|Apply for Admission 2022-23
Hello all! Hope all of you are doing well. I hope you are going through my posts about nursing colleges in Karnataka and finding the information which you are looking for about the colleges. In today’s post, I am going to talk about one more college which is Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore. It is among the most well-known college in Karnataka. I will tell you more details about this college.
Table of Contents
- Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore Overview
- Course Details
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore
- Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing at Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore
- Master of Science in Nursing at Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore
- Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) at Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore
- Academic Eligibility
- Documents required
- Admissions 2022-23
- Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore Fees Structure
- Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore Placements
- Life at Campus
- Departments and Research
Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore Overview
Unity Institute of Nursing Sciences came into existence in the year 1982. It was inaugurated by Mr. Miles Hardy who was the Director of the General International Hospital Federation, along with P.N.Ghel who is the Secretary-General of the Association of Indian Hospitals. The institution comes under the Unity Health and Charitable Trust. It is known for its modernized, energetic, and zestful institute of nursing with expertise, and knowledgeable and experienced faculties. The campus is the home to the brightest minds having students across the country. It has got an excellent track record of toppers and rank holders in Karnataka.
Unity Nursing College is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council (INC) as well as by the Karnataka State Nursing Council (KNC). It is also affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.It is located in a place called Kankanady, which is in the city of Mangalore. The Unity Group colleges which are located on the same campus are:
- Unity College of Allied Health Sciences.
- Unity Institute of Paramedical Sciences.
The state-of-the-art campus opened in 2008 with all the physical facilities required by the statutory organization. The highly dedicated faculty members are committed to providing academic excellence in the field of nursing education.
Unity Institute of Nursing Sciences offers various courses for students who are considering making a career in the field of Nursing. It has graduate and post-graduate level courses such as Bachelor of Science in Nursing or B.Sc. Nursing, Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing or M.Sc. Nursing or M.Sc. Nursing.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore
Bachelor of Science in Nursing is also known as B.Sc. Nursing. It is a course for a duration of four academic years.
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing at Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing is a course for a duration of two years after completing a Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM).
Master of Science in Nursing at Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore
Master of Science in Nursing is also called M.Sc. Nursing. It is a specialized course for a duration of two years. The specializations offered are:
- Community Health Nursing.
- Medical-Surgical Nursing.
- Paediatric Health Nursing (Child Health Nursing).
- Psychiatric Nursing.
Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) at Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore
A diploma In General Nursing and Midwifery GNM is a graduate-level diploma, which can be done after completing the three-year course.
Nursing is one of the noblest professions. It requires a lot of patience, dedication, love, and care towards sick people and those having serious illnesses.If you are inclined towards taking B.Sc. In nursing, then the following eligibility must be satisfied:
- Must have passed Pre-University or Pre-Degree course or its equivalent with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and also aggregate marks combined must not be less than forty-five percentage.
- The aggregate marks scored for those belonging to SC/ST Category must be forty percent.
- The student must have completed seventeen years of age on or before 31st December on the year of getting admissions. The maximum age should not be more than thirty-five years.
- Students must be physically fit.
He/she has to fulfill the eligibility to get admission to Post Basic B.Sc Nursing:
- Must have passed Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM).
- Must be a registered nurse under any State Nursing Council.
- Must have at least two years of work experience in a hospital or Community Health Nursing.
- Must have passed any pre-university examination in any of the streams like Arts, Science, or Commerce, conducted by the Department of Pre-University Education, Karnataka, or any course which is equivalent and also recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Must be physically fit to undergo the course.
He/she must fulfill the following criteria for M.Sc. Nursing:
- Must have passed 12th class/10+2 or any other examination which has been conducted by a recognized Board/University
- GNM or Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery from a college/institution which has been recognized by the Indian Nursing Council (INC).
- Must be physically fit.
The eligibility for GNM are:
- He/she must have passed 12th standard/10+2 or its equivalent with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The aggregate score must not be less than forty-five percent.
- Must have passed a 10+2 Vocational ANM course from a school that is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council.
- After passing the 12th standard or its equivalent examination, he/she must have undergone ANM Training for one and half years.
- He/she must have attained seventeen years of age as of 31st December on the year of taking admissions.
The documents required for B.Sc. Nursing are:
- 10th Standard Mark sheet.
- 12th Standard Mark sheet.
- 10th and 12th Standard School Leaving Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
- Recent photographs.
The documents required for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing are:
- GNM Passing Certificate.
- GNM Mark sheet.
- Experience Certificate.
- Transfer/Migration Certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- 10th Standard Mark sheet (For Date of Birth).
- Community/Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
You need to keep four or five photocopies of the original documents in hand so that it becomes easier during the admission process. Admissions are based on merit basis. The documents to be enclosed for M.Sc Nursing are:
- Nationality or domicile certificate, if there change in the domicile.
- Mark sheet of the qualifying examination (SSLC, PU, TC, Conduct, Medical, and Migration Certificates. All these originals must be produced during the time of the interview).
- SSLC Certificate photocopy (Age proof).
- Draft payable in Mangalore in favor of Unity Academy of Education.
- Registration Memo Card.
- Three passport-size photos.
The documents required for GNM are:
- 12th standard or its equivalent Mark sheet.
- 12th Standard Passing Certificate.
- 3.10th Standard Certificate and Passing Certificate (For Date of Birth).
- ANM Mark sheet.
- ANM Training Certificate.
- Aadhar Card as Identification Proof.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Migration Certificate.
- Recent passport size photos.
|Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
Unity Group of Institutions has mentioned the admission process on its website. If you are interested in taking admission to the various courses, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- The application form can be obtained by sending a DD or Postal Order for four hundred rupees which is payable at Mangalore in favor of Unity Care and Health Services Pvt Ltd A/c Nursing College and Nursing School to Unity Academy of Education or by Cash at the institute office.
- Download the application form from the website and payment can be done as mentioned below.
- The application form must be filled in his/her handwriting and sent to the Principal of the respective courses with photocopies of the documents:
- Attested photocopy of the Mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
- Attested a photocopy of the SSLC Certificate mentioning the date of birth.
- Recent passport size photo fixed along with application form.
- Registration fee of one hundred and fifty rupees, sent through DD payable at Mangalore, in favor of The Registrar, Unity Academy of Education.
- Registration Memo Card.
- During admission time, the students and their guardians will have to sign a declaration form stating their children will abide by the college rules and regulations.
- All the admissions are based on merit.
Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore Fees Structure
To know about the fee structure of Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore you can call me or write to me and I will revert back as soon as possible.
Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore Placements
Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore has a fully dedicated placement cell, which provides placement assistance and facility to all the students. The main purpose of the cell is to make the students industry-ready. They get placed in the top hospitals in the country.
Life at Campus
Unity Academy of Education, Institute of Nursing Sciences has a beautiful campus located in the port city of Dakshina Kannada, Mangalore. It has got excellent infrastructure facilities on the campus for the students so that they feel at home.
The facilities on campus are:
Hostels at Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore
Unity Institute of Nursing Sciences has got separate blocks for the boys and girls. There are separate single rooms and double rooms. There is a reading room, visitor’s room, stores, and recreation hall in the hostels. Security is provided round the clock, to make them feel safe and secure on campus.
Dining Hall at Unity Academy of Education Institute of Nursing Sciences Mangalore
There is a dining hall in the hostel where the students can take their meals. Multi cuisines are prepared in the kitchen keeping in mind their health and well-being.
Unity Nursing College believes in providing hands-on experience to learn more about clinical nursing. Each of the labs is modernized and well equipped with the equipment. These labs help in developing the practical knowledge of the students.
Some of the labs are:
- Fundamentals of Nursing Lab
- Community Health Nursing Lab.
- O.B.G Lab.
- Nutrition Lab.
- Computer Lab.
The institution has got separate libraries for each of the colleges. It has got a vast collection of books, journals, magazines, and reference materials.
The transport facility is available to both the faculty and staff members. It has got four buses to take the students from the hostels to college as well as to hospitals.
The students are encouraged to participate in different extracurricular activities, inter-college competitions, and university-level competitions. The college won awards for Essay writing in 2008. They also won the prize for Inter College and Cultural Literacy meet which was organized on the occasion of Aids Day Celebrations.
Departments and Research
Unity Academy of Education, Institute of Nursing Sciences has got departments for each of the specializations, so that the students get more exposure to the real-life situations, that they are required to handle while practicing nursing in the hospital. Different departments are:
Department of Medical-Surgical Nursing
Medical-Surgical Nursing Department is a broad specialization subject that relates to taking care of the patients in their health conditions. It helps them to become Medical Surgical Nurse and perform nursing care and evaluation.
Department of Child Health Nursing
This department looks after taking care of children, child development, and forming Comprehensive child care policies.
Department of Community Health Nursing
Community Health Nursing Department helps the students to identify the problems in the society and form strategies for primary health care.
Department of Mental Health Nursing
It aims to provide guidance on issues related to mental health and helps in acquiring skills to identify, promote, curate as well as help in rehabilitation aspects of mental health.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing
The main purpose of this department is to focus on the women’s care during the years of bearing the children, reproductive child health, pregnancy care, labor care, and gynecological problems. It prepares the students to function as nurse-midwives.
I have tried to provide in detail the information which will be useful for you while taking your decision about the college. I have gathered input from my friends who are studying there and have passed out. I used to research online. If you like my post, spread it among your friends and family. Still having more questions about the college, I am here to help you out by taking you through the admission process. To know more, please visit http://www.rguhs.ac.in/.
Please write to me, in the comment box below and I will get back at the earliest. If you are an alumnus of the college, write a review for us which will help the others.
If you are looking for information about the top colleges in Bangalore, you can go through my detailed post about the top 10 BSc nursing colleges in Bangalore.