Choosing the right dental college is an important decision, and knowing where to start can be difficult. There are many factors to consider, such as the admission process, fee structure, and the facilities provided by the colleges. Fortunately, we’re here to help. In this blog post, we will be discussing Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College Nagpur. We will provide you with all the information you need about this college. We will discuss the diverse range of courses in dentistry offered by the college, which is imparted by some of the best faculty in the country.
Table of Contents
- Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College Nagpur Overview
- Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College Nagpur Admission
- Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College Nagpur Courses Offered
- Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College Fee Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Awards and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College Nagpur Overview
Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College is one of the Reputed Dental Colleges in India. A well-recognized college in India, it was established in 2006. It is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Science (MUHS), Nashik.
The college offers a wide range of courses that cater to the needs of students from all over the country. It offers undergraduate as well as post-graduate courses in 8 dental specialties. The college has been accredited by the Dental Council of India and is one of the most sought-after colleges in the country.
|Name||Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College & Hospital|
|Address||Wanadongari – Wadhamna Road, Hingna, Dist Nagpur – 441110|
|Affiliated to||The Maharashtra University of Health Science, Nashik|
|Recognized by||The Dental Council of India|
|Hostel||Available for Boys and Girls|
Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College (SDKS) aims to provide quality dental education and training to its students. They aim to produce competent dental professionals committed to serving the community with dedication, compassion, and excellence. They also strive to create an environment that promotes lifelong learning and research so that the graduates can contribute to advancing knowledge in dentistry.
The SDKS Dental College vision is based on the principles of excellence, equity, and inclusion. They believe everyone has the right to receive high-quality dental care, regardless of their circumstances. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment where all students can thrive and reach their full potential.
The college aims to produce dentists who are skilled in their profession and have a strong sense of social responsibility.
Why Choose Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College?
The college has a team of highly experienced faculties who will teach you everything you need to know about dentistry. The faculty members are passionate about their work, which means that you’ll be able to learn in a challenging and supportive environment.
The college is committed to conducting cutting-edge research that will benefit patients worldwide. They have the facilities and resources to allow you to perform clinical dental research projects. And with the guidance and support of faculty members, you can carry out your research successfully.
They believe in environmental initiatives like Zero Carbon Neutrality and Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
The adoption of schools and villages for comprehensive oral health care is just one example of how we impact the lives of those who need it most. These initiatives will have a significant impact on the dental industry as a whole and, more importantly, on the lives of students positively.
The SDKS is a well-equipped and technologically advanced dental college that offers excellent infrastructure to its students. The college has state-of-the-art facilities and a host of other amenities that are essential for the education of dentists.
Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College Nagpur Admission
Yearly Intake of BDS Course
|Course||Yearly Intake Capacity|
Yearly Intake of MDS Course
|Department||Yearly Intake Capacity|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||3|
|Oral Pathology and Microbiology||3|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||3|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||3|
|Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||3|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3|
- BDS and MDS students must appear National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) examination. This exam is conducted by the Medical Council of India (MCI). After passing this exam, candidates can apply to various medical colleges nationwide.
- After appearing NEET examination, applicants need to undergo counseling. This counseling helps applicants understand their eligibility for various courses offered by dental colleges in India.
- You can choose “Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College & Hospital, Nagpur,” as your priority dental college for admission.
- Department preference remains an essential factor to consider while applying to any college. So, select a dental college that matches your interests and preferences.
- Wait for the merit list to get published on the announced date.
- If everything looks good and you meet all eligibility criteria, then finally, wait for notification regarding the final allotment. Once you receive the allotment notice, you can browse the college website to check your admission status.
Eligibility Criteria for BDS
The Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) is a four-year course and one-year internship that leads to the award of a degree in dental surgery. To be eligible for the BDS program, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Before 31st December of the year of admission to the BDS course, the minimum age of an aspirant must be 17 years.
- Must have passed the 10 + 2 Examination.
- Minimum 50% marks in Physics-Chemistry-Biology (PCB) and passed in English subject.
- NEET eligibility criteria.
- Qualify NEET exam.
Documents Required for BDS Admission
- NEET scorecard.
- NEET admit card.
- Seat allotment letter from state CET Cell.
- 10th marks sheet.
- 12th marks sheet.
- 12th pass certificate.
- Transfer certificate.
- Migration certificate.
- Identity proof.
- Caste validity certificate, if applicable.
- Document for date of birth.
- Non-creamy layer certificate, if applicable.
- Income certificate, if applicable.
- A medical certificate, if applicable.
- Ten recent passport-sized and stamp-sized photocopies.
Eligibility Criteria for MDS
The MDS curriculum is a three-year full-time degree program that prepares aspiring dental surgeons in India. To be eligible for the MDS program, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of India.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in dental medicine or dentistry from an accredited institution in India.
- Have completed at least two years of residency training after completing their undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must qualify NEET MDS entrance test.
- Qualify an exam administered by the Dental Council of India (DCI).
Documents Required for MDS Admission
- Nationality certificate.
- NEET mark sheet.
- ID proof.
- BDS Degree Certificate.
- BDS mark sheet.
- University Internship Completion Certificate.
- Permanent Registration Certificate issued by State Dental Council and renewal receipt.
- Caste Certificate (If applicable).
- Non-Creamy layer Certificate (If applicable).
- Income Certificate SC, EWS (If applicable).
- EWS Certificate (If applicable).
- Leaving Certificate / Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate (If applicable).
- Self- Educational Gap (after completion of Internship programmed) Affidavit by student certified by Executive. Magistrate/Notary (Wherever applicable).
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- No objection certificate if employed.
- Conduct certificate.
- Ten recent passport-sized and stamp-sized photocopies.
Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College Nagpur Courses Offered
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
The BDS program is an excellent way to begin your journey as a dental practitioner. It is a 5 year course that enlightens students about the basics of dentistry and teaches them about subjects that are integral in both research and professional practice. The course gives students practical experience while imparting deep theoretical knowledge.
Master of Dental Surgery
The MDS course is the next step for students who wish to learn ever more about the field. The postgraduate course is designed to give students a better understanding of the subjects already studied while introducing new themes and concepts that are imperative if you want to be more proficient professionally.
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics||
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology||
|Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry||
|Public Health Dentistry||
Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College Fee Structure
The college offers courses such as BDS and MDS in Dentistry which is recognised by the Dental Council of India. SDKS dental college Nagpur fees structure is as follows:
|Course||Tuition Fees (Per Year)|
Note: In addition to the tuition fees, a caution money deposit of 15000/- for BDS and 25000/- for MDS is also required which is refundable on completion of the course.
There are many ways to finance your college education, one option is to take out a bank loan. Many financial institutions or banks offer loans specifically for college students. Another option is to look into scholarships and freeship schemes offered by colleges – often, these can help cover tuition fees. Be sure to contact the college authorities for more information on what financial aid options are available.
Placements and Scope
After completing BDS and MDS in India, dentists can work in different sectors across the country. Dentist jobs are available in private hospitals, government organizations, and dental clinics. The scope of work for a dentist is wide-ranging and includes everything from general dentistry to oral surgery.
After completing your BDS, you may also wish to pursue an MDS programme. This will provide you with additional skills and knowledge in the field of dentistry and can open up new career opportunities. There are many good reasons to consider an MDS programme, including the potential for higher earnings and greater job satisfaction.
The future looks bright for dentists who have completed their BDS and MDS courses in India.
Many job opportunities are waiting for them across the country. With so many options, dentists must make the most of their training by studying hard and getting good grades.
- Private hospitals.
- Private dental clinics.
- Government hospitals.
- Dental colleges/ universities.
- Speciality hospitals (for orthodontics, oral surgery, etc.).
- Pharmaceutical research center.
Some of the top companies in the field include Apollo Hospitals, Fortis Healthcare, Sun Pharma, Manipal Hospitals, and more. With a degree, there are plenty of opportunities to get hired by one of these top companies from the healthcare industry.
Awards and Achievements
Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College is proud to announce the following awards and achievements:
- The prestigious Prime Minister Research Fellowship was awarded to the college for its research on the “Development of Mineral Trioxide Aggregate (MTA) very low-cost.” SDKS dental college & hospital sponsored the project in association with the Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai – The dental college has signed an MOU with ICT to collaborate on various projects related to dentistry and technology. A project to develop Mineral Trioxide Aggregate (MTA) very low cost was successfully completed in 2017.
- Dr. Gourav Tibdewal and Dr. Nikhil Mankar have been awarded the Second prize for poster presentation at ENDOMEET 2012, Nagpur. This event was attended by eminent dental professionals from all over India and abroad, who judged the presentations based on their originality, scientific merit, and impact on dentistry.
- The college has conferred degrees on many distinguished personalities, including Dr. Rakhi Chandak, awarded the Best Paper Award at NIDACON-Nagpur in 2012.
- Dr. Deepika Chandhok was felicitated at the release of her book ‘Textbook of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics by Hon’ble President Pranab Mukherjee in 2017. The book was released in the presence of dignitaries from the field of dentistry and medicine. Dr. Chandhok has been instrumental in the development of the college and has contributed immensely to the advancement of dental education in India.
The Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College library is a valuable resource for students and faculty. It contains various books, journals, and other useful materials for both groups. The library also has an extensive collection of electronic resources, including e-books and online journals.
The separate hostel for girls and boys provides them with tables, cupboards, and round-the-clock security. The facilities include:
- A two-bed structure.
- Individual tables and cabinets.
- Comfortable beds.
- Wi-Fi access in all building areas.
- Essential amenities like toilets and showers.
Womens Grievance Redressal Cell
The facility helps address any complaints or grievances related to college life. The cell is equipped with all the necessary resources to deal with cases effectively. It provides a safe environment for women to express their concerns without fear of retribution or discrimination.
College Contact Details
- Address – Wanadongari, Wadhamna Road, Hingna, Dist Nagpur – 441110.
- E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any enquiry, whether you’re a dental aspirant looking for information about the course or college or have questions about the admissions process, we are happy to help. Please read our blog posts for more details, or contact us directly. We would be more than lively to answer any of your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What about the Accredited/ Rank of Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College?
The college is accredited as NAAC A++ by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) by the MHRD, Govt of India.
2. How Can I get a Hostel Allotment?
At the time of admission, hostel accommodation is allotted on a first cum first serve basis. The management does the allotment of rooms per the rules and regulations laid down by the college from time to time.
3. Does the College Provide any Extracurricular Activities?
The college provides some extracurricular activities, including sports, an interaction module, and a British club.
4. When Should I Pay My Tuition Fee?
If you're a first-year student, you can pay by demand draft, on the day of counseling/admission.
5. Can I have any Facility for Payment of Fees in Installments?
No, you should make the payment for the entire first year on the day of counseling/admission. The following fees on the dates are to be notified.
6. What about the Campus Placement of the College?
All eligible students are allowed to participate in the placement process. The selection criteria are based on merit and performance in the examinations.
7. Can I Apply Under/ For NRI Quota?
If you're a foreign national or Non-Resident Indian (NRI) supported by your family members having NRI status, you can apply under the NRI category.
8. How Far is the college from the Bus Stand/Railway station/Airport?
The college is located 17 km from the ST Bus stand, 17.3 km from Nagpur Junction railway station, and 13 km from Nagpur airport runway.
A Note for Readers:
I want to thank all of my readers for their acceptance and moral support. I started this blog to share my thoughts and experiences, and it’s been amazing to see the response from so many people. I’m genuinely grateful for the connection we’ve all formed through this shared space.
As we move forward, I hope we can continue learning from each other and growing together. Thank you again for being a part of this community. Please feel free to leave a comment below and share your thoughts and experience. I would appreciate it.