Entrance Aptitude Test.
Step 4: Appear for SMEAT
Qualified applicants have to appear for the design aptitude test SMEAT on the allotted date. It is a mandatory exam for admission.
Step 5: Check SMEAT Result
Candidates can check their entrance exam result and selection status online through the admission portal dashboard.
Step 6: Admission Confirmation
Finally, pay the admission fees and complete document submission formalities after receiving the admission offer letter to confirm your seat.
|Bachelor of Vocation (B.Va)
|Minimum 12th or equivalent from a recognized board
|Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
|Minimum 12th or equivalent from a recognized board
|Post Graduate Diploma Program (PGDP)
|Master in Design (M.Des)
|Master in Fine Arts (MFA)
|Master in Planning (M.Plan)
|Master of Arts (MA)
|Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
|3-Year Doctoral Program (Ph.D.)
|Minimum 60% or equivalent grade in Masters Degree from a recognized University
Srishti Manipal Institute of Arts, Design & Technology Courses Offered
The Srishti Manipal Institute of Arts, Design, and Technology offers design, cinematography, design, and management courses. They have courses on the undergraduate degree level, post-graduate diploma level, and post-graduate doctoral degrees.
The courses vary in their duration by a lot. The Undergraduate courses have 3-year courses as well as 4-year courses. The Post-graduate diploma courses all last for a year and 2 years. The doctoral-level courses consist of two versions. The integrated course lasts 5 years, while the regular doctoral program has a 2 year recommended completion.
The various courses offered by the Srishti Institute of Arts, Design, and Technology are:
3-year Undergraduate Skill-based Courses –
- B.Voc Creative Coding – It focuses on physical coding and design. Its focus is to create Information Technology (IT) enabled sector experts.
- B.Voc Creative Manufacturing – It trains students in business fields such as design, manufacturing, productivity, and entrepreneurship and creates design experts who are well-versed in business.
- B.Voc Digital Film Making – It trains students in various filmography concepts and teaches the various tricks and techniques, and technical know-how to create a film.
- B.Voc Digital Media Production – It teaches students various techniques and concepts of using digital technology to produce animation, games, and visual design.
- B.Voc Graphic Arts & Design Practices – This course enables the development of skills pertaining to print as well as web design, animation, and motion graphics.
- B.Voc Interior Design & Build – It deals with spatial design with a focus on materials, processes, cost, and users. It also is unique in its practical and hands-on approach to instilling concepts within the students.
- B.Voc UI & Interaction Engineering – This program teaches students about User Interface (UI) design and also interaction designs for products and services that enhance the overall user experience.
4-year Undergraduate Professional Courses –
- B.Des Business Services & Systems Design – This program teaches about various business concepts and their applicability in creating designs for various functional systems.
- B.Des Creative & Applied Computation – This is a highly technical course that focuses on using your creativity and applying it using computer technology to provide innovative design solutions.
- B.Des Creative Education – This interdisciplinary course pertains to using creativity and design in the field of learning and education.
- B.Des Human Centred Design – This program teaches students how to use designs and creative solutions to humanity’s problems and try to address them.
- B.Des Industrial Arts & Design Practices – It focuses on creating art and design and production of industrial products and services.
- B.Des Information Arts & Information Design Practices – It teaches students to be adept in creating informative design and art that conveys ideas and creativity.
- B.Des Public Space Design – This program focuses on creating and designing spaces for the public.
- B.Des Visual Communication & Strategic Branding – This program teaches students how to communicate visually through their design and art. They also teach various strategies employed to do branding products and services.
- BFA Digital Media Arts – It focuses on teaching students about the various techniques and concepts of using digital technology in the production of animation, games, and visual design.
- BFA Film – It trains students in various filmography concepts, and teaches various tricks and techniques and technical know-how in how to create a film.
- BFA Creative Writing – This program focuses on how to express your ideas and creativity through your writing.
- BFA Contemporary Art Practice – This is a fine arts program that focuses on contemporary art and increases understanding and depth of knowledge in the field.
1-year Postgraduate Diploma Courses –
- Postgraduate Diploma Program Bridge – It is a 1-year diploma course that offers various subfields from design to history and communication. Upon completion of the diploma, the student will have the opportunity to directly enter into a master’s program for the same at the respective chosen subfield.
- Postgraduate Diploma Program Finish – It is a 1-year diploma that can further a student’s understanding and depth in a field they have picked at the undergraduate level. The choices of programs cover everything from animation, and art to entrepreneurship and sustainable design. Like PGDP Bridge, after completion, students can opt for a master’s program in the same field at the college.
2-year Professional Post-graduate Courses –
- M.Des Design Computation – This is a highly technical course that focuses on using your creativity and applying it using computer technology to provide innovative design solutions.
- M.Des Design-Led Innovation – This program focuses on creating innovative and creative design solutions for the problems of society.
- M.Des Heritage Design – It is a program that covers the various heritage structures in the world and studies their design and architecture in depth.
- M.Des Earth Education & Communication – The program teaches students to connect with nature and the earth and communicate those learnings through their design.
- M.Des Human Centred Design – This program teaches students how to use designs and creative solutions to problems of humanity and try to address them.
- M.Des Industrial Arts & Design Practices – It focuses on creating art and design and production of industrial products and services.
- M.Des Information Arts & Information Design Practices – It teaches students to be adept in creating design and art that is informative and conveys ideas and creativity.
- M.Des Public Space Design – This program focuses on creating and designing spaces for the public.
- MFA Contemporary Art Practice – This is a fine arts program that focuses on contemporary art and increases understanding and depth of knowledge in the field.
- M.Plan Urban Design Sustainability & Conservation – The program focuses on creating a sustainable design for urban space and ensures these designs promote both sustainability as well as conservation of the environment and the surrounding nature.
- MA in Animation – This is a master’s degree in arts and animation. It teaches students of various animation concepts such as shading, sizing, 3D modeling, and more.
- MA in Curatorial Practices – This degree teaches students how to curate and sort designs and how to find the best possible design solution for a given problem.
- MA in Documentary Film – This program not only teaches students comprehensive techniques and concepts of creating a film. It also specializes in the fundamentals of documentary and documentary filmmaking.
- MA in Design Education – This is an interdisciplinary course that pertains to using creativity and design in the field of learning and education.
- MA in Experience Design – This program teaches students about User Interface (UI) design and also interaction designs for products and services that enhance the overall user experience.
- MA in Entrepreneurship for Impact – This program focuses on creating entrepreneurial spirit and teaches various concepts and basics to be an entrepreneur that creates impact and innovative solutions for problems of society.
- MA in Visual Communication – This program focuses on various forms of communication and specifically visual communication and how the student can communicate their thoughts and ideas through their design visually.
- MA in Public History – This program focuses primarily on the history of public affairs and the general affairs of our country throughout the period of time.
- MA in Environment & Society – This program focuses on various types of environments with a focus on the social environment and its purpose and effects on society.
- MA in Technology & Change – This program teaches students about various forms of technology and how they can utilize it to bring about change in society.
- MA in Oral History – This arts program focuses on teaching students about communication and the various forms and methods of communication people use throughout the history of mankind.
- 5-Year (3+2) Integrated Doctoral Program – This is a 5-year program with 3 years of bachelors study and 2 years of masters study in the field of design and animation which upon completion, the student will have a masters level of depth and knowledge about the field of design and animation.
- Ph.D. in Art, Design, and Transdisciplinary Studies – It is a Doctor of Philosophy or Ph.D. course that has a 2-year recommended completion time that ends with you having a doctorate and being considered distinguishingly knowledgeable about art and design.
Srishti Manipal Institute of Arts, Design & Technology Fees
The fee structures for the various courses are:
|B.Des / BFA
|M.Des / MFA / M.Plan
|MA Professional Course
|Postgraduate Diploma Course
|Integrated PG-Doctoral Program
The college has a very specific refund policy that is based on the time that the candidate withdraws his admission from the college. This simple table can understand this:
|Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is submitted to the University
|Refund / Deduction
|On or Before Oct 31st of the current year
|Full Refund / No Deduction
|Nov 1st – Dec 31st of the current year
|Rs. 1,000 Deduction only
|Jan 1st of the next year & beyond
Placements and Scope
The Srishti Manipal Institute of Arts, Design, and Technology offer placements in a unique way. It does not have a traditional dedicated placement cell that focuses solely on training and preparing students for the industry and a career.
Instead, the placements at SMI work differently. Every course mandates a compulsory internship that leads to students absorbing and learning industry norms and practical know-how which further equates to their deep understanding of the course as well as experience as a working professional in the field. This allows the students to network with other industry professionals as well as prospective employers.
Furthermore, at the end of every academic year, a placement seminar is organized known as “The Srishti Collective”, where industry firms and professionals are invited to find prospective talents and employees.
Rankings and Recognition
The Srishti Manipal Institute of Arts, Design, and Technology is ranked 18th in Architecture as per the NIRF Rankings of 2021. It is one of the most sought-after institutes for design and architecture. It’s considered among the top private institutes in india.
A huge aspect of the college is its research and collaborations with other institutions. It has various labs engaged in research and practice, design and development such as Art In Transit, Srishti Labs, CEMA, Art Science BLR, Srishti Films, and many more.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The Srishti Manipal Institute of Arts, Design, and Technology is located in the heart of the silicon valley of India, Bangalore. It is known as the IT hub of India and it is the best place to look for opportunities in the field of design and arts. It is home to thousands of Multinational Companies like Microsoft, Google, Dell, etc. It provides a diverse and rich environment for a student to learn, grow and excel in his field.
The facilities offered by the institute on campus are:
The Library of the college is the heart of the research spirit of the institute. It has well over 4,000 books and materials for students to use and research on an array of topics from architecture, and design to arts and filmmaking. The library also has an e-library section for accessing online versions of the textbooks and materials.
The college has dedicated space for students to film, edit and create movies in the filmmaking studios.
Art Gallery Spaces
The art gallery spaces are dedicated areas for students to create and showcase their art and paintings.
The animation studios provide a fully equipped studio for students to use and create animation with the latest software and hardware at their disposal.
Apparel Making Workshop
The college has a special workshop for designers to design, plan and create apparel, bringing their concepts to life.
The work studios are dedicated places for students to peacefully spend time and do their work, whether it is their studies, personal projects, or otherwise.
State of the art Machinery and Workstations
The college provides world-class machines and workstations for students to use and design and create their dream projects into a reality.
The college has various open areas for students to sit and relax and spend time doing extracurricular activities or playing games. It also has a cafeteria that serves warm and delicious food throughout the day.
- Address – MAHE Off-Campus Centre, Block-B, SLK1, 40/A, 5th Cross, 4th Phase, KHB Industrial Area, Yelahanka New Town, Bangalore – 560064.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the college located?
The college is located at MAHE Off-Campus Centre, Block-B, SLK1, 40/A, 5th Cross, 4th Phase, KHB Industrial Area, Yelahanka New Town, Bangalore – 560064.
2. Does SMI provide placement services?
No. SMI does not provide any placement services.
3. Does the college help with internships?
Yes. The college has a dedicated system to help train and prepare your portfolio and help you find internships in relevant fields, all over India.
4. Which university is the college affiliated to?
The college is affiliated to the Manipal Academy of Higher Education, deemed to be university.
5. How does the college rank?
The college ranks 18th best college for architecture in the entire country as per NIRF Rankings 2021.
6. What is the duration of courses?
The courses extend from 3 to 4 years in case of undergraduate programs, it extends to 1 year for postgraduate diploma programs and 2 years for postgraduate programs. It also has a 5 year integrated course as well as a PhD course with a recommended completion time of 2 years.
A Small Request
It makes us immensely proud and happy that you like our posts and finds them intriguing and helpful. If you are an aspirant, a student currently, or an alumnus of this very college, please leave a review expressing your views and experience. It will be really helpful for the upcoming designers and artists of our time.