Welcome people! Are you worried about your career, are you always thinking about what next, are you in so much dilemma. Here, CareerMudhra presents you with every detail about most of the colleges. Well, let’s talk about nursing. Are you interested in nursing, have you ever given thought to nursing, nursing, and its career opportunities? let me give a brief detail about nursing and a nursing college. I am going to introduce is one of the top colleges in Karnataka of nursing.
They believe that nurses are the heart of the college, well I could like to say something about this nurses are really the heart of the hospital. Nurses are patient, kind, trained professional who focuses on the needs of others, a superhero, and to be trained in one best college could be a win in your career
St MARY’S NURSING COLLEGE Bangalore has given importance to each and every student. Students are trained well as it is associated with such a great hospital patient exposure during your training and internship period will give maximum experience.
Table of Contents
- St Mary’s Nursing College Bangalore Overview
- St Mary’s Nursing College Courses & Eligibility
- St Mary’s Nursing College Bangalore Admissions
- St Mary’s Nursing College Bangalore Facilities
- St Mary’s Nursing College Bangalore Departments
- Career Opportunities
- St Mary’s Nursing College Bangalore Contact Details
St Mary’s Nursing College Bangalore Overview
St MARY’S NURSING COLLEGE Bangalore is located in Bangalore, Karnataka. it was established in the year of 1992. it is a private-aided college. it is affiliated with RGUHS and Karnataka state diploma. St MARY’S Nursing College Bangalore has other courses and a hospital too. Courses like GNM and B.SC are available here and the hospital associated with the institution is BRINDHAVVAN ARION HOSPITAL.
- College Name – St Mary’s Nursing College Bangalore.
- Location – Bangalore.
- Ownership type – Private.
- Affiliated with – Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Established – 1992.
- No of staff – 15.
- Female staff -12.
- Male staff – 3.
St Mary’s Nursing College Courses & Eligibility
B Sc Nursing
- BSc Nursing is a four-year undergraduate course that is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council. BSC is bachelors in nursing, BSC is a 4-year course in which three years are for academic courses and one year internship period. After finishing the BSc in nursing they can opt for MSc in nursing which will improve their prospects in the job market. To join BSC nursing any other entrance exams are not needed except a PUC pass
Eligibility for BSC in Nursing
- passes in HSC/PUC/+2 with 45%.
- The candidates must be a minimum of 17 years old.
- The candidate should have cleared PUC which is a pre-university college in science (PCMB) physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology.
- Candidates should have all the documents required mentioned below.
Subjects to be studied in BSC Nursing
- Maternal nursing.
- Child health nursing.
- Medical and surgical nursing.
- Nursing foundation.
- Nutrition and diet.
- Medical surgery nursing-1.
- Community health nursing.
- Pathology and genetics.
- Communication and educational technology.
- Medical surgery nursing -2.
- Mental health nursing.
- Child health nursing.
The final year of nursing in St. Marry college is an internship in college at a well-built hospital named Brindhavvana Aerion hospital internship period is done in the college itself respected staff will help and teach you for training purposes.
GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery)
- GNM or General Nursing and Midwifery is a three-year and six-month diploma course designed for aspirants who want to pursue a career in clinical nursing. The program teaches candidates how to care for individuals who are sick or have been injured in order to help them attain full recovery.
Eligibility for GNM
- The candidate should pass in PUC/+2 with 40%.
- The candidate should be 17 plus in age.
- The candidate should have passed PUC in PCMB which is physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology.
Subjects to be studied in GNM
- Health education.
- First aid.
- Anatomy and physiology.
- Health education and communication skills.
- Personal hygiene.
- Community health nursing.
- Fundamental of nursing.
- Personal and environmental hygiene.
- Medical surgical nursing.
- Orthopedic nursing.
- Communicable disease.
- Mental health and psychiatric nursing.
- Ophthalmic nursing.
- Computer education.
- Psychiatric nursing.
- Advanced community health nursing.
- Health economics.
- Community health nursing-2.
- Introduction to research.
- Midwifery management.
- Administration and ward management.
- Pediatric nursing.
St Mary’s Nursing College Bangalore Admissions
Students are selected on the basis of marks scored in pre-University College, the maximum number of students admitted is 100 per year.
- Download the application from the official site mentioned below (at the end of the post).
- Fill out the application online with appropriate details.
- Submit the application online and mail the filled application (the mail address is mentioned below the post).
- Wait for the call from the college.
- Verify your documents on the date of appointment.
- Visit the college and administer of college (the address of the college will be mentioned below).
- Fill out the application form.
- Verify the soft copies of your documents.
- Pay the advance and book your seat.
- 10th Marks Card.
- 12th Marks Card.
- 10th passing certificate.
- 12th passing certificate.
- Date of birth certificate.
- 6 latest passport-size photographs.
- 3 stamp size photographs.
- A student certificate from the Head of Institution last attended.
- Transfer Certificate (TC).
- Migration Certificate for students of another state.
- Aadhar card is a must.
- SC/ST certificate if applicable.
- Physical fitness medical certificate.
- Income certificate.
- Caste certificate.
St Mary’s Nursing College Bangalore Facilities
St. Mary’s Nursing College Bangalore aims to train its students as per the industry standard so that they can become successful in the future. The facilities provided by the college are:
- Transportation: The college offers transportation facilities for the students to travel from college to the hospital for clinical training. Buses are available for students and staff.
- Classroom: The college has a tie-up with various hospitals to provide clinical training to the students. Classrooms have projectors and well-organized desks.
- Labs: The college has lab facilities which are well-stocked with all practice their practical skills. Labs have equipment.
- Canteen and mess – the college has a canteen which has a fixed menu and fixed price.
- Library – St MARY COLLEGE OF NURSING has well-collected books, and journals to help with the study, and it has 50 people sitting capacity.
- Hostel – hostel has 60 beds (girls hostel) it has all the facilities with mess, hot water facility, sitting area, beds and cots, and study table.
- Auditorium – the college has an auditorium where special training programs are conducted, it is also used as a praying hall and stage for cultural programs.
- Hospital- Bridhavvana Aerion hospital is associated with St MARY’s NURSING COLLEGE, hospital has nearly 100 beds. it has all specialized departments and facilities for tests. It has a surgery department, cardiovascular, pediatric, orthopaedic, gynaecologist, ENT, and many more departments. interns and students can assist the surgeries under doctors for training purposes.
Bridhavvana is one of the known hospitals in the city with a 3-floor building and hygienic place. doctors appointed here are the best doctors with experience.
St Mary’s Nursing College Bangalore Departments
- Medical nursing surgery.
- Clinical medicine.
- Mental health.
The student who graduates from St. Mary’s Nursing College Bangalore can become
- Registered Nurse.
- Nurse Supervisor.
- Chief Nurse.
- Nurse Educator.
St Mary’s Nursing College Bangalore Contact Details
- Address: St MARY GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS, MANSUR, Bangalore – 560049, Karnataka.
- Contact number – 080-28470060.
- E-Mail – email@example.com.
- Official site – www.stmarynursing.com.
I hope I have given you sufficient info about St Mary’s Nursing College. I personally would suggest you this college as it is one of the best and the fee is less if compared. And about nursing if your giving second thoughts I think you must go for it .nursing is a profession that will never lose its scope and need for example in the covid time nurses were most in need and always stood as front-line workers.
I hope you liked my post, please don’t forget to share your reviews about it. you can always write down your doubts in the comment section below. you can also drop your doubts in the admission enquired section you will find on the official site of St MARY college of nursing. share this post with your friends and family and students of St MARY college of nursing please drop honest reviews about the college in the comment section.
If you think you are still confused about deciding and choosing a better college for your nursing degree, then you can check the below articles I had written:
Show Some Love & Support:
If you are simply a reader, you can write a review on how you liked my post. But, if you are a student or alumni of St Mary’s Nursing College Bangalore, then please put a comment below about your experiences in the reply box, so it can help future prospective students to choose a better college for themselves.
It won’t take much of your time, but it will definitely help us better ourselves.