Today, physiotherapy has marked its huge presence across the healthcare sector in India. This is a booming industry which you can join after accomplishing a degree in BPT. There are lot many good physiotherapy colleges in Karnataka from where you can pursue a degree in BPT.
So! If you are looking for a top BPT college in Bangalore with good career prospects, then you must check out this college. I have posted all the relevant and important information regarding Vemana College of Physiotherapy. Read ahead to understand the admission process, fee details, courses, placement, facilities offered etc.
Table of Contents
- Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Courses
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents required
- Admission Process 2022-23 for Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Placements at Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Departments and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
Karnataka Reddy Jana Sabha was founded in the year 1925. Its main aim was to cater to the educational requirements of the different sections of society. It is going to complete hundred years milestone. KRJS believes in imparting VidyaDhaana by adding different disciplines from Pre-Nursery to Post Graduate level courses.
Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is one of the prestigious institutions under KRJS. The main aim of the institution is to make the students become achievers and also help them in making their valuable contributions to society and the country as a whole. They instil the values and ethics in which they have an open mind toward learning.
Students here are trained by well-qualified professionals so that they are up to the high standards and expectations of their profession. They are groomed to become medical professionals who are ready to meet new challenges in order to make their dreams come true.
KRJS Group of Institutions is a conglomerate that provides the best academic institutions and provides excellent knowledge and education. The institutions which come under the group are:
- Vemana Institute of Technology.
- RJS Institute of Management Studies.
- RJS First Grade College.
- RJS Pre-University College.
- Sharadamma A Narayana Reddy RJS Polytechnic and ITI.
- RJS PU and Degree Evening College.
- DBM and RJS High School.
- DBM AND RJS Primary School.
- KRJS Medical Hospital.
- KRJS Medical College and Research Centre.
The institution is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. It is also recognized by the Karnataka Government. The location of the college is at # 1, Mahayogi Vemana Road, 3rd Block, Koramangala, Bangalore-560034.
Why study at Vemana College of Physiotherapy?
The main reasons for joining physiotherapy at Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore are:
- Placement assistance across various Specialty Hospitals, Sports teams, service industry, research centres, Fitness training, and NGOs across the world.
- Help in providing community services to Government-run agencies and NGOs to impart education.
- A professional approach to inpatient care is given through diversified and organized training.
- Imparting Knowledge through classroom education, social media online, and Skills Training workshops.
- Technologically driven patient evaluation and training systems for training its students at the highest Indian and Global Standards.
- To empower the health professionals by imparting global competencies through advanced level technologies and research through ethics and values.
- To impart learner-centric education by providing excellence in the knowledge, skills, and attitude, helping them to give them holistic services with lots of care, compassion, confidence, commitment, and conviction.
Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Courses
Vemana College of Physiotherapy offers a graduate-level program, which is the Bachelor of Physiotherapy. It is also known as BPT. It is a full-time course for a duration of four and half years. It includes six months of compulsory internship.
The course curriculum of the Bachelors of Physiotherapy or BPT course includes the following subjects:
|Subjects in the First Year.||Subjects in the Second Year.|
|Sociology.||Ethics and Admin.|
|English.||First Aid And CPR.|
|Kannada.||Constitution of India.|
|Basic Nursing.||Introduction to treatment.|
|Orientation to Physiotherapy.||Clinical Observation Posting.|
|Integrated Seminars/PBL Sessions.|
You will have to complete six months or twenty-six weeks of internship after completing the final year examinations. The internship must be done in a teaching hospital which is recognized by the University which is within the State of Karnataka.
It is a rotatory internship and covers all the various branches of physiotherapy such as Orthopaedics, Neurology, General Medicine, General Surgery, Neurosurgery Paediatrics, Obstetrics, and Gynaecology with both inpatient and outpatient services. The six months of the rotatory internship are covered in the given pattern.
|Physiotherapy OPD (includes Paediatrics and OBG wards).||One month|
|General Medicine (including MICU and CCU).||One month|
|General Surgery wards (Including CTS wards, CTS ICU and Burns).||One month|
|Neurology and Neurosurgery Wards (including Neuro ICU).||One month|
|Community Posting.||One month|
Looking to pursue a BPT course, then the following eligibility criteria must be satisfied:
- Must have passed 12th standard or 10 + 2 from any recognized Board or University.
- The aggregate score for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the English language must be around forty percent.
- For SC/ST students, the aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with the English language must be around thirty-five percent.
- The minimum age during the time of getting admission must be seventeen years.
- Students are required to submit a Medical Fitness Certificate from an Authorized Government Medical Officer stating that he/she is fit to undergo the course.
Documents required for taking admission for BPT are:
- 10th Standard Mark sheets and Passing Certificate.
- 12th Standard Mark sheets and Passing Certificate.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
- ID Proof such as Passport, Driver’s License, Voter ID, and PAN Card.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Community Certificate.
- Recent photographs.
Note-To makes the admissions hassle-free, it is advisable to carry four or five photocopies of the original documents.
Admission Process 2022-23 for Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The details regarding the various courses at Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore are available on the website. Please follow the steps to fill in the application forms and pay the application fees. If you are having difficulty filling out the application or any other problem, you can call me or send me a message. I will definitely get back soon.
Placements at Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore has got a placement cell that assists in providing placements to its students, to choose their career paths in the healthcare industry. The physiotherapy students get placed in private clinics, Government Hospitals, Government and Private Nursing Homes, Community Health Centers, NGOs, Sports teams, Franchises, Fitness Centers, Gyms, Defense companies, Special Schools, and so on.
Some of the hospitals where the students get placed are:
- Vikram Hospital.
- Global Hospitals.
- Fortis Hospitals.
- Sakra World Hospital.
- Columbia Asia Hospital.
- Apollo Hospitals.
- NU Hospitals.
- Manipal Hospitals.
KRJS Group of Institutions has got a vast campus at Koramangala. Vemana College of Physiotherapy provides excellent infrastructural facilities to the students during the course duration. The facilities available are:
Hostels at Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
There are separate blocks for hostels for boys and girls. Each room is spacious and furnished. The students who are residing in the hostel have study tables, beds, and cupboards. The safety and security of the students staying in these hostels are of prime importance. The hostel warden takes care of the facilities available there. Security is provided round the clock to ensure a safe environment.
Mess/Cafeteria at Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
A hostel Mess facility is provided to all the students who are staying in the hostels. A large dining hall is there where students come to have their food. Many types of cuisines are prepared in the kitchen, which is kept clean and hygienic.
Library at Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
A library is the knowledge center of every institution. Each college has got separate libraries. A vast collection of reference books, journals, textbooks, and reference books are available to the students and faculties.
Faculty members at Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore are highly qualified, experienced, and dedicated to work. They guide, mentor, and monitor the students during the course duration.
Vemana College of Physiotherapy has got a separate fleet of buses for students and staff. The students are taken to and fro from the hostels to clinical postings and vice versa.
Outdoor sports such as Cricket, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, Badminton, and Handball facilities are available for the students. There is a stadium in which the college, state, and national level tournaments take place.
Departments and Research
Various Departments at Vemana College of Physiotherapy are:
Department of Neurological Therapy and Rehabilitation
Neurological therapy and rehabilitation begin through timely screening, examination, analysis, and evaluation by the physiotherapist, which is usually followed by interventions that help in the curing of neurological disorders.
Department of Community Based Rehabilitation
The Department coordinates and integrates with patients having Neuromuscular and Musculoskeletal disorders. Venema Institute of Physiotherapy organizes blood donation camps, health camps, AIDS awareness programs, and many others. It aims at benefitting the community and society.
Department of Paediatric Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
Pediatric Physiotherapy helps in the early detection of the healthcare field. Conditions such as Cerebral Palsy, Sensory Integration Disorders are treated in this department.
Department of Musculoskeletal and Sports Physiotherapy
Musculoskeletal includes a wide range of Musculoskeletal problems such as problems that affect the bones, joints, and connective tissues. It may have conditions like arthritis and trauma.
Department of Cardio-Respiratory Physiotherapy
The Department of Cardio-Respiratory Physiotherapy deals with the prevention and rehabilitation of patients with diseases of the lungs and heart.
I have put a lot of time and effort into gathering information. I have done my research online and offline. Vemana College of Physiotherapy is considered to be the best college offering physiotherapy courses. It has got an excellent infrastructure, qualified faculty members, and the latest courses.
To know more, visit http://www.karnatakaphysio.org/.Got more queries or questions about the admissions, colleges, courses, fee structure, etc., you can call me or write to me. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Write a review on our website, so that it is helpful for others.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it compulsory to appear for the NEET entrance examinations for getting admission to BPT?
No, you can get admission to BPT without appearing for the NEET entrance examinations.
2. What is the minimum percentage of marks to qualify for BPT?
Students who are willing to pursue BPT must have passed their twelfth standard in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the English language with an aggregate score of forty-five percent in any qualifying examination from any recognized board or university.
3. Which course is better BPT or B. Sc Nursing?
Whichever course you would like to pursue whether BPT or B.Sc. Nursing depends on your liking. If you take up BPT, you will become a physiotherapist, and if you take up B.Sc. In nursing, you will become a nurse. Both the courses have their advantages and disadvantages. It's better to choose a course of your liking.
4. Can I apply for the civil services examination after completing BPT?
Yes, you can apply for civil services examinations after completing BPT.
5. What are the other job opportunities for BPT students apart from physiotherapists?
Teaching is the most sought-after non-clinical career option available to BPT students.
6. Why is physiotherapy a good choice?
Physiotherapy is a very independent health profession that is mainly aimed at the prevention or alleviation of body movements and dysfunction in people. It is a widely adapted rehabilitation program, which helps in getting back to normal life.
7. Should I write NEET again, Is BAMS/Physiotherapy a good course?
If you are not able to clear your NEET in multiple attempts, then it is a waste of time. If you are living in a rural area, then BAMS is reasonable, or in an urban area Physiotherapy is a good course.
8. What must be my qualification so that I can teach BPT students?
The minimum qualification for teaching BPT students must be MPT specialization. Nowadays, Ph.D. in the physiotherapy field is considered an educational requirement for the teaching field.
9. Is the BPT course good for the future?
Yes, the BPT course is good for the future if you are wanting to become a successful physiotherapist.
10. Is there any management quota for the BPT course?
Yes, if you have written the NEET examination and also written the entrance examination for the college. Then, after that, you will become eligible to get a seat through the management quota.
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case if you are a student or alumni of Vemana College of Physiotherapy Bangalore, then please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.